Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unsettled Odor?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    @a_niles06 Holy smokes, the 100 baby challenge in that tiny apartment! :bows down and worships: I don't think I could handle that. LOL My sim just had twins, so her older son Richard and the two infants share that tiny spare room. You must have far more patience than I, because I think I'd rip my hair out on that challenge. rofl

I absolutely adore my disgusting little apartment, but I was eyeing some of those upscale apartments, and they are very tempting! I really like the ones that have two stories. Once I completely exhaust my gritty and disgusting life in Culpepper, I may have one of Amanda's children move to uptown (or maybe it will be one of her grandchildren, we'll see!). I was popping into the other apartments in build mode yesterday and I was starting to fall in love with the views and how beautiful the settings are. I've never been able to play in a grime coated environment like I can now, though, so I really want to exhaust that first, because I have wanted this for SO LONG!!!

Ummm...yeah...we'll see how this goes, haha. I usually just cheat and start my families in bigger houses, I'm trying really hard to not cheat her any funds and make her work her way from the ground up. I've got her working in the medical field (I think the rules say no jobs outside of the home but plum it.) I have yet to play all the way through any of the hands on careers. I'm excited to see how it plays out!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    @a_niles06 Holy smokes, the 100 baby challenge in that tiny apartment! :bows down and worships: I don't think I could handle that. LOL My sim just had twins, so her older son Richard and the two infants share that tiny spare room. You must have far more patience than I, because I think I'd rip my hair out on that challenge. rofl

I absolutely adore my disgusting little apartment, but I was eyeing some of those upscale apartments, and they are very tempting! I really like the ones that have two stories. Once I completely exhaust my gritty and disgusting life in Culpepper, I may have one of Amanda's children move to uptown (or maybe it will be one of her grandchildren, we'll see!). I was popping into the other apartments in build mode yesterday and I was starting to fall in love with the views and how beautiful the settings are. I've never been able to play in a grime coated environment like I can now, though, so I really want to exhaust that first, because I have wanted this for SO LONG!!!

My daughter plays as well. I chose an apartment in the Spice District (ironically 19 Culpepper) which I am enjoying. My daughter's sim lives in the fashion district. I love the views from her windows.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @a_niles06 Oh, you could give her one of the new careers! They all have work from home options that are pretty easy to accomplish. ;)
    You are definitely more brave than I! hahaha (Seriously, I can barely handle the 3 kids my sim currently has rofl).

@Arletta I'm glad you enjoy Culpepper too, Arletta! The fashion district sure is beautiful, though. I was remodeling an apartment there yesterday and it's a lovely area. I was tempted, but the spice district is more my style. Plus, I can have pretty anytime in this game, I really want to soak up the grit until I'm desperate to see pretty again. ;) hahaha
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    SwimmingandSimmingSwimmingandSimming Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know what to do if the noxious Oder comes up but you can't find the green haze of rat urine? I've looked all over the tiny apartment it's only in my kid's room but I can't find it anywhere. What should I do?
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2017
    The apartment that has the electrical box and hot and cold water pipes showing, to keep rats and roaches down keep the water lines fixed, these attract the critters to your apartment.

Edit: If the drops are too bad from both the hot or cold water controls your get a moodlet that says uncomfortable from cold shower, or inconsistent temperature from bad pluming.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    I have a sim living in 19 Culpepper House and actually love it. It's "beautifully decorated," so the tense moodlet is usually at the back because the "beautifully decorated" is stronger. Just make sure when you remodel or redecorate that you can get to the spots where the issues happen. At 19 Culpepper, they always spawn in the same spot. I initially made the one bedroom by the bathroom bigger and got rid of the bedroom by the patio (love the patio), but when the roaches came out to play, neither the landlord or my sim could spray them. The wall was in the way even though I was able to move the wall in the first place. I had to make that bedroom one tile smaller -- at least temporarily.
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    > @SwimmingandSimming said:
    > Does anyone know what to do if the noxious Oder comes up but you can't find the green haze of rat urine? I've looked all over the tiny apartment it's only in my kid's room but I can't find it anywhere. What should I do?

Which apartment is it? I know 19 Culpepper it's in the bedroom by the patio and it's close to the wall between the patio wall (somewhere near the door).
  • Options
    SUPERsimsfan01SUPERsimsfan01 Posts: 23 New Member
    > @lele62 said:
    > > @SwimmingandSimming said:
    > > Does anyone know what to do if the noxious Oder comes up but you can't find the green haze of rat urine? I've looked all over the tiny apartment it's only in my kid's room but I can't find it anywhere. What should I do?
    >
    > Which apartment is it? I know 19 Culpepper it's in the bedroom by the patio and it's close to the wall between the patio wall (somewhere near the door).

need help figuring this out!! still have the bad odor moodlet whenever I go into the bed room with the open balcony, it's frustrating me a lot! Cannot find any odor whatsoever, already exterminated the mice.
  • Options
    LaPondLaPond Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, sorry to resume this thread but I'm having this foul smell issue in a TLC apartment (19 Culpepper) except, there is no green smoke or puddle anywhere.
    I used MCCC few months ago to remove the rat holes etc., and I've never had similar issues (if anything, I still had roaches pop up and was able to fix the issue anyway) but now I've spent over a sim-week with my sims getting the moodlet of this smell in a specific part of the apartment and I can't fix it.
    I tried to remove outdated mods and repair the game, I even moved the family out and back in, but the issue is still there.
    There aren't dirty dishes stuck or trash in the inventory, is the "rotten eggs" icon that, I guess, is specific of the TLC lots.

Is there something else I should try? I'm gonna remove all the mods and see if this does something, but I'd very much appreciate suggestions, thank you!!
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    My sims frequently become dizzy in the TLC apartment because of this odor and I noticed a smell coming from my toddler's bed so I removed it but there was nothing beneath it so I don't know what to do to fix this and I can't do anything when I click on it.
  • Options
    LaPondLaPond Posts: 4 New Member
    > @LaPond said:
    > Hi, sorry to resume this thread but I'm having this foul smell issue in a TLC apartment (19 Culpepper) except, there is no green smoke or puddle anywhere.
    > I used MCCC few months ago to remove the rat holes etc., and I've never had similar issues (if anything, I still had roaches pop up and was able to fix the issue anyway) but now I've spent over a sim-week with my sims getting the moodlet of this smell in a specific part of the apartment and I can't fix it.
    > I tried to remove outdated mods and repair the game, I even moved the family out and back in, but the issue is still there.
    > There aren't dirty dishes stuck or trash in the inventory, is the "rotten eggs" icon that, I guess, is specific of the TLC lots.
    >
    > Is there something else I should try? I'm gonna remove all the mods and see if this does something, but I'd very much appreciate suggestions, thank you!!

Don't know if quoting your own posts is against the rules or not, I just wanted to say that I went back and found the green smoke, after reading your posts, I had to remove a wall to find it.
  • Options
    Jaffaahmmy26Jaffaahmmy26 Posts: 1 New Member
    when the odor mood-let came up for me i found the odor and clicked on it a couple times and after that it came up with 'complain to land lord' and 'attempt to fix' either one works! ;)