Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bookworm742 - Please come inside :)

XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
edited November 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting

Comments

• XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited November 2016
    Your first gift is a house I made for the family I will show you in a little bit :smile:

This is Heureux Haven

It's built for a 30x30 lot; 2 bedroom + a nursery, 1.5 bathroom.

e63tyb.jpg

Heureux Haven comes landscaped, including a gazebo:

av2cuu.jpg

And a gardening plot:

9iejpt.jpg

rjpf2h.jpg

It's a nice place to raise children :smile:

e1doqd.jpg

Here is the living room area:

w7jzuu.jpg

Sims can keep warm by the fire while enjoying each other's company, maybe with a bit of lovely music in the background...

Here is the kitchen:

11l6dna.jpg

And the dining area:

2liz9mp.jpg

Half bathroom:

2d6o1p4.jpg

Full bathroom:

qp5g8i.jpg

The first bedroom, which can sleep two sims easily:

dqt0lg.jpg

And the other bedroom:

2en3myu.jpg

And here is the nursery:

33o5j5v.jpg

The attic has been converted into an artist's studio:

1z3w952.jpg

And there is a hidden room perfect for magical endeavors

20f5nwp.jpg

Just a note, I'm not sure if it's just me, but my testing keeps showing that the hidden door bookcase only sometimes works...If it doesn't, going into build mode and putting in another seems to usually fix the problem, or if you'd rather, you could also just delete the bookcase and go for a traditional door :smile:

I hope that you like it :smile:
    Post edited by XxHannelorexX on
    edited November 2016
    The second gift I made for you is a story; it was a little ambitious on my part because I have next to experience, but I had a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy the finished product :smile: Sorry, no download link for this yet because spoilers :wink:

Chapter One:

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Adrienne. She lived alone with her mother, Rosemarie.

282428m.jpg

apael3.jpg

The two of them had never gotten along particularly well; Rosemarie was a prim and proper lady who never seemed to have much time for her daughter. Sometimes, Adrienne even feared that her mother didn’t like her. She didn’t have much to base this on; it was just that sometimes…

Sometimes Rosemarie looked at her like she didn’t quite trust her. Adrienne didn’t know why this might be; after all, she didn’t think she was a particularly naughty child. Betty Hammond, the little girl across the street, was much naughtier than she; she rang neighbours’ doorbells for no reason and stepped on people’s flowerbeds!

In comparison, Adrienne felt that she was really very well behaved indeed. She listened respectfully to her mother. She made her bed, and washed the dishes, and did her homework.

9to8x0.jpg

So…why couldn’t she shake this awful feeling that no matter what she did, Rosemarie would never think she was good enough?

Adrienne was a very quiet child. She never even invited children from school round to her home because she was afraid they might dirty the carpet or something; then Rosemarie would really have something to be mad about! So she shied away from the kids at school.

34nm6no.jpg

On her way to her bedroom one night, Adrienne passed the lone bookshelf on the second floor. Hmm, perhaps she would find something new to read. She had always liked reading; if good little children were better seen and not heard as her mother always said, then reading was the perfect activity for staying in Rosemarie’s good books. But by now, Adrienne had read just about every book in their library on the first floor of the house, which meant that the only new options were on the dusty, upstairs bookshelf. Maybe there was something good there?

So Adrienne stood in front of the bookshelf and reached for a book at random, when suddenly-!

acxyqp.jpg

2irrton.jpg

It was a secret room! Immediately forgetting the day’s incidents, Adrienne walked inside and looked around the newly discovered room with awe. Who would have ever thought there was something like this in their house?! She wondered if her mother knew…

Maybe, maybe not. But somehow she suspected her mother would not approve of this dusty little room with its funny machines…

28b88dw.jpg

Oohhh…what was that?

10yp0kz.jpg

As if drawn by some unseen force, Adrienne found herself reaching for what looked like a plastic stick. And then-!
    When she picked it up, she felt different. There was something very special about this room and Adrienne had no intention of her mother finding out it was here. Stealthily slipping the stick into her skirt pocket, Adrienne slipped out of the room, the seemingly normal bookshelf closing behind her quietly.

Ever since she had picked up the strange stick, Adrienne had begun to feel very strange indeed, but it was an exciting sort of strange! She felt oddly powerful, a foreign feeling to the lonely, anxious little girl.

One day, everything came to a head when bizarre sparks flew out of Adrienne’s fingers. Finally, it struck her; this was no ordinary stick; this was a wand, like the stuff in fairy-tales!

3148b3s.jpg

There weren’t many, if any, witches in Sunset Valley, in fact, there weren’t many for miles around. The only supernatural sims Adrienne knew of in this town were a fairy family; their little boy was in her class and he had a beautiful pair of emerald wings which were very pretty to watch when he flew around the playground at recess. But a witch was unheard of here. After all, it was genetic and there seemed to be no witch families around-!

Maybe her father, whom Adrienne had never seen before, had been one. In fact, that made sense to her; after all, how could her mother possibly hide something as big as being able to use magic from her all her life? No, if there were magic genes in her family tree, it was almost definitely on her father’s side.

For the first time in a long time, Adrienne felt tremendously excited! She regularly practiced her magic in the secret room; she had found a book of spells near the alchemy station and had decided that she would learn on her own. There was a talent show at school coming up at the end of the year; maybe if she practiced very hard, she would dazzle all the kids at school with her magical abilities! And then her mother would surely be proud of her!

So Adrienne practiced and practiced. She spent most of her time hiding in the spare room. Rosemarie had never paid much attention to her daughter anyway, so nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

But Adrienne always kept her precious wand with her at all times, hidden in a pocket or inside her schoolbag. Every now and again, she would sneakily practice a little when she was all alone on the playground during recess.

Until one day…

Adrienne was waiting impatiently for Rosemarie to pick her up from school. She wanted very much to get home as soon as possible because as soon as she finished her homework she would have time to practice that fun looking fire spell she had seen in the spell book. Now that would definitely impress at the talent show!

While she was waiting, she couldn’t resist taking out her wand and conjuring a few little lights…

wjyp8p.jpg

fumagi.jpg

Mesmerised; they were so pretty; Adrienne didn’t even notice her mother park the car and walk towards her.

“Adrienne! What do you think you’re doing?!” The shrill voice of her furious mother snapped her out of her daze, and the little girl beamed.

“Mother, I was going to wait until the talent show to tell you, but guess what! I can use magic!” Adrienne was practically jumping for joy, waiting for the dawn of recognition to appear on her mother’s face, and the inevitable praise for such an amazing feat.

But…things didn’t quite work out that way…

qxmgkx.jpg

Her mother stared at her with what could only be described as horror and disgust. “I thought he might have passed that on to you.” Rosemarie’s voice radiated rage and vitriol, and she sneered at her daughter. “But I had hoped it wasn’t the case.”

1zew6er.jpg

2u73khl.jpg

Adrienne found herself trembling and tears pooled in her eyes. Could it be? Were witches terrible, terrible sims? Was she some kind of monster?

Rosemarie shook her finger at her daughter. “If I ever catch you playing with magic again, I’ll…I’ll…” She struggled to finish her threat, finally deciding on a single well-aimed glare.

“B-But, mother…what’s wrong with magic?” poor Adrienne stammered timidly.

At this, Rosemarie seemed to fly into an even deeper rage. “You can’t possibly think that it could ever be a good thing! Sims have gotten hurt, or worse, thanks to playing around with that stuff!” The woman trembled as violently as her daughter but it was with rage. Rosemarie snapped, “throw that awful thing away and get in the car! I don’t ever want to catch you trying anything like that ever again,” storming off as she did so.

Adrienne’s knees wobbled and she stared at her wand. A single tear fell and she covered her face, immediately filled with shame.

15e70x0.jpg

She considered doing what her mother said. After all, if a witch was bad, Adrienne didn’t want to be one…right…?
    But in the end…

She couldn’t do it. She tucked the wand safely away, hidden from sight, and felt anger beginning to bubble through her. What was wrong with her powers? Maybe her mother didn’t know everything after all; Adrienne knew that magic could be used for good things. She scrambled into the car and didn’t say a word the entire ride home. Inside though, she was thinking plenty…

“Mother must have always been suspicious of whether or not I was a witch. She would never have thought me good enough because I might have been one. Well fine, mother. You think I’m a bad girl? I’ll be a bad girl!”

So Rosemarie found herself dealing with a very different child from then on. Her previously docile, dutiful daughter seemed to be going through her rebellious phase years too early! Adrienne skipped school, ignored her homework, and turned into a notorious prankster.

hvwe9w.jpg

2r4it4y.jpg

6z4qbq.jpg

Rosemarie spent most of her parenting life scolding her daughter and ranting about the dangers of witches, obviously hoping to dissuade her daughter from getting in touch with the magical side of herself. But Adrienne became more and more obstinate, and she refused to believe her mother’s cruel words. No, she was beginning to see that mothers didn’t always have all the answers!

34q9q4h.jpg

Adrienne spent most of her life in the secret room, practicing her magic. When she wasn’t in there, she was sneaking outside to practice it, usually breaking curfew to do so.

By the time she was sixteen years old, Adrienne had become a mirror opposite of her younger self. She was a sullen loner who was usually skulking off to be alone with her magic, happily disobeying her mother at every turn. Unwilling to discover that there might be other sims as cruel as her own mother, Adrienne made every effort to stay friendless and alone. Rosemarie would certainly not be the only one who didn’t like magic.

But unbeknownst to her, she was going to meet somebody who had very different views on magic than her mother did…
    edited November 2016
    Chapter 2

As the years went by, Adrienne had spent most of her time on one thing: Her precious magic. Even though her relationship with her mother had soured exponentially, Adrienne knew that she just couldn’t ignore this part of herself; she enjoyed her magic. And yes, she had become aware that magic was something which had been used for ill-gotten gains in the past; perhaps that was why her mother hated it so much. Maybe her father had not been a very good person.

Adrienne would never find out for sure, but she did not care. Because she knew that magic was also something which could be used for good. And despite her antics, Adrienne still did not think that she was a truly bad sim. She skipped school and she broke curfew and she played pranks, but it was all very harmless, really. Deep down she knew that she didn’t want to use her magic for the wrong reasons. She would never ever hurt anyone. She had her eye on the spells which helped, rather than harmed and would never stop trying to learn them.

Perhaps if she had stressed her feelings on the subject to her mother, Adrienne and Rosemarie would have had a better relationship. Instead, her mother had gradually stopped acting like any kind of mother at all and generally left her daughter to her own devices. As long as Adrienne didn’t do anything too terrible, like attempt to torch the school (that Betty Hammond really hadn’t improved with age…), Rosemarie had given up on trying to convince her daughter that she was in the wrong.

At this point, the two were more like strangers who lived in the same house…

tN9OMjF.jpg

One day, Adrienne was practicing her magic in a secluded grove. Very few sims ever made their way here, which was really their loss because it was very pretty. Adrienne always felt happy and at peace surrounded by the beautiful plants; it was the perfect place to practice her magic because she had realised calmness helped her focus enough to use her magic well. When she was tense around her mother, sometimes she felt a little too out of control for her liking, so a place like this was perfect!

TwXIZBz.jpg

Aahh…She loved it here. It was the perfect place to feel at one with her magic. After the awkward, sad encounters with her mother, this was the ideal place to relax and recharge.

Adrienne closed her eyes and took a deep breath, a smile playing at the corners of her lips, until…

“Oh! Wow!”

Startled, Adrienne nearly dropped her wand; few people even knew about this place! She turned to see a teenage boy around her age, watching her.

06K1UH6.jpg

“H-How long have you been watching me?” Adrienne tried to sound angry and tough but her voice broke as her mother’s taunts about witches filled her mind and she braced herself for less than flattering comments.

He grinned at her. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you. I was just so impressed; I wish I could do magic like that. It’s so cool!”

Now that had been unexpected. True, Adrienne had never heard anyone in Sunset Valley saying nasty things about magic, but there had always been the fear that they would if they got too close to her…Was this boy serious? Or was he teasing her? She appraised him silently and carefully, searching for any hint of malice in his otherwise sweet smile. But there was none.

“My name is Campbell. I just moved to Sunset Valley.” He stuck out his hand for a handshake.

After hesitating for a brief moment, Adrienne finally allowed a smile and reached out to shake. “I’m Adrienne. It’s nice to meet you.”

Campbell really did seem like quite the supernatural fan; a polar opposite of her mother.
    He was an outdoors enthusiast who adored gardening and anything supernatural. And he was her biggest fan.

cITFc2B.jpg

Adrienne and Campbell were soon spending a lot of time together. The whole experience of having a friend felt very strange to Adrienne; sometimes she could scarcely believe that somebody thought she was so special, that she wasn’t some kind of horrible monster like Rosemarie had implied.

The two spent all the time together they could, both in and out of school, and when they had graduated, it would be of little to no surprise when they started dating.

Their first kiss was at the place they had first met.

BgvgCSq.jpg

And Adrienne felt like the happiest sim in Sunset Valley...
    edited November 2016
    Chapter 3

On their two year anniversary, Campbell decided to make an extra special memory at the glade…

ruyvdk5.jpg

Adrienne jumped up and down in excitement; there was no question in her mind that this was the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. This man had come into her life and taught her that she was a special sim with value. Her own mother could despise Adrienne all she wanted; Adrienne swore she would never again be hurt by her mother’s ugly words.

“Yes, Campbell! Oh, a thousand time yes!”

IVp1uJH.jpg

pRMT7y1.jpg

Adrienne brought Campbell home to meet her mother. She didn’t have the faintest idea how her mother would react; Campbell was a nice young man, yes, but he wasn’t exactly the type of sim most parents dreamed their children would marry. He was passionate about gardening; something which was unlikely to make a fortune, and wasn’t particularly high up in social circles. And truth be told, Rosemarie had always been a bit of a snob…

Then again, given the relationship the mother and daughter had, it was entirely possible that Rosemarie would be indifferent to her daughter marrying at all.

With some trepidation, Adrienne invited Campbell over for dinner. And she almost fell out of her chair when her mother greeted him with open arms!

8mKwO6p.jpg

Well! That was one problem averted; evidently, Rosemarie approved wholeheartedly of her future son-in-law.

Campbell had known for some time that Rosemarie could be a difficult woman to get along with, but he had hoped that to make life easier for his future wife, Rosemarie wouldn’t make difficulties about Adrienne marrying a man like him. He had always been a friendly sim, and there was no awkwardness at all that night.

LHzi0mN.jpg

Rosemarie spent the majority of the evening discussion gardening with Campbell, until the subject of the wedding came up.

“Have you set a date yet?”

“Not yet, but we’d like for it to be sometime very soon.” Campbell smiled at Adrienne who was still rather incapacitated from shock at seeing her mother take so readily to someone.

“Yes, very soon,” Adrienne agreed.

She was less than happy when her mother insisted that the two of them move in to this house. A married adult and still living with her mother?! No way! And to live with this particular mother? Absolutely not!

Campbell smiled politely and said it was a very nice gesture.

Later, when the two of them were alone, Campbell almost caused their first fight as a couple.

“It’s not the worst of ideas. It’s quite a big house, and we could save a lot of money to buy a nice place of our own if we stay here instead of moving out immediately,” he tried to convince her.

Adrienne frowned. “Campbell, you of all people know why it is extremely difficult to live with my mother! I have wanted to get out of this place for years! Besides, we could afford a place; you know I’ve been saving up from my part-time job at the bookstore in high school.”

“But it’s still not enough for a house deposit; we would have to rent a really shabby place,” he argued. “And you know that neither of us are likely to be big earners for some time. My gardening is going to take some time to really get set up.”

Adrienne knew that it would be practical…but she still didn’t like it.

“We don’t need a big mansion, Campbell. I just want to live with you!”

Campbell reached out to entwine her hand with his. “And I just want to live with you. But…I really think it’s the best solution. It won’t be forever. She even said I could use that nice, big patch in the garden which would really help with growing enough to make a profit. And you have your favourite room to keep practicing magic. You’ll have more time to keep practicing so you can find that cure you’ve always wanted to find if you don’t have to do so many hours working a day job.”

Adrienne sighed. “Fine. I guess we could try it for a little while. You’ll probably act as a great buffer and she’ll stop getting on my case about my magic, anyway…”

Campbell stroked her hair. “Are we okay?” He smiled at her.

Rolling her eyes, Adrienne nodded and smiled. “Yeah. We’re okay.”

It wasn’t how she had thought it would go, but it would make things easier financially on the two of them. And at least it meant that they could spend a reasonable amount of money on the wedding, rather than a quick ceremony at city hall.

D2FLc1c.jpg

ThQS40h.jpg

The wedding went according to plan, and there was little awkwardness with Rosemarie, despite Adrienne finally figuring out why her mother had been so pleased with her daughter’s choice in a husband.

It shouldn’t really have come as a surprise but it had still stung; apparently Rosemarie had just been thrilled that her daughter was marrying a “normal” sim, instead of another witch. And in Rosemarie’s hurtfully unsubtle words, “Your children will probably be humans too, which is good.”

Adrienne had been so angry initially, she had almost uninvited her mother from the wedding. How dare Rosemarie imply that a witch son-in-law would be something to be ashamed of! And worse, how could that nasty woman say that human children would be better than witch children! Adrienne seethed, thinking that if she and Campbell ever did have children, she would make sure that they understood that they were perfect and loved, human or supernatural.

By now, Adrienne had figured out that her father had hurt her mother quite badly. But sympathetic as Adrienne was, she was not sympathetic enough to give her mother a free pass to be nasty to supernatural sims. As soon as Rosemarie was back to being her usual self, causing hurt to anyone in their family be it Adrienne herself, her husband, or any future children, Rosemarie could consider herself out of Adrienne’s life entirely.

Adrienne and Campbell went to Champs Le Sims for the honeymoon.

SRIdXaA.jpg

Both felt wonderfully relaxed by the time they got back home. And Rosemarie seemed happier than ever; Adrienne was beginning to feel like maybe, just maybe, her relationship with her mother could heal. But only time would tell.

hEEi33h.jpg

It wasn’t long before Adrienne found herself sharing very happy news with Campbell…

At first, she had been a little concerned that she had been eating too much of that delicious food Campbell made with his freshly grown ingredients.

fMAeIQE.jpg

This was a much happier alternative!

R8hFLCr.jpg

It was a surprise to both of them, but Adrienne and Campbell were both thrilled anyway.

Rosemarie was excited too, but she learned very quickly that any talk of the baby turning out to be a witch being a bad thing was a no-go. Both Adrienne and Campbell had stressed that Rosemarie could kiss any chances of being a grandmother goodbye if she behaved the way she had when Adrienne was younger...

Both Adrienne and Campbell wanted nothing more than for their future child to have a safe and happy upbringing, and hoped that there would be no problems with Rosemarie.

edited November 2016
    Chapter 4

Several months later, little Celeste joined the family, and both Adrienne and Campbell were instantly enchanted.

WvpMYXI.jpg

Rosemarie made no comments about witch genetics, but Adrienne knew that she was secretly wondering if her grandchild would eventually learn magic.

Adrienne hoped that her mother would be wise enough to keep her mouth shut and not show any evidence of disappointment if Celeste turned out to be more witch than human. Because she knew exactly how it felt to feel ostracized and alone, and she was determined that her daughter would never feel that way.

But the close quarters with her mother was beginning to wear away at Adrienne. Campbell had been right; they were saving quite a bit of money and would soon be ready to move out into a wonderful place of their own. But Adrienne was seriously beginning to doubt if the payoff was worth it because the relationship between her and Rosemarie had become increasingly strained; it was disappointing to all, because for a little while, things seemed like they had already improved and there was hope that this would continue.

Adrienne’s magic skill had really improved, but the one thing she still struggled with immensely was the ability to control it when her emotions were getting the better of her. Her hot-headedness was a real problem/ And right now, her mother was beginning to make her feel just as she had in Adrienne’s youth, and Adrienne found herself finding it more and more difficult to keep a calm head and refrain from exploding in her mother's face.

It wasn’t anything much; mostly snide little comments but Adrienne was really beginning to resent Rosemarie again.
    Campbell tried to mediate, but there was only so much he could do.

It all came to a head one awful day, when Rosemarie passed Adrienne practicing her spells in the secret room. Rosemarie had, surprisingly, never learnt of the little room’s existence; the lack of window had meant it was far from obvious.
    Witnessing her daughter’s magic with her own eyes, however, she couldn’t help the tirade of witch rants, and some extremely hurtful things were said…

kq50dJs.jpg

Adrienne trembled with rage and a screaming match between the two of them quickly ensued as loosely bottled-up emotions exploded. Utterly furious, Adrienne stormed out of the room, heading for the nursery.

“You hateful creature!” she called behind her. “I don’t have to listen to this and I’m not going to expose Celeste to it, either! Campbell and I are moving out tonight and you can’t stop us. You’ll never see any of us again!”

At this threat, Rosemarie followed her daughter, and instead of attempting to make peace, said even uglier things.

On the first floor of the house, Campbell heard this with a sinking heart and immediately raced for the stairs. Things had been bad lately, but he hadn’t quite realized how bad. Hoping to mend fences once and for all, he tore upstairs and headed for the nursery; instead, he was greeted by a sight which made his heart leap into his throat.

The nursery was on fire!

YJEl3St.jpg

Horror gripped him. “What happened?!” he shouted above the roar of the flames. Celeste was crying.

His wife stared at the flames as if she couldn’t quite understand what was happening.

Rosemarie pointed at her daughter and screamed, “it was her magic! She set the nursery on fire; I told you not to play with magic. I TOLD YOU!”

“I didn’t mean to! Oh, I didn’t mean to!” Campbell swept up Celeste in his arms and handed her to Rosemarie who tore out of the room for safety.

By now the situation appeared to have struck Adrienne. She pulled out her wand, desperate. But magic couldn’t quell these flames, even though it had started them. Adrienne's power had really grown as of late, and now, witnessing the destruction with her own eyes, was too shaken up to conjure a powerful enough spell to stop the fire.

adypnC2.jpg

Ordinary science prevailed when Campbell pulled out the fire extinguisher.

EkDTS3x.jpg

“Campbell, I didn’t mean to. I was just so angry, I couldn’t control myself,” Adrienne wept. “It was an accident; it was her fault for-”

“IT WAS YOUR FAULT!” He couldn’t stop himself now. He had always loved the magical side of his wife, but suddenly it seemed a terribly burden of power. “If you can’t control yourself, you…you shouldn’t use it!”

Adrienne’s temper flared. “You knew I didn’t want to be here! I told you how much I was struggling living with her!”

“So you set the place on fire?” he snapped.

“NO! You know I would never hurt anyone with my magic, least of all my own daughter!”

cTGN3Ug.jpg

Unable to stop himself, Campbell said, “But you did. And who’s to say it won’t happen again?”

Adrienne stared at her husband, speechless. Finally, she said softly, “So…you really do think like her. You really do think I’m some kind of monster-”

“No!” Campbell desperately wanted to take back this entire conversation. “No, I just-” Campbell’s protest landed on deaf ears.

“No, Campbell. She was right; you’re right. I’m too dangerous. I can’t even keep my daughter safe. I should leave.”

At that, Adrienne turned to leave the room.

“Adrienne, no, please, I didn’t-” Campbell reached for her shoulder but she recoiled and sprinted away.

“Leave me alone, Campbell! I can’t do this; Celeste will be safer if you raise her by yourself,” Adrienne called over her shoulder, a sob erupting from her throat.

Unable to stop her, Campbell watched as his wife walked away and out of his life.

s6T3oP9.jpg

edited November 2016
    Chapter 5

Campbell spent the better part of the next several years as a single parent. He had tried in vain to contact his wife, but had been unable to get any response as from a handwritten, untraceable, letter in the letterbox. It was short. "I'm so sorry for everything. I know you will be the best parent Celeste could ever hope for."

He didn’t even know if she was still in Sunset Valley. If she was, she was doing an excellent job of hiding herself away.

It came as a complete shock to Campbell to witness his mother-in-law’s behavior after the fire. Rosemarie was practically a changed woman who had come to deeply regret the part she had played in the incident. By now, she had come to realize how badly she had treated her own daughter. Unfortunately, she didn’t know if she would ever be able to put things right.
    Perhaps in part as an attempt at atonement, Rosemarie set out to be the best grandmother in all of Sunset Valley. She helped Campbell raise Celeste as well as they could, and the little girl grew up quickly before their eyes.

3aq9IVc.jpg

Determined not to make the same mistake twice, Rosemarie was surprisingly insistent upon telling Celeste about her mother’s magical powers. This way, if she did show any indication of witch in her blood, there would be no surprise or panic, and Celeste would be better able to learn how to focus her magical skills without the fear of her family demonizing her for it.

And while Celeste did, very quickly, make it clear to both her father and her grandmother that she was more than capable of magical powers, it seemed it didn’t really interest her. From an early age, Celeste had become passionate about all things artistic, and the attic was renovated into a studio for her to practice.

WcW1rUU.jpg

It seemed like only a matter of weeks had passed when Celeste turned sixteen. Although it saddened her that mother was no longer in her life, she had grown up to be a happy, well-adjusted child, if a little on the shy side. Although she tried not to let it show for her family’s sake, she did very much wish that Adrienne would return. Having been told exactly what happened the day Adrienne left (Rosemarie, to her credit, had not minimized her own part in the sad affair), she harbored no resentment towards her, and hoped that her mother would give them all a chance to welcome her back into the family.

SunCTcd.jpg

And then…

It happened. Like magic, Adrienne appeared out of the blue one day, and when Rosemarie answered the door, mother and daughter did nothing but stare at each other for some time, each clearly unsure of how to proceed after years of separation.

h2yzGqr.jpg

When Adrienne asked tentatively, “How is Celeste?”, Rosemarie broke out into a smile and assured her that Celeste was more than okay. And then, Adrienne found herself smiling back.

For the first in what was probably forever, they were having a talk, a nice talk that wasn’t punctuated by snide comments or shouts. They even laughed together when Rosemarie brought up a few funny (and possibly embarrassing…) memories of Celeste in her younger years.

nWCgItm.jpg

Their talk was interrupted when Celeste raced out the front door at top speed, having spotted the two from her bedroom window.

Both Adrienne and Rosemarie turned to watch her, and Celeste wasted no time in staring Adrienne square in the eyes as she asked, “Is it you? It’s you, isn’t it?”

Adrienne didn’t quite know how to address her daughter after such a long time, and all she did was nod and stare at her suddenly very grown-up daughter with a tiny smile playing at the corners of her mouth.

itkcK37.jpg

In the ensuing silence, Rosemarie stepped away to give the two some space, and suddenly Adrienne didn’t know how to behave.

In the end, she settled for a simple, “I’m so sorry.”

When Celeste moved towards her at lightning speed, Adrienne thought a moment her daughter was about to slap her. Until…

pjalNHa.jpg

“I’m so glad you’re here,” Celeste murmured. “Are you…are you going to stay?”

A lump choked her throat, but Adrienne managed to whisper, “If you’ll have me.”

Her daughter squeezed tighter. “Of course we will!”

Adrienne had her doubts about her husband. How could he possibly forgive her absence? But as it turned out, she need never have worried. When Campbell finally checked to see what all the commotion was about, he reached out to her.

b82pWW9.jpg

There would be much to talk about (and apologise for), but it actually seemed that things would heal. Like the last piece in a puzzle, Adrienne’s arrival had made them all feel like a whole family again.

9m3xCTN.jpg

THE END.

edited November 2016
    You can download the Belrose family here, either with or without house :smile:

Belrose family: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010403
    Belrose family with home: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9010404

Since I uploaded as a household, I am hoping they kept all the items in their inventory and their skills, but if something got messed up, please let me know and I will try to fix it for you :smile:

Here is a breakdown of each sim in the family:

Rosemarie Mallory:
    - Faves: French, Cobbler, Blue
    - Traits: Loner, Commitment Issues, Grumpy, Supernatural Skeptic, Proper (and apparently she spent waaaaay too much time playing on her computer because Genius got added without my noticing until it was too late! Maybe she can help provide for the family by using her newfound brains to solve those crazy puzzles?! :wink: )
    - LTW: Swimming in Cash (achieved because of the house, so she can now spent all her time doing whatever she/you want :smile:

PSrZwKE.jpg
    y82JzcX.jpg
    1y43fDZ.jpg
    WtP0ded.jpg
    Kd9n2c2.jpg
    zTGhdEp.jpg

Adrienne Belrose:
    - Faves: Dark Wave, Fruit Parfait, Lilac
    - Traits: Rebellious, Brooding, Loves the Outdoors, Dramatic, Hot-Headed
    - LTW: Mystic Healer
    - Skills: Magic (since it's not in the list of skills, I'm afraid I can't tell you how much, sorry! I've never maxed out witch skills before but I would image at least halfway)
    - Inventory: Essence of Magic, Iridescent Wand

zkbfPOl.jpg
    RSwCXXz.jpg
    jYb07yn.jpg
    WTB6fPj.jpg
    bKF2Q1z.jpg
    Baz36Zv.jpg

Campbell Belrose:
    - Faves: Classical, Ratatouille, Green
    - Traits: Supernatural Fan, Loves the Outdoors, Gatherer, Green Thumb, Friendly
    - LTW: The Perfect Garden
    - Skills: 3 cooking, 8 gardening
    - Inventory: Bottled witches brew, Potent cure elixir (if you want to make him a witch, you can do so, and I included a cure just in case you either change your mind or want to change Adrienne or Celeste)

ggZU7du.jpg
    yzp8MPm.jpg
    BXsKh0q.jpg
    0M7oiM2.jpg
    jkyPPxK.jpg

Celeste Belrose:
    - Faves:Dark Wave, Firecracker Tofu, Lilac
    - Traits: Shy, Good, Perfectionist, Artist
    - LTW: None yet, so you can choose whatever you wish :smile:
    - Skills: 6 painting
    - Inventory: Essence of magic, some paintings she did as a child and as a teen

Che6uCd.jpg
    T68YGtY.jpg
    E2SU9av.jpg
    XRrGuru.jpg
    u2mYkvW.jpg
    QdHPhYq.jpg

I hope you enjoy the Belrose family :smile:
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Heureux Haven is a wonderful home for a family or family-to-be! Lovely curb appeal that doesn't stop at the curb. The gazebo is pretty and sure to be enjoyed by the sims who live here. <3 the color palette and furnishings used... everything is so comfortable and inviting looking :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    This is a very elegant home! I love the exterior and interior colors and decor items.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    What a lovely home! I particularly love how warm and welcoming the furnishings and colors are.

I LOVE that gazebo! Such a tiny little place for Sims to go to sit and read. :)

Your landscaping is beautiful. You do such clever things that I wouldn't even have thought of!
  • fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    Beautiful Home! really like the color scheme. I haven't thought to use the hidden door in my builds, but I may have to give it a try.
    What a lovely home! I particularly love how warm and welcoming the furnishings and colors are.

I LOVE that gazebo! Such a tiny little place for Sims to go to sit and read. :)

Your landscaping is beautiful. You do such clever things that I wouldn't even have thought of!

Thank you! Ah, I have always wanted a gazebo in RL; good thing I can live vicariously through my sims, huh? :wink:
    fleshjenn wrote: »
    Beautiful Home! really like the color scheme. I haven't thought to use the hidden door in my builds, but I may have to give it a try.

Thank you :)

I love the bookcase door, but it can be so frustrating when sims suddenly decide they can't get in. Like, what do you mean you can't open it?! It worked just fine before XD
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I love the story! Poor Adrienne. :cry: I can't wait to read more!
  • DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    A very, very lovely house. And a very sweet and lovely young girl! But that mother... mmmfffhhh, I wanna tell her off!
    I hope that Adrienne keeps being herself, regardless of what her mother thinks. Because I think she's a sweetheart!
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    I'm with DQ, I have a few words to say to Rosemarie about her "parenting skills". Instead of enjoying the daughter she has, she essentially made her into the very thing she was trying to prevent. So sad :( Am rooting for Adrienne, hoping that she'll stop rebelling and simply be herself ~ a good witch. Looking forward to reading more AND finding about the someone that was hinted at! SIMTASTIC storytelling, Hanne :)
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Awesome story! Love the house and the little family. Interested in seeing Part 2.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Such a gorgeous home. I think I mentioned that on the upload. I love Adrienne and her story. You've done a fantastic job with this!
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Beautiful house Hanne! :) I find if you delete the door and replace it when you place the lot (even from your bin) the door works.

Maybe you don't have much experience telling stories but I couldn't tell. I loved reading about how she discovered she was a witch! There are so many parents out there that don't have time for their children or who don't appreciate their childs talents. I hope that Rosemarie has a change of heart and it's not too late to have a good if not wonderful relationship with Adrienne. Awesome! <3
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Heureux Haven is great! Love the gazebo and the little garden! And it looks like there's plenty of room in the little alchemist supernatural room to add even more things for sims to play with, which is always fun. :) You used lots of furniture/decor pieces I love too! I've run into that problem with the door myself a few times, think I remember reading somewhere that it doesn't like to transfer well over the exchange. Which stinks, cause it's so much fun! I keep telling my husband, if we ever build our own house, there *will* be a secret passage somewhere, lol.

Most intriguing story so far! (Also, love the clothing recolors, and that hair on Adrienne is one of my favorites for the children.) Looking forward to seeing what happens next!
    Oh my goodness! I just posted about this in the main thread but I want to post it here just in case someone noticed and wondered what on earth was going on...

So, I happened to scroll back up and did a double-take because one of the images on the first chapter of the story I posted was definitely NOT the image I had embedded using the code; it was an image I have never even seen before.

I logged into my tinypic account and tried reposting the code thinking I had somehow typed something extra and wrong which made someone else's image show up, but it was still the same strange new image (and by strange, I literally have no idea what I was looking at but it didn't look very nice!) It's also REALLY odd because I looked over that entire post last night before I went to bed and it was the correct pic, so it somehow changed over night. In the end I can't seem to use the pic it used to be (even though it worked just fine before :sweat: ) so deleted it from the story.

Now I'm kind of freaking out that all of the images I've used on tinypic will do the same thing...I'm scared I'm going to check back in several hours and they will have changed into totally different pics.

I'm so sorry; I don't have the faintest idea how that happened :confounded:

I have a job interview today, so I'll be out for awhile, but I do hope to have the next part of the story up for you soon.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @XxHannelorexX - Heureux Haven is stunning - got it rec'd!! And I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of Adrienne and Rosemarie's story!
    I love the story! Poor Adrienne. :cry: I can't wait to read more!

I'm glad you like it :smile:
    DolphineQ wrote: »
    A very, very lovely house. And a very sweet and lovely young girl! But that mother... mmmfffhhh, I wanna tell her off!
    I hope that Adrienne keeps being herself, regardless of what her mother thinks. Because I think she's a sweetheart!

Thank you!

I hope you'll like the rest of the story once it's up :smile: