Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimLit Celebrations and Discussions

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Thanks for the love, @CathyTea!

In addition to what's already here, I'm reading The Sloane Legacy, by @Eddie Sims, The Bender Legacy by @friendsfan367, Dreams & Drama and The Duvall Diaries by @cecerose0208, The Castillo Legacy by @ny275 and her build Newcrest story are just a few I read right now.

thank you for the shout jes. i pick on you but i love you.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I have two more to add to my "what I'm reading" list!

@15aewar 's Rendora's Sim Stories - She's got two stories started on this blog, and I'm really enjoying both! @AdamsEve1231 and other Goth-lore fans, I think you'll love The Shadow over Newcrest, especially! :)

Thanks, @CathyTea . I was starting to feel left out XD

So many good stories, too! Welp, there goes my free time!

@15aewar I haven't been able to find your WordPress "follow" button on your blog so that your posts will show up in my WordPress reader... Can you check your admin settings and add the follow button to your nav bar, footer, or home page? That would make it a lot easier for me to stay up to date with your great story! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited October 2017

@15aewar I haven't been able to find your WordPress "follow" button on your blog so that your posts will show up in my WordPress reader... Can you check your admin settings and add the follow button to your nav bar, footer, or home page? That would make it a lot easier for me to stay up to date with your great story! :)

How do you do that? I don't have a prescription or anything, so I don't think I can use any plugins.
    Nevermind, I think I figured it out!
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    I have two more to add to my "what I'm reading" list!

@15aewar 's Rendora's Sim Stories - She's got two stories started on this blog, and I'm really enjoying both! @AdamsEve1231 and other Goth-lore fans, I think you'll love The Shadow over Newcrest, especially! :)

Thanks, @CathyTea . I was starting to feel left out XD

So many good stories, too! Welp, there goes my free time!

Hey @CathyTea I think this has been resolved but I thought I'd share anyway: I've had this problem recently and discovered another way to follow. Just in case you don't know: you can copy the link to the wordpress you wish to follow and go into your reader, paste the link in the search bar and click follow. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »

Hey @CathyTea I think this has been resolved but I thought I'd share anyway: I've had this problem recently and discovered another way to follow. Just in case you don't know: you can copy the link to the wordpress you wish to follow and go into your reader, paste the link in the search bar and click follow. :)

Oh, that's an awesome tip! Thanks so much for sharing it! I do sometimes come across blogs where I can't find the follow button, so it's cool to know I can copy/past and follow... Will it work for non-Wordpress blogs, too, like blogger?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options

Oh, that's an awesome tip! Thanks so much for sharing it! I do sometimes come across blogs where I can't find the follow button, so it's cool to know I can copy/past and follow... Will it work for non-Wordpress blogs, too, like blogger?

I'm not sure, I've only tried with Wordpress. :) Let us know if you test it!
    I have a giant draft email addressed to myself with all the stories I follow, that way I can just update it with the chapter link where I stopped reading.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Oooh that's a brilliant idea @Karilan ! I so easily lose my place while I'm working on catching up with stories!

Most of the stories I currently read have been mentioned already. But I will give @orangeplumbob 's Second Chances a shoutout! I'm still slowly catching up (OPB is kind to be so patient with me hehe), but it's such a great story and it just returned from a hiatus (yay!)

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Oh my goodness! This thread just blew up! Okay, I tried to list everyone's mentioned stories and hunt down links. It's listed on the home page and in this post. Let me know if I'm missing anyone. Thanks everyone so much for participating.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    OH! And Noble Doubt by @RosemaryMarie!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    I know some of these have probably already been mentioned, but it's still important to me to show gratitude for the stories I'm caught up on.

@CitizenErased14 Your Ashes To Ashes was the first SimLit I finished reading, and it's such a lovely combination of love and pain. Perhaps the most important lesson to be learned in your stories that all the bad that happens is worth it for all the good that comes of it.

@CathyTea I absolutely adore the ever conflicted evolving emotions in Septemus, My Son! I think you capture the tone of a worried parent who only wants to protect their child very well, and Septemus is such a joy to read as well.

@mojot89 My favorite thing about your Glassbolt Archives is the children! Despite being in the middle of an apocalypse they are quite cheerful and I look forward to them discovering and growing into their purposes. (And of course dying to see a baby girl in the house!)

@Bugsie2016 You balance so many characters and back stories in your Burton Legacy, I'm jealous! There always seems to be a mystery waiting around the corner as well, and I'm excited to learn more about your elusive characters.

@allysimbuilds I know Alienated is supposed to be about the alien child, and I do adore him, but I am absolutely in love with Elliot! Her personality is well fleshed out, and her loyalty to Ezra is beautifully inspiring.

Currently Reading:

@charliimai The start of your Alien Adoption Challenge Sapphire and Amber surprised me, and I congratulate you on tackling a difficult topic. I really love the bonding you've written in this story so far. Definitely looking forward to reading more.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    OH! And Noble Doubt by @RosemaryMarie!

Absolutely! And The Windsor Legacy by thewindsorlegacy! :D

• Options

I have a giant draft email addressed to myself with all the stories I follow, that way I can just update it with the chapter link where I stopped reading.

It works with blogspot! Now I'm following @bookloverblue through my WordPress Reader!!!!! AWESOME! :)

• Options

It works with blogspot! Now I'm following @bookloverblue through my WordPress Reader!!!!! AWESOME! :)

That rocks!! I'll have to add a few to my reader now!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Bugsie2016 You balance so many characters and back stories in your Burton Legacy, I'm jealous! There always seems to be a mystery waiting around the corner as well, and I'm excited to learn more about your elusive characters.

Aww you're too kind. Honestly, i'm a little bit jealous of parts of yours. :)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member

That's awesome! Thanks for the tip!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    I intend to return here each time I catch up on a new story, and I hate that it's been a while. But I'm here!

I've just caught up on @For_Eorzea 's Firecalls series, based on the Alien Adoption Challenge. Summonerds brilliantly balances the darkness and warmth of fire in this wicked tale and reveals the story in a delightfully unusual and subtle manner. Often I found myself laugh, then cry, then ponder the meaning of life all within the same chapter. My one piece of advice would be read, and reread slowly. This story needs to be digested slowly.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    I intend to return here each time I catch up on a new story, and I hate that it's been a while. But I'm here!

I've just caught up on @For_Eorzea 's Firecalls series, based on the Alien Adoption Challenge. Summonerds brilliantly balances the darkness and warmth of fire in this wicked tale and reveals the story in a delightfully unusual and subtle manner. Often I found myself laugh, then cry, then ponder the meaning of life all within the same chapter. My one piece of advice would be read, and reread slowly. This story needs to be digested slowly.

I have no words, except for a thank you and a hug (or a smile, if you're more comfy with that) to where ever you are.
  • Options
    For_Eorzea wrote: »

I have no words, except for a thank you and a hug (or a smile, if you're more comfy with that) to where ever you are.

Hugs are comfy! Thank you for telling a wonderful story!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Back again!

I've finished/caught up on @Meggles Xilla Project, which I believe features a character from another story, Liliana Ikeda. The Xilla Project is another Alien Adoption Challenge story. Though I haven't jumped into the other stories yet, I have heard many people praise Meggles and I can see why! Liliana is wonderfully expressive and faces her cautious side with bravery to put her toddler's needs above her own. I look forward to seeing more of their adventure!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @Karilan *covers face* You are very sweet!

My attention span is not great but I have managed to keep up with a few stories pretty well over the past 6 months or so.

@CathyTea 's Septemus, My Son
    @MrsRacooney 's Daughters of the Warrioress
    @ra3rei 's Huffman Legacy (she just updated today, haha!)

Those are the ones I feel confident saying I'm caught up to. The rest of my giant list is a disaster I'm avoiding tidying up, LOL...
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Hi everyone,
    November has already been a whirlwind for me and it's only the 7th of the month.

simlit-celebrations-and-discussion.png?w=474&h=451

I'm posting information about this month's theme: November 2017: Thankfulness and gratitude - stories, shorts, or themed chapters that showcase gratitude/thankfulness on the part of the Sim character or characters)

Nominate away! :)

November Celebrations of SimLit
    @friendsfan367 The Benders
    @MrsRacooney's Daughters of The Warrioress
    @PrincessSimcess' The Royal Bachelorette, and Beauty and the Beast
    @superkyle221's The Keen Legacy
    @RipuAncestor The Chrysanthemum Tango

Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I would like to start by nominating @friendsfan367 because I feel the Benders regularly do nice little things for each other, and go above and beyond what they could do. I feel they are all grateful to be in each other's lives, and this thankfulness comes through well in the writing.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I would like to start by nominating @friendsfan367 because I feel the Benders regularly do nice little things for each other, and go above and beyond what they could do. I feel they are all grateful to be in each other's lives, and this thankfulness comes through well in the writing.

thank you adam and eve i'm honored that you think my story is worth nominating. i might edit this later. just because i'm a little tired but i know theres more words,
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Nominating @MrsRacooney 's Daughters of the Warriorress story, and The Royal Bachelorette and Beauty and the Beast, both by @PrincessSimcess !
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Nominating @MrsRacooney 's Daughters of the Warriorress story, and The Royal Bachelorette and Beauty and the Beast, both by @PrincessSimcess !
    Aww, I'm honoured <3
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg