Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favorite things to do in the sims 2?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sandy_K1231Sandy_K1231 Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="Sandy_K1231;c-15854645"]Hi! I have been playing the Sims 2 for years and it is my favorite game! I love making my own neighborhoods and sims. Recently, I started playing in a way where I create a bunch of families of either of three brothers or sister adults by creating a male and female sim, making their children as adults and deleting the Sims I used to make the siblings. I make one have the family aspiration, one knowledge, and one fortune. Using dice I make one turn on a hair color based on the number I roll. After the families are all created I have them all date each other until they are married off. When they have children I make it so that unless they are a family sim who has the marry off 6 children ltw, they have a maximum of three but hopefully two, children in order to have at least one boy and one girl. Then I roll dice for the aspiration as the children age. I play in a rotation and don't use any money cheats. The starting sims are of all ethnicities and I try to start with the he most traditional features. (Blonde hair blue eyes, red hair green eyes) and will make at least 6 sims (2 families) of each race and gender with at least half of the Sims having the traditional eye color to match race and hair color. I have to use driftwood to have enough lot space but I never get bored because there's always a different family to play and dynamic. I don't use any cheats. After the first generation I categorize them by simoleons and put the first 5 wealthiest sims on the huge lot, the next 10, on large lots, the next 15 on the medium lots, the poorest sims get the smallest lots. I also build all houses. Heirs are first born but only if the family has a six figure amount of simoleons. Heirs are all family, fortune or knowledge, only to give a greater chance of carrying on the legacy. The only way a sim from a family not wealthy enough to have an heir to inherent the family money / home is if the sim still lives in the house when their last parent passes away. Otherwise, when they reach adulthood they must move out. Six figure or wealthier sims must send their children to private school. Sims of these families can continue to live with the family until they want to move out or get married. Love is love and sims can marry and date any sim of any race or gender. Although in order to populate the neighborhood with related sims of all sorts I don't have same sex relationships during the first generation. Generations following the first can have relationships with premade sims and townies. They don't marry until they want to and both sims have to want to. I try for baby anytime it is an option with sims that seemingly would be the type to be careless in real life with that sort of thing. The more responsible sims can just woo-hoo when a child isn't wanted by both sims. Exception is the birth of an heir which must happen. Basically, I try to make it as much like real life as possible. I love how imaginative the game allows me to be. I am a naturally creative person and a writer so it appeals to me for that reason. [/quote]

I should mention that the siblings I create for the first generation have the same hair color.