Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favorite things to do in the sims 2?

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Can you have a Vampire Zombie? If so, that would make for some interesting game play.

edited for typo.

Yep.

You can even have an alien, zombie, vampire, werewolf, plantsim, witch all in one. Plant Sim + vampire makes for interesting game play. Vampires are killed by sunlight, but plant sims require sun light to live...

Wow, so how do you keep them from burning up and/or wilting?

Seriously though; it's this kind of creative development that makes this game so cool, even so many years later. So what is it about EA that they seem to want this game version to die so badly that they refuse to look at what they've currently got and try and make it better???
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2016
    I like to play my megahood and be able to throw all the premades from every hood into the mix as potential mates for anyone. I can find higher attraction this way. It also gives me the chance to move any Sim to any hood without fear of corruption.

Speaking of hybrids, I made a list years ago that helped you to know which Sims can be concocted without mods:

There are 4 base Sims:
    1) Normal (base game)
    2) Alien (base game - males are abducted and come back pregnant as long as the rules of pregnancy are followed)
    3) Servo (Open for Business - need a gold badge in robotery)
    4) Bigfoot (Bon Voyage - must ask him to move in while visiting the mountain secret lot)
    Base Sims are that - they cannot become one another because this is how they are born or created.

PlantSims are the freaks of the bunch. They can be grown, but PlantSim is not their base. If they are cured, they will revert to their base.

There are 5 creatures base Sims can become:
    1) Zombie (University, Freetime and Apartment Life - I think you need Uni for it to work in the other two)
    2) Vampire (Nightlife)
    3) Werewolf (Pets)
    4) PlantSim (Seasons)
    5) Witch (Apartment Life)

Normal and Alien Sims can become any of the 5 or any combo.

Servos can become Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves, Witches or any combo of the 4. They can't become PlantSims because of the water need that would cause the Servos to short circuit.

Bigfeet can become Zombies, Witches or a Zombie/Witch combo. At one time Bigfoot could become a Vampire, but one of the Freetime patches disabled this.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Can you have a Vampire Zombie? If so, that would make for some interesting game play.

edited for typo.

Yep.

You can even have an alien, zombie, vampire, werewolf, plantsim, witch all in one. Plant Sim + vampire makes for interesting game play. Vampires are killed by sunlight, but plant sims require sun light to live...

Seriously though; it's this kind of creative development that makes this game so cool, even so many years later. So what is it about EA that they seem to want this game version to die so badly that they refuse to look at what they've currently got and try and make it better???

The sun lamps that you put up inside green houses can be used inside regular houses without harming vampires, but will raise the sunlight motive should it drop.

edited for typo.

Yep.

The sun lamps that you put up inside green houses can be used inside regular houses without harming vampires, but will raise the sunlight motive should it drop.

weird, but cool.
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    In TS2 it's easy to play the whole hood. Build it the way you want it, decorate it the way you want. I often had only one Mayor, I mean what town has two? lol A few police officers, a few professors (Education Career) one Dean, etc. etc. I didn't give all Sims all the careers. It made sense to me some of those careers would have different Sims on different rungs of the ladder. So, a lot of them never got an actual promotion (easily avoided in TS2) so they would remain a dishwasher, etc. Some had businesses (right in the main hood a lot of the times) where my Sims had to go if they wanted furniture, groceries, a restaurant meal, a club event etc. I made the Sims I played visit my other Sims' businesses to buy anything. I had whole lots, with mixed venues. Like a toy store district, a close shopping district, restaurants etc. All on one huge lot etc. I rebuilt London in the 1800's for my Sherlock and all the criminal elements and shop owners. Police station (with modded prison stuff that worked) etc. I took a lot of my ideas from other worlds I saw in adventure games. One rule I had in one hood was if they were friends with Sherlock then they would not die. Anyone else was fair game. lol I had my family sections, my slum sections (apartments/warehouses etc.) and the river, with a dock for the big ship. It was possible to build a plank, (with terrain tools) to get over to that ship from the shore, and many seedy crimes happened there at the docks I built. TS2, is more than a 'closed' world.

This inspired me to start playing Sims2 again and start my own neighborhood and create a town. Thanks :)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I used to love creating my own neighborhood and letting it evolve and grow. Now I love playing the premades in the neighborhood and watching how the neighborhood evolves. I am starting to get into the the second generation of Pleasantview and I must say it is quite entertaining. Some are still in college but some are back in the neighborhood. One of the premade Tricou teens I sent to college. She will come back as an immortal vampire and take over the Tricou mansion. I am not sure where her story goes from there but her teen siblings will be headed to college as some point and will become immortal vampires too. Right now she is sleeping with Daniel Pleasant Jr. (Daniel and Kaylynn's son) Wonder if she will kill him, turn him or just continue to sleep with him. Daniel doesn't have any intentions on settling down...lol

I haven't played vamps in Sims 2 in a long time. If they have children, are they human?

They will be human. Short of aliens, none of the occult states are able to be passed on through Try for Baby pregnancies. PlantSims can be be genetic through spawning Plant Sim babies.

You will be able to turn the offspring into a vampire when they turn teenager. Then they'll remain a teen until such time as you send them to University as they will not age.

Awesome. Thanks for the information. I wanted them to be human. Now she can have children.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I was looking through some old back ups of my game in search of a neighbourhood I made with Sims3 homes and characters and I came across a legacy neighbourhood with Mortimer and Bella Goth and their three children. I remember I stopped playing as I did not like the layout of the home and how it was evolving. :(
    Anyway to cut a long story short, I remodelled the home (The Sims but with a foundation) and my plan is every household in the neighbourhood will be related to Mortimer and Bella, the founders.
    I am hoping there might be some alien family members or Plant Sims or maybe one will be a Witch Sim (never done that yet!). :)
  • MingYangYoMingYangYo Posts: 362 Member
    When it's winter in game I like to make the teens take their little siblings out to go skating or stay in and make hot chocolate lol
    Let me in I got a heart of gold

L2Oe8ie.jpg
  • EnginoEngino Posts: 4 New Member
    I think my favorite thing to do is to make my sims do inhuman-but-funny stuff; case in point, make one do heavy weightlifting with the exercise bench. I swear, watching a sim almost get crushed by an arbitrarily heavy barbell is the cure for what ails ya!
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Playing cards at Rodney's and doing the Smustle at the diner.
  • trenton438trenton438 Posts: 3 New Member
    Keeping my sims alive forever! And never reaching red on the mood bar. Also, no cheats! Ever.
    trenton438 wrote: »
    Keeping my sims alive forever! And never reaching red on the mood bar. Also, no cheats! Ever.

If you don't use "cheats," how do you keep your Sims alive forever?
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I'm a fan of "small town" neighborhoods, i.e trying to build up a city center with "local" businesses rather than adding a downtown. I also like to play rural/farming style neighborhoods, and I'm thinking of starting a BACC type thing.

My other favorite is taking the premades and mixing up their lives - sort of rewriting the maxis script so that two old ladies looking for love in their golden years (Catherine Viejo and Betty Goldstein from Riverblossom Hills,) find each other rather than a random male sim, or so the two "competitors" in a love triangle fall in love themselves. (That one required LOTS of apologizing.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • trenton438trenton438 Posts: 3 New Member

30,000 aspiration points to reverse aging, of course!

I'm currently working on getting all of the families in Belladonna Cove to the 1st day of winter. Just finished with Malcolm Landgraab and got his Electronic Superstore business to level 6.

I'm currently working on getting all of the families in Belladonna Cove to the 1st day of winter. Just finished with Malcolm Landgraab and got his Electronic Superstore business to level 6.

Sorry, what do you mean, "30,000 aspiration points, "of course"" I'm not familiar with that. I don't believe I have that in my game. It would be really nice if people would stop making assumptions that "everyone" knows what someone else knows...

I use aging off to keep my sims from aging.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited January 2017

Sorry, what do you mean, "30,000 aspiration points, "of course"" I'm not familiar with that. I don't believe I have that in my game. It would be really nice if people would stop making assumptions that "everyone" knows what someone else knows...

Yes, you do have it in your Game. It's the Elixir of Life, an Aspiration reward. 5 drinks, 3 days added to their life (per drink iirc) if they're in gold or higher.
    Teens and Older can use it. If they drink while in green they have a high chance of loosing some days or if they drink in red they Will *loose 3 days from their life meter.

You also have the Cow Plant with University, which gives 5 days from from drinking the cow milk after if eats a Sim. :)
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Probably decorating, that's the only thing I am able to do with the sims 2 because I have so much ideas of houses, I forgot to play despite I love the game I am still a fan of.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I always do legacies in new neighborhoods and build all the community lots around the home. Building community lots.... I can get lost for hours still :smiley:
  • Sammysue944Sammysue944 Posts: 13 New Member
    I'm a fan of "small town" neighborhoods, i.e trying to build up a city center with "local" businesses rather than adding a downtown. I also like to play rural/farming style neighborhoods, and I'm thinking of starting a BACC type thing.

Sorry but what is BACC? I like to do a lot of prairie/ farming worlds as well and was just wondering what that meant
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Yes, you do have it in your Game. It's the Elixir of Life, an Aspiration reward. 5 drinks, 3 days added to their life (per drink iirc) if they're in gold or higher.
    Teens and Older can use it. If they drink while in green they have a high chance of loosing some days or if they drink in red they Will *loose 3 days from their life meter.

You also have the Cow Plant with University, which gives 5 days from from drinking the cow milk after if eats a Sim. :)

Um, WHY would I want a Sim to get eaten???
    I understand it gives you five days of life, but I'm not sure the death of a poor Sim is justification for that.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I like to make happy families; I especially like to play maxis premade sims and make the sims which have the hardest lives perfect.
    Unfortunately death is unavoidable, it is against my rules to save someone from death, use Elixir of life or quit without saving. :p
    I like to make happy families; I especially like to play maxis premade sims and make the sims which have the hardest lives perfect.
    Unfortunately death is unavoidable, it is against my rules to save someone from death, use Elixir of life or quit without saving. :p

That's cool. I just prefer to play with aging off, and try to save my Sims from death if possible. Only recently did I purposefully kill a Sim off, and I still am feeling guilty about it and that was MONTHS ago, if not nearly a year ago now. So, yeah, I use the Elixir, aging off, Save a Sim, whatever I can to keep them alive.