Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show Us Your Apartments!

Comments

• Options
    Moo1995Moo1995 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this new expansion pack, having the thrill and excitement of being able to live in the city is amazing. I'm loving the apartment living and the penthouses... Was hoping for a long time Sims would bring out something like this. :) Also love the new available jobs this expansion pack has given us.... Great fun!!
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    tumblr_ohe6ca4V7m1sisn5to2_r1_1280.png
    This is not the best picture but I wanted to show it in its entirety: Salim Benali's appartment was a disgrace, I had to renovate it.
    This was all done with his starting budget, so it's very bare bones.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Moo1995 wrote: »
    I love this new expansion pack, having the thrill and excitement of being able to live in the city is amazing. I'm loving the apartment living and the penthouses... Was hoping for a long time Sims would bring out something like this. :) Also love the new available jobs this expansion pack has given us.... Great fun!!

question do you think its fun that we cant build our own appartments and that we are limited only the few that we have. i mean i kind of feel like you are lucky you feel like its enough. but i mean is it really too bad too sad for someone like me who feels like the appartments are not enough like wishes oh idk i could actually build my own appartments rather then be limited by premade apparments which may or may not suit my playstyle. like is the only soultion to change your playstyle then.
  • Options
    AntidotesAntidotes Posts: 36 Member
    17 Culpepper House

I sometimes try to decorate with more colours, but It always ends up being super white and clean. Cant hide my minimalism.

jzd82g.png
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Antidotes wrote: »
    17 Culpepper House

I sometimes try to decorate with more colours, but It always ends up being super white and clean. Cant hide my minimalism.

jzd82g.png

My best friend would love that apartment! Her taste is very similar.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

17 Culpepper. Vampire lair.

dhag5u.jpg
    24v8chz.jpg
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member

dhag5u.jpg
    24v8chz.jpg

I love it so much.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    9FDlEIT.png

And this one... but its still in progress

YGY1mKh.png
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member
    Ironically, I am in love with those all-white builds! Wow! It's so clean, yet there's still a lot of details. Less is more in this case. <3
  • Options
    AntidotesAntidotes Posts: 36 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    9FDlEIT.png

YGY1mKh.png

aahh, I love the floor in that second photo, do you happen to remember where it is from?

• Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    edited February 2017
    My main sim is an alien & art enthusiast so, i've tried to make her apartment reflect that.Please excuse the sims in the pics, as i usually don't have pics of empty rooms(and i'm too lazy to do it now).

Living room/Dining room
    31daa860-ccb6-484e-8c2c-6a6ca4d01d3e.png

Master bedroom
    01-30-17_11-19-28AM.png

Kids Room
    01-31-17_7-36-22PM.png
  • Options
    @Antidotes Iam going to check it as soon as get home! :)
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3

• Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member

dhag5u.jpg
    24v8chz.jpg

Is this on the gallery?? I love it!
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »

dhag5u.jpg
    24v8chz.jpg

Is this on the gallery?? I love it!

Yes, it is. You'll need to build the wall and doors for the bathroom and bedroom. I made it one room to put the whole apartment on the gallery. Here is the link.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1DB415C5EBD611E6850F9BB546B89220?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=INDYANNA2&max=50&maxis=false

I used the layout to build a house at this link.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D5BE17F9ED0B11E6834166E3E080B4FA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=INDYANNA2&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options

12-01-2017 <3

• Options
    UiRzFJuh.png
    To add to the 17 Culpepper series going on !

I've been experimenting with scale lately. How small is too small ? How much can I reduce rooms and still have sims live comfortably, be able to use everything, walk around anything (without weird path finding and detour) and entertain a few guests ?
    17 Culpepper is actually pretty spacious. The bedrooms are bigger than I'd like and thus ended up quite empty, but the window placement dictate their size. Shame, I would have like one more tile wide for a proper kitchen.
    8smtxQIl.pngEQfD2itl.png

Next up for the challenge is 21 chic street and that's not gonna be easy.
  • Options
    TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    9FDlEIT.png

YGY1mKh.png

These are gorgeous! I wish The Sims made items like that!
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    Here's a few of my favourite apartments I've done so far :)

1310 21 Chic Street

N1nfcj1.jpg
    Sl5dhWP.jpg

910 Medina Studios

lFvBf15.jpg
    5dpbzGo.png
    Kk3XZmT.jpg
    8O78z4Z.jpg

19 Culpepper House

7nsanCa.jpg
    L7bXrxe.jpg
    igIWnia.jpg
    13KJIno.jpg
    I6p8aGw.jpg
    Xn4p2Mp.jpg

Still love looking at the posts in this thread! Have a happy day everyone! :)

The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    How do you place furniture so that it is not on a 45? I've wondered how that is done.
  • Options
    BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    @AndreaTheHero You're really creative haha :)
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    How do you place furniture so that it is not on a 45? I've wondered how that is done.
    You need to switch to sims 3 camera, in the camera option next to the wall selection, and you can rotate the item with alt (and left click ? I think)

@TheBristolSimmer I love everything about your game !
  • Options
    @happyopi Thankyou! :)

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Blargian wrote: »
    @AndreaTheHero You're really creative haha :)

Thank you! I love seeing everyone else's creations too. One of my favorite things about the sims :)
  • Options
    Another reno of a spice district apartment :smile:

18 Culpepper House - #thebristolsimmer #18culpepperhouse

8KXELYu.jpg
    E8oQEiw.jpg
    4XcQS9p.jpg
    xb20T2R.jpg
    mtxP9bN.jpg
    TxB50KL.png
    AebQhrh.jpg

Enjoy! :) xoxo

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Options
    teeteelouiseteeteelouise Posts: 121 Member
    Is this white dresser with the shelf (4th pic) in one of the packs? Or custom? Also I would like one in real life lol.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    920 Medina Studios

PWxwxLV.png

lXeebeu.png
    spZNv9z.png
    87iAADk.png
    DKqsrW0.png

I made it a 2 bedroom, but my single sim who is going to be an activist has moved in. Antonio cleaning up after last night's welcome wagon.

2ItDGc1.png