Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing for you?

Comments

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    bicycles/motorcycles/cars (or even bus/taxi/subway), toddlers, university/college, pets, magic/supernaturals, seasons/snow, fame (but done more like Sims Superstar than Sims 3 Showtime), seeing the door opening when entering a lot, beaches, hotels, education (preschool or K-12 or university professor) career, military career. Maybe a new sales career (starting with call center as the entry level position, followed by call center lead at level 2, door-to-door or business-to-business sales as level 3, senior salesman/woman as level 4, sales manager as level 5, district manager as level 6, regional manager as level 7, and so on up to VP of Marketing (Level 10)).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Camro27Camro27 Posts: 4 New Member
    We need new build mode objects! Especially new stairs, I really miss the curved stairs they had in the Sims 3, and the developers definitely need to add L & U-shaped stairs! The developers also need to improve the windows, by adding better themes and colours.
    If the developers improved these two things, build mode would be so much better.
  • RilaeRilae Posts: 35 Member
    Definitely additional age stages. My families get so dull. Would like to see cars again too. Working laundry items. Thankfully there are so many talented meshers and creators out there that I can get a lot of the basic content I've been missing, but not really advanced new animations (yet, at least!).
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    For my playing style, the attraction system is so important, so I really miss that.

I remember getting so excited when I saw this IG video, because it led me to believe this system would be implemented with City Living, but that was not the case :-|

• LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    I despertly do MISS A SLOW-DANCE!!! I can not understand why this dance is missing! It was my favorite in Sims 2.
    What's the romance all about without a slow-dance?!

PLEASE EA, give us a slow-dance... pretty please)))))))))
    slow_dance___commission_by_irishgirl982.jpg

„ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• anakissedanakissed Posts: 3 New Member
    I really miss an attraction system. I liked the fact that sims told you who they would be more compatible with and it wasn't like you were making every decision for them. They be attracted to a few people and it gave you a choice on who to set your sim up with. I really miss that
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Family gameplay is what's missing mostly for me, not counting pets and seasons and magic.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Nini wrote: »
    For my playing style, the attraction system is so important, so I really miss that.

I remember getting so excited when I saw this IG video, because it led me to believe this system would be implemented with City Living, but that was not the case :-|

Yeah that's staging for you.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I still really wish I could build more community lots like laundry mats and grocery stores. I know we have retail stores, but I'd like to actually be able to have the whole conveyor belt with cash register and shopping baskets even if the conveyor belt and shopping baskets are only decorative. I'd like a produce stand that would fit in a grocery store setting and to have some decorative food items like bread and chocolates and teas and coffees to put on shelves. Meat and dairy refrigeration units, etc. As for the laundry matt it would be cool to have some more arcade game type machines, vending machines and candy/toy dispenser machines like the kind you put quarters in for real life and gumball machines. Plus of course the normal washer and dryer bits. Maybe a decorative change maker like the ones in real life where you can put dollars in and get quarters back from it. (Some of this stuff would also go great for the grocery store and a video arcade). Plus some other things for public bathrooms would be cool like automatic hand dryer machines, public toilets, those seat paper cover dispensers for over the toilets, those quarter machines you find in bathrooms that dispense things like baby diapers and toiletries for women, and also a baby changing table. I also would love to have things for an actual fast food restaurant and honestly feel like a lot of things were left out for the restaurant expansion. Like a walk in freezer and fridge or the type of dish washer you'd find in a restaurant. Anyhow, with the fast food restaurant some fryers would be cool for french fries and such. (They actually had this as an item in the sims 3 store) A special window for decorative purposes to look like the kind you get food from and a drink dispenser machine with sodas would be cool. Also another idea, things for a salon like make-up items, a barber sink and chair, displays for the make-up to pretend it's for sale, and hair items such as hair straightners, curling iron, hair blowdryer, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
  • Roryboy88Roryboy88 Posts: 2 New Member
    For me,

Custom hair colours
    Custom clothing
    University
    Schools
    Childminder career
    Toddlers
    Realistic careers
    Death from illness
    Supernatural
    Pets
    Seasons
    More holiday destinations
    Resort ownership
    Cars
  • CourtLuvesSimsCourtLuvesSims Posts: 54 Member
    It may seem small, but I miss the "relax" option. I remember in TS2 you could lounge on the sofa and watch t.v. and in TS3 you could "relax" in bed and watch television simultaneously. I have seen a daydream option a few times, which puts a sim in a "relax" position on the bed, but it's rare. It seems to be only available to certain sims and at certain times, but even then you can only daydream you can't multitask it with anything else.

I'd also REALLY like to see the "influence to" option return. I remember having my male sims girlfriend come over and they would influence them to cook and clean their whole house.
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Cars, pets, seasons, and more careers!
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • timefeelertimefeeler Posts: 15 Member
    I really want an expansion with loads of gameplay, build/buy items, interactions between sims, fears, turn-ons, etc. This in the form of Seasons, Pets, or Generations would be nice. For this expansion I'd be ok if it didn't come with a new world; the worlds included so far are really beautiful and, even though I really do love City Living, I feel like a lot of time was spent on the world itself. If they maybe released a couple of big expansions with no new worlds and just focused on the gameplay itself. Of course we need more family-oriented stuff, more hobbies etc.

I must say I absolutely love the Sims 4. I personally find it much more immersive than any of the previous games, it runs beautifully and it's visually stunning. I feel once we have more of the desperately needed stuff (Seasons, Generations, and Pets) this game will be pure perfection.
  • Roryboy88Roryboy88 Posts: 2 New Member
    I also really miss the interior designer career and being able to travel.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    edited January 2017
    Nini wrote: »

I really frikking HATE how they lie in every single trailer. I mean, ALL games do that with the graphic aspects (witcher for example), but lying about frikking GAMEPLAY??? that's just MEAN.

-Yarden.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Seasons and toddlers for me
  • GoodddGooddd Posts: 12 New Member
    I am still so disappointed. I want TODDLERS, cars, seasons, pets, more careers, just MORE!!!!!!!!
    uryga wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    For me its toddlers/preteens and just more basic animations like making the bed and more playful interactions such as kids playing tag, pillow fights not locked to a object. As you mentioned the military career is another one I would like to see so I can remake a family I had in Sims 2 hopefully the obstacle course comes along with it, they really went over the top with careers and excluded everyday normal jobs. Cars driveways and garages is another must have for me I hate having to fake it.

Yeah, I really miss making beds for some reason...

I miss not making beds but the option to leave them unmade. It's something I've missed since launch; I think about it re. lazy Sims and teenagers.

I miss that too, we have maids now to make them, and sloppy sims should be sloppy, they don't make beds, or even mop up puddles like they tend to do.

Sims don't really follow there traits to much and that make every sims act a lot like the on next to him
    uryga wrote: »
    I like so far the Ideas, they are fresh but lacking in game play.
    The worlds are just boring after a while and not the hour on play that I am use to with the Sims.

Past Sims games they put a lot of Detail into GAME PLAY and not all of it into making the world look pretty.
    This Sims Game is all into Looking Pretty than into Game play and it becomes Boring quickly.

Season change the Environment and a fresh feel and look into the game.

Real Baby's, Toddlers, Children, and real size Teens or pre-teen make the game more family fun and not just a dating, woohoo game.

Sims not teleporting all around makes the game more real.

Noticed that in City Living the Elevators are just art, no sims or your sims can get into it or even go up to your apartment main door and enter your apartment with out even teleporting to it.
    Makes it SOOooooo unreal.

Quit putting so much into looks, that is our job, we need game play in OUR games.

You have riverboats and trolleys in the game, let us use them. That's a new Idea.
    How about cars?

There is so much to make the game better but they are to busy making it look so nice and that comes to the game.
    A Pretty looking boring barley playable game that loses it fun after a hour or two of play.

If you are going to take use back to Sims1 and 2, then combine them and make it more playable. Sims 1 and 2 had a lot of good things in it that made them fun. It wasn't just all art.

You are sooo right
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    Everything. For me, the core of the game is rotten.My mind has not been blown away by any SP pack or EP introduced by the Sims 4 team so far...still not getting my money. I'm hoping for a more creative, innovative 2017 from the Sims 4 team.

• ModerockerModerocker Posts: 159 Member
    I think having "hover boards" would be a cool addition along with maybe scooters and of course bicycles.
    6unzx1t.gif
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Memories, the Sims 2 kind not the Sims 3 kind, and favourite foods and colours and also the turn on/off system from Nightlife, preferably with fewer clothing related options and more options like "doctor" or being attracted to certain traits, you could have a sim that likes Genius sims or Creative sims or Goofballs or whatever.
  • Briannelynn_Briannelynn_ Posts: 1 New Member
    What I would love in this game is the ability to buy and own more than one property. Expansion pack real estate? But yeah I think it would be awesome if I could build houses or upgrade houses and then sell them. I'm also missing cars from previous sims games. And I don't know how you her custom content but these hair styles seriously need some work. Also where did all the kids stuff go? I know there's an expansion pack but seriously I have to spend 10 more dollars to get stuff that was already available in sims 3. So far I'm not seeing much of an upgrade just a lot of limitations. Hopefully you guys get to see this and Create some sort of real estate package that would be awesome !!
  • LilyRLilyR Posts: 3 New Member
    I definitely miss the attraction system.

Personality system as a whole.

I dont feel as the traits makes a lot of difference as how my sims reacts to each other and i really miss having the feeling that im not the only one deciding EVERYTHING about their lives. :/

Chemistry, astrological signs, turn on/off and etc would make such a difference in game play.
  • JFA2794JFA2794 Posts: 34 Member
    I would like to see substance.

You can have a pretty world, pretty characters, pretty objects, and even pretty animations.

But NONE of it matters if there's no substance to go along with it.

I get it, The Sims is a game where you get to be the all knowing deity, observing your sims from afar, watching and controlling their every move.

But who knew that playing god in this game can be that boring?

Point: I want to be the one interacting with other Sims. I want to be the one making friendships and discovering secrets. I want to be the one to explore the world. Watching my Sim do it just takes the fun out of it.

The BEST comparison I can give you to what I want in the Sims 4, is by going back to The Sims Bustin' Out, The Urbz Sims in the City, and The Sims 2 for the GameBoy Advance.

In those games, you weren't the casual observer from afar -- you were right there in the center of the action. You got to know characters and establish real connections. You got to explore environments and discover their history and secrets. Most of all, it was YOU doing it.

If you would like to learn more about what I mean, check out my profile and look at my Sims: Story Mode post. I'm really serious about The Sims 4 having a story mode of some kind.

In fact, the story mode I am looking for would perfectly fit the creative minds of the people that play The Sims 4.

How would you like it if you could make your own story for players to check out and download from the gallery? Perhaps you want to create an episodic reality TV show with choices? Or maybe you want to fool around with a "get to the bathroom" mini story.

The Sims 4: Story Mode will add substance to the void. It will add a whole new layer to a decades old game that will revolutionize the Sims that we know forever.

• ArianaZanetaArianaZaneta Posts: 12 New Member
    The Gardening Channel
    Cars
    Bicycles