Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CL Q&A - Answers to your gameplay questions here

crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
Hi guys,

EA has provided me with an early access copy and I've been playing on the weekend (and yes, I thoroughly tested that key thing)

Let me know if you have any specific questions or stuff I can try for you

Feel free to ask any questions about the expansion in here. Feel also free to answer any questions you can.

Let's make this a bit of a QA collection

Please report any bugs you encounter in the Bug Forum at AHQ (you can login with your Origin account): AHQ Bug Forum

Here's instructions how to post: How does the AHQ Bug forum work

To answer the Key question I was unsure about in my preview report: You can def. give your key to anyone and they'll pop into your apartment .. ALL the time.
Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
AHQ Tutorial

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Nice! Do you have it now? I just want to know the club rules but I'll get the game tonight so.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I got an early access code.

Do you want me to check them for you ? I tried at the event but since I had the german version and not the english one, I really couldn't tell what was new. There was Singing and speeches but I'm not sure if there are more.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I have a question! Can you leave the sales tables out (on a home lot or on public space) and then switch households? What happens to them? Will they still be there and can other families still buy from them?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    crinrict wrote: »

Do you want me to check them for you ? I tried at the event but since I had the german version and not the english one, I really couldn't tell what was new. There was Singing and speeches but I'm not sure if there are more.

If you could check that'd be great! Thanks :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I am really interested in Lot Traits.
    Do you have a favorite lot trait you really recommend?
    Also on early footages, I have seen some lot traits on apartments that you cannot find while in Build mode (Like Romantic Fireplace). Are these traits special on these apartments (So you can't put them anywhere else) or do they have some requirements?
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I have a question! Can you leave the sales tables out (on a home lot or on public space) and then switch households? What happens to them? Will they still be there and can other families still buy from them?

It's a bit weird actually.

I had the pancakes put out the table outside of their house and bought some bubbles and put those on the table to sell. Then I had her tend the table.

After that I switch households to the neighbor next door. The table is there, the bubbles are there and now my active Sim can hold a yard sale and tend the table with the Pancakes's stuff ... There was no buy option.
    AHQ Tutorial

• poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member

I had the pancakes put out the table outside of their house and bought some bubbles and put those on the table to sell. Then I had her tend the table.

After that I switch households to the neighbor next door. The table is there, the bubbles are there and now my active Sim can hold a yard sale and tend the table with the Pancakes's stuff ... There was no buy option.

That's kind of hilarious. "Yo you wanna buy this stuff? It's not mine but I'm selling it."
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!

If you could check that'd be great! Thanks :)

I'm a bit unsure what's new, tbh.
    • Sing
    • Play Basketball
    • Give Speech

I believe that's all. If you want me to post screenshots of all of them, I can do that.
    AHQ Tutorial

EgonVM wrote: »
    I am really interested in Lot Traits.
    Do you have a favorite lot trait you really recommend?
    Also on early footages, I have seen some lot traits on apartments that you cannot find while in Build mode (Like Romantic Fireplace). Are these traits special on these apartments (So you can't put them anywhere else) or do they have some requirements?

I haven't really tried them. Mine is supposed to be haunted. I haven't seen a single ghost.

Each apartment has a lot trait you can't change (some have two) and yes, it seems some of them are only for those

1. Needs TLC (Great place to practice your handiness skills)
    2. Romantic Fireplace
    3. Great View
    4. Serviced Aparement
    5. Lively Neighbors
    6. Quiet
    7. Historical

I hope I didn't miss one.
    AHQ Tutorial

Thank you for checking! That's really weird. If the neighbor sells something of the Pancakes's stuff, do the Pancakes family get the money? Or does your active sim get it?

That's kind of hilarious. "Yo you wanna buy this stuff? It's not mine but I'm selling it."

Yeah, really unsure if it's intended like that.
    AHQ Tutorial

Thank you for checking! That's really weird. If the neighbor sells something of the Pancakes's stuff, do the Pancakes family get the money? Or does your active sim get it?

The Pancakes's actually get the money. Lol. So you're selling their stuff for them.

The yard sale is an event btw and it liked opened the house for all neighbors. It's a bit off. So now I can go to a neighbors house, do a yard sale there and then all the other neighbors will just walk into their home .. Sounds weird.
    AHQ Tutorial

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Don't you have to put a rug down first, then put the stuff on it that you want to sell?
    Don't you have to put a rug down first, then put the stuff on it that you want to sell?

Depends what you sell. For household inventory items, you'll need a rug, for inventory items, there's a table.

Paintings go on that wall. Not sure about photos. The posters I collected went into the table inventory but then there wasn't enough room to display them.
    AHQ Tutorial

The Pancakes's actually get the money. Lol. So you're selling their stuff for them.

The yard sale is an event btw and it liked opened the house for all neighbors. It's a bit off. So now I can go to a neighbors house, do a yard sale there and then all the other neighbors will just walk into their home .. Sounds weird.

Ha, sounds like they might want to tweak this a bit in future patches. And maybe we can make sure we lock our family's doors before we leave the household. But I would have liked to be a shopper at a neighbor's yard sale. Or I had it in mind to have kids leave out their lemonade stands and my sims could buy some lemonade from their neighbors. I hope they can fix that in a future patch.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    How many lots/households did they add to the library and the gallery?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yeah, that would have been nice.
    AHQ Tutorial

How many lots/households did they add to the library and the gallery?

4 lots.

I don't see any families in the library.

No clue about the gallery.
    AHQ Tutorial

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well this is good isn't it? Finally a way to have a sort of home business?
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Well this is good isn't it? Finally a way to have a sort of home business?

True. Even at your neighbor house :D
    AHQ Tutorial

• AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

I normally never ask any questions or read reviews or see live streams before release i always like to dive in and learn everything on my own it's fun being surprised that way may it be good or bad ....however, this time around i am very curious to know more about the "singing" is it tied only with the karaoke? if not, can a sim sing anywhere? {outside, in front of a crowd} basically wherever you want your sim to sing.

if so ..with or without a mic?
    can your sim actually sing songs or is it set up like you are practicing and humming just a line or two.

also can the keyboard, guitar and singing go together ...like can i form a band..are the instruments in-sync now and compliment each-other?

this way i have time to create a household band/ singer or know to not even waste my time.

<3 wishful thinking.
    edited October 2016
    brsy wrote: »
    I normally never ask any questions or read reviews or see live streams before release i always like to dive in and learn everything on my own it's fun being surprised that way may it be good or bad ....however, this time around i am very curious to know more about the "singing" is it tied only with the karaoke? if not, can a sim sing anywhere? {outside, in front of a crowd} basically wherever you want your sim to sing.

if so ..with or without a mic?
    can your sim actually sing songs or is it set up like you are practicing and humming just a line or two.

also can the keyboard, guitar and singing go together ...like can i form a band..are the instruments in-sync now and compliment each-other?

this way i have time to create a household band/ singer or know to not even waste my time.

<3 wishful thinking.

They can sing anywhere. No mic. Actual songs. Different genres. They can even sing in the shower but my Sim wasn't actually singing last time I checked. Just leveling up her skill ...

There's practice singing and sing a song on the sim itself.

You can't form bands and you can sing while playing the guitar but I think that came with OR and doesn't affect the singing skill.
    AHQ Tutorial

• poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Not to hijack the thread but just wanted to confirm incase anyone was wondering that you CAN give a key to your apartment to sims who don't live in an apartment/the same building. Just gave one to Candy Behr.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
    As I said in the first post ;)
    AHQ Tutorial

• cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Which premade townie starts out pregnant?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top