Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remove/add windows in apartment

Is it even possible? I'd like to change the inner layout of an apartment but some of the windows are blocking the walls I want to build. I'm not against using cheats for this (but I'm already suspecting it's not something we can do unfortunately :( )

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    No, it's not possible. The building exterior is fixed in place.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimandfenixSimandfenix Posts: 37 Member
    I wish we could, I am having the same issue.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    You can on balconies however. But nowhere else.
  • Options
    sof2106sof2106 Posts: 136 Member
    Oh, that plums :( Oh well... thanks so much for the answers! :)
  • Options
    mars97kmars97k Posts: 3 New Member
    You could use the Destroy Object debug cheat in live mode to remove it, but bear in mind that you can't replace them or place other types of windows on the outer walls.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    mars97k wrote: »
    You could use the Destroy Object debug cheat in live mode to remove it, but bear in mind that you can't replace them or place other types of windows on the outer walls.

I think you'll need a mod. Usually, I don't see that kind of option. Only Reset Object.
  • Options
    mars97kmars97k Posts: 3 New Member
    Yup, you need the mod that enables the debug cheats, but that mod is fundamental anyway so I highly recommend you get it.
  • Options
    icbogueicbogue Posts: 23 Member
    What mod enables debug cheats?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    sof2106 wrote: »
    Is it even possible? I'd like to change the inner layout of an apartment but some of the windows are blocking the walls I want to build. I'm not against using cheats for this (but I'm already suspecting it's not something we can do unfortunately :( )

You can’t remove the windows or change their placement, but you can enable the move objects cheat (bb.moveobjects) which will allow you to build walls that obstruct the window.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Just think of it like this: you can't change walls and windows in a real life apartment!
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    I know I'm resurrecting a dead post here, but this is the kind of thing that makes me hate TS4. I could fix all of EA's mistakes in previous incarnations of The Sims, but not this one. Notice how this apartment has those narrow windows all the way down the right hand side...except for the actual playable apartment at the top. And I can't even fix it with cheats to put the window in so the entire building exterior matches! WHY would you do such a stupid thing, EA???

[img][/img]EAxis%20Apartment%20Mistake_zpsawtqh3db.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    Always wanted to adjust those windows to make it easier to rebuild the inner rooms. But thinking of it, in RL it would not be accepted to move windows because it would conflict with the total impression of the building.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member

I think you can only do that with the salt house, and a couple of the penthouses in the city
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    [quote="drakharis;c-16696194"][quote="sof2106;d-904593"]Is it even possible? I'd like to change the inner layout of an apartment but some of the windows are blocking the walls I want to build. I'm not against using cheats for this (but I'm already suspecting it's not something we can do unfortunately :( )[/quote]

I think you can only do that with the salt house, and a couple of the penthouses in the city[/quote]

I have only used two penthouses and The Old Salt House in the city, but you can do lots of changes in those in my experience also. Maybe try moving to one of those lots?
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    drakharis wrote: »

I think you can only do that with the salt house, and a couple of the penthouses in the city

Those aren't apartments, they're houses. The Old Salt House is definitely just like any other house, and the "Penthouses" are really just big houses on an elevated structure.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    JibartJibart Posts: 28 Member
    I wish we could design our own apartments! O well maybe in a future update (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    simsdelamodesimsdelamode Posts: 33 Member
    Yes. I second this! > @Jibart said:
    > I wish we could design our own apartments! O well maybe in a future update (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    The Culpepper apartment building has missing windows and a door.
    If you play the affected apartment then they are there, but if you play any of the other apartments in the building they are missing.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since last year, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top