Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be okay with no new world in EP4?

1235...Next

Comments

• NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I feel like if the EP is pets we need a new world... A new, vast country town with farmlands, a town center, bright sunshine... like apaloosa plains in TS3 I think. There is a lot of style that can come in a world dedicated to pets!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I feel like if the EP is pets we need a new world... A new, vast country town with farmlands, a town center, bright sunshine... like apaloosa plains in TS3 I think. There is a lot of style that can come in a world dedicated to pets!

I agree but not as bright as OS, that place hurts my eyes. I need some shade. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Playing with around 40 households here and using Oasis Springs as my vacation world, so I'm in need of more space. However, I do not want the devs to put energy into something as elaborate as Windenburg or San Myshuno. I'm perfectly okay with just ten more lots on an uninspired grass map and putting the focus on gameplay instead.
  • danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    100% yes! New worlds are lovely and amazing but for certain EPs I would not find them necessary.

Pets I would like a new world for but I believe it could probably go either way? A middle-of-nowhere, farmland type world would be honestly really nice since most of the worlds we have currently have buildings in the backgrounds (excluding Granite Falls, of course). Heck, I'd be over the moon with most of the focus being put into gameplay and a simple country-themed world. Maybe with dirt roads!!!!! That would be so cool!

Seasons definitely wouldn't need a new world at all and tbh I don't really think that a celebrity EP would either, since we have San Myshuno.

So tldr for me space isn't an issue, it's aesthetic, and I'd love a small country-themed world but aside from that I don't see a need.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    As long as it's t as big as a main world and pretty, I don't mind too much. The only things I wouldn't want are a futuristic world or a big city. I like pretty landscapes in my game.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would like to see a new world, but if they wish to focus on gameplay it could be a smaller world like Forgotten Hollow. For my part I hope that it will be different from what we have seen so far.

Ha ha, if I could dream freely it would be an Island inspired by Greece, or perhaps Africa but I won't get my hopes up.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2017
    It depends...

Pets
    Seasons

Even, GPs like Sorcerers, Werewolves.

I rather them focus on the lifestates and animations and graphics, and make sure they are awesomely built before. And if there is still room for a world then sure.

Because honestly with Vampires if sacrificing Forgotten Hollow meant more Vampire powers I would definitely sacrifice the world in exchange.

At the same time I would love a world for werewolves a nice vast forest with lots larger than 64x64 spread out.

But still I put powers and animations before the world.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Heck yes I would be annoyed. The expansion packs in The Sims 4 are already lackluster, imagine with no world. You say they will focus on gameplay, but will they really? At most they would add like 3 more gameplay objects at the expense of no world. Not worth it. Plus, I don't want worlds solely for 'lots'. But for a different enviroment to explore and hang out in. This is an irrational argument.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    If EP4 is Pets, I think it would be really fitting to have a country/rural world. It would be a little disappointing if we didn't get a new world with it
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I would be fine with no new world if that means we will get more gameplay in return. A world takes up a lot of development time and I think this time could better be allocated to gameplay development. I see a lot of people hoping for a country/rural world if the fourth expansion is Pets. I can understand the appeal of such a world. I too would like to see that coming to the game. But why would a country world fit a pets expansion pack specifically? Is it only because The Sims 3 had such a world coming with pets? Or because The Sims 1 already gave us a rural theme with Unleashed? I honestly don't see the connection. It is perfectly fine to have pets when you live in a city, I think. Wouldn't a country/rural world be more fitting with a farming expansion/game pack (if we ever get that)? And what other types of worlds would fit a Pets expansion? What about a forrest world? Or a suburb with lots of parks?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yeah, I will be okay with that if the other content backs it up.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Or at least some large public areas where Sims can bring their pets to run around and play; maybe even have the ability to set up pet "play dates" at the local dog run or cat palace.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @stilljustme2 Great idea, it's true that cute pets greatly help for flirting with other dog and cat people !
  • kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    edited May 2017
    No. We are waiting a year for expansions now. I would be very disappointed if a new experience or scenery wasn't included with every expansion. The way I see it.. expansions should "expand" their "world". I understand there are only so many resources, but these packs should be beefy when we wait so long for them.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would be ok with it if it meant that the space a world would take up would be used for more gameplay instead.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I think I would be if there were sufficient gameplay and well fleshed out content to make up for it. But I have to admit I find myself not too impressed with a lot of the worlds. Not that I find them bad but I really like super foresty worlds and while some come close none really hit that mark for me yet.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Heck yes I would be annoyed. The expansion packs in The Sims 4 are already lackluster, imagine with no world. You say they will focus on gameplay, but will they really? At most they would add like 3 more gameplay objects at the expense of no world. Not worth it. Plus, I don't want worlds solely for 'lots'. But for a different enviroment to explore and hang out in. This is an irrational argument.
    They have a budget take out the cost of time and money spent on creating a world and move it to other features makes perfect sense to me. Clearly the worlds in this game are not easy to make which is why Get To Work had a 4 lot world and Newcrest is just remake of Willow Creek or at least sure looks it. All the time used to create a world could give us new features I swear when is the last time we got a new build mode feature half walls...

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    They have a budget take out the cost of time and money spent on creating a world and move it to other features makes perfect sense to me. Clearly the worlds in this game are not easy to make which is why Get To Work had a 4 lot world and Newcrest is just remake of Willow Creek or at least sure looks it. All the time used to create a world could give us new features I swear when is the last time we got a new build mode feature half walls...

Lol it isn't hard, they just take the 'easy way' out. Are you telling me they didn't make an elevator animation because 'it is too hard'? Even if it was 'hard' (which I highly doubt), they aren't harder than The Sims 3's worlds.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited May 2017

When Get To Work came out, they said they focused only providing lots for gameplay, as they focused on that more. Say what you want about Get To Work, but it's filled to the brim with Gameplay. If you actually play all 3 careers from start to finish, it's absolutely huge.

The Science Career is a GP alone (including Sixam & Aliens). The Retail Aspect (with the Baking Skill, Photography Skill + Mag Prom) is basically the same size as Dine Out.
    And the Hospital & Police career could be another Game Pack (seeing as they share the same area).

Fast Forward to Get Together and City Living, and they have a decent amount of gameplay, but 1/3 of the advertising is about the world itself. They probably share the same amount of gameplay as Showtime/Generations/Seasons which were all on the smaller side for 3 (minus Weather, Seasons is quite a small EP, it's download size was the same as a GP which means there's weren't many animations or assets added),

In The Sims 3, they had the luxury of using Create-A-World, and all the had to do was mold the terrain, add some flora, choose the FX effects, and then build houses as normal. With 4, you can tell just by looking at them, that it's nowhere near that simple. Every asset of the world is created from scratch, like an object.

Also, I'm not saying whatever EP 4 is doesn't need a world, this thread was made just after City Living. If it's Pets, then obviously no. But if it's a pack like Seasons (which already change the existing worlds so much), or packs like a Hobby Pack, Skill Pack, Generations (still room for one imo) etc etc. would you cop out a world for gameplay?

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I agree with pets not having a new Neighborhood and do think Seasons can use a world.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I prefer having new objects and clothing to more lots anyways. Especially if there is the chance for new game-play that will enhance the game which would be worth way more than a new neighborhood with more lots. (Especially if it's as small as the one from get to work where there were only four lots.)
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I prefer having new objects and clothing to more lots anyways. Especially if there is the chance for new game-play that will enhance the game which would be worth way more than a new neighborhood with more lots. (Especially if it's as small as the one from get to work where there were only four lots.)

Same here, if there's a chance we get more gameplay instead of a new world i'd rather have the gameplay. I mean yeah lots are nice, but I play with families not lots.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina