Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Minimum Tech Specs to Play The Sims 4 at Just Above Medium Quality

Anyone have any recommendations on a PC or Laptop that can run The Sims 4 at slightly higher than medium graphics? Even a specs list for that level would help me in my hunt through the Black Friday Ads. Thank you.

I feel like this could help many people and I mentioned it in my other thread, but I feel that it is a topic outside of that title. I will be hunting through Black Friday and Cyber Monday ads and I will post my findings here in order to help others that are looking to play The Sims on a budget.

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2016
    You really need a computer that meets the recommended requirements. Your looking at $700 and up

$699 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-vr-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-black-blue/5641629.p?skuId=5641629

As far as monitor I would advise getting one on amazon. They are cheaper than other places https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VS228H-P-1920x1080-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B005BZNDOO/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1479136506&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+monitor

This is $851 no tax outside California . It's custom This will survive the whole game. It's a really good price for all the hardware your getting . A Nvidia gtx 965m video card , a 500 gb ssd plus a 1 tb hard drive , 8gb ram and a new intel skylake processor . This link is good for 7 days http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1JAVUW
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    Good luck with your computer hunts! :) It's very nice of you to also post your findings here to help others.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • manzanitayasmanzanitayas Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi
  • manzanitayasmanzanitayas Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi
  • jjenni92jjenni92 Posts: 12 New Member
    First, I want to apologize for reviving my old thread. I am not allowed to create a new thread, but I would really like some advice on the best of three different laptops. They are:
    Asus ROG GL552VW-DH71 Notebook
    -Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ Skylake 2.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.5GHz)
    -Memory: 16GB DDR4 2x8GB each (Max 16 GB)
    -Graphics: NVIDIA GTX960M 2GB GDR5

Alienware 15 R3-0012S
    -Processor: Intel Core i5-6300HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.2GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
    -Memory: 8GB DDR4 at 2133 MHz1x8GB
    -Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5

MSI GP62 6QE LEOPARD PRO
    -Processor: Intel Core i7 6700HQ 2.6-3.5GHz
    -Memory: 8GB DDR4 2133 MHz
    -Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M

These are my only three choices, and I would like to play Sims 4 at slightly above normal quality if at all possible. Thank you in advance for the help, and once again I am sorry for resurrecting my old thread.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would go for the Asus ROG one since it has the i7 processor. The game is processor heavy so it will be good to go with that one. A 960m is good enough for the graphics card side. You should be able to play it on Ultra.

The Alienware has a good graphics card since it's new and a bit more powerful than the 960m but the processor is probably not going to do well with the game.

If you can find a laptop with an i7 6700HQ and a GTX 1060 that will be even better but a 960m should be pretty good for now.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member
    edited January 2017
    If you want to play TS4 at slightly above medium settings, any of these will do. You should even be able to run the game on Ultra with these.

I would personally go for the Asus ROG GL552VW-DH71.
    It has a better processor than the alienware one and twice the memory.
    However, the alienware has a much better Graphics card.
    Alienware laptops seem a bit overpriced so if it's significantly more expensive than the other ones I'd pass on it.

The MSI laptop is good too, but it has the weakest graphics card of the three (even tho it's still more than powerful enough to run the game on high.)

I was hesitating to recommend the alienware laptop even tho it has a really good graphic card because it's generally overpriced and they don't seem to have a good reputation. It's just a brand that I've been told to avoid often, although their products look good on paper. I might try one someday to forge my own opinion of them, but for now that's all I can tell you about this brand. Feel free to consider it or not. :smile: