Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing for you?

Comments

• wnderlandwnderland Posts: 3 New Member
    season/weather changes and pets
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Tropical island
    Seasons
    Pets
    Adventure destinations
    Swingsets
    Spiral/L shape staircases
    Witches
    Fairies
    Bunk Beds
    Bowling alleys (rumor has it that's coming soon?)
    Future world
    Sandboxes
    Carnival rides
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SmolchichuSmolchichu Posts: 19 New Member
    Open world (but that'll never happen lol)
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Not sure if it's been said but I miss cut scenes like we had in the sims 2 for firsts and stuff like that. They were all pretty cute.

I also miss the ability to discipline your children, the sneaking out after curfew for teens, the carpooling (and cooler vehicles as you progressed up the ladder), the fire department showing up if there was a fire, Miss Crumplebottom, and the robbers!!! I don't know why I miss the robbers, I absolutely hated them in Sims 1 & 2 because I often forgot to put a burgler alarm in and even if the police showed up they still stole a few items before the police got them and I'd not get the items back. I guess that's just the nostalgia talking though.

Oh and having phones in the house instead of mobiles too!! I miss that and the weird phone calls you could get when you answered them.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    Most important among all things that are missing for me would be weather/seasons
  • jetmackaluvsjotwahjetmackaluvsjotwah Posts: 70 Member
    Freyann wrote: »
    I feel like there is a general lack of activities and purpose for ALL the age groups other than Young Adult and Adult. Sins 4 has been very much focused on creating the ultimate young adult experience, with parties, clubs and active careers. However, there is nothing really for people who want to create meaningful families.
    Babies are nothing more than an object to interact with. I am having fun with toddlers and hope they will bring more stuff out for them, Children have nothing more than homework and skills to do. A few toys but no way to create meaningful charter development. You just go through the motions. Same with Teens, but without the toys and more skills. I miss being able to sneak out in the dead of night with my teen sims, while their bf picked them up, The risk of the parent seeing them return.
    AND ELDERS... oh god, I'm just waiting for them to die really. Once you choose to retire them, Other than skills like fishing and gardening, there isn't that much for the elders. Families have got really boring and Once you have made 5 families, 5 ways. you feel like that's it...

Yeah I think they've attracted all they're going to attract with the young adult range. I miss the childhood experience and the teen experiences.. setting booby traps, playing tag, imaginary friends and tree house's. Like you said, they skill and go to school. Meh.
    I'm a hardcore family style player most of them time and there's just nothing for me right now. I had such high hopes for S4
  • AsiaW247AsiaW247 Posts: 10 New Member
    I mainly want mail and newspapers.

I need another reason to check my mailbox aside from paying bills. I want to get a random coupon for the Karaoke bar. I want Simflix to deliver the latest Bob Pancakes movie after I order it online. I want to get $10 in the mail on my sim's birthday from a long distance relative that I don't remember (I'll be sure to name a future child after him to keep his name in the family.) I want to sign up for the latest Simscription box that includes a monthly assortment of whatever my sim's fancy is. I want to check the newspaper for SimList finds which can happen occasionally. Whatever isn't sold during the week can be featured at the flea market. I want singles ads in the newspaper and computer (online dating!)

I'm sure that I've cried out other details in the past, but that's all that I can remember right now...
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    @AsiaW247 I love all those ideas, and if we do get pets, we can find or put them up for sale.

I would like something for my gardeners, those that stay at home tending their gardens, should get something, maybe a garden swing, something special for having a perfect garden.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    What I personally need added to 4 to make it complete is seasons/weather, pets, laundry and possibly more careers (the traditional type where sims leave the lot) then I'll be happy.

Vampires was on that list and since I've got the GP I'm really happy that that's one thing down now, 3 or 4 to go.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • sunnyvisunnyvi Posts: 2 New Member
    Along with more careers, I wish the babies had more options. Like being able to be carried and walked around with, being out of the crib, being able to have toddlers play with them, etc.
  • bwill2009bwill2009 Posts: 6 New Member
    I agree with alot of the comments. Its the little things that are missing. Making the bed. I mean you 🐸🐸🐸🐸 even order groceries or shop for clothes like on the sims 2. the game is also missing alot of hangout interactions like going to the movies, bowling or stadium like on TS3. TS3 generations was really a great pack. I really miss all those life events like graduating and prom. I would like to see a sims university expansion and there needs to be another vacation spot besides going to the woods!! Cars are most definitely missing and I agree we need more careers.
  • bwill2009bwill2009 Posts: 6 New Member
    I also really hate how sims have to move from one household to the next. Its really a hassle to have to transfer the sims and create a new household with 20000 despite how much money your family household already has. You should be able to move from the household just like all the other sims games before
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    It's odd, I keep thinking, but I can't come up with anything.

I'd take most of the ideas in this thread, but I'm not particularly itching for any of them. I feel like I have to have some equivalent, but aside from the customization stuff I've mentioned elsewhere (which would probably require rebuilding things from the ground up), I can't figure out what it would be.
  • MissNAMissNA Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like the Sims to be able to swim in rivers and oceans.
  • SamaramonSamaramon Posts: 77 Member
    I keep running into something that I'd love to have in-game. The option to recolor one or ALL of the same object at once!

I was making a house (as I always, always do) and changed my mind about the color of the windows. Looking at my house and 15+ windows... I really wished there was a "recolor all" option. Same goes for chairs around a table, counters, etc.
    sig11.png
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    The things I'm missing most considering I don't use mods and can't handle aging off:
    1- Story progression (for unplayed households only). I want to find out my sim's friend just married, had a baby, got a promotion etc.
    2- More differentiated interactions for teenagers (parties, curfew, practical jokes etc. Maybe even doing childish things out fo nostalgia?)
    3- Part-time jobs for adults and elderlies.
    4- Longer YA/adult stage. Ever since the toddlers have been added (I love them, by the way!), sims born to adult sims (as opposed to young adults) can't even become young adults themselves before their parents die...

There are a lot of interesting things mentioned here, and I'm definitely waiting for Seasons too. While we have more thanks to the expansions, more jobs and group activities are also always welcome.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2017
    Thieves, firefighter, police officer, make the bed, blocked toilet, woohoo shower. And more...

1. Seasons
    2. Generations
    3. Pets
    4. University
    5. World Adventure
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    Know its a weird thing to miss but for me its sims faces popping up when you click on an object.
  • Corina0731Corina0731 Posts: 29 Member
    |I am really hoping for a pets and seasons expansion and the sooner the better for me
    i never had generations or watched any one play with it so I'm not overly eager for that just because I don't know much about it
  • AsiaW247AsiaW247 Posts: 10 New Member
    Jano wrote: »
    Know its a weird thing to miss but for me its sims faces popping up when you click on an object.

Me too! Having that empty space there is a bit odd. I miss seeing my sim's face as I decided what I wanted them to do next.
  • ZebraZomb1eZebraZomb1e Posts: 1 New Member
    I will keep my a little more simple because I know eventually we will get more expansions for pets, magic, seasons and all that good stuff. So what I have been thinking about and missing in the sims 4 is the daycare, stylist and real estate career. I enjoyed being able to go to houses and remodel them, I also enjoyed restyling random sims to give them a little more flare, and I was thinking about the daycare because right now my sim is a stay at home mom so it would be fun to let her baby sit some kids instead of just being bored building up skills.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Spiral staircases and conical roofs.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • MerlinherkMerlinherk Posts: 38 Member
    Don't know anyone said this but a pool party and bbq as a social event. Better if had more pool toys and a slow cooker
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    More fleshed out ghosts, Seasons, University, and acne for teens.

Also, I'm rather disappointed that sims only get serious diseases when you play doctor and they're already in the hospital. I'm not saying I want cancer in my game but I'd like some of the sim illness to require surgery or at least different medicines.. that's what disappoints me the most about GTW
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The only and single thing missing is Will Wright... :disappointed:
    Lu4ERme.gif