March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch affects groups

Comments

• CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    edited December 2016
    Ok so testing.....

I was able to make a new club of 6 members in the pre-existing save. I saved and exited, went back and didn't lose members.

However, does this look like a bar to you?

As you can see, they are supposed to meet at a bar. I clicked "start gathering" and the game took them to an empty house!

tumblr_ohiyb29A4X1vz82dto1_1280.png

tumblr_ohiyb29A4X1vz82dto2_1280.png

@SimGuruNick

@crinrict
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    @crinrict Starting a new club doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Here's a list of the bugs that I have observed:

1) After restarting the game or changing the lot, your group panel shows zero points. However, after starting a meeting or clicking in your group's settings, the points return.

2) In existing groups with more than 6 people, the number is reduced to 6 and the free places are locked.

3) In existing smaller groups, every new member will be evicted after restarting the game. Their places hoewever remain unlocked.

Bought advantages like "popular group", meeting places and outfits are not affected.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    @CarpeNoctemSims a bit off topic here... you got some handsome lads.. are they in the gallery? ;)
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Sounds really great ... and I liked that patch so much :(

Don't think it should be hard to replicate, which is always a good thing with bugs.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

pandie00 wrote: »
    @CarpeNoctemSims a bit off topic here... you got some handsome lads.. are they in the gallery? ;)

LOL, sorry. My sims are my babies and I'm so micro managing of them that I don't like having others control them.

However, the guy who is the leader of the "Boys in Blue" is the handsome Adam Hunter by @MDianaSanders and he is in the gallery.

I wanted to ask the same!! My sims wants unhappy marriage with Cortez :D .

1) After restarting the game or changing the lot, your group panel shows zero points. However, after starting a meeting or clicking in your group's settings, the points return.

2) In existing groups with more than 6 people, the number is reduced to 6 and the free places are locked.

3) In existing smaller groups, every new member will be evicted after restarting the game. Their places hoewever remain unlocked.

Bought advantages like "popular group", meeting places and outfits are not affected.

Oh, I didn't try it that way! I just added the full 6. What do you mean? You made a club of 4 and then saved so it was an "existing" club? Then went back and tried to add more then saved/exited. Went back and they were gone?
    edited December 2016

I wanted to ask the same!! My sims wants unhappy marriage with Cortez :D .

Cortez is my Police Chief and is happily married to the lead Secret Agent in my town. She gets into fights with the criminals wives at the cafe just to keep me entertained.

Oh, I didn't try it that way! I just added the full 6. What do you mean? You made a club of 4 and then saved so it was an "existing" club? Then went back and tried to add more then saved/exited. Went back and they were gone?

One of my Sims had a smaller group with 5 members and a free sixth place. I hired a sixth member, but he was gone after restarting. I didn't test this with a new group yet.
  • legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member
    I was so happy about the bug fixes in this patch and the new holiday content, but now I don't want to open the game to check them out because of this bug. I use the club system extensively in every save.
    A big thank you to everyone that warned about this bug or I would have played the game today and been super irked. I'm sorry y'all had to be guinea pigs for the rest of us though! I hope it's an easy fix that can happen quickly!
  • VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    I have the same problem :'( zero club points and club members are kicked out of the clubs.. I don't wanna play anymore :(
    legolizeit wrote: »
    I was so happy about the bug fixes in this patch and the new holiday content, but now I don't want to open the game to check them out because of this bug. I use the club system extensively in every save.
    A big thank you to everyone that warned about this bug or I would have played the game today and been super irked. I'm sorry y'all had to be guinea pigs for the rest of us though! I hope it's an easy fix that can happen quickly!

Thank you for the concern. The save that got messed up is a copy. I never put my only version of the save into the game for cases like this. Once it's fixed, I can just delete the TS4 folder and start over with a copy of the untouched save.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    OMG about the clubs, I don't think I can play any of my saves until it gets fixed. I've spent so much time setting up clubs. Thanks for the notice!

Thank you for the concern. The save that got messed up is a copy. I never put my only version of the save into the game for cases like this. Once it's fixed, I can just delete the TS4 folder and start over with a copy of the untouched save.

Since 16 years you have to be a software engineer to play the Sims. While waiting for the emergency patch we could go back to Sims 3 and search for some hidden trash spawners under the earth that flood your lot with rotten sofas. Or make the game recognize a graphics card that was built after 2006.

• legolizeitlegolizeit Posts: 51 Member

I've been playing Sims games for a decade and I still haven't learned my lesson. At least someone has!
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    All my created clubs are gone. Oh well. Let's wait for fixes. I'm glad it's being investigated.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    All my created clubs are gone. Oh well. Let's wait for fixes. I'm glad it's being investigated.

Just out of interest do we know who's investigating it?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited December 2016
    @BabySquare

SimGuruNick, I think it's the Engagement Team... who made this patch.

Oh! I see, thanks!
    I always wondered which of the gurus investigated when patches did things like this.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @BabySquare

Pretty sure patches aren't ever only made by one team. Anything that involves breakage would be investigated by QA (Quality Assurance), which is the department in charge of fixing broken stuff. (My husband is a QA guy.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Another patch that breaks the game. Great won't be able to play until its fixed (next month if even) and a new DLC is right around the corner. First the major lag break before and during City Living release now this before and most likely after Vintage Glamour whats going on?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    @BabySquare

Pretty sure patches aren't ever only made by one team. Anything that involves breakage would be investigated by QA (Quality Assurance), which is the department in charge of fixing broken stuff. (My husband is a QA guy.)

However I wonder how terrible and obvious bugs like this one (or the immortal nanny) can be overlooked. I'm not even a passionate user of the club system and noticed the mess after one minute.

I have the impression that the devs only check their fixes in the base game and have no time to test the interference with other packs. This makes many Sims packs unplayable after a short time - think for example of TS3 Ambitions where they never managed to fix the firefighter career.

• MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

I've been playing Sims games for a decade and I still haven't learned my lesson. At least someone has!

Make sure to keep auto update off. Than you can go offline in Origin and continue to play that way.

@BabySquare

However I wonder how terrible and obvious bugs like this one (or the immortal nanny) can be overlooked. I'm not even a passionate user of the club system and noticed the mess after one minute.

I have the impression that the devs only check their fixes in the base game and have no time to test the interference with other packs. This makes many Sims packs unplayable after a short time - think for example of TS3 Ambitions where they never managed to fix the firefighter career.

I don't use the club system: it's what it's done to MC command center that's got me wound up, that I emphasis with those who've made clubs.
    Mendota wrote: »

Make sure to keep auto update off. Than you can go offline in Origin and continue to play that way.

Just turned off automatic game update. Is that what you're referring to?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top