Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be okay with no new world in EP4?

Comments

• Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Okay, now I'm curious. Why does Pets need a world? I wouldn't say no to one - in fact, a good world would help sell me on a Pets pack as someone who doesn't need pets in my game - but I don't see the need part?

I want a new world for the Pets EP mostly for organizational purposes. Probably not all of my families will have pets but those that do could reside in the Pets world with special parks and trails.

But I also really want a new world if they plan to add strays, because I'd hope strays were few and maybe limited to that world. I don't think I could stand seeing them all over every world-it'd break my heart! I can hardly adopt a sim without adopting five-try me with puppies and kittens! I suppose this is a personal problem but I hope a couple others feel the same as I do. TS4 seems to be taking a much more kid friendly approach to things so perhaps the odds are in my favor.

Ideally, I suppose there would be no strays or only a set number of strays per world - and there would be an adoption center/computer option instead.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    So, with all 3 Expansions installed, we have 120+ lots available, which is a lot. Obviously, we want more. But for now, I think we're not struggling to fit families in unless you're playing with over 50 or so at once.
    As one of those who used to play with 50+ households and certainly will do so again, yes, I still feel the need for more space. However, that doesn't have to be a new world. In fact, a new world is probably of less use to me than a simple "copy existing world" tool.
    See, I have saves where I cannot use certain of the existing worlds, because they are supposed to be in the desert (can only use Oasis Springs), or rural (no need for San Myshuno) or low tech (cannot use worlds with overt modern backgrounds/neighborhood deco). What I crave is a consistent world and I don't care if that is achieved by having three identical instances of Oasis Springs. Ideally they'd let us start with one world of our choosing and whenever we wish we can add other worlds or another instance of an already existing world (minus the premades) to ours.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    So, with all 3 Expansions installed, we have 120+ lots available, which is a lot. Obviously, we want more. But for now, I think we're not struggling to fit families in unless you're playing with over 50 or so at once.
    As one of those who used to play with 50+ households and certainly will do so again, yes, I still feel the need for more space. However, that doesn't have to be a new world. In fact, a new world is probably of less use to me than a simple "copy existing world" tool.
    See, I have saves where I cannot use certain of the existing worlds, because they are supposed to be in the desert (can only use Oasis Springs), or rural (no need for San Myshuno) or low tech (cannot use worlds with overt modern backgrounds/neighborhood deco). What I crave is a consistent world and I don't care if that is achieved by having three identical instances of Oasis Springs. Ideally they'd let us start with one world of our choosing and whenever we wish we can add other worlds or another instance of an already existing world (minus the premades) to ours.

A simple "copy existing world" would be good indeed. More room but less work presumably than releasing new worlds entirely.
  • Options
    ND81ND81 Posts: 13 New Member
    I agree for seasons, that they focus purely on the game play and getting weather in all existing world's. I wouldn't be upset if some world's were limited like oasis just sun and the city just sun and rain. Although I just watched gilmore girls a year in the life and thought that would make a great town for a seasons ep. Even if the town square hard retail/community lots locked like apartments, where we can only edit the inside.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    All the EPs I want i.e Supernatural require a world so ... conflicted it really depends on how well and how much depth the actual gameplay has but more of less yes I'd be okay with no world once the gameplay is substantial
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I've always enjoyed the initial exploration of a new world. I think it immediately opens up a lot of possibilities in build mode so far as aesthetics are concerned. For instance, Windenburg was a gift to me as I prefer European architecture. Also it helps - imo, especially with a seemingly limited game like this - to have something fresh to look at in order to lift spirits and motivate people to play.

However, I do agree with the person who said they'd rather the team spend more time on gameplay elements. It's disheartening that we have to forfeit one thing for another but I suppose if we get deeper (more involved) gameplay as opposed to more landscapes, that's what I'd choose. I'd happily have just one world if it meant that we got everything we've been missing for the past two years instead.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    One thing to consider too is that a new world means new premades. While there are new families released and available in the Gallery in the other packs, they aren't as iconic as the premades. We all have Yuki Behr in our games, or Bob Pancakes, or Jesminder Bheeta, and I think that's something interesting. Perhaps GTW would have benefited from that. What if we all had the same premade chief of the police for example ?
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2017
    What is there left to a expansion without a few hoods, lots, venues.
    It would have to have a lot in it like generations, seasons did then.
    More gameplay,animations, options, invteraction's and tools...

What is it with the sims 4 not having much in way of small appliances

Great kitchen designs but plum appliance's. Not much types

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I want a world with the next ep whether it's pets or whether it's a tropical vacation. If it's the latter I want a destination world.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Okay, now I'm curious. Why does Pets need a world? I wouldn't say no to one - in fact, a good world would help sell me on a Pets pack as someone who doesn't need pets in my game - but I don't see the need part?

I want a new world for the Pets EP mostly for organizational purposes. Probably not all of my families will have pets but those that do could reside in the Pets world with special parks and trails.

But I also really want a new world if they plan to add strays, because I'd hope strays were few and maybe limited to that world. I don't think I could stand seeing them all over every world-it'd break my heart! I can hardly adopt a sim without adopting five-try me with puppies and kittens! I suppose this is a personal problem but I hope a couple others feel the same as I do. TS4 seems to be taking a much more kid friendly approach to things so perhaps the odds are in my favor.

Ideally, I suppose there would be no strays or only a set number of strays per world - and there would be an adoption center/computer option instead.

That and cause we need more places to place lots.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    It depends on the EP. If Seasons or Generations type EP, then a new world is unnecessary. I'd like to have one for Pets, but it can honestly do without too. New worlds should be saved for destination type GPs and EPs or supernatural packs to go with the theme.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd rather see a world editor over another boring ugly world any day, yes my "worlds" are almost full but I mostly stick to Oasis Spring and Newcrest as I hate the others. The only expansions I really care to see a new world in is pets/farm or vacation type expansion otherwise I'd rather see the budget spent on new build mode features like spiral stairs, diving boards and a water tool and more detailed options in CAS such as body hair more piercing types not to mention more everyday basic animations such as the bed.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    New worlds are always welcome
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    It depends....right now I could really do with another Newcrest (Newcrest was simular to Willow Creek so maybe a desert alternative?) I would like more worlds to add variety (I'm still struggling to fit commercial lots.

As for NEEDING it.....There's a few instances where a world is "needed."

Pets- Rural World
    Superstar- LA/Hollywood world.
    Supernatural- Spooky world (Moonlight Falls/Midnight Hollow style.)
    Tropical world (I get that they might make it a destination world but Island Paradise EP showed how expansive a tropical EP could be.)

I'm still holding out on a way to expand on existing world's. Like create a neighbourhood tool. With that it would produce the pressure of adding more world's and give more freedom to the player. I would love to add an actual Bayou Swamp to Willow Creek, add another village Street in Windenburg and add a Las VEGAS strip to Oasis Springs.

They could enlarge Magnolia Parade with more lots with a business type EP or put more lots on the Vampire world adding Witch or Fairies type areas. That would please me who have bought both but rarely play there.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    I need more space in my game (mainly because I use Oasis Springs as a vacation destination since it looks like it's so far away from the rest of the worlds) BUT I'm afraid They will release another Windenburg, ie another very predetermined world that cannot be customized at all because the backdrops dictate the aesthetics.

I want more room, yes. But not necessarily new fancy worlds with lots of new visual effects and new backdrops. If we're not going to get any world customization options I want them to either enlarge current worlds or release worlds that look like expansions of the worlds we currently have (kind of like Newcrest/Magnolia Promenade/Willow Creek which look like they could be different parts of the same town). And they should be released for free or as part of another type of pack (e.g. A "world pack"). I dont want them to waste EP resources on building another "beautiful-to-look-at" world like San Myshuno, which is the obvious reason CL is so lacking in other features (they focused too much on the world itself and it's a waste because most of it is just backdrops and FX).
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Sims 4 only has 1 World. There are several neighborhoods that came with EPs.

I would prefer if they expanded the existing neighborhoods instead of adding more small ones, but its unlikely.
    As long as everything they add is available everywhere and not just in one neighborhood im ok with everything.
    Dont need new backgrounds and stuff, they could also recycle the old ones with more lots and add more new gameplay stuff instead.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    It depends. If they do add a world, will it be of cost of new gameplay, or will it be all intented gameplay and a new world. If they have to sacriface gameplay i'd rather not have a new world if i'm completely honest. It would even be nicer if the current worlds would get an update since I feel like they're falling behind (worlds like Willow Creek & Oasis Springs). When we get a new world we tend to play less in the older ones and I feel like it's such a waste.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I wouldn't be disappointed, maybe they'll add a smaller world like they did with Get to Work. Honestly, I can see Pets coming with a new world, mainly because the new world would come with new premade families with pets, similar to Windenburg, the new premade families came with pre-existing clubs. Since I have all the EP's and GP's I'm comfortable with the amount of lots I have, so if the next EP/GP doesn't come with a new world then I'm fine with that.

It looks like they only add new worlds to show off the new content they add in packs, for something like seasons or the new Family GP I don't see why a new world would be necessary because the packs would be a universal feature, they would already be applied to existing worlds and households. What I'm trying to say is that the new worlds they add are added because they are either one of the main features of the pack (City Living with the city, Outdoor Retreat with the camp site), or to show off/give an example of the new content (Get to Work Magnolia Promenade with the businesses, Vampires Forgotten Hallow with the vampires, Get Together Windenburg with the new clubs) So far they added a new world with each pack, Get to Work being the smallest, so I don't see why they wouldn't at least add a mini world to upcoming EP's.

But like I said, I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't add any new world in the next EP.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'd be fine if it is something like Seasons where most focus is on gameplay and having weather in all worlds instead of having a new world but the gameplay is not good. However, if it's something like Pets, Farming etc. then I'd be annoyed, because we don't have worlds that really fit in with those styles and thus the experience wouldn't be as good. The main concern isn't nesseccarily new worlds, but new styles and themes. Would you rather have 20 worlds that are very similar, or 10 worlds that are completely different? I'd go for the latter. At the same time, the world should complement the experience, not make the whole experience, thus it shouldn't be stuffed in and lack in other aspects because the world took up most of the budget.

I'd love new worlds, but if it makes more sense not to put one in, don't, and rather focus on better gameplay and awesome build/buy + CAS so we can make our own lots and worlds with them in the meantime.
  • Options
    JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    Something like Magnolia Promenade would be cool.

I don't want EP4 to end up like GT and CL where the world was the main selling point. It adds nothing to the gameplay. Atmosphere? Yes, but gameplay? Nothing.

This is still why I really love GTW, they put so much effort into it instead of just a big new world!

This is also why the GPs get so much love, because they offer more gameplay than 2/3 of the EPs :o

• Options
    SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member
    edited May 2017
    no new worlds please :)
    I don't want another crappy 4 lot world squeezed into a pack
    i'd rather they put the time, money, and effort into making the rest of the pack amazing
    especially if it were for something like pets. the only world i'd like to see added from this point on would be a second vacation world in a beach or island setting, as an alternative to granite falls
  • Options
    spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    personally i'd love a more suburban world. not ones with the victorian-esque themes, just a regular suburban neighborhood, with back/front yards, higher fences for dividing lots.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited May 2017
    personally i'd love a more suburban world. not ones with the victorian-esque themes, just a regular suburban neighborhood, with back/front yards, higher fences for dividing lots.

I need this, so much.

Obviously with better graphics, but this sums up what you said for me:
    (Just take a look at the world when the camera moves around).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEjuJYPmHIM

Pretty much the closest we've had to pure suburban in The Sims. We've never had a true world by EA.
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    We need a new world, More space for builders and placing more lots. I would love a city/ suburban place
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Simply put, No, I need worlds if I can't redo these.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.