Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Join Bands

Hello,
Would uh, anyone know how it is exactly to ask people to JOIN a band?
Right so I was able to START one, my sim is level 6 in piano. She asked another to form a band, which worked.
Now she's self registered as a...Banner? (Aka band member)
However, I can't seem to ask any other's to join. I read that it could be because they have a job, but it can't be because not only does almost every sim have one, but the other member in the band also does.
And I've been asking sims whom I see playing an instrument at a park, which probably means they already have at least one skill, right?

-I have also made sure that they are older than teens.
-They aren't higher ranked celebrities
- I asked sims that were playing instruments that weren't either piano or drums (Since that is what the band already has)
- Also tried making friends with first.

Any ideas :#
Thanks!
23rif7.gif

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    I have read that there are only 2 things you need: 1) the other sim needs to have at least one skill point in a musical instrument and 2) you need to be within 1 celebrity level of the sim you are asking.

Are you sure the sims you are asking actually have a skill point in an instrument? Just because they are playing something does not mean they have got their level 1 point yet.
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited November 2016
    @elanorbreton
    Ooh yeah, I thought so. Okay. Thanks! I'll let you know!
    23rif7.gif
    @elanorbreton
    Hmmm...
    This lady doesn't have celebrity level (And my Sim does), and I recorded a video to see whether you agree that she might be skilled enough. (Well, she doesn't sound any less than level 1 at all!. She also works in the Music industry)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3b9BpT_jMM&feature=youtu.be
    There's no option for band though. Strangeness!
    23rif7.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Have you tried switching to a household to make sure they have the level and then switching back to ask them? Other than that, I'm afraid I don't know. Maybe post in the help section?
    Oooh good idea! I'll give it a try.
    23rif7.gif
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited November 2016
    How many stars does your sim have?

I found a response from @igazor in this thread that suggests you may not be able to ask sims more than one star lower than you to join your band:
    You can use NRaas MasterController to force another sim into your sim's band.

But I'm more concerned about all the friendly social interactions missing and what might be blocking them. Is your sim or are the others around them a celebrity? If so, the higher ranked celeb must be the one who asks and the one being asked must not be (I think) more than one star level beneath them.

If that's not it at all, perhaps try removing everything from your sim's personal inventory to see if the usual everyday friendly socials return.

Perhaps your sim is too famous?
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've made some suggestions by way of PM here when the OP reached out, although others on this thread were leading them in the right direction. Since they are already using NRaas mods, I've suggested using MasterController (MC Cheats required) to check on the band instrument skill and celebrity level of the inactive sims as compared to theirs.

Sounds like they also hadn't tried getting the inactive into a chain of social interactions until Sim A thinks Sim B is OK, Sociable, Friendly. Not sure how far such a chat has to go, but am pretty sure it's high up there. They could also use MC to force an inactive into their band without the social interactions, provided the other requirements are met.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited November 2016
    Thanks @GreenCats for the help!
    That would make sense, but my sim is only level 1 celeb :#

Edit:
    Sorry to bother you yet again @igazor ,
    I found this Sim; They are friends, he star level 1 (And my sim is star level 2), and here it says that he has a level 4 skill in guitar.
    At the top of the list. I hope it can be seen!
    cZEy5a5.jpg
    The option isn't to be seen though

Do you think it could perhaps be because she registered as self employed? Hmm
    Post edited by AuzzPanda on
    23rif7.gif
    Hmm, there is still no option. I'll try and get her to quit self-employment. See if it works
    23rif7.gif
    Ah, there still is no option. Maybe my game bugged out for good. Hmm...
    23rif7.gif
    edited November 2016
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    Ah, there still is no option. Maybe my game bugged out for good. Hmm...

Presumably with the two sims on the same lot as each other, not sure if this is necessary though, clicking on the sim who is already part of a band.

NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Basic > Band > Add Band Member.

Still no good?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited December 2016
    @igazor
    Oh thanks I'll try that :)

Edit: Okay, just to be sure, does the other sims Skill Level have to be on 0 or 1 when looking at it through Master Controller?
    And do you propose that's just how I add everyone (With the required skills)?
    Post edited by AuzzPanda on
    23rif7.gif
    I formed a band (With Nraas) But making sure everyone had the required skills. In total there are 4, however there aren't any gigs..
    Are they really rare? Hmm
    23rif7.gif
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    I formed a band (With Nraas) But making sure everyone had the required skills. In total there are 4, however there aren't any gigs..
    Are they really rare? Hmm
    They are. Might this mod be helpful?
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=532058
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor
    Oh-HO, that IS awesome. Hehehehe, don't mind if I do. Thank you!
    Gigs are such an awesome idea. I really don't know why EA didn't make them a little bit less rare.
    23rif7.gif