Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TONS of new club activities!!! Yay!

2...Next

Comments

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I am back from experimenting with the club mod and I don't know if it is just my game but it doesn't seem to work well. My club members seem to just to stand around more. I gave Bubble Blower activity and they don't autonomously use it. It just seems real buggy. Perhaps another one of my mods is conflicting? Is anyone having luck with the new club activities?

Unfortunately, on the tumblr page, it states that some of the club activities have autonomy turned off. So you'd have to get a mod the makes each activity autonomous, of tell your sims to do it (which kinda defeats the purpose of making a club). :confused:

It's a nice idea, but should have autonomy turned on for the club activities if used.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm very happy you see this. I was miffed that bubble blowing wasn't a club activity. Sims barely use it and I find it useless to have on venues when no one uses it. Now I can set it as a club rule anf get sims to use it. Wish they had added a single karaoke option though. I know that there is already a single option but I don't want my sims to sing randomly I want them to just use the karaoke machine.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Kinda upset this was a mod. :disappointed:
    be56c71cda4074a90aeb24444f281e5fa1add191eb5927a74d9607064748c148.jpg

What is wrong with trying mods? I could not enjoy ANY Sims game without mods since Sims 2. They are part of what makes the experience fun. They are not harmful and will open a whole world of possibilities and customization if you try them out! :)

Cuz with every patch some mod is probably going to get outdated and cause problems when you open your game, and it's just too troublesome for me, so I don't bother.

This is why I didn't download the mod. I just stick with the UI, MC Command Center, food freshness, camera and ones that fix glitches. After the Dec patch last year and playing the find the broken mod game was just WAY too much.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Maybe I spoke too soon. It seems my sims were *sometimes* autonomously using the bubble blower. Also using the pumpkin carving station does not seem to work. They only just stare at the jack O lanterns that are already made which is kinda funny.
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I think your title was misleading. I thought maybe some new activities were added to clubs in the last patch or something. Very disappointed to find you were speaking of a mod.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    That's pretty cool but her other mods have my jaw hitting the floor. A real prom for teens and sleepovers for kids? Yes please!

That is from a different modder. However, I tried the sleepover party for the first time yesterday and it worked great. Definitely added a bit more depth and fun to the game. Not a fan of goals, but these weren't too bad. My only gripe, and maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, you have to make 3 sims watch the kids network and I didn't have an option to ask to join. I completed it by using the parents, but I would have preferred it be the kids.

As for this mod...goes looking for autonomy mod.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited November 2016
    Maybe I spoke too soon. It seems my sims were *sometimes* autonomously using the bubble blower. Also using the pumpkin carving station does not seem to work. They only just stare at the jack O lanterns that are already made which is kinda funny.

There is no pumpkin carving with the mod made by Rex. If you want that you'll have to get that with the mod ice made http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=584001 . Rex just decided not to add the same activities that ice already made. The two mods work fine with each other.
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I am back from experimenting with the club mod and I don't know if it is just my game but it doesn't seem to work well. My club members seem to just to stand around more. I gave Bubble Blower activity and they don't autonomously use it. It just seems real buggy. Perhaps another one of my mods is conflicting? Is anyone having luck with the new club activities?

Unfortunately, on the tumblr page, it states that some of the club activities have autonomy turned off. So you'd have to get a mod the makes each activity autonomous, of tell your sims to do it (which kinda defeats the purpose of making a club). :confused:

It's a nice idea, but should have autonomy turned on for the club activities if used.

Rex couldn't do that with this mod because that's how EA made them. It is an entirely separate thing and if they are autonomously enabled that means even outside of clubs they would be due to the way its coded. My only wish is that Rex was more clear on which ones wouldn't work autonomously so I can decide if its worth finding a mod to turn them on for autonomous use or not.
  • simerizersimerizer Posts: 38 Member
    This mod is EPIC. It is so much more enjoyable to see those AI working their magic and create so much more activities and dramas.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Necro thread.