Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot Get Married?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2017
    @kayt did you give the promise ring before getting engaged? I keep hearing that particular bug was fixed but its still happening in my game. I've actually had to ctrl alt c ctrl shift c then type testingcheats true then type cas.fulleditmode then shift click on a sim in the household and change their relationship to husband and wife for it to work out in my game.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    This bug should not still be happening. The serial romantic aspiration should allow for us to keep our boyfriends/girlfriends and allow for us to actually get married. EA needs to fix this.
  • Options
    SrybuttnotsrySrybuttnotsry Posts: 1 New Member
    As of today, this is the second time I’ve had this problem. I’m on Xbox One. Neither of the sims had any other romantic relationships. One couple were both unemployed, (one sim I mad because many of the men were elders) and the other couple were roommates. I had them wait a few simdays and married just fine no problems.

I’m currently playing my favorite couple of all. Clara, the female had the painter job (almost maxed out) but had to quit to get married. The fiancé, spencer is unemployed.

I wish I didn’t hve this problem when I wanted to marry my sims. I just want a happy WORKING family.
  • Options
    LittlemurmayedLittlemurmayed Posts: 1 New Member
    I found out what is happening with this glitch. If you have something in home that belongs to a "job" ie, vet items or spa items; and one of the sims you are trying to marry uses them, the game will take this as if they are under your "employ" because the work items are on a lot you own. You must remove the items and then the marriage option will become available.
  • Options
    CelesteDreamer21CelesteDreamer21 Posts: 41 Member
    I don't like bugs
  • Options
    SteampunkAngieSteampunkAngie Posts: 11 New Member
    2018 and this is still a problem. Hope it gets cleared up soon so this bug stops.
  • Options
    Sativa44Sativa44 Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this issue. I had to break up with previous sim and now am married yay
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I found out what is happening with this glitch. If you have something in home that belongs to a "job" ie, vet items or spa items; and one of the sims you are trying to marry uses them, the game will take this as if they are under your "employ" because the work items are on a lot you own. You must remove the items and then the marriage option will become available.

Appreciate the insight into this issue. I've had it happen several times to me. I'll take this into consideration in the future.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Bekahx3 wrote: »
    I'm not posting this in the bugs section because I'm assuming it's not a bug, just something I don't understand.
    Edit: The more I look into this, the more it is definitely a bug.
    My sim is engaged and the two marriage interactions are greyed out, with the message "Marrying a Sim in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship."
    Does that mean her job won't allow her to marry? She's an internet personality. I don't get why that would prevent her from marrying. x.x
    Update:
    Luckily this Sim has the Serial Romantic aspiration, so she had several boyfriends and girlfriends lined up. I dumped the first guy and tried marrying two more people and I'm getting the same message. The weird thing is that the option will randomly be available for a minute and then if I click it, the action will cancel and it will be greyed out again. And I can't seem to notice any specific pattern with when the option becomes available. With the first fiance, I even tried adding him to the family and employing him. Still got the same message. And when I added him, his marriage option to marry the girl was there, but it would just immediately cancel every time I clicked it.

I have gotten that a few times even though my sim had nobody in her employ. If you have MC Command Center set to where you can have Sims marry "employees". That is the only way I know how to by pass this. I don't know of any cheat off hand that will allow the same thing.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I'm having this problem too. I have a couple that's been Engaged for quite a long time. One of them has the "Elope" actions greyed out whereas the other it can be selected but when you do, it cancels itself out. I tried to go into CAS to alter their relationship but it's greyed out. They are both in relationships with other people (they have the Serial Romantic trait) and they're ones they want to keep.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    I'm having this problem too. I have a couple that's been Engaged for quite a long time. One of them has the "Elope" actions greyed out whereas the other it can be selected but when you do, it cancels itself out. I tried to go into CAS to alter their relationship but it's greyed out. They are both in relationships with other people (they have the Serial Romantic trait) and they're ones they want to keep.

sadly, you won't be able to keep any other relationships if you want them to get married. you will have to cut all ties with all of the relationships. It doesn't seem right if you are a serial romantic. :(