Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Apartment Role-Playing Game! [In Character]

1545556575860...Next

Comments

• Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Phil Jester

"Olives, yes! They sure are. Amazing. My favourite snack... Apart from jalapeños. Those are my favourites. Hmm..."

"Oo, jalapeños? I don't know if I've ever had those, actually..." Alejandro cheerfully announced that he hated the song that just started playing, and I started giggling.

"Oh, you sound so displeased." I snorted a little into my drink. "Joking. But it is rather high pitched. At least no one's screaming." I wrinkled my nose. "I hate screaming songs. Too loud."

"Hm... That's just..." Alejandro made a face, like something had just died on the table. I just shook my head.

"Let's just say my career path isn't the only reason we don't speak anymore."

"Sometimes... sometimes I just forget how privileged I am." He rolled his eyes. "Anyway, events like that, I only go because Antonio wants company. I'd do almost anything for him, even if it means me being twerked into a wall by some random plastered lassie."

"Eh, I mean, it was more our community, y'know? Generally California isn't... like that. Not that it matters. I moved away to get away from all that, not to drag it wherever I go. I- tell me about Antonio." My eyebrows furrowed slightly, as I tried to articulate what I wanted to say. "I still don't know that much about him, surprisingly. He seems..." I huffed slightly, and took another sip of my drink. "Important? The emptier my drink, the more words I seem to lose." I glared down at my drink, before dunking my last olive in the martini and popping it in my mouth. Anyway. Do tell."
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Alejandro Magorian

"Oh, you sound so displeased." Phil snorted, and I laughed. "Joking. But it is rather high pitched. At least no one's screaming."
    "To say the least! And that... strange background noise."
    "I hate screaming songs. Too loud", he continued.
    "Screaming." I nodded. "Screaming is very loud. Some instruments in the background and then 'waaah', very refined."

"Let's just say my career path isn't the only reason we don't speak anymore", he said after the short talk about his father. I nodded slightly.
    "I understand."

"Eh, I mean, it was more our community, y'know?"
    "That's what makes me privilegied, one of the things. Like... 'Community? What community? It's just like me having... Dark hair and sensitive eyes.' Then I almost forget that it isn't that casual for everyone and I get very, very humbled when I realize how..."
    "Generally California isn't... like that. Not that it matters. I moved away to get away from all that, not to drag it wherever I go."
    "Oh..." I nodded again, closing my eyes for a second.
    "I- tell me about Antonio." His eyebrows furrowed, and I looked at him, tilting my head.
    "Antonio...?"
    "I still don't know that much about him, surprisingly."
    "You know the most important thing about him, and that's the fact that he can find pesto almost anywhere." I smirked.
    "He seems..." He huffed, and I tilted my head to the other side, frowning slightly. "Important? The emptier my drink, the more words I seem to lose. Anyway. Do tell."
    "The emptier your drink... I'm the other way around." I chuckled, shaking my head. "My vocabulary expands and get more and more nonsensical. Ah, well... Antonio, Antonio... Mr. Laterza... What to say..." Dang, I thought, I miss that sod. We've celebrated most of our New Years eve's together for as long as we have known each other. I sure hoped that he had fun in Italy... And I was glad that I, despite missing him, still celebrated with some really cool people. "He's important, alright", I continued, snickering. "And very much so. He's definitely one of my closest friends, the friend I've known for the longest time, we met when we were in our older teens. The other friends from my younger years, we kinda drifted apart. Not that I grieve it. Ohh, eccentric fella. Loud. I swear, he's much more... energetic when he hasn't a severe hangover like he had the short moment you saw him. Fun fact. When we just had met we tried to fall in love with one another. Not sure why, I guess we thought it would be 'practical' since we hit it off so well. Safe to say we didn't succeed in our mission." I snickered again, then I emptied my glass of Irish cream. "Do you have anyone..." I shrugged. "...important to tell me about then?"
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    Phil Jester

"You know the most important thing about him, and that's the fact that he can find pesto almost anywhere." I laughed.

"Very true. Though, I'm sure there's definitely more to the man than that."

I listened intently as he talked. Antonio... he would be the best book character. Always doing new, crazy things. Pushing the plot forward in directions the writer didn't even think of before. He was so vibrant. Alive.

"Fun fact. When we just had met we tried to fall in love with one another. Not sure why, I guess we thought it would be 'practical' since we hit it off so well. Safe to say we didn't succeed in our mission."

I stifled a chuckle with my drink. "Thanks for bringing that up. I wasn't sure how to go about asking about... all of that. You two just seem to click so well, y'know? Like, it would make sense for you to be together-" I cut myself off. "Sorry. Things don't... they don't always work out, do they? Even when they should. The universe is so annoying. I just... can't everything just be linear and straightforward? I just want, like, a name on your wrist, telling you who your soulmate is. Then there would be less "things not working out". Stupid things not working out. They should go to a freaking gym." I slumped on the table, nearly toppling my drink over.

"I wish I had someone to tell you about. All of my childhood friends are hundreds of miles away, and it's... it's hard. It's not like I can call my dad for a nice chat, y'know?" I sighed. "It's not like I'm not a people person, either. I've just been so busy lately. I'm just so tired of... adulting sometimes. Is that a word? I'm making it a word. And adulting alone is even worse. I- oh, gosh. That sounds really weird." I was laughing at this point, and I had picked myself up off the counter. "What was I saying? I... I just hate laundry, man. And some kids can barely even construct a sentence, let alone a paragraph..." I was still laughing, and trying to shut myself up just made it worse. "Man... I don't even know why I'm laughing. Like. Why anything, really? Why do I even care what my dad thinks? Why do my kids not know what a comma is? Why aren't you and Antonio dating? Why is Antonio so good at finding pesto? I mean, like, some of them just perplex me to no end. You're pretty great, Alejandro. I honestly don't know how you haven't dated, like everyone in the apartment. Except... maybe Ezra. Who knows what that guy's into."
  • Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Alejandro Magorian

"Thanks for bringing that up." Phil took a gulp of his drink after I had mentioned how Antonio and I had failed the fine art of falling in love. "I wasn't sure how to go about asking about... all of that. You two just seem to click so well, y'know? Like, it would make sense for you to be together-" He cut himself off, I laughed a little.
    "Oh, you could just have asked." I nodded. "We do... But..." I tilted my head. "He's mad. I'm mad. That would probably be too much madness at one time..." I frowned. "Or something of the sorts."
    "Sorry. Things don't... they don't always work out, do they? Even when they should. The universe is so annoying. I just... can't everything just be linear and straightforward? I just want, like, a name on your wrist, telling you who your soulmate is. Then there would be less "things not working out". plum things not working out. They should go to a freaking gym."
    "They..." I chuckled at his rambling. It was pretty adorable. "...even when they should. Dang the universe! Dang it I say!" I pretended to be highly upset. "The entire universe should go to a gym. That wrist-thing, though..." I snickered. "What if it would say, like... John Smith. Or John Doe. Or Jane Doe. Or Jane Smith. And you would have to browse through every single person with that name and..." I frowned. "No, no. They would have one's own name on their wrist..." I finished my drink. "...that would make things easier.

"I wish I had someone to tell you about. All of my childhood friends are hundreds of miles away, and it's... it's hard."
    "Hmm..." I nodded a little.
    "It's not like I can call my dad for a nice chat, y'know?" He sighed. "It's not like I'm not a people person, either. I've just been so busy lately. I'm just so tired of... adulting sometimes. Is that a word? I'm making it a word."
    "It's a word", I said, matter of factly. Word or not. It's a word now.
    "And adulting alone is even worse. I- oh, gosh. That sounds really weird." He was laughing, I didn't know why, but at least it was contageous. The guy seemed quite intoxicated.
    "...I agree. Adulting can be..." I giggled. "...it can be... hard. It's all these... These adult things!"
    "What was I saying? I... I just hate laundry, man. And some kids can barely even construct a sentence, let alone a paragraph..."
    "I hate laundry too, and some kids can't write." I nodded in agreement, still laughing, probably sounding a little awkward, but I couldn't help it.
    "Man... I don't even know why I'm laughing", he said. I patted his back. "Like. Why anything, really? Why do I even care what my dad thinks? Why do my kids not know what a comma is? Why aren't you and Antonio dating? Why is Antonio so good at finding pesto? I mean, like, some of them just perplex me to no end. You're pretty great, Alejandro. I honestly don't know how you haven't dated, like everyone in the apartment. Except... maybe Ezra. Who knows what that guy's into."
    "Why. Why indeed. I will have to admit..." I leaned into him a bit. "...things perplex me as well. To no end." I giggled a little. "And you're pretty great too, Phil. Pretty dang great. But me dating like everyone in the apartment except for maybe Ezra because who knows hat that guy's into..." I chuckled, covering my mouth with my hands. "...nah."
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Vivian Burrito

It seems like people busied themselves talking to each other so I went to the dance floor to be with Devon.

"HEY DEVVIE!" I called. She looked at me while dancing nastily.
    "VIVI!" She called back. We laughed at each other and I started to dance and get drunk.

The club is getting louder and louder as the Dj fired some lit music. Crowds cheering, me and Devon raved too. My alcoholic drink spilled on the floor when a guy bumped at me, but I was drunk, so I laughed it out and started to dance with the guy. I cheered and cheered until I don't want to stop jumping, dancing, and shouting.

Devon brought out her phone for a group selfie with the other people who are dancing with us. She also did snapchat herself with a hot guy. I brought out my phone and posed for a selfie with Devon and the guy and myself, too. The next time I just did was to wink flirtatiously at the hot guy who bumped me. Being drunk, he slapped my hips flirtatiously and I started to french kiss the guy while I snapchat it.

Devon cheered, "Go Vivian!!!"

The Dj continued to burst the music until the Dj stopped to inform us that 2017 is approaching. Some staffs of the club prepared the fireworks at the side of the club.

"2017 is fast approaching. Let's count to 10, 9, 8..." the DJ started and still burst the loudest music. Crowds started to count too.

"7"
    "6"
    "5"
    "4"

"WOOOO!!!" I shouted as I bounched, raved, and jumped along with the music. The staffs prepared the firework.

"3"
    "2"
    "1"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" I shouted with the crowd, and at the same time, the fireworks were lit and England's dark sky was filled with colorful, bright lights and the rooftop of our cub too.

The Dj burst the loudest music too and people got more drunk and crazier.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    Charlie Walker

The buzz and excitement around, a new year. By that point I was a bit overwhelmed so I juust decided to sit down for a bit and look at the news, boring but I couldn't really care. I also kept sipping on what I thought was about my 30th glass of lemonade of the night. I just sat down, waiting for something to happen.
  • Options
    LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    Ophelia Rose

We ended up in a dingy park after trekking around trying to find a pizza place that was still open, the sort of place you walk past quickly. Mel was still clinging onto her drink like it was her first born, a very liquidy, yeasty first born.

I raised an eyebrow at her "Is that your last one?"

"Relax, it's fine," she pulled a face and faced the skate ramp behind us, "bet you can't get to the top." She turned back around, glint in her eye, and grabbed the box, chucking it up onto the ledge.

"I was looking forward to that!"

"Go get it then."

I rolled my eyes. This was definitely something I hadn't missed. I jumped for the top, scrambling slightly, Mel laughing her head off. I lunged for her bottle, if I couldn't have pizza she couldn't have beer.

I smiled "Go get it then." She was always better at climbing anyway.
    She spent ages trying to reach it, there wasn't much point trying to get it anymore. It would be cold anyway but she looked so desperate.
    I drank what was left in her bottle. An eye for an eye and all that.

She gave up eventually and sat back down on the floor huffing and puffing, patting the ground next to her. I sat down next to her and handed the empty beer to her. "Sorry, but I really wanted that pizza."

She frowned and leant on my shoulder "I didn't want it anyway...what time is it?" Mel reached for her phone, shivering.

I put my arm around her.

11:58.

"Nearly."
    "What's your resolution?" She asked.
    "No more lies, well, less lies."
    "Less lies."

11:59.

She curled her little finger around mine, "Stay safe."
    I squeezed her hand "I will. Be careful."

12:00.

Fireworks lit up the sky, making us both jump.
    "Happy New Year Stinky!" I laughed hugging her tight.
    "Happy New Year Smelly." She laughed back.
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
  • Options
    Phil Jester

I was a laughing mess. Between Alejandro's nonstop giggling and Vivian and Devon's crazy raving on the dance floor, everything was all hilarious and funny. I fumbled through my wallet to pay the bartender, trying to get my giggling under control. With a little wave, I grabbed Alejandro's hand and tried to pull him towards the thickening crowd of people. "C'mon! Let's go jump around and scream and stuff. It's almost midnight! I wanna start my new year in a crowd of cheering, drunk business men. Maybe their richness will rub off on us." I pulled him over towards Vivian and Devon, who were jumping around and screaming. I smiled at him and tapped his head, giggling again. "Get your resolutions ready, man. I'm sure it'll be one heck of a year. Who knows? Maybe my students will actually learn some proper grammar. You could be-like... a homemade jewelry tycoon, or something. I'll just, like, crash in your mansion all the time. It'll be great! 🐸🐸🐸🐸. That should totally be your resolution."