The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch day problems; broken mods

Willemijn23Willemijn23 Posts: 54 Member
edited October 2016 in Mac - Technical Discussions
Hi mac-simmers,

After patch day my game won't function properly anymore. Yes I have mods... a lot. they are tested and never gave me any trouble. It was already expected that there would be some mods get broken with this patch but with these 'clues' I have no idea where to start looking for the ones that are got broken... @SimGuruModSquad does these images (see url below!) give you guys a idea of what cc might be corrupted? I've never seen these before after any patch-day...

UPDATE; broken mods:
- scumbumbo's (MTS); packing crates (causes infinite loading screens)
- morgaloth68's (MTS); remove CC swatch override; overrides wrench icon on swatches (causes distortion of the CAS ui, see link below)
Both creators are notified, hopefully they'll have time to update them.

https://renorasims.tumblr.com/post/152391709618/patch-day-horror-mac-uses-ohh-how-i-just-love
Tumblr username; Renorasims.
Post edited by Willemijn23 on

Comments

• SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    @Willemijn23

Are you able to load a lot when there are no cc or mods installed at all? If not, I'd like to take a look at the save files if you're willing to share them with me.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Willemijn23Willemijn23 Posts: 54 Member
    edited October 2016
    @SimQARobo i'm able to load without any mods but that is no solution to my problem since cc is life! But thanks for the help! ;)
    Found one of the causes (that caused the infinite loading screens) it's a mod by scumbumbo (MTS) called packing crates which allows you to pack stuff to take with you to a community lot etc.

Gonna test further to see which one is causing the dissortion of the CAS ui...
  • plus5dexterityplus5dexterity Posts: 2 New Member
    @SimQARobo i'm able to load without any mods but that is no solution to my problem since cc is life! But thanks for the help! ;)
    Found one of the causes (that caused the infinite loading screens) it's a mod by scumbumbo (MTS) called packing crates which allows you to pack stuff to take with you to a community lot etc.

Gonna test further to see which one is causing the dissortion of the CAS ui...

I have this mod and I'm getting the infinite loading screen on household load. Thank you so much.
  • Willemijn23Willemijn23 Posts: 54 Member
    @plus5dexterity glad your game is all up and running again! ;)
  • cmckivercmckiver Posts: 1 New Member
    I found i cant save my game after the update everytime i try i get this long code