Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kaufmans Build Newcrest (Generation III)

DotDebsDotDebs Posts: 163 Member
Hi All!

After a long hiatus, I returned to my game, but I lost all my data for The Newton Legacy. So I decided to start over with a completely new family. Plus, I got Get to Work, Dine Out, Romantic Garden, and Movie Hangout.

Enjoy!

Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge by SimplyVanillaSims
Icons by TheSimKid
Post edited by DotDebs on

Comments

• DotDebsDotDebs Posts: 163 Member
    edited December 2016
    MEET THE KAUFMANS

GENERATION I
    Shoshana_YA_A_E.gif + Jarrod_A_E.gif
    | |
    Theresa_C_T_YA.gifRose_C_T_YA.gifAmy_Heir.gif

GENERATION II
    Amy_C_T_YA_A.gif + Forrest_A_E.gif
    | |
    Gwen_C_T_YA.gifBrielle_C_T_YA.gifSawyer_C_T_YA.gifEsther_C_T.gif

GENERATION III
    Gwen_Heir.gif + Travis_Ray.gif
    | |
    Morgan Amanda_C.gifLily_C.gif

edited December 2016
    GENERATIONS

Generation I: Hungry Herbalist - Shoshana Kaufman
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7
    Episode 8
    Episode 9
    Episode 10
    Episode 11
    Episode 12
    Episode 13
    Episode 14
    Episode 15
    VOTE FOR THE HEIR

Generation II: Family Friendly - Amy Kaufman
    Heir Reveal & Lots
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6
    Episode 7
    Episode 8
    Episode 9
    Episode 10
    Episode 11
    VOTE FOR THE HEIR

Generation III: Bestselling Writer - Gwendolyn Kaufman
    Episode 1
    Generation I, Episode 1

11_22_16_11_35_47_AM.png
    Well, here we go. A quaint little home to start a legacy. Link to the gallery to add this house to your game.

11_22_16_12_23_21_PM.png
    Shoshana: "Hello! I'm Shoshana! I am so excited to begin this incredible journey. One might call it life-changing. Anyways, I am an aspiring Freelance Botanist who is cheerful, family-oriented, and loves the outdoors. Wow this sounds like a dating website. This isn't one is it? 'Cause if it is I am single and seeking any man. Any man!"

11_22_16_11_36_06_AM.png
    Okay Shoshana, we get it. Let's get your aspiration started already. You have to build a park at the completion of your generation. So get gardening!

11_22_16_12_27_09_PM.png
    Shoshana: "Why do I need a job when I can have my future soulmate work?"
    Oh Shoshana, just because you are sitting in retro diner furniture does not mean we are in the 1950s. Besides, you don't need a husband just yet. And don't you want some money to buy some cool new stuff from the new packs I just bought. Seriously so happy I upgraded my game!
    Shoshana: "Are you done?"
    Yes. Sorry. You will be joining the wonderful Culinary branch! Go ahead and try cooking breakfast tomorrow morning.

11_22_16_12_48_56_PM.png
    Shoshana: "Make a simple mac and cheese. Skill one. Should be simple, right?"
    Um Shoshana!
    Shoshana: "What?"
    There's a fire!

11_22_16_12_49_08_PM.png
    Shoshana: "Ahhhhhh! Get it off me! Get it off me!"

11_22_16_12_49_17_PM.png
    Shoshana: "This is why I shouldn't have a job!"
    edited November 2016
    Generation I, Episode 2

11_22_16_4_38_56_PM.png
    Here’s another picture of the front of the house. I am in love with the Romantic Garden pack. So beautiful!

11_22_16_2_54_57_PM.png
    “Oh hello there! This is my new friend Jarrod Burk. Remember how I thought this was a dating site, well no need for that now. I mean we just met but I have a feeling.”
    Yeah I have feelings too. About chopping off those mutton chops.

11_22_16_2_58_27_PM.png
    While Shoshana is busy getting to know Jarrod, I wanted to share the lovely little living room couch and photo collection wall. One of the many things I love about get to work is this feature. Before, I would have a sim paint each family member. Now click, click. All done!

11_22_16_3_48_07_PM.png
    Shoshana, have you gotten better at cooking? ‘Cause you look like you’ve been eating more.
    “I’m pregnant, you jerk! And no, I’m still a terrible chef.”
    Well your garden looks nice...
  • WhatsHisHandleWhatsHisHandle Posts: 75 Member
    Shoshana is too cute!! I love her perky disposition, and I think that Jarrod's in for a bit of a ride! Interested to see what direction she'll go with her future.
    Shoshana is too cute!! I love her perky disposition, and I think that Jarrod's in for a bit of a ride! Interested to see what direction she'll go with her future.

@WhatsHisHandle : Thank you! I don't know why but when I started writing, she became super sassy.
  • WhatsHisHandleWhatsHisHandle Posts: 75 Member
    dtl316 wrote: »
    @WhatsHisHandle : Thank you! I don't know why but when I started writing, she became super sassy.

@dtl316 So welcome! Ahh, I love when characters develop their own personalities as they come to life in their world. Some of the funnest, most hilarious and most unexpected things can happen, hehe. I love her sass!
    edited November 2016
    Generation I, Episode 3

11_22_16_3_57_31_PM.png
    Shoshana: “Okay today’s the day I tell Jarrod the news. I hope my morning sickness won’t kick in on our date. This restaurant looks super fancy.”

11_22_16_3_57_49_PM.png
    Shoshana: “Do you think he’ll notice that I’m pregnant”
    Are you kidding? You’re barely showing...

11_22_16_4_00_49_PM.png
    Shoshana: “Oh Jarrod, you are so funny! I love jokes about ducks! Speaking of, I’m pregnant.”
    What do ducks have to do with you being pregnant?
    Shoshana: “Shh, I panicked!"

11_22_16_4_03_10_PM.png
    Well looks like Jarrod is thrilled and this atmosphere is proving to be an ultra flirty location.

11_22_16_4_05_22_PM.png
    Shoshana: "Are you having your soufflé? Because you haven’t touched it and mine was so good."
    Before Jarrod could answer, Shoshana grabbed the plate and gobbled up his dessert.

11_22_16_4_05_27_PM.png
    Shoshana: "I’m just so happy. I’m pregnant, have a handsome and awesome boyfriend who gives me his soufflé. Can we have a picture together"

11_22_16_4_05_55_PM.png
    One fantastic date for a great couple. Gold stars!

11_22_16_4_13_35_PM.png
    Shoshana: "So I’ll see you around? Maybe you could be there at the hospital for the baby!”
    Jarrod smiled and nodded.
    edited November 2016
    Generation I, Episode 4

11_22_16_4_22_06_PM.png
    Shoshana: “I just watched a movie about a dog who got lost and then OW!”
    The dog got hurt?
    Shoshana: “No! OWW!”
    The dog was named Ow?

11_22_16_4_23_32_PM.png
    Shoshana finally explained that she was in labor and we rushed to the hospital. Jarrod kept his promise and showed up.

11_22_16_4_23_52_PM.png
    However the panic set in and a second after I snapped this picture, Jarrod disappeared.

11_22_16_4_24_23_PM.png
    Receptionist: "Last name?"
    Shoshana: “Kaufman"
    Receptionist: "The sick waiting room is over to my right. Please keep your germs away from expectant mothers."
    Shoshana: “I’m about to have my baby right here!”
    Receptionist: "Let me check if there are any appointments available this week."

11_22_16_4_26_17_PM.png
    Finally, Shoshana was led to the hospital room and gave birth to a baby girl.
    Shoshana: “Oh my she is beautiful! I’m naming her Theresa Kaufman"

11_22_16_4_28_56_PM.png
    Theresa is a beautiful little baby!

11_22_16_4_31_45_PM.png
    Shoshana is an excellent mother. It also helps that Theresa is an excellent baby. The house is calm and happy.

11_22_16_4_36_58_PM.png
    Shoshana: “I just had a baby and I’m crazy!”
    Scratch that, the house is happy.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Yay for another Build Newcrest challenger! Your founder is very pretty!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Thank you @Maladi777 ! I'm so excited to have gotten back to this challenge.
    Generation I, Episode 5

11_22_16_4_42_24_PM.png
    Since Jarrod vanished from the hospital before Theresa was born, Shoshana invited him to meet his daughter.

11_22_16_4_45_20_PM.png
    Shoshana: “Isn’t he just the best father in the world? I have to take a picture!"

11_22_16_5_31_20_PM.png
    Jarrod Burk is an aspiring collector who is gloomy, a glutton, and a goofball. He was unemployed, so Shoshana forced him to get a job when he moved in. Jarrod chose the detective branch. Something tells me Shoshana chose for him.

11_22_16_5_24_34_PM.png
    Theresa grew up into a gorgeous child. She looks just like a mini Shoshana. Theresa rolled the Whiz Kid aspiration and the glutton trait. Seriously Jarrod? You just had to be a glutton didn’t you?!

11_22_16_5_44_57_PM.png
    Look how adorable Theresa is! She finishes her homework and keeps her mom company while she is gardening.
    Generation I, Episode 6

11_22_16_6_16_26_PM.png
    Theresa: "Daddy?"
    Jarrod: “Yes, Tessa?"
    Theresa: “Are you are real police officer? Because my friend Minkz says you just walk around Magnolia Promenade on a Segway and hand out citations for jaywalking.”
    Jarrod: “First of all, jaywalking is a serious crime, and secondly, I just got a promotion so no more Segway!”
    Theresa: “…so Minkz was right?"

11_22_16_6_42_12_PM.png
    Shoshana spent all her free time gardening. Perfecting her garden was proving difficult and took time away from her family. Being family-oriented, it took a toll on her spirit.

11_22_16_6_46_09_PM.png
    Jarrod aged up to an elder. I guess I should have made sure Shoshana chose a young adult spouse, but as they say it’s old news. Get it? Because Jarrod’s old? Jarrod seems to find it funny!
    Jarrod: “What did you say?”
    See?

11_22_16_6_52_48_PM.png
    Shoshana wanted her life captured in photographs, so Jarrod posed in his officer uniform.

11_22_16_7_02_48_PM.png
    Theresa loved her quirky outfit. Then went back to playing chess right after.

11_22_16_7_05_51_PM.png
    And Shoshana was feeling fun and flirty while pregnant. That's right, Shoshana is pregnant again!
    Generation I, Episode 7

11_22_16_7_57_23_PM.png
    Twins! Welcome Rose and Amy Kaufman! These two girls are handfuls! Shoshana and Jarrod have to hire nannies to handle all their other responsibilities. Theresa’s excited to be a big sister. She’s always telling them about her day at school and how they will play together when they get older.

11_22_16_7_44_00_PM_2.png
    Shoshana aged up into an adult and gave herself a more mature looking makeover. All the time in the garden, she needed her hair out of her way.

Screen_Shot_2016_11_23_at_12_58_20_PM.png
    Theresa successfully completed her Whiz Kid aspiration making her mentally gifted. This smart cookie’s a straight A student. Her parents are so proud of their eldest daughter.
    Generation I, Episode 8

Amy_C.gifRose_C.png
    Amy aged up to a social butterfly aspiration and the goofball trait. Rose aged up to a rambunctious scamp aspiration and the slob trait. I can tell these two will be a handful.

11_22_16_8_23_26_PM.png
    Rose was not happy that she had to share her birthday with her sister. Their sibling rivalry was only slightly curbed by their deep friendship.

11_22_16_8_26_28_PM.png
    Rose: “I want to be in the front!”
    Amy: “I’m taking the picture Rosey, so I have to be in front.”
    Rose: “Fine, but next time I get to hold the camera.”
    Amy: “Say ‘Legacy’!”
    Generation I, Episode 9

11_23_16_10_39_35_AM.png
    It was finally a Saturday night, and Shoshana did not have work for two days. Time to go to Villa Bovine and dress up.
    Shoshana: “Eep! I’m so excited to eat food that I didn’t prepare. Having to constantly cook for your job and family is exhausting.”
    Amy: “My sister is finishing her extra credit at the bar, but I’ll have her slice of cake now if you could bring it.”
    Rose: “We’re having cake too?”
    Jarrod: “Girls, stop causing trouble to our kind waitress. No cake, this meal is expensive as it is.”
    Shoshana: “Did someone order cake? Ooh! I’ll have a strawberry slice. No, wait, chocolate!"

11_23_16_10_48_13_AM.png
    Shoshana: “Oooh, this drink is as lovely as it tastes and as delicious as it looks!”
    Theresa: “Hello chicken, I can’t wait to eat you!”
    Rose: “Mommy, Daddy fell asleep again. Can we eat now?"

11_23_16_10_29_11_AM.png
    As you can see, the family gallery capturing all of the family members has gotten quite out-of-hand. I had to start filling up another wall. I love how close all the girls are to Jarrod. I needed to make sure he was around to see them all as teens, so I gave him the potion of youth once his time was closing in.
    edited November 2016
    Generation I, Episode 10

Theresa_C_T.gif
    Theresa grew up into a teen and rolled the bodybuilder aspiration and the good trait.

11_23_16_4_15_41_PM.png
    Being mentally gifted, Theresa was still determined to be a straight A student. Her younger sisters, however, preferred watching tv and inviting over friends from school. Minkz had been Theresa’s friend since her first day of school. He’s probably at the Kaufman’s home more than his own.
    Jarrod: “I love grilled cheese!”
    Oh Jarrod, I know.

11_23_16_4_40_30_PM.png
    Someone’s happy doing their homework.
    Theresa: “I already finished my homework; this is extra credit.”
    …Someone’s happy doing their extra credit work.

11_23_16_4_49_45_PM.png
    Amy: “And then the evil witch snuck towards the princess and started saying her spell, but before anything-“
    Rose: “The prince arrived on horse back and then killed the witch and kissed the princess and they lived happily ever after the end!”
    Jarrod: “Woah, I never would have guessed that."

11_23_16_5_04_49_PM.png
    Rose and Amy had to take a selfie before their birthday. I just don’t know why they took one in the bathroom.
    Generation I, Episode 11

Amy_C_T.gifRose_C_T.gif
    The twins aged up into teenagers. Amy rolled the loves outdoors trait and the Chief of Mischief aspiration. Rose rolled the loner trait and the Soulmate aspiration.

11_23_16_8_14_50_PM.png
    Jarrod: “So how was school, sweetheart?”
    Amy: “Well, the teacher told us to do some reading while she left, but I finished my homework instead.”
    Jarrod: “Maybe you can read over the pages she—“
    Rose: “Can you both stop talking?! It’s the season finale of the bachelor and I need to find out who he marries!"

11_23_16_8_15_42_PM.png
    Amy: “I just don’t get this show.”
    Rose: “It’s the perfect man finding his perfect soulmate. What’s not to get?”
    Jarrod: “Shh, it’s back on!"

11_23_16_8_19_09_PM.png
    Of course the twins had to take a selfie to commemorate their teenage…age.

11_23_16_9_05_16_PM.png
    Shoshana: “I have a brilliantly evil plan!"

11_23_16_9_05_32_PM.png
    Shoshana: “BUBBLES!”

11_23_16_9_06_54_PM.png
    Wow Shoshana, your garden has grown!
    Shoshana: “Shh, must tend garden. Must tend garden.”
    …Okay, I’ll leave you to it…
    Generation I, Episode 12

11_23_16_8_15_48_PM.png
    The twins have the best facial expressions. They are so sassy to each other. I was getting nervous that I wouldn’t have enough photos for this generation, but once these girls aged up to teens, I couldn’t stop taking pictures.

11_23_16_8_15_58_PM.png
    Amy: “I can’t look! I can’t look! Why did you choose a scary movie?"
    Rose: “Are you taking another photo of us?
    Amy: “Who are you talking to?"

11_23_16_9_17_02_PM.png
    While Jarrod helps Rose with her homework--

11_23_16_9_17_23_PM.png
    Amy and Theresa work on their homework in the bathroom. Both are distracted however.
    Amy: “And then he asked, ‘Is someone sitting here?’ and I just looked into his deep brown eyes and said, ‘No.’”
    Theresa: “Ugh, this lesson is so boring!"

11_23_16_9_17_27_PM.png
    Theresa: “Look, the book is talking! ‘Blah, blah, blah’”

11_23_16_9_20_56_PM.png
    The next morning, Jarrod felt weak and fell to the floor.

11_23_16_9_21_42_PM.png
    His daughters rushed to his frail and limp body, while Shoshana obliviously ate potato chips.
    Shoshana: “Why are you all sad? Jarrod, want a chip?"

11_23_16_9_22_39_PM.png
    Finally, Shoshana caught on to the event and pleaded for her husbands life.
    Shoshana: “I swear I won’t eat junk food ever again!"

11_23_16_9_23_13_PM.png
    Suddenly, Jarrod’s heart began to beat again and he was given a second chance.
    Amy: “Yay Dad!”
    Rose: “Dad, oh my gosh you almost gave me a heart attack.”
    Jarrod: “I wonder if there are any potato chips in the fridge."
    Generation I, Episode 13

11_23_16_10_06_34_PM.png
    Minkz came by the house after school and was blocking the television for Rose. As you can see, Rose doesn’t like anyone messing with her tv time.

11_23_16_10_09_21_PM.png
    Some of the family members still thought Jarrod had died. It took a couple days and some playing in the fountain to bounce back from the close call.

11_23_16_10_09_25_PM.png
    What are you looking at Theresa?

11_23_16_10_17_35_PM.png
    Shoshana was about to age up to elder, so she drank the potion of youth. I think it’s dawning on her that she will outlive Jarrod. Poor Shoshana!

11_23_16_10_24_19_PM.png
    Luckily, she put her focus into her gardening. Got to fulfill that aspiration!

11_23_16_10_30_04_PM.png
    All the time Minkz spent at the Kaufman residence led to Rose developing a crush on him. They spent hours playing in the fountain.

Theresa_C_T_YA.gif
    It was Theresa’s time to age up into a young adult. She rolled the family-oriented trait.
    Generation I, Episode 14

11_23_16_10_49_06_PM.png
    The moment had come again, Jarrod passed away. This time for good.

11_23_16_10_49_33_PM.png
    The girls gathered around. Theresa, who inherited her father’s glutton trait, couldn’t even eat her lunch.

11_23_16_10_56_21_PM.png
    To brighten Rose’s day, Minkz invited her on a date to Villa Bovine. It took quite awhile for Rose to begin feeling happy again.

11_23_16_10_57_42_PM.png
    At the end of the perfect date, Rose and Minkz shared their first kiss.

11_23_16_11_03_06_PM.png
    Theresa took her dad’s death the hardest. Every spare moment was spent mourning his loss.

11_23_16_11_04_52_PM.png
    Theresa, maybe you should call the sadness hotline.

11_23_16_11_07_21_PM.png
    Theresa! Not on the toilet! …Well, at least you’re not crying anymore. Maybe you should try meeting some men.

11_23_16_11_08_10_PM.png
    Hey, he looks like a potential husband.
    Theresa: “But Samson’s noncommittal."
    Well at least you’re trying.

11_27_16_8_00_23_AM.png
    Oh hey, who’s this guy?
    Theresa: “That’s Samson”
    No not him, the adorable on with the oversized suit.
    Theresa: “Oh, that’s Wendell Chavez. He’s cute, right?"

11_23_16_10_53_49_PM.png
    BONUS: Eliza and Bob Pancakes brought their son to Villa Bovine.
    edited November 2016
    Generation I, Episode 15

11_27_16_8_02_34_AM.png
    Amy: “Mom, can you get home from work soon? I’m not feeling well."

11_27_16_8_21_39_AM.png
    Theresa decided she wanted to help others and joined the doctor career.

11_27_16_8_24_31_AM.png
    I just loved Theresa’s face!

11_27_16_8_50_05_AM.png
    The twins birthday arrived.

Amy_C_T_YA.gifRose_C_T_YA.gif
    Amy rolled the glutton trait and Rose rolled the insane trait.

Screen_Shot_2016_11_27_at_9_02_32_AM.png
    With Shoshana’s cowplant grown, the generation aspiration was complete.

Now it’s your turn to decide who will continue the legacy.

Will it be Theresa: the gluttonous, family-oriented, good daughter?
    Will it be Amy: the goofball, outdoor-lover, gluttonous daughter?
    Will it be Rose: the slobbish, lonely, insane daughter?
    VOTE FOR THE HEIR
    Voting closes November 30th.
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Voted.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    @Maladi777 thank you so much! :)
    edited November 2016
    GENERATION LOT

The Kaufman Family Park

DOWNLOAD ON THE GALLERY
    • Get to Work
    • Romantic Garden
    • Movie Hangout
    • Dine Out

11_29_16_12_36_52_PM.png
    Featuring a beautiful bench fountain that sims can play in, nap on, or sit and enjoy the fresh air.
    11_29_16_12_37_11_PM.png
    A wishing well to grant their heart's desires.
    11_29_16_12_38_00_PM.png
    A children's playground complete with a pirate ship and oversized castle and surrounding pool.
    11_29_16_12_38_08_PM.png
    An outdoor movie theatre with a grill to enjoy a night out with the family and watch on a big screen.
    11_29_16_12_38_24_PM.png
    A rooftop garden filled with plants. *Not accessible for sims*
    11_29_16_12_38_43_PM.png
    An outdoor bar for a wedding party.
    11_29_16_12_39_36_PM.png
    A cowplant. Just remember to feed it!
    11_29_16_12_40_05_PM.png
    A wedding arch. (I used MOO to put a wedding arch under the decorative arch. There's a little hint of the flowers poking out through the middle to click on for the wedding interations)
    11_29_16_12_40_38_PM.png
    A dining area for parties.
    11_29_16_12_40_57_PM.png
    A fully stocked kitchen.
    11_29_16_12_41_02_PM.png
    Bathrooms
    11_29_16_12_41_15_PM.png
    Here's the topview of the kitchen and bathrooms.
    11_29_16_12_41_21_PM.png
    Topview of the wedding hall.
    11_29_16_12_42_23_PM.png
    View of movie area with lanterned tree.
    11_29_16_12_42_51_PM.png
    Another view on the rooftop looking down on the castle.
    11_29_16_12_44_05_PM.png
    And of course the founding spouse's grave, Jarrod Burk. Maybe his ghost will water the perfect plants scattered around the park.
    Don't forget to vote for the Generation I Heir! Voting ends tomorrow, Wednesday, November 30th.

VOTE NOW