Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Library (not Gallery) households missing

Are these being culled as well when new expansions are added? I have all packs now and no mods or CCs of any kind.

I went back to an older Save which had several families I created, previously saved to My Library only, but few of them are still there.

Is there a quick way to put them back again?

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Did you remove your tray folder?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Your Library is independent of all your saves. Are you saying that your Library doesn't have those Sims or that they were in your save but aren't there anymore?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I saved them to "My Library" (not Gallery) when first making them and didn't remove any files before CL download.

I now am editing them one by one from the world screen and saving them again as that seems to be the fastest way of getting them back. I've had to make an alphabetical list of the ones that are already there to make sure that I am not uploading them again.

I wish that "My Library" households were put in alphabetical order. It would make things much easier.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    Try checking that the button that says " include cc content " in the advanced section of the gallery filter is ticked. Even though they may not have cc in them, sometimes the gallery classifies them in error that they do contain cc,
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi Rosemow. It makes no difference and I have three families listed on there as well who have the crosses marking them as not found. Somehow one of my Saves got wiped with the CL update so I'm back to the laborious task of adding them again.

Never mind, I am used to this, once having to upload lots of my houses again when the Gallery got updated. I was warned about something that might affect my saves in a previous thread and it might be that. Now looking for that thread in my comments section!
    Hello
    Your tray folder contains the files of the sims households and the lots that you have saved to your library. Each sims household contains 5 files and an extra file for each extra sim. ( 1x .householdbinary, 1x trayitem, 2x .sgi, 1x .hhi and an extra sgi file for each extra sim) A Lot consists of 6-11 files, depending on how many floors your Lot has (1 trayitem file, 1blueprint file and 4 bpi files, and an extra bpi files for each extra floor).
    You can sort the tray folder by date /time and that can help you to find which files relate to which sims household or build. The three families may be missing a file and that is why it is showing them as not found.

• iPhreakiPhreak Posts: 20 New Member
    I have a similar issue where my game struggles to recognize things I save to my Library (not online so not my gallery etc.)
    I save the sims/households, houses and rooms and they tell me inthe notification wall they have saved and show up pictured in the list to the right hand side of the window when you first open the Gallery 'home' section but when I return to the game to play or add any of these creations they don't show up anymore in the Library however the sims show up in household management but still doesn't solve the missing rooms and houses that appeared then dissappeared haha.
    edited July 2017
    iPhreak wrote: »
    I have a similar issue where my game struggles to recognize things I save to my Library (not online so not my gallery etc.)
    I save the sims/households, houses and rooms and they tell me inthe notification wall they have saved and show up pictured in the list to the right hand side of the window when you first open the Gallery 'home' section but when I return to the game to play or add any of these creations they don't show up anymore in the Library however the sims show up in household management but still doesn't solve the missing rooms and houses that appeared then dissappeared haha.

Hello
    Check that you have ticked in the advanced section of the gallery filter to " include custom content "