Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City living did you know?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    When you place a talking toilet in a bathroom and a sim is already inside that room, back in live mode the sim makes a shocked face/gestures. The queque calls the interaction "What's THIS?!"
    I wish I had a picture of it, but I was laughing too hard whe it happened. It reminded me so much to the forum discussion about that toilet.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm reading through this thread and I'm learning so much about this expansion, the developers really did put a lot of detail here and there didn't they?
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I just found out you can talk to the toilet about its robot overlords. This just gets better and better.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I'm reading through this thread and I'm learning so much about this expansion, the developers really did put a lot of detail here and there didn't they?

did they really because i feel like its a bit shallow. compared to previous city eps.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »

did they really because i feel like its a bit shallow. compared to previous city eps.

That comes down to personal taste. I actually prefer this one because to me, as a city dweller myself (I live downtown in a big city), it feels more like a city does than previous versions, which felt like skyscrapers, nightlife, and missed the rest of city life. To me, previous version interpreted "city" in a shallower, more stereotyped way. But we don't have to agree on that, and it's not what this topic is actually about. It's about the details that are there, not whether you like them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Not sure this has been already posted, but did you know that you can "post"/talk about the camping vacation to your followers through the phone, if you are in the social media career and go to Granite Falls?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NuJeruCitizenNuJeruCitizen Posts: 13 New Member
    Did you know that there are rabbit hole events such as opera and circus?
    Did you know that some sims disapprove of other sims blowing the bubble blower?
    Did you know it can make your sims high?
    Did you know as a politician you can make false promises and ask for a bribe?

Yeah one of my Sims is a police officer and she doesn't approve of the bubble blower and I think its safe to say that their (if you can call it that)
  • Options
    [/quote]
    Yeah one of my Sims is a police officer and she doesn't approve of the bubble blower and I think its safe to say that their (if you can call it that)[/quote]

I meant I think it's safe to say that their reactions from the bubble blower is a "Sims high" (if you can call it that)
  • Options
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    Did you know that there are rabbit hole events such as opera and circus?
    Did you know that some sims disapprove of other sims blowing the bubble blower?
    Did you know it can make your sims high?
    Did you know as a politician you can make false promises and ask for a bribe?

actually its not really being high because rated teen.

Oh it might not say it makes your sims high, but those moodlet descriptions do, haha.

It's the Sims version of high
  • Options
    apparently neighboors will come into your appartment to put out fires if you start one. i just found that out today.
  • Options
    They'll also come over and drop dead in your apartment.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    Did you know that when your Sims move into a "Gremlin" apartment that Everything breaks Every night? Not making that mistake again.
  • Options
    lumossimslumossims Posts: 100 Member
    Thank you everyone for posting all these comments, I brought city living about two weeks ago and all these comments are really helping with my gameplay!
  • Options
    here is another one appartmently neighboors will want to come over if you bake a cake since it smells good and will want a piece lol.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    My Sim has a big screen TV, so my Sim's neighbors want to come over when they're board.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    The paintings sold at the romance festival are fake. My sim bought one and placed it one a wall at home. I wondered why it was valued 0 simoleans, because it had cost over 300. Later the painting turned into ashes.
  • Options
    The paintings sold at the romance festival are fake. My sim bought one and placed it one a wall at home. I wondered why it was valued 0 simoleans, because it had cost over 300. Later the painting turned into ashes.

Was it a painting of a vampire?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member

Was it a painting of a vampire?

OMG This is hilarious! :D
  • Options
    TaurusSiimmerTaurusSiimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Did you know that if you workout your neighbor will complain for being too noisy?
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    Did you Know if you do the "Dream Big' Interaction on the Basketball goal repeatedly your sim fitness max out to level 10 in less then 10 minutes...must be a glitch but i found out two days ago from watching another simmer on Youtube...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2017
    My Sim has a big screen TV, so my Sim's neighbors want to come over when they're board.

They also want to come over when one of your Sims is making music.

Also, beware of your neighbors (Jang) when moving into 122 Hakim House (in the Arts Quarter)
    If you introduce yourself to them (as their neighbors), there is a big chance that the daughter or her father will, every now and then, just invite themselves into your apartment ("because we are so good friends" ).
    The only way to prevent this is, to have noone of your family introduce themselves to the Jangs (which, of course, also means to stop the welcome wagn), or to lock the door to everyone except your family
  • Options
    Proteus42 wrote: »

Also, beware of your neighbors (Jang) when moving into 122 Hakim House (in the Arts Quarter)
    If you introduce yourself to them (as their neighbors), there is a big chance that the daughter or her father will, every now and then, just invite themselves into your apartment ("because we are so good friends" ).
    The only way to prevent this is, to have noone of your family introduce themselves to the Jangs (which, of course, also means to stop the welcome wagn), or to lock the door to everyone except your family
    They do that in every apartment as far as I know. My vampire Sim lives in the Spice District, and she's always getting neighbors coming over. Especially when she cooks.

Handy tip: If your neighbors are woo-hooing or fighting, you can get them to stop by practicing singing or singing in the shower.
    It works great if your vampire is thirsty too. Start singing, wait for the angry neighbor to appear, listen to them gripe, and then "Compel For A Deep Drink." Quiets them right down.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2017

They do that in every apartment as far as I know. My vampire Sim lives in the Spice District, and she's always getting neighbors coming over. Especially when she cooks.

Coming over and knocking at your door, yes, I have this very often in every apartment.
    But (instead of knocking) just inviting themselves and entering the apartment without your consent ... I have only experienced this with the Jangs in 122 Harkim House
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Coming over and knocking at your door, yes, I have this very often in every apartment.
    But (instead of knocking) just inviting themselves and entering the apartment without your consent ... I have only experienced this with the Jangs in 122 Harkim House

LOL sorry... This made me giggle... I did not play in that district yet and don't know these Sims. But none of the other neighbors ever came in without being introduced to my Sim. This is weird, that in your game some Sims just run into your apartment.