Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[PROBLEM NOT SOLVED, GIVEN UP :)] Speed 3 lag & short freezes (dxdiag included)

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Well I finally got to play my game today since the last patch.... time is all messed up now. I'll had the time jump, a little bit, for a little while now, but it is bad now. So bad I had to quit playing it was driving me bonkers.

Time gets stuck in speed 3, as you described, and when it unstuck, it's a couple hours prior. I have to jump from speed 3 to speed 1 all thru the night, otherwise it has a major time jump when my sims wake up. Even doing the two different speeds thru the night, it still has a bit of a time jump everytime.

And now when my sims are in speed 3 sometimes they'll freeze on an animation and do nothing for a bit. If I come out of speed 3, they'll get moving, but I tested once and my sim literally stood for 2.5 hours with dishes in hand on speed 3 before she finally washed the dishes.

I'm not even fully thru 1 gen with this save. It's my created sim and her triplet teens.

@SimGuruNick I can send you my save, too.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Yeah I'd love to check out your save too @ChelleJo, thanks :)
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Hey @TheBristolSimmer can you possibly share your save file with me where you're experiencing this issue? Thanks much! :)
    rosemow wrote: »
    @rosemow considering @TheBristolSimmer has said she's not too computer-savvy, would you please put up the directions on how she can get a save into Nick's hands? :) Thanks! <3

(She likes pictures... got any? :p Probably not, for this, but why not ask?)

Hello @TheBristolSimmer
    It would be good to do what SimGuruNick posted and share your save file with him.
    To send your save file to the SimGuru, make a copy of your save file that is in your documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -saves folder,. Then right click the file, and zip your save file into a zip folder. Then upload the zip folder to Dropbox , mediafire or google drive. Then pm him the link to the zip folder that you have uploaded.

I've given a save file before, but was given a link to their share file thingy-ma-jiggy :) I don't currently have either of those file sharing accounts so I'll make one and try and work it out :) Thanks. Sorry for late reply, given up on playing the game and so haven't checked the forums.
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hey @TheBristolSimmer can you possibly share your save file with me where you're experiencing this issue? Thanks much! :)
    @rosemow considering @TheBristolSimmer has said she's not too computer-savvy, would you please put up the directions on how she can get a save into Nick's hands? :) Thanks! <3

Hello @TheBristolSimmer
    It would be good to do what SimGuruNick posted and share your save file with him.
    To send your save file to the SimGuru, make a copy of your save file that is in your documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -saves folder,. Then right click the file, and zip your save file into a zip folder. Then upload the zip folder to Dropbox , mediafire or google drive. Then pm him the link to the zip folder that you have uploaded.

I've given a save file before, but was given a link to their share file thingy-ma-jiggy :) I don't currently have either of those file sharing accounts so I'll make one and try and work it out :) Thanks. Sorry for late reply, given up on playing the game and so haven't checked the forums.

Hello
    You may have shared your other save file with crinrict on her mediafire link.

I am sorry that you have been having the game issues :(
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Hello @TheBristolSimmer

I'd say go with Mediafire, they have more bells & whistles than Dropbox. If you're into that... but for straight up simple, Dropbox is fine, too... MediaFire just gives more drive space, I need that. Packrat. And options are cool. ;) (I don't like google drive's setup at all. JMHO)

I wasn't assuming you didn't know how... just hedging bets to try to save time/steps. I knew rosemow had it covered.

I didn't know you'd done similar stuff here before. (Besides, somebody will cruise by here who DOES have that question... it's a given.)

So, bring on the 18-gen hood... I wanna see what SGNick does with it. B)

Hello @TheBristolSimmer

I'd say go with Mediafire, they have more bells & whistles than Dropbox. If you're into that... but for straight up simple, Dropbox is fine, too... MediaFire just gives more drive space, I need that. Packrat. And options are cool. ;) (I don't like google drive's setup at all. JMHO)

I wasn't assuming you didn't know how... just hedging bets to try to save time/steps. I knew rosemow had it covered.

I didn't know you'd done similar stuff here before. (Besides, somebody will cruise by here who DOES have that question... it's a given.)

So, bring on the 18-gen hood... I wanna see what SGNick does with it. B)

No, no problem at all! I appreciate any help anyone can give :) I'll see if I can get to it today. xoxo
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
    Well since my last post, I haven't touched the Sims 4 at all. I cannot bring myself to try and sort out the mess! Also haven't been able to send save file to Guru. (My son also broke his leg so my prioritise have been with my family).

I was wondering if there has been any change or update or patch that has sorted the lag and bugs that came with the dreaded patch and CL?

Thanks in advance xoxo

68OUgVc.jpg
    Well since my last post, I haven't touched the Sims 4 at all. I cannot bring myself to try and sort out the mess! Also haven't been able to send save file to Guru. (My son also broke his leg so my prioritise have been with my family).

I was wondering if there has been any change or update or patch that has sorted the lag and bugs that came with the dreaded patch and CL?

Thanks in advance xoxo

Hello
    I am sorry to hear that your son broke his leg :( It would have been very painful. I hope that the healing process of his leg is going smoothly. It would have been a concerning time for you all when it happened.
    There has been an game update in December.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906339/december-1-2016-patch-notes#latest

It would be good for you to play the game and test to see if the patch has helped with your issues.
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited January 2017

This never happened to me until I installed City Living. Now, it's every time I try clicking on an object. :/
    wr7jm5.png&quot

This never happened to me until I installed City Living. Now, it's every time I try clicking on an object. :/

Hello @justdancerebecca
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes runs the game better. .
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    Try also checking the inventories of other sims households in the game. Simmers have been finding that the game has been placing items into their inventories when they are not playing theko households.

Try seeing if playing offline may help.

Check that your graphics drivers are uptodate .
    OK, so I loaded up the game again!

I was optimistic, downloaded the patches I missed and started completely afresh. New sim, new legacy, new save, new everything!

Moved my sim into an apartment in SM. The game was fine for all of 5-10mins tops...

I think I've come to the conclusion that as long as I don't visit the San Myshuno world, my game will be fine. If I do, Sims inventories are filled with guitars and violins and collectables.

I've also come to the conclusion that if I want to use the San Myshuno world, (A pack that I have paid hard earned cash for) then I will need to go through all the Sims inventories to clear them every 10 mins of gameplay..

How is that acceptable? I don't understand why this hasn't been resolved yet?

After paying for the CL pack, it essentially makes my game nearly unplayable.

I was patient and did all the suggested potential solutions which were kindly given by fellow simmers. (I love it how EA make a game, and the Simming community need to spend hours of trial and error to fix the problem with their product). And I am still quite certain it has nothing to do with my computer or my game settings. The game was running perfectly fine before I downloaded the doomed patch before CL and then game got worse again after installing CL.

And to prove that it is NOT my 18 generation game save file, like I said above, my fresh new game still has the same problems after 10 mins of gameplay.

I'm not entirely sure what outcome I'm hoping from this post - maybe this is me saying I am disgusted with EA at the moment.

I appreciate their hard work, and appreciate their creativity and enthusiasm about the game. But they aren't delivering. Even worse, they aren't fixing the bug filled game that they produce and sell at a very high price.

In a way I'm probably more mad at myself for paying such extortianate prices for this version of The Sims series.

I'm unsure that I will be paying for any more content, just have to make do with what I've already purchased.

Thank you to the fellow simmers who have given me help with all of this, I appreciate your talent!

Have a happy day everyone!! xoxo

68OUgVc.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Just to let you know, my game started crashing after last patch and I also have a R7 ATI/AMD video card. Usually I can depend on AMD to never crash using ATI video cards for any game. It is annoying as all get out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Hello
    I am so sorry that you are having these game issues :(
    You may like to post feedback on the inventory issue on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-instruments-of-some-kind-added-to-NPC-inventories/m-p/5680337#M29648

Try also doing the things that I posted in the above post , if you haven't done them before,
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15436436/#Comment_15436436
    You may have probably already done them though.
    Hello
    You may like to post feedback on the inventory issue on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-instruments-of-some-kind-added-to-NPC-inventories/m-p/5680337#M29648

Try also doing the things that I posted in the above post , if you haven't done them before,

I'll take a moment to post a quick note on the EA site, thank you.

All of your above suggestions I have done.

Again though, I shouldn't have to go round all the inventories and delete items for the game to function! :)

Thanks again. xoxo

68OUgVc.jpg
    Hello

I'll take a moment to post a quick note on the EA site, thank you.

All of your above suggestions I have done.

Again though, I shouldn't have to go round all the inventories and delete items for the game to function! :)

Thanks again. xoxo

You're welcome :) I hope that the issues may be fixed in an upcoming patch.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I have come to the conclusion that it is not any of our computers it is the game I have been reading all over these posts and on different topics about problems and that is my conclusion it is the game itself. Doesn't make any difference what type of computer or graphic cards a lot of us have upto date computers and we still have problems. I have played for a month with no problems after I could not play for a year. Now since I bought CL my game is not right after removing the entire game and the putting it back I still can not play and it is the game itself. I did not buy the game to play computer whiz, if I have to be a computer whiz to play then what fun is it. I am not a computer whiz.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have formatted my SSD Drive reinstalled windows 10 64 bit re in stalled Sims4 and still get Speed 3 lag & long freezes I have GeForce GTX 960 card. This my Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz, here is my Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 960
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_85211043&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 18370 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2016 MB
    Shared Memory: 16354 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: Acer G277HL
    Monitor Id: ACR03FB
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: HDMI
    Driver Name: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3f929cc119e3b994\nvd3dumx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3f929cc119e3b994\nvwgf2umx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3f929cc119e3b994\nvwgf2umx.dll,C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_3f929cc119e3b994\nvwgf2umx.dll
    Driver File Version: 21.21.0013.7633 (English)
    Driver Version: 21.21.13.7633
    DDI Version: 12
    Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 2.1
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 11/12/2016 00:00:00, 17586992 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5741-11CF-226E-2CA51BC2D835}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x1401
    SubSys ID: 0x85211043
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Driver Strong Name: oem5.inf:0f066de3d2368449:Section084:21.21.13.7633:pci\ven_10de&dev_1401
    Rank Of Driver: 00D12001
    Hello @cheifeagleeye .

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the lagging issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.
    Try also checking the inventories of other sims households in the game. Simmers have been finding that the game has been placing items into their inventories when they are not playing their households.

Try playing in offline mode and see if that helps the issues.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    Hello Rosemow I have done all this already still the same
    candy8 wrote: »
    I have come to the conclusion that it is not any of our computers it is the game I have been reading all over these posts and on different topics about problems and that is my conclusion it is the game itself. Doesn't make any difference what type of computer or graphic cards a lot of us have upto date computers and we still have problems. I have played for a month with no problems after I could not play for a year. Now since I bought CL my game is not right after removing the entire game and the putting it back I still can not play and it is the game itself. I did not buy the game to play computer whiz, if I have to be a computer whiz to play then what fun is it. I am not a computer whiz.

Dito!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2017
    Try paging @SimGuruNick I think he needs to come back to this thread and take a look at the issues . Thank you

Also would like to add The CPU issue and usage in this game needs to be checked into. The higher the computer specs the more CPU intensive this game becomes. We have people reporting 100% CPU usage or close to that amount.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Are you online when playing the game @TheBristolSimmer ? I usually play offline but if I've used the gallery or something and forget to turn it off I will get some lag and shuttering sometimes.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hello
    When @phoebebebe13 comes on to the forums, she will look at your diaxdiag information.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.

With your issue with speed level 3, try pressing pause then waiting a few seconds before going to speed level 3 . Then do the same thing by pressing pause first when going from level 3 back to normal speed.

I have tried another thing recently. I have good experience by going into my game, where I play rotationally. Start up the families in the given order, and save under a new name, then delete the old game, Go through all of your families (saves) doing this, before you reset the game. I had the same trouble as described, and now the game runs perfectly. Also always check your Cache folder. If it is filled with strange pics (come when visiting the Gallery from inside the game), you just delete it, and a new empty one generates, when you start up your game next time.
    Are you online when playing the game @TheBristolSimmer ? I usually play offline but if I've used the gallery or something and forget to turn it off I will get some lag and shuttering sometimes.

I will try turning to offline more often and see if that helps. Thanks! xoxo

68OUgVc.jpg
  • buffyfan1394buffyfan1394 Posts: 150 Member
    Hope they look into this, I've had the exact same issue since buying CL