Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Prettiest Sim - Competition - Assignment 2 - Always Open for contestants

psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
edited December 2016 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
tumblr_ofnvk2z88U1uz57gao1_500h.jpg
This is a competition that will be easy to host and easy to join. You don't really have to commit to be a part of the competition. Each round you can come and go as you like. This means no one gets eliminated. This is a good chance for me to host a competition as well, as my daily life is getting busier. This way I can start the new round when I want to. You may enter with sims from Sims 3 and Sims 4.

The Prettiest Sim will be about modeling, but on a easier scale than most of the competitions out there. Each round you will get a short assignment, it could be elder's swimwear, it could be kid's street style or maybe teen's evening wear. Your job is to create a sim that matches the assignment. If you don't like the assignment, or feel like you're not gonna get it ready, you can just skip the assignment and come back for the next round. For each round you can make a new model, boy or girl. You can also use the same on every round, as long as the assignment allows it.

The voting will be a voting poll. I will have nothing to say, I will be neutral. It all comes down to what the general crowd thinks about your sim. This is a great opportunity for those who don't have time to commit to a whole competition, and for those who wants to get a little bit of practice. The winner will get the opportunity to get a siggie. So no biggie. But yeah, it's gonna be a pretty relaxed competition, so let me know what you think of it!

More info coming.
tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
Post edited by psykt on

Comments

• psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited October 2016
    ~ Rules ~

The rules are quite simple. I've made a short list so you all can read them before joining.
    • You have to create your own sims. Taking/borrowing a sim from the gallery is not allowed.
    • You have to follow the brief.
    • No face-plastering.
    • Don't beg people for votes, and don't tell your IRL friends to vote for you. The results are up to us as a community to decide.
    • You may vote for yourself, if you really believe yours was the best.
    • Please don't belittle yourself here, be proud of your work!
    Post edited by psykt on
    edited December 2016
    • Always add the name of your sim(s).
    • Add the age of your sim(s).
    • You may add a little short text.
    • Also add the assignment name.
    Assignment nr. 2 - Wedding Day

For this assignment I want you all to create two young adults (female and female, male or male, or female and male) on their wedding day. No other sims should be included. This could look like their wedding photos (you know the part when they pose and a real photographer takes their pictures) or it could be when they exchange their wows, or even kiss. Wedding attire will be a must, and the background should also resemble a wedding venue or at least have elements from a wedding in it. You can take this photo in game, or you could use a real picture for the background to place your sims on. The wedding does not have to be the traditional european/american wedding, it could also be a indian wedding. If you're going with a indian wedding, the gown of the bride should be red and not white.

tumblr_oia26b0gV41uz57gao1_1280.jpg

You will have 1-2 week to deliver your entry before the poll starts.

* The reason there is no exact date this time, is because I want as many contestants as possible, but this does not mean you should wait to deliver your entries, deliver them as fast as possible.

Post edited by psykt on
    edited October 2016
    This is where each winning entries from each assignment will be shown.
    Post edited by psykt on
    edited December 2016
    Challenge 01 - My Favorite Sim:
    tumblr_oia1f5yBwc1uz57gao1_1280.png

The winners were @wbombje and @NShippudenFan ! Congratz! All though this was only a testing round (mostly for me, as this is a new concept), you both won and should be so proud! I hope we can get even more entries and votes next round!
    Post edited by psykt on
    edited October 2016
    Voting is simple. After all the entries are in, I will create a poll where you can vote 1 time each for a certain amount of time. You may vote for yourself, but only if you really think yours was the best. Let's be fair and let the best entry win.
    Post edited by psykt on
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Sounds neat! Nice and laid back ;)
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Sounds great :)
    He/Him
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited October 2016
    I love the idea, @psykt but I'll be lurking for a bit until a few more comps are at an end unless what is happening elsewhere happens to correspond with your theme for that week and I have a sim already made and don't need to do any more new ones for the time being anyway. I'm in way too many comps right now. So I'll keep an eye on what happens.

edited October 2016
    Glad to here someone's at least interested :) I know that this could be hard to pull off, because there might not be enough contestants for each assignment, but I wanna give it a try :)
  • ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @psykt This sounds very interesting, I think I'll give it a go. :)

Are bkgds allowed? Or are we to just show the daily wear and sim on a normal/plain bkgd? (are we able to create a scene?)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
    @ArtsyAmy That's completely up to you! I would create a scene because those entries usually gets the most votes :)
  • ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @psykt Ok, great! Thank you :)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I don't think I'm gonna enter this round since I don't actually play my sims 4 game (the one I use for modeling), but go ahead and keep tagging me. :) I'm always up for new ideas.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    Thanks for the tag @pskt, sounds like a great comp. My RL is a bit crazy, it always happens this time of year, but I will definately be lurking for next time round. :)
  • InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    My schedule is a bit hectic but since this is an open comp if things die down I could try and get a sim in. Keep tagging me as I will always vote if I can't compete <3
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    Ooh, I like the first assignment already! ;).
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    Reserve me :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    This is up my Alley I really LOVE this its about CAS and I stay in CAS LOL So Please Reserve ME.....Will there be Alerts when something is happening I am in a few comps just wondering and Thanks so much :)
    edited October 2016
    The first assignment is out, so all you need to do is post your entry when you have it ;) Reservations are not needed.
    Will get assignment 1 posted soon :)
    He/Him
    edited October 2016
    Name: Jake Oliver
    Assignment nr. 1 - My Favorite Sim
    2527di2.png
    I hope I did this right...

Here is a close-up of him:
    CpctNNS.png?1

Post edited by ironknight35 on
    He/Him
    Yes, that's exactly correct @ironknight35 :)
  • InaMacInaMac Posts: 1,536 Member
    @ironknight35 So handsome, love the colors B)
    jsr9zrgca1id.png
    psykt wrote: »
    Yes, that's exactly correct @ironknight35 :)
    Awesome! C:

Thanks, @InaMac69! :)
    He/Him