Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't enter lots after patching

I just patched the game and now I can't get into lots. I'll click them and it will load for a minute and then throw me back to the select worlds screen. I've not had this before - was it added with the patch? Has anyone else experienced this?
Tumblr
Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Do you have mods/CC? I had no problems with my vanilla game.
  • Options
    RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    Do you have mods/CC? I had no problems with my vanilla game.

I did but I've removed them and I'm still having issues.
    Tumblr
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    yep, nothing fixes it for me either. :/
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Silly question: Did you try to turn your PC out and start it again?
  • Options
    Beatrice4711Beatrice4711 Posts: 15 New Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸? What Kind of patch is that???? Ist just PR for the new gamepack.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Have you created a fresh gameplay folder and done a Repair Game in case the update didn't quite patch right?

Origin > My Games > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game

1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. If there is a folder inside Saves called Scratch, delete it.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, start a new save, and test the problem.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hello
    If the issues remain after doing what Luthien sugggested, try testing by starting a new save game and see if the issue remains.
    If the issue is not in the new save game, try rolling back your old save game file to an earlier version. These links explain how to do that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-4/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited October 2016
    My game crashed the first time I tried to power it up. Second time, it was stuck on loading for over fifteen minutes. Normally, it loads in seconds. I'm about to try it with Razor on and see if that helps. If not, I will 'repair' game. If that doesn't work, I'm going to throw my hands up and play Sims3. I just don't need this added aggravation. The week, with the exception of Sunday, has been a trial.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    Hi, rolling back my save didn't work either. :( or maybe I did something wrong idk.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I haven't had anything that bad but right after the patch I went into build mode and it kept freezing up- it would resolve after a few seconds- maybe five or so but it happened several times. In the end everything was fine- just an annoyance right now.
  • Options
    SimClover___SimClover___ Posts: 68 Member
    Ugh. I'm scared to even update the game now. ;-;
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    @SimGuruNeel can you look into this?

I m scared to download this patch now.
  • Options
    lejoninna wrote: »
    Hi, rolling back my save didn't work either. :( or maybe I did something wrong idk.

Hello @lejoninna
    I am sorry that you have had this issue :(
    SimGuruQARobo has asked if you could share your save game file with him.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15307056/#Comment_15307056

It would be good to zip your save file into a zip folder, upload the zip folder to Dropbox , mediafire or google drive, then pm to the SimGuru the link to the file that you have uploaded.
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @SimGuruNeel can you look into this?

I m scared to download this patch now.

LOL- well it is a Halloween Patch- maybe it's deliberate, ha ha!
  • Options
    Has anyone found a fix for this? It's pretty frustrating. I have a lot of families played so starting a new save is not something I want to do, it would take a lot of work to get it back to how it was.
    Tumblr
  • Options
    LadySnow7989LadySnow7989 Posts: 5 New Member
    I haven't been able to open my game and play since the patch. It keeps crashing at start up. I don't know what to do about it.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I haven't been able to open my game and play since the patch. It keeps crashing at start up. I don't know what to do about it.

again I have posted a thread for you in the Mac section http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/903211/for-user-ladysnow7989-mac-issues-new-patch/p1?new=1
  • Options
    blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member
    Have you created a fresh gameplay folder and done a Repair Game in case the update didn't quite patch right?

1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. If there is a folder inside Saves called Scratch, delete it.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.

I'm having the same problem as others. I'm in the process of repairing my game to see if that's the problem. If not then I'm trying your idea. So for the save file if there is a folder called scratch, I delete that folder and not the save folder right?
  • Options
    I moved out all the files. Started a new game and everything worked. When I put my sims save files back in is when it does the whole loading thing then puts me back at the world map screen. I'm getting so frustrated here. I've never had any problems before with patches and now I can't play my legacy game that has the heir that will be moving to the city.
  • Options
    BouphenBouphen Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same problem. I cannot go to any lots, only the neighborhood screens. I haven't had a chance to try any of these fixes yet, but I just wanted to put it out there.
  • Options
    I moved out all the files. Started a new game and everything worked. When I put my sims save files back in is when it does the whole loading thing then puts me back at the world map screen. I'm getting so frustrated here. I've never had any problems before with patches and now I can't play my legacy game that has the heir that will be moving to the city.

I understand you :( I started a new game and it worked for me too. But I've spent so long building my current save and was prepared to move to the city. I don't want to start a new game and have to restart everything. I have multiple households too, so saving them to the gallery and re-downloading them is just as tedious as starting over would be. If there's no fix by the time City Living comes out I suppose I'll have to restart, but it's really the last thing I want to do - I know games aren't always stable and it's not easy for the devs but it just feel wrong that a patch would break many peoples games and force them to restart. It just shouldn't happen.
    Tumblr
  • Options
    RubeeSims wrote: »

I understand you :( I started a new game and it worked for me too. But I've spent so long building my current save and was prepared to move to the city. I don't want to start a new game and have to restart everything. I have multiple households too, so saving them to the gallery and re-downloading them is just as tedious as starting over would be. If there's no fix by the time City Living comes out I suppose I'll have to restart, but it's really the last thing I want to do - I know games aren't always stable and it's not easy for the devs but it just feel wrong that a patch would break many peoples games and force them to restart. It just shouldn't happen.

I had to upload that family to the gallery, then deleted my saves out of the save file. I did keep a copy of all my saves on my desktop incase they fix this problem soon. Then re-upload the family into a brand new save. They have all their skills but the family tree is gone. My 10th heir is the one moving to the city but she is a child now. I lost all the plants they had in their basement and all the birth certificates. I had put them all on the wall up in the original family house. I've built a new house for them which I might upload to the gallery. It's my first time actually building a house from a blueprint I found on pinterest. But I'm still upset that I had to basically start all over with this family.
  • Options
    RoseusAmorRoseusAmor Posts: 14 New Member

This will sound strange but I did these steps, except I places each folder one by one. The first folder I put back was the tray folder by itself an started up and oddly my game would pause every now an then which I found interesting. When I took tray back out it ran smoothly.. did it again placing it back an again, my game lagged on startup and in game... why would the tray folder be part of the cause? I only wanted to share in case others should try seeing what happens with their tray folder too while alone to see the difference... but don't we need the tray folder for our creations though? Hmm
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    RoseusAmor wrote: »

This will sound strange but I did these steps, except I places each folder one by one. The first folder I put back was the tray folder by itself an started up and oddly my game would pause every now an then which I found interesting. When I took tray back out it ran smoothly.. did it again placing it back an again, my game lagged on startup and in game... why would the tray folder be part of the cause? I only wanted to share in case others should try seeing what happens with their tray folder too while alone to see the difference... but don't we need the tray folder for our creations though? Hmm

Tray is your Library. I've no idea why it would cause lag during gameplay, but we've actually seen this before - just not recently at all. I generally keep my Tray contents elsewhere when I'm not actually accessing the Library, then move them into the Tray folder when I need them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options