Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods please delete

Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
This thread has been recreated and updated in the TS4 section, so PLEASE delete this one.

signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
**Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
Post edited by Haids5987 on

Comments

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Oh this looks really cool! I'm booking marking this for later :smile:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • KittybitKittybit Posts: 97 Member
    Hi hi,

I will be following this too. It looks interesting. :)
    banner.png
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Thank you! :blush: More to come, I promise!
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited October 2016
    I really enjoyed the start of this. Malka is stunning, I love the violet eyes.
    Are you using what happens in game to dictate the story or are you using the Sims to illustrate a plot you've already written? Or both? More one way than the other perhaps?
    Are you following any challenge rules?

Looking forward to more. Happy Simming.
    @NRowe Thank you! :smiley:

To answer your questions, I am kind of using a combination of gameplay-driven storytelling as well as following a loose plot. I have in my head what's supposed to happen for a little while longer, but there's not an end result in mind. It's more "Sims doing what they do" based. Actually, I was screenshotting the tribe the other day and something happened that was completely unexpected! I wondered for a split second if I should influence what was happening, but I just let it roll. Now I have a new plot twist that they came up with on their own! :)

I'm mostly following the rules listed here in the original thread, but there are a few changes. Since I have Malka in the modern-day world rather than an alternate universe (like the amazing Julyvee! Check her out! :) ), some of the rules are a little "iffy" to follow. But that just adds to the challenge, so we'll see how it rolls!

We'll see what happens with Bella. :wink: The Amazon life might be too much for her!
    Chapter 6 is out! Malka spills the beans to Bella. How will Bella take it?
    edited October 2016
    I just read the prologue and first two chapters, and they were great. I also took a look at your 'about me' section and Diesel is soooooo cute. It's funny that you live in Tacoma, when I visited the US, that was one of the places I went to because I have a friend living just south of there in Lacey. :)

I love Malka's looks by the way. Very unique and her eyes are so pretty. The flashbacks that you're using is an interesting tool, and I love the little cliffhanger in chapter 2. I don't want to say too much about it in case I am spoiling it for someone else. But the encounter sure was interesting. ;)
    banner.png
    Bella's face is classic. How do you get so close to your Sims for the screenshots?
    edited October 2016
    @NRowe I just wanted to point you in the direction of the following two links. They're mods that do AMAZING things for your photos. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=536953 <-- this link will allow terrific angles when you hit tab in your game. You can get all the way down to the floor/corners/roof etc - and zoom waaay in too. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=533846 <-- that one will remove the fade from things. You know when you zoom real close up to things, trees and items tend to vanish? That mod will let it remain in the photo, which looks very nice in a story.
    banner.png
    Thanks, I have no mods in my TS4 at present but am not specifically opposed to them (had some in TS3). Will consider these if/when I mod up.
  • SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Love the story so far, can't wait to see what happens next!
    Kittybit wrote: »
    @NRowe I just wanted to point you in the direction of the following two links. They're mods that do AMAZING things for your photos. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=536953 <-- this link will allow terrific angles when you hit tab in your game. You can get all the way down to the floor/corners/roof etc - and zoom waaay in too. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=533846 <-- that one will remove the fade from things. You know when you zoom real close up to things, trees and items tend to vanish? That mod will let it remain in the photo, which looks very nice in a story.
    I didn't know about these mods, thank you!

Actually, I don't use photo mods at all in my story! :) I have the camera set to Sims 3 style (it's an option in the Options menu). It's a trick I learned in TS2--hit the Tab button and you can use X and Y (I think) to scroll in and out. You can also right-click and drag the mouse around to get a good angle. When you hit Tab, the background comes into focus and the trees and stuff don't fade away. It's quite handy!
    I use tab mode as well, and you're correct about X and Y. You can get pretty close up without the mods; the mods just add additional angles and remove some bounce and fade. Even with mods, I'd definitely use tab as well.

Can't wait for your next update! ❤️
    banner.png
    edited October 2016
    NRowe wrote: »
    Bella's face is classic. How do you get so close to your Sims for the screenshots?
    Kittybit wrote: »
    I just read the prologue and first two chapters, and they were great. I also took a look at your 'about me' section and Diesel is soooooo cute. It's funny that you live in Tacoma, when I visited the US, that was one of the places I went to because I have a friend living just south of there in Lacey. :)

I love Malka's looks by the way. Very unique and her eyes are so pretty. The flashbacks that you're using is an interesting tool, and I love the little cliffhanger in chapter 2. I don't want to say too much about it in case I am spoiling it for someone else. But the encounter sure was interesting. ;)
    Thank you!! I love that doofus, my husband and I are proud doggie parents! Diesel is actually a daddy, and we will be taking one of his yellow puppies home after Thanksgiving! :love: How funny that you were in my neck of the woods when you came by! I don't actually live **in** Tacoma, I live in a suburb and Tacoma is the nearest big city near me. :) How'd you like the Pacific Northwest?

I appreciate your comments about Malka and the story! I spent wayyyyy too long creating her. :lol: I wanted her to look different from all the beautiful, polished Sims I've gotten into the habit of creating--I wanted more of an exotic, well-defined look that has been passed down for generations. Her eyes I chose because A) I've never chosen that color before, and B) I wanted her to stand out as the Amazon Queen.

Thanks for reading! So exciting that you are enjoying it!
    edited October 2016
    Bella's face is classic.
    Hahah, I love their little Sim personalities! She made that face and I got just the right picture! I think she was in a bad mood when she went to Malka's house already, so it worked with the flow of the story!
    Love the story so far, can't wait to see what happens next!
    Thank you! :) Happy reading!
    Made it to the end! Just when things got really exciting. xD
    banner.png
    Wooo! Thanks for reading!
    Chapter 7 is here! Thank you guys for reading. :) This is 100% brand new to me, so it means a lot! <3<3<3
    edited November 2016
    Read Chapter Seven. Some interesting angles for screenshots, very effective. Good Luck Ladies and Happy Simming.
    edited November 2016
    Read Chapter Seven. Some interesting angles for screenshots, very effective. Good Luck Ladies and Happy Simming.
    Thank you! I'm having fun working with the camera. Happy reading, and happy Simming to you as well! Will be dowloading City Life this afternoon. :)
    Hello hello! Bella starts getting nosy in Chapter 8...or is she just curious? Either way, Malka's backstory is starting to unfold...
    Ohh. Hope we (and Bella) don't have to wait too long for more. Happy Simming.
    Thank you! Chapter 9 is out on Monday!
    Hello! I've spent literally my entire Saturday afternoon writing and perfecting my blog, and the fruits of my labor are 19 chapters written.

So thanks to that, there is now a posting schedule--for the month of November at the very least, I will be posting every Monday and Thursday. Enjoy!