Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fixer Upper: Design | Renovate | Create [CLOSED]

aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
edited February 2017 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
I'm a HUGE lover of design and makeover tv shows (Love It or List It, House Hunters, The Property Brothers etc) and in the past, I've really enjoyed the contests of GG that have had this theme, so I thought why not host a contest where you can
FIX UP - DESIGN | RENOVATE | CREATE!

MASSIVE THANK YOU to @Kaliko103 for these fantabulous banners!

bannercircleblack_zpscwwbaiqj.jpg

Calling ALL SIMMERS! I've got a makeover challenge for you. This contest will be broken down into three sections - CAS, DESIGN renovation, and FULL renovation. You can enter one section or all three sections if you are so inclined. The renovation sections need to make sure that they take into account the information on the Sim section as that is who you'll be renovating the house for.

Your Sim is in search of a new home, but doesn't have the funds to buy a move-in ready home, so a fixer-upper is a must. They've narrowed it down to two properties that they think could work within their budget while getting their MUST HAVES and maybe some of their WANTS too.

The Properties (Found in Sunset Valley):
The Monotone (Furnished - §16,230 | Unfurnished - §12,545)
Pre-fabulous (Furnished - §12,675 | Unfurnished - §10,003)

The Total Budget:
§48,500

Intrigued? Keep reading to find out what each section is all about!

cas_zps3tmjtdxi.jpg

Enter CAS, randomise twice and then makeover your Sim according to the follow:

From a young age, your Sim has had two dreams - to be a Professional Author OR a World-Renowned Surgeon, but has a zodiac sign that makes them constantly change their mind, making it difficult to choose a solid career path. Your Sim is quite a smart, quirky little thing that loves to cook and when not in the kitchen, can be found curled up somewhere cosy with the latest romance or science-fiction novel listening to soothing tunes. They do love any shade of green and aren't adverse to oranges or reds, generally preferring bright colors and warm tones to cool ones, but prefer to enjoy and view nature from the inside instead of being out in the elements.

Please make sure to include BEFORE and AFTER pictures of your Sim in the entry form and don't forget to add their biography IN GAME!

design_zpsgcteqlaz.jpg

So your Sim has some idea of who they are and what they want to do with their life. Now what they need is a house to reflect them and their MUST HAVES and NEEDS.

For this portion of the renovation, you may ONLY change the aesthetics of the home - no moving or adding walls, changing the roof (however, you can change the color), etc - or anything that would completely alter how the house looks as it stands now. However, you may reconfigure the rooms (for example, the kitchen can become the bedroom or the living room can become the kitchen). You may also change out windows and doors as long as they remain the same size (i.e. a one tile window has to be switch for another 1 tile window). You may also exchange the doors for arches as long as it remains the same size (1 tile door = 1 tile arch). Interior fences can be removed or if you'd like to keep them, they can be changed out for half walls.

Please make sure to include BEFORE and AFTER pictures in your entry form. If you would like to make the BEFORE a little bit more run-down, this will count toward your presentation points.

MUST HAVE:
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- A shade of green used somewhere in the renovation

WANTS:
- A high-end kitchen
- Bring the outdoors in
- A cosy space for reading
- An area/space to reflect their chosen career (hint: think of the traits that may coincide with their chosen career)
- Clutter (your Sim wants a home that feels cosy)
- A fireplace
- A comfy bed

Total Budget: §48,500

full_zps6mxwft3t.jpg

So your Sim has some idea of who they are and what they want to do with their life. Now what they need is a house to reflect them and their MUST HAVES and NEEDS.

This is a FULL renovation, you may add walls (rooms), change the roof, add windows, doors, etc. However, from the birds eye view, I must be able to see the original footprint, so no taking away exterior walls or anything that would alter the original footprint.

Please make sure to include BEFORE and AFTER pictures in your entry form. If you would like to make the BEFORE a little bit more run-down, this will count toward your presentation points.

MUST HAVE:
- 1 bedroom
- 1 bathroom
- A shade of green used somewhere in the renovation

WANTS:
- A high-end kitchen
- Bring the outdoors in
- A cosy space for reading
- An area/space to reflect their chosen career (hint: think of the traits that may coincide with their chosen career)
- Clutter (your Sim wants a home that feels cosy)
- A fireplace
- A comfy bed

Total Budget: §48,500 (keep an eye on this because walls are EXPENSIVE)

deadline_zpsgfojdhhu.jpg

SATURDAY JANUARY 21st 2017 at 12pm GMT Check Your Time Zone
Post edited by aricarai on

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited November 2016
    *You must enter a description in Edit Town Mode before you upload*

rules_zpswju5hfmz.jpg

1. No CC, CAP, or Mods
    2. Please name your lots in game and edit the description before uploading
    - Please add your biography for your Sim in game
    3. You must choose either The Monotone or Pre-fabulous
    4. Entry must not have won or placed in a previous contest and cannot be entered in a current contest
    5. All EPs, SPs, and store content may be used
    6. One entry per person in each category is allowed
    7. Please do not quote pictures as this could break the thread
    8. Please use the appropriate entry form provided
    9. Screenshots are required (BEFORE and AFTER)
    10. Commonly used building cheats such as buydebug and moveobjects on are allowed
    11. HAVE FUN, BE CREATIVE

entry_zpsln5go59v.jpg

Sim Entry Form

Name/Link to Your Page:
    Sim's Name:
    Link to Sim (Can be uploaded as a household):
    Sim's Traits:
    Biography/Backstory:
    Pictures (5 maximum in this thread - 1 must be a BEFORE):
    Slideshow/Separate Thread Link:
    Additional Information:

Design & Full Renovation Entry Form

Name/Link to Your Page:
    Design or Full Renovation:
    Lot name:
    Link to Your Lot:
    Final Price:
    Description:
    How Lot Reflects Your Sim:
    Pictures (5 maximum in this thread - 1 must be a BEFORE):
    Slideshow/Separate Thread Link:
    Additional Information:

edited January 2017
    Judges and Sponsors are always welcome, but definitely not required!

judges_zpski14lees.jpg

Custard Checker

LadyEmillye

Judges

aricarai
    LadyEmillye
    illusie

Judging Criteria

Create-A-Sim

*You must include your description and Sim name in your upload and in game*

5 points - Every Day
    5 points - Formal
    5 points - Sleepwear
    5 points - Athletic
    5 points - Swimwear
    5 points - Outerwear
    * Your chosen outfits must reflect the description of the Sim as outlined under the Create-A-Sim banner* (hint: there's lots of buzz words in there)
    30 points - Biography/Backstory
    20 points - Traits
    10 points - Overall Presentation
    10 points - Bonus/Wow Factor

Design & Full Renovation

*You must enter a description in Edit Town Mode before you upload*

20 points - Exterior
    20 points - Interior
    20 points - Must Haves & Wants/How Space reflects Sim
    10 points - Functionality (no routing issues)
    10 points - Landscaping
    10 points - Overall Presentation
    10 points - Bonus/Wow Factor

**Name your lot and your Sims and include descriptions in your upload. A bunch of downloads that just say "Lot Name" makes it difficult (if not impossible if there are many of them) to identify them. This can delay judging by days or weeks, as I try to figure out which "Lot Name" belongs to which entrant, requiring going in and back out of the game and re-visiting the contest thread to see if the pics "match" the in-game lot.

While they may show up in your studio or on the exchange with your descriptions and name that are given at the time you upload, if you don't put it in the edit function of the lot while you are in edit town before you upload, it will not be there when we download to our games. I hope this helps those who were unaware of this.**

prizes_zpsdeodgqry.jpg

**PRIZES CAN BE GIVEN AWAY/SHARED**
    **Prize pool will never decrease, but can increase**

Sponsors

ADWilson: 1,000 simpoints
    Lucyena: 2,000 simpoints

Create-A-Sim
    - 1st place: 3,000 simpoints worth of store items
    - 2nd place: 2,000 simpoints worth of store items
    - 3rd place: 1,000 simpoints worth of store items
    - Judges' Favorites
    - LadyEmillye: 200 simpoints worth of store items
    - illusie: 200 simpoints worth of store items
    - aricarai: 200 simpoints worth of items

Design Renovation
    - Judges' Favorites

Full Renovation
    - Judges' Favorites

Participation Prize
    I will enter everyone's name that has entered into any category and the winner will win: 200 simpoints worth of store items!
    edited December 2016
    Any questions, lemme know!

updates_zpsgkavn5ro.jpg

November 18th:

Q: Just to clarify: After hitting randomize twice, take a pic of the sim. Then, is full tweaking allowed? Hair style and color, nose type or just tweaking what's there using advanced option?

A: Yes, randomise twice and take a pic (you can even go in game and take pictures if you want and then take them back in CAS) then the world is your oyster, GO TO TOWN!

Q: Homes keep the same footprint... so all exterior walls remain the same, but interior walls can change?

A: In the FULL RENOVATION, all exterior walls need the same, but you can add walls and rooms wherever you want off of the original structure - you can go up, you can down, you can go all around (just be mindful of your budget) and yes, you can change the interior walls too.

In the DESIGN RENOVATION, none of the walls (exterior or interior) are to be touched (as in demolished or moved); however rooms can be reconfigured or repurposed as stated above.

November 19th:

Q: Okay, I THINK I understand. The randomizing is just to get a basic sim to start with, then our Sim can actually get "reconstructive surgery" so to speak to make the sim the best we can.

Then, we repurpose one of the two homes within the budget constraints, keeping all walls but swapping out doors and windows for same size is allowed. Much like the average homeowner could do.

The final challenge then starts from scratch again with the original house? or with the redesigned house? I ask because we'll already have spent the budget on the design and I'm not sure if add that budget again to redesigned house or if we throw that out and start over. OR, is it an either or thing where we pick one or the other?

A: You've got the Sim part right - yes definitely!

Think of the two design sections as different entities. So you could choose The Monotone and decide to do just the DESIGN renovation where you just change anything aesthetically - no moving walls, changing the roof style (changing color is ok).

And then if you wanted to enter the FULL renovation, you could pick Pre-fabulous (or The Monotone if you wanted) and as long as you keep the original footprint and original exterior walls, so I can see what was really there, you can add walls, levels, anything!

Basically, it's 3 difference sections and you can enter each one at least once.

Q: A question: Have I to enter a sim too?

A: Nope, you don't have to enter a Sim. You can enter all sections or only one if you want. Just make sure when doing a house that it reflects the outline that I wrote about the Sims...but no you don't have to enter the Sim part.

Q: Should we keep the houses on the same lot size, or can we place them down on a smaller lot?

A: That's a really good question - and actually I didn't think it was possible to move houses to smaller lots (I totally love that I can learn new things about the Sims 3 all the time) - but for the purpose of this contest, let's keep them in the same place.

November 20th:

Q: Can you remove the fences that are inside? In full renovation I guess it's ok but in design renovation that is a no right?

A: That's a good question. You can replace them with a different fence if you like but not remove them. See updated answer here.

Q: Is the budget amount of 48,500 that you've set the amount I can actually SPEND doing the renovation? Or is it the amount that the property value should be when I am done? Thank you.

A: It's the total budget; so what the property value is when you're finished!

November 21st:

Q: Thought of another question, for the "design" portion, are we allowed to do some enhancements to the landscaping, or are we to leave it as is? And I'm assuming we can redo the outside area for the full renovation part, correct?

A: Yes you can enhance for the landscaping in the design but no adding outdoor structures though you can for the "full" reno.

Q: A budgeted build begs the answer of depreciation. Allowed or not?

A: Yes, Depreciation is allowed.

Q: Are we supposed to do a lot of reconstructive surgery on our sim? Is the plastic surgery of the sim part of the make over contest?

A: Nope, plastic surgery isn't a major part of the contest at all. For the Sim part, it's more about picking up on the clues that I wrote about the Sim. And then if you do one of the renovation sections too, it should take into account the Sim as described too.

November 22nd:

Q: So while we are designing the house with the contest sim in mind. they are not necessarily living there.
    we are not waiting for the sim to earn the §48,500.

A: Correct, you don't need to wait for them to earn that amount. Just keep them in mind when renovating.

Q: More design renovation questions, please bear me. I'm wondering what exactly you can do with the outside of the house other than change roof color and replace windows, wall paper, fences, and floors. I guess you can't remove any floor tiles? How about flamingos? Can you add more flowers to existing flower bed? Can you replace flowers in existing flower bed? Can you use terrain paints? Can you add shutters, flower boxes and outdoor lights?

A: I'm going to say yes to all. As long as you don't add any external structures outside, have at it, as landscaping is a part of the judging.

November 23rd:

Q: if I replaced the fencing material inside the house with half walls. would that count as design or full renovation?
    also moving flower beds and parking spaces?

A: You can replace with half walls in design. You can move the flower beds and parking space. You can replace the flower beds with something else.

November 25th:

Q: While looking at these homes I realized that neither has a back door. The rules say we can change the window to a new style but can we change a 1 tile window into a 1 tile door? No biggie if we can't.

A: For the DESIGN renovation, I'm going to say no, but for the FULL renovation, yes of course!

November 26th:

Q: In the full reform, can we change windows for doors or change the place for the main entrance?

A: Yes you can as long as you don't delete the exterior walls (you can add onto them though), the world is your oyster!

Q: I don't like the chimney blocking my view so I deleted it. Did not add a wall for it on the ground but did put a wall/chimney on top of the house. Does that count against a Design reno?

A: Good question - it won't count against the design reno. That's fine.

November 29th:

Q: Perhaps I will do 2 different entries, create a Sim AND make a full renovation, should I create the area which reflects the chosen career for THIS Sim ? Or are this two different things independetly of each other?

A: Yes when you're doing the full renovation, it needs to reflect the Sim and their chosen career.

UPDATE: THE TOTAL PRIZE POOL is now 20,000 simpoints! I will redistribute the prizes to reflect the change! Thank you to the lovely sponsors!

Q: While you've given trait hints in the intro blurb for our sim, after we've randomized twice we can give them any traits we want along with any career we want?

Or should they have the 4/5 traits as outlined: commitment issues(? maybe outgrew), natural cooking, bookworm, genius, eccentric/inappropriate(quirky).

Additionally it's one sim per house makeover if doing both houses or 1 sim period, even if making over both houses?

A: The randomisation is for the Sim itself, so that you can get that before picture and then you makeover the Sim as you see fit. The career needs to be one of those as listed (and then the renovation needs to have an area/space to reflect that chosen career). With the traits, you need to figure them out from the blurb - there's definitely more than 5 trait hints in there, so it could be a combination of traits and some are more obvious than others. For judging purposes, I have a list of traits that I'm working off of and would like to see, which is why there are 20 points allotted in the judging criteria for traits.

You can upload as a household if you prefer and I don't mind having more than one Sim in the household; however, only one Sim will be judged according to the Sim brief.

November 30th:

Q: Is the house we're designing meant specifically for the Sim mentioned in the CAS portion of the contest, even if we're not entering that part? (i.e. the cook/bookworm/surgeon?)

A: Yes, even if you're not entering the Sims part it needs to follow the criteria under judging criteria and incorporate the Sims wants and needs. I hope that helps.

Q: Can we add walls just to enclose the fireplace or does the brick chimney need to be exposed (if not removed as previously allowed)?

And while this may be semantics, does the 1 bedroom require it to be a separate *room* or can it just be a separate space similar to a studio apartment feel?

A: If it's the full renovation, you can delete all interior walls and do whatever you like to it, so if you want to make a sleeping area, that's perfectly fine and up to you.

The only rules for the full renovation is that the exterior walls must remain the same and you can add onto them as you see fit. You can add rooms, you can build up, build out, etc.

Q: Oh sorry, I meant on just the design and not the full, can you add walls just for the fireplace or does that have to be left exposed?

A: Oh, sorry, I read that wrong! I do apologise. It needs to be left exposed on the inside; however, I have allowed for chimney on the exterior to be built with walls and recolored.

December 1st:

Q: I verified in game just now the Pre-fabulous and the Monotone don't have fireplaces. Wouldn't adding a fireplace put the entry in the full renovation category?

A: No because it's not removing walls. :smile: As long as you don't remove walls or add walls for the design renovation, you can do what you like inside.

December 2nd:

Q: May I use the cheat motherlode?

A: Would the motherlode cheat be for your Sims household funds? As long as the final price of your house isn't over §48,500, I don't see why you couldn't use it.

Q: Is it allowed that one of my helper Sims upgrade the appliances into undestructible/faster cooking ... before I keep on the Sim that I created for this house? I like the thought that she will learn her skills in her own house.

A: Yes appliances can be upgraded.

Q: If an object is put in the house purely to be a decorative item, even if it has a function, is required to be functional/accessible? For example, tucking a trash can under a desk because it looks more realistic - if there's another garbage can that *is* functional, is it fine to make that one purely decorative even if it causes routing issues?

A: Yes that's perfectly fine! There's always the default trash can that is outside

December 3rd:

Q: To enlarge the roof to make a porch is ok in the full renovation?

A: As long as you didn't delete any exterior walls - that's perfectly ok.

December 6th:

Q: Can I send my Sim to Uni to get an additional trait, and am I limited to making only one outfit per category or can I do a whole wardrobe?

A: Those are good questions, unfortunately; no to both - an extra trait could allow for a higher score in that category and extra outfits could increase score too. By all means, send your Sim to Uni though; I'd love to see what she gets up to.

Q: May I use either the career outfit or a second outfit of one of the other categories as a stand-in for "outerwear" as I don't have that expansion and therefore no access to that outfit category?

A: Yes, you can use a second outfit for outerwear.

December 29th:

Q: For my sim, when I randomised him he had weird, possibly CC skin, so I changed it. Is that too much of a change for him ( he's a completely different colour now) or it that ok? I didn't want to leave him the old colour because he looked kinda glitchy, didn't think he'd pass the custard check.

A: For your Sim, just randomise twice, then you can change anything from that point including their skin...I bet it would make for a good back story :wink:

Q: This might have been asked before, but just checking. For the renovation, I know you can't add extra doors, and they have to be the same size etc., but can I move the position of the door, say over to a different wall?

A: Is it for the full renovation or design renovation? If it's the design renovation, you can't move it, but can replace it; if it's the full renovation, go for it!
    edited January 2017
    You know I luuuuurve a good list!

entries_zpsjntidlco.jpg

:)= Interested
    :mrgreen:= Entry Complete
    :star:= Entry Clean (Custard Checked)
    :warning:= Problem with Entry

1. ciane :)
    2. AIRIS6962 :smile:
    3. taratownie :smile:
    4. BreeMiles :smile:
    5. Sandraelle :smile:
    6. Faith_Andhope :smile:
    7. Bookworm742 :smile:
    8. fleshjenn :smile:
    9. romagi1 :smile:
    10. Hoplass :smile:
    11. Kgaff :smile:
    12. missroxor :smile:
    13. Rockleyfamily :smile:
    14. Lucyena :smile:
    15. Mmdrgntobldrgn :smile:
    16. snowdove58 :smile:
    17. creativemetaphor :smile:
    18. suzses :smile:
    19. soocoolsim :smile:
    20. DolphineQ :smile:
    21. annasommer :smile:
    22. JoeJude16 :smile:
    23. JovialJoy :smile:

cas_zps3tmjtdxi.jpg

ciane: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

romagi1: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

Sandraelle: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

snowdove58: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

fleshjenn: Link to Entry | Link to Sim | Link to Story :mrgreen::star:

creativemetaphor: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

Lucyena: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

DolphineQ: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

suzses: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

soocoolsim: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

missroxor: Link to Entry | Link to Sim :mrgreen::star:

design_zpsgcteqlaz.jpg

Faith_Andhope: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

romagi1: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

ciane: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

creativemetaphor: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

Sandraelle: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

snowdove58: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

DolphineQ: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

suzses: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

taratownie: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

soocoolsim: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

Lucyena: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

Hoplass: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

full_zps6mxwft3t.jpg

ciane: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

romagi1: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

creativemetaphor: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

Lucyena: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

snowdove58: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

BreeMiles: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

Sandraelle: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

missroxor: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

AIRIS6962: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:

Faith_Andhope: Link to Entry | Link to Lot :mrgreen::star:
    edited February 2017
    Ya'll know what this section is for - CONGRATULATIONS!

winners_zpsyufxbfpf.jpg

As I stated in the prize section, I entered everyone's name that entered into a randomiser for the chance at 200 simpoints worth of store items. The winner of this is: Faith_Andhope [to be gifted by aricarai] GIFTED

cas_zps3tmjtdxi.jpg

1st place: creativemetaphor [3,000 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    2nd place: Lucyena [2,000 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    3rd place: fleshjenn [1,000 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED

Judges' Favorites
    - LadyEmillye: Lucyena [200 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    - illusie: creativemetaphor [200 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    - aricarai: snowdove58 [200 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED

design_zpsgcteqlaz.jpg

1st place: suzses [3,000 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    2nd place: soocoolsim [2,000 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: Lucyena] GIFTED
    3rd place: Sandraelle [1,000 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by ADWilson] GIFTED

Judges' Favorites
    - LadyEmillye: taratownie [200 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    - illusie: romagi1 [200 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    - aricarai: Sandraelle [200 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED

full_zps6mxwft3t.jpg

1st place: AIRIS6962 [3,000 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    2nd place: romagi1 [2,000 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    3rd place: missroxor [1,000 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] BANKED

Judges' Favorites
    - LadyEmillye: Faith_Andhope [200 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    - illusie: BreeMiles [200 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by: aricarai] GIFTED
    - aricarai: missroxor [200 simpoints worth of store items to be gifted by aricarai] BANKED

feedback_zpsimlotrel.jpg

Ask and you shall receive!

soocoolsim:

- Jenny Choo: I absolutely loved all of her outfits; totally digging all of the patterns that you used. I really liked her back story and the fact that she was conflicted in which path to follow due to the influence her parents had on her. Fab job!
    - Blissful Harmony: I really like how you picked a theme and went with it; it reflected Jenny Choo perfectly and I really got a sense that she could live there. Love the exterior where it was ying and yang - very clever! I like how you had hints of green and orange throughout the build. It was very subtle but effective. Overall it looks like a very peaceful home!

AIRIS6962:

Winter Writer: Wow, this home for John Walters looks very calm and serene from the outside and that continues right on inside. Absolutely perfect for a writer. I love your use of MOO - both inside and out. Great job m’dear!

taratownie:

Casa Feliz: Brilliant job on the build reflecting the Sim. Love how you went with a theme and ran with it. I really like how you included a place for a bird for when your Sim gets lonely; very clever. The only thing that I would suggest is to put the burglar alarm inside the house - wouldn’t want any potential deviants to see the combo when going inside.

creativemetaphor:

- Khali Amari: I really love how you chose an elder - they are severely underrated I think, so I think it’s fabulous that you picked Khali as your Sim. Brilliant back story; I like how you went into depth starting with her as a child. Her outfits really suit her and her quirky personality. I really got a sense of who she was through her story and personality. If Khali was real, I’d definitely want to hang out with her; I feel like she could impart lots of wisdom on me. The only thing that I’d say is that her dream (which I meant to be LTW) was either to be a Professional Author or World-Renowned Surgeon; however, I do understand why you chose Renaissance Sim. Fabulous job; I was impressed plus you got full marks from me for her traits!
    - PhD-liscious: Wowza, your BEFORE picture was brilliant! I love how you completely turned it into a dump of a place. I was totally cracking up when I saw the chicken coop; I can just imagine that they were slaughtered inside of that place. I really love the effort you put into this. I like how you combined a home and office space. While the doctor’s office is very professional, the home is completely quirky and completely Khali. The space reflects her very well. I ran into a couple problems when having my Sims go through the house; the house started on fire immediately (it did make me chuckle though; can you imagine, moving in somewhere and it immediately catches on fire?) and also I found that my Sims couldn’t use the bed. Other that than, fab, fab, fab!
    - Monoculture 1: Again, brilliant job on the BEFORE exterior. It’s so off putting, but if potential homeowners can look past all of that, they’ll see you’ve made it into a real gem. I like that you picked a theme here! It’s very serene feeling. I think the wrap around driveway was awesome and I like the reason for putting it there (you’re funny!). Yes, the pool is very swimmable; one of my testers jumped right in while the rest of them checked out the house. I like the central courtyard. Great job!

Sandraelle:

- Kenyon Reardon: Wow, what a transformation. I like how you incorporated his starting point (a little heavier) into his story and made it a lifestyle change. Very clever. He looks like a lothario and heartbreaker instead of a writer. Very handsome! Well done! The only two things I noticed when I got him into game is that he didn’t have a job and there wasn’t a biography in game. Other than that, brilliant!
    - Rejuvenated: Rejuvenated indeed - this looks like an amazing bachelor pad. I couldn’t decide if the bedroom or the living room was my favorite. I absolutely love the sofas you used - I think they’re my favorite. I love the combination of black and red throughout with the hints of green incorporated. The overall feel of the home is high-end and luxurious, yet cosy! Beautiful job!
    - Post-Fab: I loved reading how Sandraelle was too busy to help Kenyon with the renovation. I love that you incorporated that in. It made me chuckle. I love the office space upstairs, especially with the fish tank, very awesome! You really get a sense of the person that lives in this space. Without knowing Kenyon, I think you’d see that it was a bachelor pad. It’s very masculine, but very luxurious again - you’ve portrayed that very well. The kitchen is to die for, the living room looks cozy too. The only thing that my Sims had trouble with was the dining room table - one of them couldn’t use the back left one (may too close to the stairs?). You’ve done a fantastic job!

snowdove58:

- Andrea London: I really like how she started out looking like a werewolf, but then she seemed to turn into this cute little imp. Andrea just looks like someone you’d want to take under your wing and protect. She’s adorable. I loved her back story with her Grandma Mae and I really like that when she chose to be a writer that she couldn’t decide on a genre. I like how you played her out and she has skills. Andrea definitely has personality, love it!
    - Water Lily Lane: I like the orange and green that you used, especially on the exterior. It looks very clean. It looks like a very peaceful place to live. I really like the use of the ivy in the bedroom. And that computer you used is awesome - where’s it from? Great job - it’s a very cozy home.
    - Poetry: Great job with the touches of green and orange throughout the build. Very very nice! You’ve done a good job of giving the feeling of comfort and serenity. I especially like the addition of the kitchen at the back. I like how you’ve made it like a greenhouse. The only thing (a teeny thing) that I would have liked to see was the chimneys matching. Oh and the shelving in the entryway, very clever! Love it!

Lucyena:

- Marietta Dunne: She is very cute and I like her backstory with the Irish running in her blood. Her outfits are very nice and I liked how you had green in them, although sometimes very subtle. Nice touch. I thought it was great that she had books in her inventory too. Great job!
    - Evergreen: Great job on the BEFORE picture. It looks fabulously gross! I like the Mediterranean style that you chose. I like the portrayal of beams on the ceilings. You’ve done a fabulous job bringing the outdoors inside with the flowers and plants throughout the home. How you’ve decorated certainly gives a calming effect and makes the home look very homey and lived in. Fab job!
    - Marietta’s Treasure: Beautifully landscaped. I love the hanging chair under the tree. It looks very peaceful outside. The flower motifs inside are very lovely. I loved the sunroom in this house. It looks like a place where you could just relax, enjoy the outdoors from inside. You did very well. It’s beautiful!

suzses:

- Hailey Tucker: I absolutely loved her back story. It did tickle me. She has great outfits and I especially like her Every Day outfit. Very cute! I think the only thing that was missing was an in-game bio. Other than that, she’s so very cute and lovely!
    - Shabby Fabby: Love the BEFORE picture. Even the screenshot looks a bit old and weathered. Nice touch. You’ve created a very comfortable home transforming into a homey place that could be passed down from generation to generation. I love the landscaping - it’s not overdone, but just perfect and very much suits the house. The kitchen and living area has to be my favorite in the house - you have put a lot of detail into it. I love MOO tricks, so that shelving in the bathroom is amazing! Love it. A very cozy home; I wish I could live there! Fab job!
    edited November 2016
    ...And we're open for business! Come and join the FUN!
    edited November 2016
    I would absolutely luuuuuuuuuurve it if someone could be my custard checker! :) And perhaps some more judges, too! Any volunteers?! <3
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2016
    This sounds like soooo much fun! I want to play!

Just to clarify: After hitting randomize twice, take a pic of the sim. Then, is full tweaking allowed? Hair style and color, nose type or just tweaking what's there using advanced option?

Homes keep the same footprint... so all exterior walls remain the same, but interior walls can change?

Great contest idea.

NOTE: Custard and I do not play well together. I tried once to weed out a problem with a family before installing, but it wasn't pretty. I gave up and left it to the experts.
    edited November 2016
    ciane wrote: »
    This sounds like soooo much fun! I want to play!

Just to clarify: After hitting randomize twice, take a pic of the sim. Then, is full tweaking allowed? Hair style and color, nose type or just tweaking what's there using advanced option?

Homes keep the same footprint... so all exterior walls remain the same, but interior walls can change?

Great contest idea.

NOTE: Custard and I do not play well together. I tried once to weed out a problem with a family before installing, but it wasn't pretty. I gave up and left it to the experts.

Yaaay my first interest! You're going on the list @ciane!

Yes, randomise twice and take a pic (you can even go in game and take pictures if you want and then take them back in CAS) then the world is your oyster, GO TO TOWN!

In the FULL RENOVATION, all exterior walls need the same, but you can add walls and rooms wherever you want off of the original structure - you can go up, you can down, you can go all around (just be mindful of your budget) and yes, you can change the interior walls too.

In the DESIGN RENOVATION, none of the walls (exterior or interior) are to be touched (as in demolished or moved); however rooms can be reconfigured or repurposed as stated above.

I hope that makes sense!
    edited November 2016
    Okay, I THINK I understand. The randomizing is just to get a basic sim to start with, then our Sim can actually get "reconstructive surgery" so to speak to make the sim the best we can.

Then, we repurpose one of the two homes within the budget constraints, keeping all walls but swapping out doors and windows for same size is allowed. Much like the average homeowner could do.

The final challenge then starts from scratch again with the original house? or with the redesigned house? I ask because we'll already have spent the budget on the design and I'm not sure if add that budget again to redesigned house or if we throw that out and start over. OR, is it an either or thing where we pick one or the other?
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I could custard check for you and help judge ^.^
    I could custard check for you and help judge ^.^

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuurve you! Thank you so much <3 I'll PM you!
    Okay, I THINK I understand. The randomizing is just to get a basic sim to start with, then our Sim can actually get "reconstructive surgery" so to speak to make the sim the best we can.

You've got the Sim part right - yes definitely!

Think of the two design sections as different entities. So you could choose The Monotone and decide to do just the DESIGN renovation where you just change anything aesthetically - no moving walls, changing the roof style (changing color is ok).

And then if you wanted to enter the FULL renovation, you could pick Pre-fabulous (or The Monotone if you wanted) and as long as you keep the original footprint and original exterior walls, so I can see what was really there, you can add walls, levels, anything!

Basically, it's 3 difference sections and you can enter each one at least once.

I hope that clears things up a bit for you!
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

This sounds veeeryyyy funny! :smiley:
    I'm a HUGE lover of design and makeover tv shows as well! and I do love challenges too!
    I didn´t open my TS3 game for more than a year but, who knows? Maybe this is a good chance to do it ;)
    There is time enough. Anyway, I´ve bookmarked and I will follow it.
    Thanks for hosting, dear @aricarai !
    Hugs <3
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    This sounds veeeryyyy funny! :smiley:
    I'm a HUGE lover of design and makeover tv shows as well! and I do love challenges too!
    I didn´t open my TS3 game for more than a year but, who knows? Maybe this is a good chance to do it ;)
    There is time enough. Anyway, I´ve bookmarked and I will follow it.
    Thanks for hosting, dear @aricarai !
    Hugs <3

Thanks for stopping by @AIRIS6962 *waves* Let me know if you're definitely interested and I will add you to the list! <3

Yes, add me to the list, dear!

A question: Have I to enter a sim too?
    Yaaay! I'll do this when I get home.

Nope, you don't have to enter a Sim. You can enter all sections or only one if you want. Just make sure when doing a house that it reflects the outline that I wrote about the Sims...but no you don't have to enter the Sim part. I hope that makes sense @AIRIS6962

YAY! It´s very clear now!
    Time to dust off my TS3! :lol: ( I was building in TS2 lately LOL )
    Ah, so I'll think of it as Love It or Leave It where one home is fixed up to encourage the seller to stay or at least get a better list price and the other home is found and offered the way it is (with staging). :mrgreen: (I love all those house hunter/flip shows too.)
    Ah, so I'll think of it as Love It or Leave It where one home is fixed up to encourage the seller to stay or at least get a better list price and the other home is found and offered the way it is (with staging). :mrgreen: (I love all those house hunter/flip shows too.)

I´m on Hilary Farr mode already:

11069266_774761989276183_7447138162118189508_n.jpg

:mrgreen:
    Waves at @AIRIS6962! It's great to see you around. Love the pic! Looking forward to playing with you.

Same here, my dear @ciane ! Thank you very much :)
    Hugs <3
    I went into CAS last night and came up with this guy on the second randomize click:
    screenshot-57-e1479569876743.jpg

Obviously worthy of a make-over and new wardrobe:
    screenshot-58-e1479569956404.jpg

He had no fashion sense at all:
    screenshot-59-e1479569994673.jpg

BUT... my game hung up as I tried to save him to the bin. So... I don't think he'll be there when I go in-game later.

Kind of - you don't have to enter both the FULL renovation and the DESIGN renovation. You can pick one category or both if you like. Pick one of the houses and follow the rules under either the FULL renovation or the DESIGN renovation. I'll try to update the front page to make it a little clearer.
    @ciane - haha, I love the randomisation feature and seeing what wacky combinations they come up with!