Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back those special moment cut scenes

They are precious and just added so much to the sims 2. I'm Sure that that this would add so much more depth to sims 4

Comments

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Yes they were cute.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    yeah like the sims 2 university was just amazing something like that in the sims 4 would be brillient
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I loved the little cutscenes! They were always so beautiful and special! I loved the abduction cut scene, the woohoo cut scene, the first Kiss and the wedding and giving birth. Naw! So many great moments!!! I miss the Sims 2 a lot. There was something so warm about it.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I agree those cutscenes were so cute and I'd love to see them again! Was disappointed when I found they weren't in TS3 & 4 :(
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2016
    I wonder if they could do something like that with the loading screens? Like if they visit a neighbor's house, and the neighbor invites them in, they should show a cutscene with the door opening, the Sim walking in, and the Sim being greeted by the neighbor. The only issue I see here is that different computers have different loading times, so maybe the speed of the opening of the door could be affected by the speed of the computer's graphic capabilities, and the size of the house/lot being loaded. For community lots, there could be a cutscene of the Sim getting into a bus or taxi, scenery going by in the window of the taxi/bus, then the Sim getting out of the bus or taxi.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I wonder if they could do something like that with the loading screens? Like if they visit a neighbor's house, and the neighbor invites them in, they should show a cutscene with the door opening, the Sim walking in, and the Sim being greeted by the neighbor. The only issue I see here is that different computers have different loading times, so maybe the speed of the opening of the door could be affected by the speed of the computer's graphic capabilities, and the size of the house/lot being loaded. For community lots, there could be a cutscene of the Sim getting into a bus or taxi, scenery going by in the window of the taxi/bus, then the Sim getting out of the bus or taxi.

In TS2 there was a tick box you could click in game options to turn off the in game cut scenes, however if your graphics card couldn't handle them at all they were automatically off by default and couldn't be turned on unless you upgraded your computer to the right specs. This used to annoy me as a kid (I was probably 13-14 when I played TS2) but in hindsight I really appreciated that feature because it was really considerate of them to not have them on as a default when your computer couldn't handle it.

Anyway you'd hope they'd remember this and do a similar thing in TS4 if they ever decide to make them.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I liked the cut scenes the first time I saw them but there are only so many times you can watch the same thing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I can't even remember them, been far too long since I last played TS2 :sweat:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif