Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL Q&A - Answers to your gameplay questions here

Comments

• Options
    DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Darkwingz wrote: »
    Oh, and repair and update did nothing to fix it.

Is the issue occurring on the main screen before you have loaded any save games?

Yes, and to be honest if I have to rebuild everything and kill off the presets a third time again, I might be considering quitting, so a reinstall is just too much of a pain for me to do.
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member

Is the issue occurring on the main screen before you have loaded any save games?

Yes, and to be honest if I have to rebuild everything and kill off the presets a third time again, I might be considering quitting, so a reinstall is just too much of a pain for me to do.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

I found the Origin Games file, but nothing like that. To be honest, the whole 'fix' seems needlessly complex, and I don't really understand why save files aren't saved directly on the Origin client.
  • Options

I found the Origin Games file, but nothing like that. To be honest, the whole 'fix' seems needlessly complex, and I don't really understand why save files aren't saved directly on the Origin client.

The sims 4 folder is found in documents not in program files.
    The location is Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 folder. The save files folder is in the sims 4 folder.

If you still have issues finding the sims 4 folder, try searching the computer to find the " tray" or " mods" folder, then that will show you where the sims 4 folder is.
  • Options

The location is Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 folder. The save files folder is in the sims 4 folder.

If you still have issues finding the sims 4 folder, try searching the computer to find the " tray" or " mods" folder, then that will show you where the sims 4 folder is.

The problem with the client seems to be that one of the bits doesn't work at all from the menu, and the other works just fine.
  • Options

The problem with the client seems to be that one of the bits doesn't work at all from the menu, and the other works just fine.

Hello
    I am a little unsure what you mean. Are you having problems using origin, or are the issues with sims 4 game itself? I am sorry :(
  • Options
    PharmaNickPharmaNick Posts: 6 New Member
    hey, I didn't know where to comment this (since I can't create anew thread because I'm actually not that active in the forums) so here goes: I like lot traits, but I'm bothered by the fact with the goblins, since it always breaks everything, I thought it would break a few things, but when you have a three story house and everything breaks its really annoying, is it possible for the sims team to tune that? or I just roll with it? or anyone knows about a mod to tune that?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    PharmaNick wrote: »
    hey, I didn't know where to comment this (since I can't create anew thread because I'm actually not that active in the forums) so here goes: I like lot traits, but I'm bothered by the fact with the goblins, since it always breaks everything, I thought it would break a few things, but when you have a three story house and everything breaks its really annoying, is it possible for the sims team to tune that? or I just roll with it? or anyone knows about a mod to tune that?

Hello @PharmaNick
    Having the gnomes trait at the same time can help with the effects of the gremlins trait.
    If you find that the gremlins trait causes too many items breaking, it may be best to remove the trait and replace it with a different trait.
  • Options
    KaityleeKaitylee Posts: 3 New Member
    Would anyone be able to tell me why my human sim and her alien husband had a vampire baby?
  • Options
    Kaitylee wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to tell me why my human sim and her alien husband had a vampire baby?

Hello @Kaitylee
    Is the baby now a toddler, and has vampire eyes? This doesn't mean that the toddler is a vampire. It is caused by cc. If that is what has occurred, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the vampire eyes are still there
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

That's ... odd. What mods are you using? How can tell you tell the baby is a Vampire?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising I'm not using any mods. I went into CAS mode to fix the toddlers clothes and in the personality portion the icon for vampire is there indicating the toddler is a vampire
  • Options
    @rosemow I'm not using any mods and the toddler doesn't have vampire eyes. I can see it's a vampire by going into CAS for that family
  • Options
    @rosemow I'm not using any mods and the toddler doesn't have vampire eyes. I can see it's a vampire by going into CAS for that family

Hello
    I am not sure how the sims had the vampire child. Thankyou for explaining how you discovered that the toddler is a vampire.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Very strange! In the gameplay mode, do you have the little vampire icon instead of the regular face where Needs are?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DougyhowzerDougyhowzer Posts: 24 New Member
    Hello. I just looked at the city living expansion, and I believe I will buy it . However , I am also considering buy get to work expansion as well.
    If I move to the new city in CL , would I still be able to um um um , use the features from get to work ? or are they exclusive based on different world map locations ?

I hope I worded the question right .
  • Options
    Hello. I just looked at the city living expansion, and I believe I will buy it . However , I am also considering buy get to work expansion as well.
    If I move to the new city in CL , would I still be able to um um um , use the features from get to work ? or are they exclusive based on different world map locations ?

Hello
    Your sims can live in San Myshuno and use all the features of the GTW pack. All the worlds complement each other and all features from any installed pack can be used in all the worlds. Your sims can live in another world apart from the City world, and can still attend the festivals there. They will get notifications that a festival is taking place and there will be an option to travel there.
  • Options
    DougyhowzerDougyhowzer Posts: 24 New Member

Hello
    Your sims can live in San Myshuno and use all the features of the GTW pack. All the worlds complement each other and all features from any installed pack can be used in all the worlds. Your sims can live in another world apart from the City world, and can still attend the festivals there. They will get notifications that a festival is taking place and there will be an option to travel there.

That's great :) Thanks for the info. Off to buy those expansions

• Options

Hello

That's great :) Thanks for the info. Off to buy those expansions

You're welcome :) Origin has a 50% off sale on eps currently! Happy simming!
  • Options
    simduck88simduck88 Posts: 89 Member
    Maybe I missed this, but all of the NerdCon stuff is at my Romance festival. Is this normal or a glitch?
  • Options
    simduck88 wrote: »
    Maybe I missed this, but all of the NerdCon stuff is at my Romance festival. Is this normal or a glitch?

Hello @simduck88
    Other simmers are also having this issue
    You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-CL-Festival-objects-spawning-into-each-other-and/m-p/5674412#M29420

If the items remain stuck there , then when a festival is next in that location, have your sim attend the festival and remain there completely to the end of the festival . Have him remain there until all the items disappear.

• Options
    simduck88simduck88 Posts: 89 Member
    Thank you so much for your help!
  • Options

Hello
    I am a little unsure what you mean. Are you having problems using origin, or are the issues with sims 4 game itself? I am sorry :(

I'm not sure what caused it, but from launching the game from Origin and the different bit options, I had to switch to the 32 bit in Advanced Launch Options to make it work.
  • Options

Hello

I'm not sure what caused it, but from launching the game from Origin and the different bit options, I had to switch to the 32 bit in Advanced Launch Options to make it work.

Hello
    Some computers need to use 32 bit mode when playing the game. Your computer may work best in that mode.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top