Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge with new themes every month and voting for winners

Comments

• Options
    MsMarvel98MsMarvel98 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, last minute submission! My story is "Together" on mysimlit.wordpress.com :)
  • Options
    Hey, just checking my story is still eligible for this month? :) And Happy New Year <3
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @MsMarvel98 Yep, it is :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018

January’s Theme: Misunderstandings

They happen… but will a little (or not-so-little) blunder by your sims turn into a funny story, a complete mess, or something else entirely?

Special Rules: No special rules this month. The normal limits of 500-1,000 words and 1-12 screenshots still apply.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by 12 pm on January 31st, Central Time)
    Identical Pain by @megalodonsimmer
    Surprise Party by @Karilan
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
    Post edited by Pegasus143 on
  • Options
    Ooh, this looks like a fun theme!
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Hey guys, guess what? I'm on time today! :D
    Voting Is OPEN

Voting for December 2017 winners will be open from January 1st to January 7th, 12 pm Central time

Click here to vote

Rules:
    • Select your three favorite stories
    • No soliciting votes.

1st place goes to the story with the most votes, 2nd place to the one with the 2nd most amount, etc, etc.

Click here to see a list of all the entries
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Time conversions:
    worldzones.gif
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    I just woke up when I saw this, so I accidentally misread and only voted for one story :|
  • Options
    That's okay, Ms Marvel. I can send you a PM, and you can put in the other two votes if you want there. :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    Hi! I wanted to submit a "for fun" entry because I can't really access The Sims at the moment for screenshots, but I don't have a separate blog or anything... should I just, post it here when I'm done with my entry?
  • Options
    @Xylorta-XV Hi! You can make a new thread in the appropriate section of the forums and post the link to that thread here... you could even add pics at a later date if you'd like!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    How's everything with the December poll? Do we find out the results soon?

(And thanks again, so much, for doing this! I appreciate all the work it takes to keep this running! :) )
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea Poll's up to @SilentWolf101 :)
    And you're very welcome... it's work, but definitely very rewarding.
  • Options
    Sorry I'm so late, guys. Here's December's winners. :)

In third place we have:
    In second place we have: .
    In first place we have:
  • Options
    Looks like I'm a little late as well... but banners are now pm'd out!
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    The fact that there haven't been any entries for this month yet are...worrisome.

But I'm sure the writers are busy with things going on in their lives. Nothing wrong if a monthly theme goes unused, I'm sure.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    Yes, it is worrisome. :( But, there's still 5 more days, so who knows what will pop up?
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I do intend to submit a story this month, I hope others do as well! I've got Monday and Tuesday off work so I figured I'd have plenty of time to put the screenshots together. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    I'm trying! LoL been so busy lately! I'm gonna get on it tomorrow morning, I've got all the idea down, just need to write it out. Hopefully shouldn't take more than a couple days.
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • Options
    megalodonsimmermegalodonsimmer Posts: 150 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm working on an idea that I should hopefully have done in the next couple days. I've just been caught up in getting ahead in my legacy so I don't push it off when school starts getting crazy.

Update: I have it written, screenshotting tonight and hopefully I'll have it posted my the end of the night.
    Post edited by megalodonsimmer on
    FaUPP49.jpg
    EA Origin ID: megalodonlive
  • Options
    Finished my January entry! Identical Pain
    FaUPP49.jpg
  • Options
    I won't be participating in this month's challenge unfortunately - inspiration still hasn't struck, and I'll be busy the next couple of days. Well, who knows - my last entry was submitted two days before the deadline xD
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I wanted to submit something for this month but I'm either struggling with an ending or getting it within the limit :joy: Maybe I'll make it
    Or maybe not
    :joy:
  • Options
    Cement wrote: Β»
    I wanted to submit something for this month but I'm either struggling with an ending or getting it within the limit :joy: Maybe I'll make it
    Or maybe not
    :joy:

I struggled hard with the limit this month lol. My original draft of the idea ended up being over 2000 works and I had to strip the story down to the necessities. Fingers crossed that it works.
    FaUPP49.jpg
  • Options
    @megalodonsimmer Yay! An entry!
    @Cement If you end up not being able to cut the word count down, you can always enter into the for fun category.
  • Options
    There's still about 3 hours left to submit entries for January, but I'm going to post February's theme now....