Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Holidays

I though it'd be cool if there were more Sim related Holidays instead just the "live" holidays we have now. For fun I made up some, and decided to post them here for no apparent reason.

New years eve: New day
Get Juiced and wipe your mind clean for the new year ahead of you! Make your Newday promise, and see how long you can keep it!

Valentines day: Woohoo day/Flirty day
A day for love and woohoo of course. Begun by Ripco Industries to sell more baby cribs.

Easter: Egg decor celebration
Why look for eggs? To celebrate the life sustaining properties of all natural ReNuYu hard boiled and
flash frozen synthetic eggs!

Superbowl/World cup: Llama Bowl
It's time for the big game when two teams go head to head, winner takes all!
Get your chicken wings, foam fingers, and invite your friends. Only on pay per view.

Misc: St. Wright day
Celebrating St. Wright who founded the first Sim City. Was he some sort of god? Our lawyers have informed us to not comment on
the specifics of St. Wrights official designation.

Mother day: Momday
Celebrating mothers with flowers, and low quality candy. It's a day for Sim mothers to bask in the sub par skills of their family,
and feign approval.

Fathers day: Dadday
Celebrating fathers with a coffee mug. It's brief and honestly most Sims forget this holiday even exists, but it's the thought that
counts even if it's forgotten.

4th of July: Free Will Day
Celebrating every sims Wright to be free until the Plumbob comes.

Labor day: Offline day
It's a day that every sim celebrates freedom to exist without online access. It's a day off. Don't questions it.

Halloween/Day of the Dead: Day of the Ghost
Candy, costumes, and ghosts. A day to be terrified and harassed by the spirits of your
loved ones, while dressing up in costumes and collecting candy to sooth your nerves. Begun by
the spirit of Franklin Montego for the soul purpose of pranking his still living family
from the after life. In return his family dressed up as monsters to prank him back.

Thanksgiving: Foodie day
It's a day to get with friends and family, over eat, and enjoy a good game on the TV.

Misc: Plumbob day
A celebration of every sims duty to answer the call of the Plumbob. Every sim wears a plumbob
hat and parties like it's Sim City 2013.

Christmas/Hanuka/etc: Giving day
Boost the economy, and get your friends and loved ones that perfect gift! If you're not all that close, than
how about a gift card to the Llama Boutique and arcade? Get those lights twinkling, decorate that tree, light the candles,
and get to bed before the gift gnome shows up! Also, please refrain from kissing the gift gnome when there are children
in the room! Sponsored by Landgraab Industries and Wrightway toys!
What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    tonicmole wrote: »
    A day for love and woohoo of course. Begun by Ripco Industries to sell more baby cribs.
    In ts3 this was called love day

Get your chicken wings, foam fingers, and invite your friends. Only on pay per view.
    What?
    Ts3 had sports parties. Much simpler concept.
    NO.
    They are sims, not americans.
    They are chained to their plumbobs, the watcher controls them.
    It's a day that every sim celebrates freedom to exist without online access. It's a day off. Don't questions it.
    What the plum?
    Labour day is a celebration of the 8 hour working day, due to people in the 1800's working 12 hours a day and more.
    It's a celebration of unions.
    There is no need for a sims version of this.

You mean spooky day

It's a day to get with friends and family, over eat, and enjoy a good game on the TV.
    ts3 blended this with christmas, and had the ability to throw a feast party, where all the guests would bring a plate of food to share.

You're wanting WAY too many holidays.

TS3 did it right, when the brought in seasons, they also brought in 4 season related holidays.
    Love day
    Spooky day
    Snowflake day
    Leisure day

Each of these days had a bunch of activities relating to them, and there were also the seasonal festivals, which added more options.

On spooky day, kids could go trick or treating. Around spooky day, you could throw a fancy dress party.
    Love day sort of matched up with the spring festival, which included a spring dance, and egg hunts.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I though it'd be cool if there were more Sim related Holidays instead just the "live" holidays we have now. For fun I made up some, and decided to post them here for no apparent reason.

New years eve: New day
    Get Juiced and wipe your mind clean for the new year ahead of you! Make your Newday promise, and see how long you can keep it!

Easter: Egg decor celebration
    Why look for eggs? To celebrate the life sustaining properties of all natural ReNuYu hard boiled and
    flash frozen synthetic eggs!

Misc: St. Wright day
    Celebrating St. Wright who founded the first Sim City. Was he some sort of god? Our lawyers have informed us to not comment on
    the specifics of St. Wrights official designation.

Mother day: Momday
    Celebrating mothers with flowers, and low quality candy. It's a day for Sim mothers to bask in the sub par skills of their family,
    and feign approval.

Fathers day: Dadday
    Celebrating fathers with a coffee mug. It's brief and honestly most Sims forget this holiday even exists, but it's the thought that
    counts even if it's forgotten.

Candy, costumes, and ghosts. A day to be terrified and harassed by the spirits of your
    loved ones, while dressing up in costumes and collecting candy to sooth your nerves. Begun by
    the spirit of Franklin Montego for the soul purpose of pranking his still living family
    from the after life. In return his family dressed up as monsters to prank him back.

Misc: Plumbob day
    A celebration of every sims duty to answer the call of the Plumbob. Every sim wears a plumbob
    hat and parties like it's Sim City 2013.

Christmas/Hanuka/etc: Giving day
    Boost the economy, and get your friends and loved ones that perfect gift! If you're not all that close, than
    how about a gift card to the Llama Boutique and arcade? Get those lights twinkling, decorate that tree, light the candles,
    and get to bed before the gift gnome shows up! Also, please refrain from kissing the gift gnome when there are children
    in the room! Sponsored by Landgraab Industries and Wrightway toys!

We should have a Will Wright day just for thanking him for making the Sims Games it should be a day off from work and school
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Definitely want holidays back in the sims! Your suggestions are awesome! I'm pretty sure they won't do all of them, and previous packs have told us they aren't copying other versions of this game so I don't think they'll implement the same holidays in the same way. I think what they are doing with the holidays now, where they are a picking SP to focus on specific holidays, is great!

But in terms of in game play, I would like to see them at least try to bring in things like Christmas break from work or something. Obviously they won't call it that, but they could do something. And I would love to see kids have a day or two off in the summer, just like normal life (here in Canada, anyway).
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I do like some of these holidays, not only do they mix up the same old schedule, but kids finally get out of school without them calling off sick or taking a vacation day.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2016
    Movotti wrote: »
    In ts3 this was called love day

What?
    Ts3 had sports parties. Much simpler concept.
    NO.
    They are sims, not americans.
    They are chained to their plumbobs, the watcher controls them.
    What the plum?
    Labour day is a celebration of the 8 hour working day, due to people in the 1800's working 12 hours a day and more.
    It's a celebration of unions.
    There is no need for a sims version of this.

You mean spooky day

ts3 blended this with christmas, and had the ability to throw a feast party, where all the guests would bring a plate of food to share.

You're wanting WAY too many holidays.

TS3 did it right, when the brought in seasons, they also brought in 4 season related holidays.
    Love day
    Spooky day
    Snowflake day
    Leisure day

Each of these days had a bunch of activities relating to them, and there were also the seasonal festivals, which added more options.

On spooky day, kids could go trick or treating. Around spooky day, you could throw a fancy dress party.
    Love day sort of matched up with the spring festival, which included a spring dance, and egg hunts.

I like the idea of a "Fireworks Day". That way, they don't have to be Americans, they just have to like sparklers and light shows, and things that go boom. Another possibility is the idea of a "Summer Picnic Day" (this could come with Seasons), where Sims go fishing, BBQ their food, and eat food outdoors with friends in the summertime. (This would be kind of like Outdoor Retreat only without the overnight tent/cabin camping or Wilderness Digest and Sims would be given the day off automatically without having to ask for it off). There could be new dishes like Coleslaw or Potato Salad or BBQ chicken or Corn on the Cob, and new activities like Frisbee throwing or mini-golf (these could make a return from previous Sims games).

I also like the idea of an "Offline Day", when Sims wouldn't constantly be automatically surfing the web and playing video games on their phones and computers, and they wouldn't constantly get texts from other Sims inviting them to dates or parties, but instead would get an actual phone call and an increase in relationship. In Sims 1, Sims had no weekends and no days off (though they were allowed to skip one day at a time with a reprimand, they would get fired if they missed a second day). I see nothing wrong with turning off autonomous use of computers and internet related functions on the smartphones just for one SimDay: I remember when IRL there WAS no public internet, and in the early days of the internet as we know it today, when there was only dial-up access.

Feast Day: Sims need to be able to serve special holiday meals, like Roast Turkey, Potato Pancakes, or Baked Ham, or Pot Roast or Secret Ingredient Soup. Also, things that might be catered, like Fruit Plate, Vegetable Plate, Rolls or Biscuits, and Cheese & (Saltines/Ritz) Plate. This would especially be good for dinner parties. As I have Scandinavian ancestors, I would find it amusing to watch Sims eat Lutefisk (it might be about as well received as Fruitcake, but should be more filling when eaten), or the even tastier Swedish meatballs or potato sausage.

Chocolate Day or Chocolate Festival: A day for making, giving, and/or eating all kinds of chocolate treats. (Chocolate seems to be a part of just about every IRL holiday in some way.) Seriously, our TS4 Sims need a "Give Gift to..." interaction - if there's one there, I sure haven't found it yet. It should be tied to the Sim's inventory and allow the Sim to give gift to anyone in the area with a certain minimum relationship level, or else (pranks?) show the relationship level when selecting who to give the gift to (such as a prank gift to a disliked Sim, with a Sim that dislikes your Sim more likely to refuse the lower the relationship level). Different gifts should also affect the relationship level differently, and be dependent on the receiving Sim's traits and aspirations (Glutton Sims should like food gifts for instance, and Foodie Sims might appreciate a fine bottle of nectar).

I do miss the holidays from TS3. It looks like the Romance Festival is going to replace Love Day though.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I like the idea of a "Fireworks Day". That way, they don't have to be Americans, they just have to like sparklers and light shows, and things that go boom.
    That'd work, cos the UK has the 5th of november, and NT has Territory Day, and pretty much everywhere has fireworks on NYE.
    Another possibility is the idea of a "Summer Picnic Day" (this could come with Seasons), where Sims go fishing, BBQ their food, and eat food outdoors with friends in the summertime.
    That is also a good idea.
    Feast Day: Sims need to be able to serve special holiday meals, like Roast Turkey, Potato Pancakes, or Baked Ham, or Pot Roast or Secret Ingredient Soup. Also, things that might be catered, like Fruit Plate, Vegetable Plate, Rolls or Biscuits, and Cheese & (Saltines/Ritz) Plate. This would especially be good for dinner parties. As I have Scandinavian ancestors, I would find it amusing to watch Sims eat Lutefisk (it might be about as well received as Fruitcake, but should be more filling when eaten), or the even tastier Swedish meatballs or potato sausage.
    "secret ingredient soup"
    Or maybe stone soup, everyone brings an ingredient to put in the pot.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    we need to have a Chinese New Year festival..in the list
    6adMCGP.gif
  • tonicmoletonicmole Posts: 121 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    we need to have a Chinese New Year festival..in the list

I was totally going to have a Chinese New Year but I couldn't figure out what to call it in the Sims world.
    What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".