Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLits - A Short Story Challenge with new themes every month and voting for winners

Comments

• Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Here's my "for fun" entry for November: Together
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Hey, I should probably post the results now...

Here's October's winners. :)

In third place we have:
    In second place we have: .
    In first place we have:
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Thank you so much! <3 Loved all the haunting stories last month.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    Congratulations to the other winners! Can't wait to read the November submissions! <3<3
  • Options
    FREIDAPEARLFREIDAPEARL Posts: 13 New Member
    Thank you! This was a super fun contest and I loved all the stories. :smiley:
  • Options
    ChandsChands Posts: 2,763 Member
    Hi everyone. :)

After reading the submissions made for October, I was so inspired to attempt a story of my own for Novembers challenge.

Here is my submission for the November SimLit Challenge: I Have Seen Fear And It Is Myself

Really looking forward to reading all the other submissions :)
  • Options
    Babygirl80PlyrBabygirl80Plyr Posts: 1,493 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hey guys <3
    Here's my submission for November, jump. You can find it over on my wordpress.
    Good luck and happy writing everyone <3
  • Options
    MsMarvel98MsMarvel98 Posts: 34 Member
    Hi everyone, newbie here! I've read pretty much all the monthly stories - such a shame I missed the voting for October
  • Options
    Whoops, sorry about that cut-off message. I have an entry for this month, but this forum is not allowing me to post links. How can I submit my story?
  • Options
    My Wordpress is Kira's Creative Corner, and my story for submission is Courage Will Be Thy Saviour :)
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    If you remove the https part of the link, then you should be able to post the link. :) If you can post that, then I can get you linked up in the main post.

As of right now, I think I may have found the story. Is this it? https://mysimlit.wordpress.com/2017/11/18/sim-short-courage-will-be-thy-saviour/
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @MsMarvel98 Hi! I'm really glad that you've read some previous entries and decided to participate! The forum should let you post your link if, after pasting it into a new post here, you take off the http:// or https:// part at the beginning.
  • Options
    Hi guys, thanks for your help! Yes. @SilentWolf101, that's the one - thanks for reading!
    mysimlit.wordpress.com/2017/11/18/sim-short-courage-will-be-thy-saviour/
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Congratulations to the October winners! :star:
  • Options
    FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    Congrats to the October winners!

Just found this forum (new member) and I'm so excited to see what's in store for December!! I might have to participate, I love love sim stories! Sounds fun!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @FidgetyAtom Welcome to the forums! We'd love to have you participate! That also reminds me... I need to write the theme for December... :D
  • Options
    Just a reminder to anyone who's still working on an entry: tomorrow is November 30th and the last day to enter if you want your entry to be voting-eligible. :)
  • Options
    I think I made it in time? Hopefully, I had this idea all month just couldn't get the words out! :p
    Choices
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Sarahkay Yep, you made it! In fact, here's December's theme.

December’s Theme: Reminiscence

Reminiscence—noun—
    1. A story told about a past event remembered by the narrator
    2. The enjoyable recollection of past events
    3. (plural) A collection in literary form of incidents and experiences that someone remembers
    4. A characteristic of one thing reminding or suggestive of another

Since 2017 is coming to a close, I’ve been looking back and reflecting on everything that’s happened, which led me to the word “reminiscence”. For this month’s challenge, theme your story around one or more definitions of the word—they don’t necessarily have to be listed here; the above list is there just given for a starting point.

Special Rules: Reminisce more with 500-2000 words and 1-15 screenshots.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by 12 pm on December 31st, Central Time)
    Eyes Tell All by @Sarahkay
    The Last Day by @FidgetyAtom
    August 31 by @megalodonsimmer
    Evensong by @CathyTea
    Memoria by @rednenemon
    Twisted Roots by @Karilan
    Together by @MsMarvel98
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)
    Third Time's a Charm by @Pegasus143
    Post edited by Pegasus143 on
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I realize I may have left this late - far too late! But it is still 10 minutes to midnight where I live haha.

The Dangers You Face - November entry.

If it is too late, I'm fine with it being in the "for fun" entries. :)

Love the theme for December, I'll let ideas brew in my head...
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    OO yay! December 1st. I can't wait to see stories told.
    I don't know yet if I will be able to participate, though I'll try and get the story done. RL has me packing and packing. I'm moving on Dec 23rd, so, time is a thing.
    Good luck to everyone!
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • Options
    @Karilan I realized that we never explicitly stated which timezone's midnight submissions need to be in by, so I'll put yours on the submissions list and we'll make sure to add that it's midnight central time to future posts.
    @FidgetyAtom Good luck on moving!
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    @Sarahkay Yep, you made it! In fact, here's December's theme.

December’s Theme: Reminiscence

Reminiscence—noun—
    1. A story told about a past event remembered by the narrator
    2. The enjoyable recollection of past events
    3. (plural) A collection in literary form of incidents and experiences that someone remembers
    4. A characteristic of one thing reminding or suggestive of another

Since 2017 is coming to a close, I’ve been looking back and reflecting on everything that’s happened, which led me to the word “reminiscence”. For this month’s challenge, theme your story around one or more definitions of the word—they don’t necessarily have to be listed here; the above list is there just given for a starting point.

Special Rules: Reminisce more with 500-2000 words and 1-15 screenshots.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Submissions: (in order to be voting eligible, stories in this category must follow all word and screenshot limits as listed under "Special Rules" above and be submitted by 12 pm on December 31st, Central Time)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "For Fun" Entries: (Any stories listed here are inspired by the monthly theme, but don't follow all the rules of the challenge and aren't in the monthly poll. Sometimes writers can't put limits on their creativity, and that's all good. Enjoy!)

I have the perfect idea for this but now to find my way back into the swing of things
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    I am slightly proud to say I worked up my December entry, in my head, on my 45 minuet drive home. All typed up, now all that's left to do is figure out the images. Funny how one theme can be so hard to type out while another flows so smoothly! <3Love this months theme!
  • Options
    @lisabee2 @Sarahkay Wow, you both came up with ideas so quickly!