Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fall Fun Gift Exchange: Cmbaker16 Take a look here. Gifts await! :D

Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hey Cm! You are my buddy this exchange and boy was it hard not spilling the beans when we chatted during this exchange. So I finally get to gift you back from the gifts you made me. :smile: I may have gotten started on the party cake before the party though. >_>

cat-eats-cake-1.jpg

I saved you a piece I swear!!!! >_<

Anyway... I really hope you enjoy the gifts I have in store for you. I have a few gifts for you this week and I am going to start off with one of the households. For your first gift I present the Seung Household:

Seung%20Cover%20Photo_zpsoxwtiuem.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010099

In your letter you mentioned wanting a Sim to play through the Into the Future content. This lead to the creation of Seung Yi Hyeon. Yi Hyeon is a bit of a socially awkward Sim who loves robots and is interested in time travel. She is of Korean ancestry which I thought you might enjoy given your love of Kpop. :smile: She would also make one a nice dating option for one of the young guys in your legacy but she will have some competition soon. More on those Ladies later though. :wink:

Screenshot_zpsj5cdwlzt.jpg

Here are some of her outfits:

Seung20Outfits201_zpsrosqtkcw.jpg?t=1479275810
Seung20Outfits202_zpsa7vagdaj.jpg?t=1479275783

And the extra outfit all "bot fan" sims can wear:

Screenshot-8_zpsldrxg0oh.jpg

Robot cosplay ftw. :tongue:

She will be seen more in game play screen shots as the week continues. The question is what is that game play going to be? :open_mouth: Well you will just have to wait to find out. :wink: I really hope you enjoy having her in your game.
Siggy_4.jpg
Post edited by Catdog123 on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Early I mentioned Yi Hyeon having some competition soon. Well they are ready to make their appearance. :smiley:

For your second gift I present the Mystic Ladies household:

Cover%20Photo%20Mystic%20Ladies_zpsd0ikrci8.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010335

Tammie, Sonya and Aravae are three Sims who moved from Dragon Valley after learning of the career opportunities available in other more modern cities. Tammie and Sonya are sisters and are both faeries, they are very different from each other in terms of personality. Aravae is Tammie's best friend and a Snow Elf from the Ilitahna clan of elves.

Tammie is aspiring musician who loves guitar and is currently employed as a singer.

Screenshot-4_zpslcedd5go.jpg?t=1479275326

Sonya is Tammie's teenage sister who is a bit alternative and loves street art.

Screenshot-5_zpsnskvwgbv.jpg?t=1479275346

And last but not least Aravae loves books and loves to cook. Like the rest of her clan she can cast spells.

Screenshot-7_zpstikfrtmu.jpg?t=1479275160

Can see their outfits below. :smile:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Tammie's Outfits:

Tammie20Outfits201_zpsguop83v7.jpg?t=1479275380
    Tammie20Outfits202_zpspusn4ug9.jpg?t=1479275370

Aravae's Outfits:

Aravae20Outfits201_zpskfmk3zrb.jpg?t=1479275586
    Aravae20Outfits202_zpsxm1ooscx.jpg?t=1479275595

Sonya's Outfits:

Sonya20Outfits201_zpsngvselqc.jpg?t=1479275625
    Sonya20Outfits202_zpstaeg3yo7.jpg?t=1479275640

I hope they fill the need for more single females in your legacy game and that you enjoy playing with them. :smile: Will see more of these three along with Yi Hyeon as the week continues. :smiley:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Okay so for one of the last two gifts and one of the largest gifts. You talked about wanting a haunted mansion with a world adventures style tomb/adventure inside of it so I decided to tackle that. :)

For gift number three I present Thornheart Manor:

Cover%20Photo_zpscllnvvwz.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010590

While the build is technically a home I kind of went off on a creative tangent and made it a historic 1880s mansion that has been maintained as a museum (art gallery in game) for all to enjoy. I thought this would be a good way to go about it that way any of your sims could explore it without having to live there. Plus if its an actual home going into build mode will make all of the hidden rooms visible and ruin some of the surprises. Also it can easily be converted to a habitable home by switching it to a residence and by removing the roping around some of the art in the manor and adding a proper oven. You will notice some plaques around the manor. Like this one next to the front door:

Screenshot-14_zpsgrw1yxpw.jpg

Its important to not delete those if you turn it into a house as they are tied to the functionality of the tomb part of the manor. Seriously some of the doors will stop working.

Here is some more of the exterior:

Screenshot-7_zpszthqhira.jpg
    Screenshot-10_zpse4vtfs90.jpg
    Screenshot-12_zpst2xepsd9.jpg

More on the house below. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    This manor was owned by a wealthy family known as the Thornhearts, hence the name of the house. The house is filled with things from from their travels including plants exclusive to the world adventures worlds which will make finding those harvestables much easier than having to travel to those worlds.

Here are some interior shots of the house:

Screenshot-15_zpszp43d5cs.jpg
    Screenshot-17_zpsr6c6v33s.jpg
    Screenshot-21_zpsvs73818g.jpg
    Screenshot-25_zps06iibzd7.jpg
    Screenshot-26_zpsroip0pbl.jpg
    Screenshot-30_zpsnyicx8zy.jpg
    Screenshot-23_zps5pfdd1ed.jpg

There is a large attic space that you could expand into more rooms if you choose to convert it to a home. :)

The best part of this house is coming up in next post. :smiley:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    As you know this manor is now a museum well a few of the areas of the house have been left unexplored by the staff due to what seems like magical seals on certain doors. This door here for example is unable to be opened or at least seems like it cant be opened. :wink:

Screenshot-28_zpsrj0qmytb.jpg

Maybe the plaque near it has a clue for how to open it? :wink:

Yi Hyeon was able to find her way past that door and discovered there was soooo much more to this house than meets the eye.

Screenshot-36_zps5sdzgszp.jpg
    Screenshot-37_zpsu43fvuna.jpg
    Screenshot-38_zpsm1fz86zg.jpg

This room here was inspired by the wizard chess from Harry Potter.

Screenshot-39_zpsesd3kbgx.jpg

Thats all I'm going to show off of this part of the manor though. Don't want to give away how to get through it or show off too much of the surprises. Make sure to read any plaque you see on the walls. Some are just story info on the house but others are keys to certain things or guide you to where you need to go in the adventure. :smile:

One more gift coming in a day or two and one I think you will really really enjoy. :smiley:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    For your final gift this is something that I think that you will really enjoy as we have talked about you wanting one of these for quite a while. :)

I present Boardwalk at the Beach:

Boardwalk%20Cover%20Photo_zpsomqc3gp1.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9011384

This was an interesting project as most EA worlds don't have lots that go over water so I wanted to make something that would work in a larger variety of worlds. I went with building this on "The Sandy Beach" in Sunlit Tides. Any 40 by 40 lot near water would work nicely.

Screenshot-42_zpshdqfdlp3.jpg

I had plans for a roller coaster but it just didn't fit nicely on the lot and made it look cluttered so I opted to go with carousel over looking the water instead.

Screenshot-54_zpsmnua2znw.jpg
    Screenshot-72_zpsc8ilyppv.jpg
    Screenshot-47_zpsupacc2ul.jpg
    Screenshot-45_zpsrnfziirz.jpg
    Screenshot-49_zpstrrilbpf.jpg

There are lots of activities to do in the boardwalk including an arcade, cafe, toy store/comic book store. Will see more about the activities in the next post.

A note: There are effect machines in the arcade and around the mechanical bull. The arcade ones are set to fog and the mechanical bull ones are set to fire in the screenshots. There is also some stage lights and gobos on the lot that need to be turned on.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I tried to include activities for sims of all ages. Like with a little spring rider splash pad for the kids and toddlers.

Screenshot-67_zpsstgv6otp.jpg

Various carnival games and snacks:

Screenshot-58_zpscjo6um6h.jpg
    Screenshot-59_zps5ijuog0e.jpg
    Screenshot-61_zpsahtyevsd.jpg
    Screenshot-62_zps65oqbw7k.jpg
    Screenshot-73_zps0vl8vdjv.jpg

There is an old school arcade:

Screenshot-63_zpsk6lmuj2m.jpg

Cafe that sells coffees, baked goods and nectar and has a roof top dining area:

Screenshot-66_zpsuynisfxm.jpg
    Screenshot-75_zpsrx7skbxt.jpg

Toyshop that has the toy machine and sells comic books:

Screenshot-68_zpsw4y7kh8r.jpg
    Screenshot-69_zpsoo5rzsdf.jpg

And to end off the this tour a nice night shot of the boardwalk in full swing.

Screenshot-71_zpsncsmqq2p.jpg

(I always forget about the fact that we can make kites at the toy machine, so thought id include a shot of sim sims using those at the boardwalk)

It has been really fun being your buddy and I hope you enjoy having these in your game.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited November 2016
    Oh I love her! she's so cute and will make a great pairing for one of the young ones I have but since it hinted there be, competition will have to wait and see :P and you know me so well to give her Korean descent as I do <3 k-pop

Can't wait to see what else is in store for her!

oh also i'd like my piece of cake you didn't eat it while waiting did you?
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    What a lovely sim!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Yi Hyeon is beautiful and will be a lot of fun to play, whether in current times or in the future!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    she's perfect! Looking forward to seeing the competition and what happens next!
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    I just <3 your sims :) And she is so perfect for Cm!
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    beautiful sim!
  • Options
    The Mystic Ladies (sounds like a GREAT name for a sim band!) will bring marvelously magical moments to one's game! Such an interesting trio of personalities... easy to wonder whether there will be calm or clashing in their household. Might just have to find out for myself ;)
  • Options
    @catdog123 OMG!! Mystic household <3<3<3 Sonya makes me want to keep my teenage sim a teenager a little longer, he's a pretty good sim but I think Sonya will get him into some trouble I <3 it! Ideas are forming for them >:)

I <3 playing with musicians and singers in sims but to get a sim that plays the guitar and is a singer AMAZING!! <3 Tammie!

and OMG the elf! where do I start...She's blue! <3 I love that you made her a snow elf so you could use blue :wink:

Lastly you were right Seung Yi has some tough competition cause I mean, Mystic household, fairies and witches no more needs to be said I think.

I <3 them so much!
  • Options
    Nice looking sims with a great backstory.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Catdog123 - Yi Hyeon and the Mystic Ladies are amazing - love their poses! REC'D!!
  • Options
    @catdog123 OMG! OMG!...I <3 the manor! I can't wait till I get a chance to download it and play omg!....you know your going to get tons of pics right? :P
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    OHEMFLIPPINGEE! @Catdog123 - Thornheart Manor <3 love it, love it, luuuuuuuuuuuurve it! REC'D!
  • Options
    What a great gift! You really outdid yourself on this one. It's truly awesome.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @cmbaker16 I'm so happy you are liking your gifts so far. :) And bring on the pics, I love seeing pictures of people using the stuff I make. :smiley:
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Lol I second whatever it was Arica said lol <3
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    All four of those women are beautiful. I love the idea of a snow elf! These four are going to help populate one of my worlds, sometime soon.

That manor is intriguing; I'm going to have to steal borrow it as well so I can explore it. :)
  • Options
    Thornheart Manor is masterfully done! The furnishings, the decor and the way you used the color palette & lighting definitely evokes a feeling that this building has been around for years. Even knowing some of the bits going on with this building was exciting in itself, but seeing them in your wonderful pictures takes it to a whole 'nother level, my friend. Have gotta go and explore every nook & cranny.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @Catdog123 As always, the most stunning sims, love them all. I would sometimes like to crawl into your build and explore them myself. Amazing as always. :)