Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL Q&A - Answers to your gameplay questions here

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    There's only one. Jesminder
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    As I said in the first post ;)

Totes didn't see that. Herp derp. Ignore meeee.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    As I said in the first post ;)

Totes didn't see that. Herp derp. Ignore meeee.

:D

Yeah, I know, I caused a bit confusion with that.

Anyways, enjoy the EP
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Hi Crinrict, thank you for doing this! What exactly does the Filthy lot trait do? Does it only dirty up the surfaces that are generally dirtied, or does it give the carpet, walls, cabinets etc a layer of grime?
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    Can we select the Needs TLC trait for all lots or is it only available for the cheapest apartments? I never seen it available when watching their live streams.

Is there a product stand and if there is, is it available all of the time or is it a stand that only appears with the festivals?

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Hi Crinrict, thank you for doing this! What exactly does the Filthy lot trait do? Does it only dirty up the surfaces that are generally dirtied, or does it give the carpet, walls, cabinets etc a layer of grime?

I'll check that after dinner
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    MicemSims wrote: »
    Can we select the Needs TLC trait for all lots or is it only available for the cheapest apartments? I never seen it available when watching their live streams.

Is there a product stand and if there is, is it available all of the time or is it a stand that only appears with the festivals?

Thanks. :)

It's one of the lot traits that are only available on two or three of the apartments. Can't be removed or added to other lots (modders will find a way, I'm sure though)

I've seen produce stands outside of festivals as well.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    Are there several colors for the stairs? If you can post pics, could you? I wanted more stairs and I like these so far.
  • Options
    Katzc wrote: »
    Are there several colors for the stairs? If you can post pics, could you? I wanted more stairs and I like these so far.

Also checking after dinner
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Whenever you (or anyone) has time... can sims living in regular houses in other worlds also give keys for friends to come visit their home? Or is that a San Myshuno only thing?
  • Options
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    Whenever you (or anyone) has time... can sims living in regular houses in other worlds also give keys for friends to come visit their home? Or is that a San Myshuno only thing?

I don't think so because they are called apartment keys but I've been wrong about the whole key thing before so I do not want to lean much out of the window without checking.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options

I'll check that after dinner

The description given: From clogging sewers to grimy counters, this place seems to get dirty really quickly.

I just gave my apartement the trait and it looks the same as before atm. I think it's just getting dirty quickly but I'll let you know if that changes.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options

Are you sure there's new stairs ? I filtered for CL and it doesn't show me any ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Yeah I saw a review by LukethePlumbob and in his video of CL content, he had a staircase shown. That was in the review anyway. Edited: Sorry there are no new stairs, but new RAILS. Sorry 'bout that.
  • Options
    Yeah I saw a review by LukethePlumbob and in his video of CL content, he had a staircase shown. That was in the review anyway. Edited: Sorry there are no new stairs, but new RAILS. Sorry 'bout that.

Do you wanna know about the rails then ?
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options

I used a family living in a house and befriended a Sim to the point where I could ask her to move in. There was no key option.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member

I used a family living in a house and befriended a Sim to the point where I could ask her to move in. There was no key option.

Aww, boo. :( Thanks for checking though! I bet that's something modders could make for us pretty easily.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    How many premade Sims are there? Are any of them returning Sims from past games or are they all new? :)
  • Options
    How many premade Sims are there? Are any of them returning Sims from past games or are they all new? :)

They are all new.

I posted them in my preview article from the German event: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/10/city-living-event-in-cologne/
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Since this was stickied and many are already playing the game, I'd say: Who ever knows an answer, please post. I won't have time tomorrow anyways so let's make this a General Q/A

I can't edit the first post unfortunately as this is a sticky post.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Hi guys,

EA has provided me with an early access copy and I've been playing on the weekend (and yes, I thoroughly tested that key thing)

Let me know if you have any specific questions or stuff I can try for you

You can def. give your key to anyone and they'll pop into your apartment .. ALL the time.

@crinrict - Thanks for making this thread. I hope you don't mind that I don't have specific game play questions. But I wanted to know if you're having any issues getting to the Gallery or if your game is lagging after installing CL? My game has been lagging ever since that patch & it takes forever to get to the Gallery; I'm a bit uncertain about loading City Living tonight, as I still haven't had a solution to the problem. I've reset my Sims 4 folder, repaired the game, etc. So I'm curious...how City Living is running on your computer...if you're able to go to the Gallery, and if you did, how you fixed the problem?
  • Options
    Sorry I just got back @crinrict--If you don't mind, I would like to know if the rails are other than the white that was shown. If you can, I'd appreciate it.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    Hi guys,

EA has provided me with an early access copy and I've been playing on the weekend (and yes, I thoroughly tested that key thing)

You can def. give your key to anyone and they'll pop into your apartment .. ALL the time.

@crinrict - Thanks for making this thread. I hope you don't mind that I don't have specific game play questions. But I wanted to know if you're having any issues getting to the Gallery or if your game is lagging after installing CL? My game has been lagging ever since that patch & it takes forever to get to the Gallery; I'm a bit uncertain about loading City Living tonight, as I still haven't had a solution to the problem. I've reset my Sims 4 folder, repaired the game, etc. So I'm curious...how City Living is running on your computer...if you're able to go to the Gallery, and if you did, how you fixed the problem?

Have you made sure your game is the correct version? After the patch last week it changed everyone's settings to run sims 32bit in origin. When I switched it back to 64bit my lag went away
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Do the new recipes require produce ingredients?
  • Options
    Hi guys,

This seems to be happening for those that have many items in their tray folder. Try moving it to the desktop.

I don't have any performance issues.
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top