Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can't add birthday candles to cake

2...Next

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    SMILEY2108 wrote: »
    This issue was driving me nuts! Couldn't get at least a silver reward for weddings or birthdays because of it.

After making the cake, I dragged the cake to one of household's inventory and then made them "Place in world". That worked for me :smiley:

Hello
    It is good that you were able to work out a workaround for the issue :) It is good to know what helped with the issue in your game.
  • DemiA2607DemiA2607 Posts: 10 New Member
    gamelia wrote: »
    I've been having this issue, too. I couldn't add candles to a cake, so I had the Sim put away the cake. Then I manually took it out of the refrigerator inventory and placed it on a different counter. Now all the options are there. I'm not sure if moving the cake helped, or if putting it in the fridge and taking it out helped. Maybe neither. I'm just glad I didn't have to bake 30 cakes! :wink:

this has helped as when i did it it had that interaction again thanks :)
  • ZackWaddZackWadd Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried all of theese things, none of them really did work. But ill keep trying! :)
    ZackWadd wrote: »
    I tried all of theese things, none of them really did work. But ill keep trying! :)

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having the candies issues too . There are a few things to try doing to see if helps. You may though have already done them.
    Move the cake to the fridge. Then manually move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter/table and see if the issues remain.
    Try putting the cake on different counters/tables/surfaces and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps. It can help if the cake is in the middle of the surface, not on the edge.
    Make sure that the cake is on its own on the table, with no build/buy mode items with it.
    Try a variety of different types of cakes.
    If you have Dine Out pack, try using the " bring out cake " interaction to add candles and age up your sims. Some simmers have found that after doing that, their issue of adding candles to cakes in their own home has been fixed.
  • Salsa7977Salsa7977 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thanks Everyone. I'm new to 4 & couldn't do the candles.
    Salsa7977 wrote: »
    Thanks Everyone. I'm new to 4 & couldn't do the candles.

Hello @Salsa7977 :) Welcome to the forums!
    Just a little information . You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

I hope that you are able to add the candles next time that you try doing it.
  • Dawn121212Dawn121212 Posts: 7 New Member
    > @gamelia said:
    > I've been having this issue, too. I couldn't add candles to a cake, so I had the Sim put away the cake. Then I manually took it out of the refrigerator inventory and placed it on a different counter. Now all the options are there. I'm not sure if moving the cake helped, or if putting it in the fridge and taking it out helped. Maybe neither. I'm just glad I didn't have to bake 30 cakes! :wink:

Hahaha It's funny that you wrote that, because I'm currently having that problem and I've baked so many cakes but only one has worked and I need two birthday cakes I am S0 SAD :'(
    Dawn121212 wrote: »
    > @gamelia said:
    > I've been having this issue, too. I couldn't add candles to a cake, so I had the Sim put away the cake. Then I manually took it out of the refrigerator inventory and placed it on a different counter. Now all the options are there. I'm not sure if moving the cake helped, or if putting it in the fridge and taking it out helped. Maybe neither. I'm just glad I didn't have to bake 30 cakes! :wink:

Hahaha It's funny that you wrote that, because I'm currently having that problem and I've baked so many cakes but only one has worked and I need two birthday cakes I am S0 SAD :'(

Hello
    Try doing the suggestions that I posted in this post and see if they may help with your issue
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15534401/#Comment_15534401
  • PinkPuppy64PinkPuppy64 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'mm also having issues with the birthday cake thing. I've made about 20 cakes so far. The problem is, my sim auto matically places the cake in the fridge. And if i take it out, it only gives me a slice. To try to get around this problem, i paused the game right before my sim would put it away. But every time i click on the cake, the only two options i get are to "grab a severing" and another option that is literally the same thing. :s
    I've treid fixing it but i can't. :'(
    I'mm also having issues with the birthday cake thing. I've made about 20 cakes so far. The problem is, my sim auto matically places the cake in the fridge. And if i take it out, it only gives me a slice. To try to get around this problem, i paused the game right before my sim would put it away. But every time i click on the cake, the only two options i get are to "grab a severing" and another option that is literally the same thing. :s
    I've treid fixing it but i can't. :'(

Hello
    Try manually dragging the cake out of the fridge and placing it on a surface in the kitchen,
  • Lottie_Volturi1Lottie_Volturi1 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @metalfenix_Raf said:
    > I had this issue on my first wedding on the Myshuno Park a moment ago (I don't think it has to do with the location), the wedding had to be repeated like 4 times because I didn't manage to add the wedding topper (wich is the equivalent to the birthday candles) and slice the cake. I found that not every table accepts this function now, specially low tables. For example on san myshuno's park, what I did is to move one of the flower vases off the circular tables near the bar, and put the cake exactly in the center of the table. If you put it on the edges, the options doesn't work. After I put it there, voila, I could add the wedding topper and I could cut the first slice afterwards (and finally got my gold medal on the wedding).
    >
    > My guess is that something similar happens with the birthday cake, so test various tables and surfaces until you find one where the candles can be added.

If at home it normaly works if the cake is on a kitchen counter, as I couldn't add candles when it was on my dinning table.
    edited May 2018
    > @metalfenix_Raf said:
    > I had this issue on my first wedding on the Myshuno Park a moment ago (I don't think it has to do with the location), the wedding had to be repeated like 4 times because I didn't manage to add the wedding topper (wich is the equivalent to the birthday candles) and slice the cake. I found that not every table accepts this function now, specially low tables. For example on san myshuno's park, what I did is to move one of the flower vases off the circular tables near the bar, and put the cake exactly in the center of the table. If you put it on the edges, the options doesn't work. After I put it there, voila, I could add the wedding topper and I could cut the first slice afterwards (and finally got my gold medal on the wedding).
    >
    > My guess is that something similar happens with the birthday cake, so test various tables and surfaces until you find one where the candles can be added.

If at home it normaly works if the cake is on a kitchen counter, as I couldn't add candles when it was on my dinning table.

Hello @lottie_volturi1
    Welcome to the forums :) There does seem to be some surfaces that are better than others to use when putting candles on a cake. It is helpful to know that putting the cake on a kitchen counter works best for you.
  • CuddlySoulCuddlySoul Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having this same problem on console. I don’t want my child to start out depressed when she ages up because of her lack of birthday cake.
    CuddlySoul wrote: »
    I’m having this same problem on console. I don’t want my child to start out depressed when she ages up because of her lack of birthday cake.

Hello @CuddlySoul
    Try moving the cake to the fridge. Then manually move it out of the fridge, put it on a counter/table and see if the issues remain.
    Try putting the cake on different counters/tables/surfaces and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps. It can help if the cake is in the middle of the surface, not on the edge.
    Make sure that the cake is on its own on the table, with no build/buy mode items with it.
    Try a variety of different types of cakes.
  • love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    edited August 2018
    I've noticed that the cake had to be on the counter in a certain spot before the options came up to put the candles on. If I had it on the edge of the counter it worked. If it was in the center nothing came up.

Edit: Correction! I guess it just depends what type of counter it's on. I just aged up my twins. One cake was on a counter that's attached to the wall and it had to be in the center. The other cake I had on the island counter and it had to be on the edge. Sooooo I'm guessing it could be different for others...IDK
    Post edited by love7680 on