Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant forum maintenance?

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hello @xiPopTartzx
    Other simmers have been having the same issue with the site saying that it is under maintenance.
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Could you perhaps try to clear the browsers cache and see if that helps
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clearing-your-browsers-cache/
    Could you try using a different type of browser and see if that helps the issues? Try using a computer instead if you are using your phone to log in.

Edit : A moderator has included your post in a thread where other simmers are having similar issues.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • RilaeRilae Posts: 35 Member
    I'd been getting this constantly. Took about 10 tries to post a comment the other day. I looked at the other thread about there possibly being something off with the link and realized the "saved" address in my search bar was pulled from a google search. So I simply typed in thesims.com into my address bar, without clicking on any shortcut that popped up. Then I manually navigated to the forums under the "Community" tab. Haven't had a maintenance issue since (I've had about 30 refreshes, and probably 8 times out of 10 I had been getting a maintenance memo. I'm hoping it fixed it for me :)
  • coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    @rosemow Hm, alright, I'll see if that works. :) Thank you! I do use my computer to go on the forums, so I'll try another browser first.
    Also, thank you to whoever moved my post into a topic with the same problem. x
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I have this same issue and I did clear cache and cookies. Every time I click on a subforum or thread the maintenance popup appears, I have to hit refresh once and then it works. It's basically me pressing Ctrl+R constantly when navigating through the forum. I also tried typing in the address manually and that didn't do anything either. It's a tad bit annoying :neutral:
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited December 2016
    @rosemow Hm, alright, I'll see if that works. :) Thank you! I do use my computer to go on the forums, so I'll try another browser first.
    Also, thank you to whoever moved my post into a topic with the same problem. x

Hello
    I hope that it may help. I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Bump.

Still happening.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    I got this all the time I am not on a phone but on a computer .
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    Im going to bump this so more people can know about this.
    So..

Bump!
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    I have had this same problem for months now! On every device I use....
  • Pirate_QueenPirate_Queen Posts: 83 Member
    @Triplis Thank you!.

Following forums.thesims.com/ and logging back in instead of the forums.thesims.com/en_us/categories/the-sims-4-general google link as I normally do, seems to have completely fixed for me. Again thank you, never would have thought to do that and the page errors were beginning to make the forum unusable.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    @Triplis Thank you!.

Following forums.thesims.com/ and logging back in instead of the forums.thesims.com/en_us/categories/the-sims-4-general google link as I normally do, seems to have completely fixed for me. Again thank you, never would have thought to do that and the page errors were beginning to make the forum unusable.
    You're welcome. Glad it helped you!
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited January 2017
    It happens to me as well... Every single time I click on a new forum thread, sometimes even when I click on Post comment and my whole comment is gone afterwards... :(

image.prntscr.com/image/08f37db4a9cf451095a9ce33af44b71f.png This is how it looks all the time. I will try the manual approach of typing in sims.com and then navigate to the forum to see if it helps.

EDIT: so far so good, I clicked on a couple of threads and it did not come back up! Yes I did indeed go over Google when I logged in here the first time. Since then the problem persisted...
  • SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    I've been locked out of the forum for most of the day today!
  • Sparkling13121Sparkling13121 Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2017
    903f0f8db44809e25f7aa46ce02c6548.png
    Ok, this has been going on for weeks now, you guys can't possibly STILL be doing site maintenance, right? But every other page I load here I keep getting this error. I've cleared my cache, delete ALL my cookies and none of that has worked.
  • Pirate_QueenPirate_Queen Posts: 83 Member
    @SimplyEnchanted @Sparkling13121

Try Triplis' suggestion of navigating to the forum via forums.thesims.com/ and logging back in. I had been getting the maintenance screen pretty much everytime I clicked anything for weeks as well. Since logging in through that link instead of the usual one I use, I haven't had the maintenance screen once.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Forum maintenance keeps showing up everytime I click something and I have to refresh to get to the page I want.

It's very annoying.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    @simgurudrake omg please fix. This is driving me crazy
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    edited January 2017
    I know this is not the right board but I don't see anyone else talking about this and its been happening to me for the past two days and I already posted about it and got nothing.

Ive been getting a maintenance page everytime I click a thread and I have to refresh to get to the thread. It's driving me insane and obviously there is no current maintenance or I wouldn't be able to get on the forums at all.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited January 2017
    i've been getting it since i joined
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes yes yes! I have been getting them since before Christmas!
    Thanks for posting about this. I had considered doing it myself today and then life happened. Lol

Edit to say Sometimes I have to refresh the page multiple times, like up to 5 or more, before I get the page to load.
    Post edited by SparklePlumley on
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    It's been happening to me to for the past week or two! Very frustrating
  • authorflyauthorfly Posts: 18 New Member
    When will we get the forums running properly again?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I get it on the gallery page. I like to check my builds to see if they're being downloaded, but the gallery is almost always broken.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I get this all the time too , change from one subject to the next and the maintenance page comes up , try to submit what you responded , again with the M. page. Sometimes I just go away 'cus I get tired of everything taking so long because of it.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I'm getting the same notification as @Sparkling13121. I've received the same one constantly for about a week now on two different browsers and my phone, even after clearing my browsing history/cache, etc. But for me it just started occurring this last week.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻