Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL Q&A - Answers to your gameplay questions here

Comments

• Options
    lolatortlolatort Posts: 38 Member
    @rosemow thank you for your help! Yeah, I guess so too – maybe someday I'll figure out which one :smiley:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    PaulaJediPaulaJedi Posts: 36 Member
    OK, I am unable to create a new discussion, so I will place this here.

City Living - I just downloaded and installed. I created a Sim. Now, I am disappointed to see that my game has NO pre-built apartments or penthouses. My ONLY option is to build my own. This also means I will have to fill all the apartments I build myself. I'm not always in the mood to create. Sometimes I just want to play. Am I doing something wrong or is this how City Living works? I wanted to just move my sim into a pre-built place and start playing but my game only has empty lots. Suggestions? Thanks.
  • Options
    PaulaJedi wrote: »
    OK, I am unable to create a new discussion, so I will place this here.

City Living - I just downloaded and installed. I created a Sim. Now, I am disappointed to see that my game has NO pre-built apartments or penthouses. My ONLY option is to build my own. This also means I will have to fill all the apartments I build myself. I'm not always in the mood to create. Sometimes I just want to play. Am I doing something wrong or is this how City Living works? I wanted to just move my sim into a pre-built place and start playing but my game only has empty lots. Suggestions? Thanks.

Hello @PaulaJedi
    Make sure that you have chosen to have your sims live in San Myshuno. It may be that you have moved them into Newcrest instead, which only has empty lots. The apartments are only in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    Simmer1983Simmer1983 Posts: 8 New Member
    yeah, we need the skyscraper cheat from sims 3 in the sims 4
  • Options
    hayliejoneshayliejones Posts: 4 New Member
    WHERE ARE THE PETS!?!?? I'm about to quit playing until pets comes out, like a strike.......
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited June 2017
    Question: Is the City Living food T-pose/reset issue going to be fixed anytime soon? It's been a long time since the EP came out, and I'm still having this issue. It only happens with City Living foods, and when my Sims sit down to eat them. For some reason this doesn't happen when they eat them standing up.
  • Options
    Question: Is the City Living food T-pose/reset issue going to be fixed anytime soon? It's been a long time since the EP came out, and I'm still having this issue. It only happens with City Living foods, and when my Sims sit down to eat them. For some reason this doesn't happen when they eat them standing up.

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread, about it is affecting your sims
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Sims-Resetting/m-p/5029270#M19176
    If you haven't already done this, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Why does the noisy neighbor thing happen every few minutes? It it way too often. I've got 4 toddlers and it is majorly interfering with gameplay. They are instantly angry every time and is killing parenting play. I love playing my apartment sims, but fear I'm going to have to move them to the suburbs in order to raise the Lil fellas good and responsible.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hello~

I recently started throwing more parties on venue lots or at least tried too. The disappointment is, it has to be a certain type of lot. For example I had to make the blowing alley/Karaoke bar a "museum" for us to go there. Then everyone else that came just walked around looking at stuff, no one was enjoying themselves it was sad....

Question is, is there an expansion pack that gets ride of party restrictions or makes them a bit more bearable? or lets you throw parties anywhere or at a generic lot?

Or an in-game cheat? A mod maybe?

Thanks for any help!~
  • Options
    OziOzi Posts: 22 Member
    Can we add burglers to the base game?
  • Options
    Ozi wrote: »
    Can we add burglers to the base game?

Hello @Ozi
    There are no burglars in the Sims 4 game .
    It would be best to post your Ep ideas on a thread in the Sims 4 Ideas section of the forums
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-ideas-corner
  • Options
    HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    I can't get my electricity back. First my sim tried to fix it herself but nothing happened and now the options of fixing it or calling a landlord don't come at all. Does anyone know what's wrong? Is it a bug or is there another way to call landlord for help other than clicking the electricity thing?
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Helkkuli wrote: »
    I can't get my electricity back. First my sim tried to fix it herself but nothing happened and now the options of fixing it or calling a landlord don't come at all. Does anyone know what's wrong? Is it a bug or is there another way to call landlord for help other than clicking the electricity thing?

Hello @Helkkuli
    Try having your sims travel to another lot and then back home again , then see if the issue remains.
    If the issue remains, come completely out of the game. Then reload the game, and select the option for autolights, and see if that helps.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    I was wondering : If I create some NPCs in CAS but do not assign them a house (so they are not in the world) will the game use them, like say for bartenders, or random people walking by, or dj's, etc. )
  • Options
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I was wondering : If I create some NPCs in CAS but do not assign them a house (so they are not in the world) will the game use them, like say for bartenders, or random people walking by, or dj's, etc. )

Hello
    The game uses sims when the occasion is required that a sim is needed to do a task. Your created sims may be used. You can help the game to use your sims by deleting other " not in world " NPC sims that the game has generated. When you have many of your own NPC sims, it can help to stop the game generating as many new ones to fill roles.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Thank you very much @rosemow
  • Options
    MelindaDeeMelindaDee Posts: 8 New Member
    Similar question to Tixyen. I've only had CL for about a week now but want to throw parties on public lots b/c it is hard to throw one in a small apartment. I assume that you can only throw parties on certain lot types but why can't I throw a party at the Art Gallery in the Arts district? Any workarounds/advice for having larger parties IN the city?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    MelindaDee wrote: »
    Similar question to Tixyen. I've only had CL for about a week now but want to throw parties on public lots b/c it is hard to throw one in a small apartment. I assume that you can only throw parties on certain lot types but why can't I throw a party at the Art Gallery in the Arts district? Any workarounds/advice for having larger parties IN the city?

Maybe start up a party club and make certain destinations places your Party goes. I can't think of any other way really. I don't use mods in Sims 4 so I am not aware of if there are mods out there that might also help.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited October 2017
    So there's a known bug where the bubble blower keeps producing sound even after deleting the object. Unfortunately, one of my saves is for sure affected by that. But lately I was wondering - is the bubble blower supposed to be silent when not used at all? It seems logical to me that it should, but then again we have these gaming machines from GT that make constant noise.
    It seems that all bubble blowers in my games keep producing sound all the time and it kinda annoying, to be honest. But I'm not sure if that's part off a bug or just something by design.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2017
    So there's a known bug where the bubble blower keeps producing sound even after deleting the object. Unfortunately, one of my saves is for sure affected by that. But lately I was wondering - is the bubble blower supposed to be silent when not used at all? It seems logical to me that it should, but then again we have these gaming machines from GT that make constant noise.
    It seems that all bubble blowers in my games keep producing sound all the time and it kinda annoying, to be honest. But I'm not sure if that's part off a bug or just something by design.

Curious here - are you talking about the bubble blowers placed by the game at the festivals? If you are where the game places them - you're deleting them, I believe, does not really make them gone (it just makes them invisible) as the game should still see them there - thus the sound of them would still exist. I believe when you delete any AI controlled object you could be creating the bugs as technically I do not believe we can legitimately delete any part of the festivals as the AI is programmed to set up and run all those items there, so it provides the sound, etc and everything involved in the festival placed objects. We have technically no control at all with the CL festivals.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited October 2017

Hello
    I saw that you posted on the AHQ EA thread about this occurring. I will post the link to the thread so as other simmers who are having this occur can post feedback there also
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Bubble-Blower-keeps-producing-noise/m-p/5693580#M30106

The bubble machine shouldn’t keep making sounds in your game .
    Try resetting the sims 4 folder and see if that helps.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Thank you @rosemow , it clarifys the issue.
    I've got one save with a bug where the sound stays both on the houselot and in the festival places. I know that one is a bug. But I've also noticed that all my bubble blowers keep producing sound, even when not used. And that happens also in the saves with no problem at festival places. Weird thing...
    I've never deleted any of festival objects during the festival. I'm not even sure how to do that, to be honest ;)
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited November 2017
    Dont know if this is the right place to ask lol but does anyone know how long each life stage lasts for cats and dogs?
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top