Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Apartment Role-Playing Game! [In Character]

Comments

• KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Vivian Burrito

"God, man. He's not her boyfriend, alright? Lay off." Phil said to Christian and he invited Alejandro to the bar. My face turned red at the embarrassment my brother made. I turned to look at him and glared.
    "What? I'm just making sure your having fun!" He said.
    "What?! Really?! Is that your definition of having fun? 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Christian, what's wrong with you?" I shouted. Some people turned to look at us but 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I turned to look at Alejandro and Phil who are having deep conversation with Ophelia and some girl I really don't care. Now they're gossiping about us. About how weird my stooopid brother is.
    "Desteen, I'm really sorry. It's just that.. I remember what happened years ago." He said. I rolled my eyes.
    "Christian, that was years ago and I finally moved on about it. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing." I said, irritated. What does he think of me? A damsel always in distress surrounded by hot knights inside a fancy brothel so I can give their satisfaction?
    "Des-"
    "Our cousin is having fun, look. You need to be overprotective from her because she might get three people inside." I said and pointed at Devon, who's dancing with three dudes and a bunch of people who's dancing with her.

So, I left my brother standing and I hadn't noticed Ezra left us. I looked at Maxine, "Sorry about that if you find my brother weird. Anyways, you want to go to the bar with me?" I said then smiled at her, and I remembered she felt pale after she got drunk. "Oh, by the way, are you fine now? I just noticed you were really drunk earlier." I said and tried to touch her head as to feel if she's hot and sick. Fortunately, she's good. "You're fine. I'm going to get myself apologize to everybody. You'll find me there." I said and pointed at the direction of Alejandro.

I started to walk towards them, my hands fidgeting. I'm quite nervous because I think they might leave me alone, and thinking at that thought made my heart ache. Hmmm, how many times did I really get to touch with them? I'm always being with Devon, Kylie, Devon, Kylie. I really forgot to be with them, and that's why I really feel so lonely all the time. Why do I think this way?

Anyways, I looked at them. "Hey," I said to everybody. My chest pumping so hard I think it might come out. "I'm really really sorry about my brother. He's overprotective of me... Uh.. You know what happened years ago right? I mean, it's between me, Roman, and Angelica and in this club where all it started." I explained and looked at everybody.

"🐸🐸🐸🐸 what's wrong with my family? First, Devon, and now, Christian?" I said to nobody, and half-chuckled. I looked at Alejandro and forced a smile. "Can I hug you? urgh, I mean as a sign of apology." I said to him but just before he can say yes or no, I hugged him tight. How many months, weeks, and days had passed before I hugged this guy again? Not that it matters, but if just felt good hugging him again. Next, I cut out the hug and looked at Phil.

"I'm sorry, I think my brother made you upset." I said, and chuckled, and remembered what he reacted earlier. He's like.... a jealous man? Hmmm... considering these two people in front of me being so close together made everything... hmmm.

I turned to the bar and mumbled at myself loudly for them to hear, "I feel like there's a really cute situation going on." I looked at the bartender and ordered a champagne. Why do I keep ordering some wines this night? I sip the champagne and turned to look and I noticed the girl who's face unfamiliar. I smiled at her.

"Hello. Nice to meet you. Are you someone's friend here?" I said and took a sip again.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Alejandro Magorian

"I'm glad I'm not scary." Phil raised an eyebrow, grinning at me, as he spoke. "I'm a catch, in fact. Well, I appreciate the compliment. I- hold on. I just realized that's... why are there so many fish related dating puns? Like... "You're a catch" and "Don't worry, there's other fish in the sea." He gasped. "Did anyone else just realize that? God, I feel like I'm the drunk one now."
    "So you are." I chuckled and nodded matter-of-factly. "Hah! You know, I never realized that either. And that 'reel them in'..." I shrugged. "I can't stand that one, nobody should come near me with any fishing hooks!" I smirked. "Perhaps the friendly bartender put something in your Coke..." I said jokingly.

"Or maybe," Ophelia snorted "it's to stop people like you too drinking yourselves silly."
    "Tch!" I laughed. "No, they just want our money." I took a sip of my Irish cream. "One day they'll make people pay to use the bathrooms too." I chuckled a bit when Mel was about to say something about a drunk Ophelia and promptly got stopped.
    "That's true. I'm genuinely afraid to see what people will be like by the end of the night. We've still got a while yet until midnight."
    "Hmmmyes... People tend to go a bit overboard on New Years." I shrugged. "But at least I'm not planning on doing that this year." Just as I said that, the bartender handed me my drink. I took a sip of it and flashed the thumbs-up sign to him.

Vivian approached us, for some reason she looked a bit nervous. I tilted my head and bit my lip, hoping she was fine.
    "Hey," she said. I smiled kindly at her.
    "Oh, hi again."
    "I'm really really sorry about my brother. He's overprotective of me... Uh.. You know what happened years ago right? I mean, it's between me, Roman, and Angelica and in this club where all it started."
    "Aw, Vivi... No need to apologize, first of all it's not your fault, and second... Well, I understand if he is and, oh..."
    "Can I hug you? urgh, I mean as a sign of apology." She looked at me, and right after she was hugging me tightly.
    "Of course you can hug me, as much as you want, but no need to apologize." I returned her hug, tight as well, stroking her back in a reassuring way. Poor Vivi, she seemed so embarrassed.
    "I'm sorry, I think my brother made you upset." She chuckled.
    "Ah no, I mean, he didn't upset me or anything. I just got... well. Very confused." I smiled. "I bet he isn't bad at all."
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Phil Jester

"Ha. That actually sounds a bit terrifying. Like, 'date me, or you're getting a fishing hook to the face'. Oh... I supposed he did put something in my drink. They always say to never drink a drink you didn't see the bartender make, but what if it's the bartender who's spiking your drink, eh?"

After a bit more chatter, I looked up from my drink to see Vivian walking up to us. She had this... nervous look on her face, and I frowned slightly. She started apologizing for her brother, and I felt a twinge of guilt in my stomach. I never... I didn't want to make Vivian feel bad. I was still pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at her brother, though.

But if it made Vivian feel bad...

She turned to me, chuckling as she said, "I'm sorry, I think my brother made you upset." I shook my head.

"Don't apologize, Viv. You didn't do anything." Ugh. Way to do exactly what you warned yourself against doing. Ruin the night, why don't you, Phil? And you didn't even get upset about alcohol-

I sighed, and took a small sip of my drink. I grimaced at the slight watery taste. Too much melted ice. Ew. I didn't know if it was even possible to nurse a soda, but the state of my ice seemed to suggest so.

I stirred my drink half-heartedly, and turned towards Vivian. "Again, I'm sorry. I didn't-apologies for making you feel bad. You set this whole thing up and I... I haven't even thanked you yet! I feel like a horrible guest. Thanks for setting this all up. Despite... y'know," I made a vague gesture with my hands, "this has been really fun." I shot her (what I hoped was) a reassuring smile.
  • GhettoxRainbowsGhettoxRainbows Posts: 847 Member
    Ezra Colburn

"I know, right?" Alejandro shrugged at my outrage. "It's a scam. A scam, I say."

"I should demand a free refill." I said with furrowed brows.

"Or maybe, it's to stop people like you too drinking yourselves silly." Ophelia laughed, and I chuckled a bit. That was probably a more legit reason than a scam.

"That's true. I'm genuinely afraid to see what people will be like by the end of the night. We've still got a while yet until midnight."

"Hmmmyes... People tend to go a bit overboard on New Years. But at least I'm not planning on doing that this year."

"Well I'll be fine," I said, hopping up onto a barstool "Last one for tonight. I promise." I waved down the bartender for a last drink. A Black Russian.

"Like you haven't" Mel teased, nudging Lia, "remember that time you -"

"-okay, okay I get it! And me." She was immediately cut off.

"That time she, what?" I playfully asked Mel, trying to conceal a smirk.

I noticed Vivan come over, having ditched her brother, and looking half embarrassed. She apologised on his behalf, to both Alejandro and Phil, and explained it all to them over hugs, which was nice. Alejandro got all the hugs in the house. Drunk me was jealous, but sober me would definitely get weird about it. I took a small sip of my drink, wanting to make it last, at least until no one was looking and I would immediately break my promise, skip off, and do shots with a random group of people.
    CSI Miami let's go to the beach!
  • Alyssa4LifeAlyssa4Life Posts: 633 Member
    Maxine Myers

I decided to join everyone at the bar and try to unwind again. It only really hit me hard because I drank so much too fast. I grabbed a set and the bar and got some beer, looking around at everyone. "Hey guys, yeah don't worry I'll pay for my many damages.......I just wanna drink right now." I looked at Alejandro, knowing that he didn't like the idea, but I didn't care at the moment. I just wanted to unwind.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    Phil Jester

Maxine approached the bar, looking a tad stressed. "Hey guys, yeah don't worry I'll pay for my many damages.......I just wanna drink right now." I looked at her in shock, and let out a half mangled laugh.

"D- damages? How- what?"
    Maxine Myers

"Oh, don't even get me started on the time I actually got thrown on the curb in winter with nothing but a blanket because I got so drunk." I remembered that time slightly. Probably due to the alcohol. I did drink like over 10 shots so yeah. Good for them.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    Vivian Burrito

"Aw, Vivi... No need to apologize, first of all it's not your fault, and second... Well, I understand if he is and, oh..." Alejandro started, but I interrupted him and asked for a hug. "Of course you can hug me, as much as you want, but no need to apologize." He said then hugged me tightly back. He stroked my back in a reassuring way. The action made me blush and comforted.

"Don't apologize, Viv. You didn't do anything." Said Phil. I nodded, and stared at him as he sipped his drink. I giggled. I think I'll tease him to Alejandro. "Again, I'm sorry. I didn't-apologies for making you feel bad. You set this whole thing up and I... I haven't even thanked you yet! I feel like a horrible guest. Thanks for setting this all up. Despite... y'know," He continued and made a vague gesture with his hands. "this has been really fun."

"Sure. You're welcome." I said, still smiling playfully. I walked closer to him and nudged him playfully at his stomach. I leaned in closer to whisper at his ear.

"You like Alejandro, don't you?" I whispered, then winked at him playfully as I giggled.

edited March 2017
    Alejandro Magorian

"Ha. That actually sounds a bit terrifying. Like, 'date me, or you're getting a fishing hook to the face'. Oh... I supposed he did put something in my drink. They always say to never drink a drink you didn't see the bartender make, but what if it's the bartender who's spiking your drink, eh?"
    "And then I'll run as fast as I can because the only piercing I want is the one I already have in my ear." I snickered. "I wonder who came up with that expression... Actually, all those expressions we all pretty much take for granted. And those who came up with them will never get any credit. Such as..." I frowned. "Oh, that one... 'I'd rather be hated for what I am than liked for something I'm not', something of the sort... That was actually, uhm, a..." I tried to recall what Antonio had told me. He was the literature dork, not me. "Ah... some Nobel Prize winner. French guy." I shrugged. "Why am I rambling like this?" I grinned. "But yes. I think we'll blame the nice bartender, because we have to blame someone for you seeming drunk."

"I should demand a free refill."
    "Go for it, man", I said to Ezra with a smirk.
    "Well I'll be fine," he said when the subject of alcohol and going overboard came up. "Last one for tonight. I promise", he said as he ordered a Black Russian. I crinkled my nose. Never liked those. A bit... dominant. Taste-wise.
    "Oh, I can never say that... 'Last one for tonight', that is. I just get afraid to sober up." I shrugged. "Not that I, ah, dislike being sober. But sobering up... Unpleasant sensation. Can't stand it. Like a hangover light. So I need something to sip sip sip on."

We were soon joined by Maxine, who wanted to order some drinks.
    "Hey guys, yeah don't worry I'll pay for my many damages.......I just wanna drink right now." She looked in my direction. I tilted my head, smiling a bit at her. If I was to try to talk her out of it I'd probably... no, I would be a huge hypocrite, but I hoped she didn't plan to drink enough to be semi-passed out, like she seemed to have done before.
    "Of course you do... But perhaps it would be a good idea to drink a bit more slowly this time." I'm the one to talk. But this night I had been able to handle myself pretty well after all.

Vivian suddenly started acting quite... playful with Phil. Nudging, whispering, giggling, winking. Hah. Some inside-joke going on? I raised an eyebrow, chuckling to myself. Gossiping, perhaps. Gossip. That would certainly be her turn, what with all the theories of Nigerian princes and so on we had had before.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    Ophelia Rose

"I know, right?" Alejandro shrugged. "It's a scam. A scam, I say."

I nodded, it would probably be a good idea for some of them to stop now or at least slow down a bit. Mass hangover in a house of 10.5 people wouldn't be the best idea in the world. I frowned looking at the time, it had gone by quicker than I expected but 2017 couldn't come soon enough.

"That time she, what?"

"The time we ordered a pizza, but she was so smashed she cried about a chunk of pineapple that looked like a duck. For a solid hour." She grinned. Not my finest hour.
    "You should've seen it, it really did look like a duck." I pointed out.

Vivian joined us, apologizing for her brother. I felt a little bit bad, it wasn't her fault, but the whole situation seemed funny. I gave her a smile and a thumbs up.

"Hello. Nice to meet you. Are you someone's friend here?" She said.

Mel gave my face a friendly slap "Nice to meet you too, Vi...Vivian? Valerie? No Vivian?"

We were soon joined by Maxine as well, who seemed very out of it already but also seemed to have no plans of stopping. "Hey guys, yeah don't worry I'll pay for my many damages.......I just wanna drink right now." I wondered thinking about how much more she'd be able to physically drink. "Just take it easy, yeah? And if you don't feel great come and find us."
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
    Maxine Myers

"I know I should try quitting but not right now! It's a party guys! Seriously!" I sighed, drinking my beer, waiting to at least try to get drunk. I don't know why I liked it so much, I guess it was just fun for me. I decided to order some Black Russian and wait until I got smashed enough to rave again. Meh, maybe it was the alcohol talking. Either way, I decided to talk to everyone. "How's it going Vivian? Out of it yet?"
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    edited March 2017
    Alejandro Magoran

"The time we ordered a pizza, but she was so smashed she cried about a chunk of pineapple that looked like a duck. For a solid hour."
    "You should've seen it, it really did look like a duck."
    "If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck..." I snickered at Mel's and Ophelia's conversation about the sloshed Lia. That sounded quite adorable, actually.

"...what was less cute was that one time when Antonio and I, as well as a few other friends, were drinking at that beach a warm summer night about eight years ago. It was a jellyfish. It was stranded. I think it was dead, but I threw it in the water anyway. Then I, for some reason, took the blame for the fact that it might have been dead. Because I hadn't guarded it. Then my face was buried close to Antonio's armpit and I sobbed 'I love je-ehe-hellyfi-i-ish!' And he went 'there, there, it's in heaven now'. That was about the last thing I remembered from that evening. I woke up on his couch wearing only underwear and a hat. I have no idea who was the owner of said hat." Cringe.

"I know I should try quitting but not right now! It's a party guys! Seriously!"
    "Heh." I smirked at Maxine, making the peace-sign... For some reason. "At least you're not making shoutouts to people who aren't present, singing Irish drinking songs, falling off chairs and making out with one of your best friends while shouting in Spanish and Italian." I shrugged.
    Post edited by Lightfield on
    Ezra Colburn

"The time we ordered a pizza, but she was so smashed she cried about a chunk of pineapple that looked like a duck. For a solid hour."

"You should've seen it, it really did look like a duck."

"If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck..." Alejandro chuckled.

"Pineapple on pizza?" I shook my head disappointedly, but with a small smile "And here I was just beginning to like you."

Maxine ordered a Black Russian too, and I clinked my glass with hers. She'd make a fine drinking buddy on sleepless nights, where you just need something on the rocks, with a cigar... a monocle, and a fine chat whilst you twist your gentlemanly moustache. I snickered, childishly, at my own thoughts. I listened and laughed as Alejandro recalled one of his drunken adventures with a jellyfish, then gave my wrist a little flick, checking the time. It'd be 2017 soon, I had no resolutions for the coming year, or at least none that I'd stick to past February. If it aint broke don't fix it, as they say.
    Maxine Myers

I smirked. At least Alejandro was reassuring. And now that the alcohol was kicking in he felt weird. I was worried about this because I'm a lesbian. And this usually doesn't happen except when you get drunk. I decided to order soda water after that. "Thanks, but I think the alcohol is starting to kick in......" I tried to shake off the alcohol, but it was pretty persistent. Welp, time for a hangover tomorrow! I sighed, my hangovers were terrible. Like, I feel like I'm going to die terrible. I sighed, waiting for the alcohol to fully kick in.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    edited March 2017
    Vivian Burrito

"Nice to meet you too, Vi...Vivian? Valerie? No Vivian?" the new girl said and friendly slapped Ophelia as to show she is a friend of Ophelia. I gasped at the action then chuckled afterwards. I took a sip of my champagne.
    "Oh.. It's Vivian. You are?" I said.

It looks like people are having fun so I decided to join in and not miss the fun,

"The time we ordered a pizza, but she was so smashed she cried about a chunk of pineapple that looked like a duck. For a solid hour." the new girl said.
    "You should've seen it, it really did look like a duck." Lia pointed out.
    "If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck..." Alejandro said.
    "Pineapple on pizza?" Ezra said and shook his head disappointedly, but with a small smile "And here I was just beginning to like you." He continued. I opened my mouth in shock.
    "Horrible. I like pizza with pineapples. I'm a great fan of a Hawaiian Pizza." I said and sipped my champagne again.

"...what was less cute was that one time when Antonio and I, as well as a few other friends, were drinking at that beach a warm summer night about eight years ago. It was a jellyfish. It was stranded. I think it was dead, but I threw it in the water anyway. Then I, for some reason, took the blame for the fact that it might have been dead. Because I hadn't guarded it. Then my face was buried close to Antonio's armpit and I sobbed 'I love je-ehe-hellyfi-i-ish!' And he went 'there, there, it's in heaven now'. That was about the last thing I remembered from that evening. I woke up on his couch wearing only underwear and a hat. I have no idea who was the owner of said hat." said Alejandro.
    "Poor Alejandro having a pity of a poor jellyfish." I joked and chuckled, "You touched the jellyfish? Aren't jellyfish's tentacles itchy? I don't know, haven't touched one."

"I know I should try quitting but not right now! It's a party guys! Seriously!" Maxine said.
    "Don't worry, you should have fun until you can. Bet you would be happy next morning." I said and laughed, trying to remember the morning after the Masquerade Scene. Everybody were experiencing hungover.
    "How's it going Vivian? Out of it yet?" She asked. I nodded and took a sip of my champagne.
    "I'm good and having fun. How about you?" I said and smiled at her.

• LilacErinLilacErin Posts: 3,884 Member
    Ophelia Rose

I chuckled at Alejandro's story about his drunk jellyfish adventure, it was definitely something I could picture him doing "Maybe it was the jellyfish's hat?"

"Pineapple on pizza? And here I was just beginning to like you."

"Man, can't be friends with someone who doesn't like pineapple pizza," I folded my arms, smiling "you just have bad taste."

I folded my arms around Mel, "can we get pizza later?"
    "Do you'll think they let us in after that? And no olives?"
    "Probably, or we'll buy some fake moustaches or something. No
    olives."

Maxine decided not to stop, that worried me a bit. At the rate she was going something silly was going to happen, and I wondered how much longer she'd keep going. I cringed a little, I hoped she wouldn't do anything too dangerous.
    I checked the time, not long to go, a few hours at most.
    I'm a sad girl. I'm a mad girl. I'm a bad girl.
    <3
    edited March 2017
    Maxine Myers

I smirked at Alejandro's story. Seriously, how did he even get the hat? Stole it? Bought it? Either way, the alcohol was already kicking in so I decided to just go yolo and order 2 more shots. I didn't care at this point. "I might be drunk out of my mind right now Vivian, cause I am literally at the point where I'm gonna have a ridiculous hangover tomorrow." I sighed. The last time I had a hangover this bad was when I screwed around in a gay bar too much and woke up in Lyssa, my besties house, puking my guts out. She had to legit drag me home. "Anyway, where's Devon? I haven't seen her." Its not that I cared about her, she was kind of a jerk, but I was curious.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    edited March 2017
    Alejandro Magorian

"Pineapple on pizza?" Ezra, who didn't approve of Ophelia's tastes regarding pizza, said. "And here I was just beginning to like you."
    "Horrible. I like pizza with pineapples. I'm a great fan of a Hawaiian Pizza", Vivian replied.
    "Man, can't be friends with someone who doesn't like pineapple pizza," Ophelia said, folding her arms, "you just have bad taste."
    "Team pineapple. All the way." I smirked and nodded. "Mm, yum."

I got a few laughs when it came to the fit twenty year old Alejandro had threwn when it come to the presumably dead jellyfish. I laughed along.
    "Poor Alejandro having a pity of a poor jellyfish." Vivian chuckled. "You touched the jellyfish? Aren't jellyfish's tentacles itchy? I don't know, haven't touched one."
    "Ah yes! Poor me and poor jellyfish!" I closed my eyes, snickering, then I nodded. "Yes, I touched it, but no harm done there, that certain kind was harmless. It just felt... Well. Like jelly."
    "Maybe it was the jellyfish's hat?"
    "Not impossible, Lia! I might have inherited it... Perhaps I wore it for its funeral."

Maxine's drinking continued - I certainly didn't judge, but what with her talk about damage... Well, I hope the place wouldn't be in pieces at the end of the night. I snickered internally at the thought about this fancy place being all torn up.
    ((y'all a quick bathroom trip so I wouldn't have to respond to fifteen posts turned into character development what?))

Phil Jester

After the little heart to heart, Vivian slid closer, giggling. I shot her a confused look, before she leaned in and whisper-giggled, "You like Alejandro, don't you?" She winked playfully.

"I-" I gaped at her, shaking my head. "I- what? I don't-I mean, he's a nice guy. A great guy. This-" I cleared my throat, and shook my head again. "God. I'm acting like I'm fourteen again. Just-not here, okay? Not while everyone's so... inebriated." I shook my head again, and stood up. "I'll be right back. I've gotta go to the bathroom." I gave Viv a tight smile before walking over to the bathrooms.

My nose wrinkled slightly as I entered. The smell that permeated the bathroom wasn't... bad, per say. Just odd. I thumped my head against the mirror, groaning slightly. It was so quiet in here, and the mirror was so cold. The guy next to me chuckled. "I've been there, kid. It'll wear off."

I snapped my head up and stuttered out a response. "Oh-no I'm not-I don't-" The man just chuckled again, before patting my shoulder.

"Just wait it out, kid." I turned away, glaring.

"I'm twenty-six." The man raised an eyebrow.

"Right." I huffed, ignoring the man until he finally went away. Did I really look that bad? I mean, I had a slight eye twitch, but it wasn't that bad, right?

I splashed some water on my face, but that didn't really do anything besides make my face super wet. At least the towels were soft (and hopefully clean). I guess this is why people went to high quality clubs-the towels felt amazing.

God. I was such a loser. Everyone else was out there laughing and having fun, and I was admiring the towels. And I'd run away like a freaking teenager embarrassed by a crush. Hell, I had a career which was more than most of these people could say, but I couldn't even face a teensy crush?

I winced slightly, taken aback by my own thoughts. Those words echoed what my dad had told me when I dropped out of law school, in pursuit of an education career. Teaching wasn't a "real" profession. Really, it just didn't have the prestige that bring a lawyer would have. It was seen as lesser, just because it wasn't a well paying office job.

Five years. It's been five years since I've seen my dad, with only one exception.

Five years was a long time.

I turned on my heel, and walked out of the bathroom towards the bar. I plopped down next to Alejandro, listening as they argued about pizza choices and... jellyfish? For some reason. Maybe they were talking about jellyfish pizza. Ew.

I let out a breath (that I definitely knew j was holding), and pulled on Alejandro's shirt. "Hey. Question. I'm the lightiest lightweight that's ever lightweighted, and I don't like sweet things. What drink should I order? Um, like, with alcohol. In it. The drink. The alcohol's in the drink." Ugh. No 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Sherlock. What, did you want the alcohol poured all over the table?

My eyes flicked to his, then back to the table. "...yeah," I ended lamely.
    Ezra Colburn

"Horrible. I like pizza with pineapples. I'm a great fan of a Hawaiian Pizza", Vivian sipped at her drink.

"Man, can't be friends with someone who doesn't like pineapple pizza," Ophelia smiled, arms folded "you just have bad taste."

"Team pineapple. All the way. Mm, yum." Alejandro added.

"Three against one?" I hung my head "Well that's it, Blitz and I are moving out. Pineapple lovers." I tried to say it seriously, but cracked a smile.

I noticed Phil come back, looking a bit flustered. What happened to him in that bathroom? I wondered. I heard him say something about wanting an alcoholic drink, as he spoke to Alejandro, but I figured I was probably drunker than I had realised because, Phil despises the stuff. I shrugged, and decided to shake off some of my 'buzz' and dance for a while. I told the group where I was going, and invited them all to dance with me if they wanted, then I picked up the rest of my slowly dwindling drink, and 2-stepped my way into a crowd of people who were dancing around, and was practically dragged into the middle of a couple of twerking strangers.
    edited March 2017
    Alejandro Magorian

"Three against one?" Ezra hung his head. "Well that's it, Blitz and I are moving out. Pineapple lovers." He smiled.
    "Snap. It was nice meeting you, Ezra." I chuckled. "Pinapples. More controversial than politics."

Phil didn't seem to be in his best spirits when he returned, and come to think of it, he had looken a bit flustered when he left as well. I frowned. He sat himself down next to me, then he pulled on my shirt.
    "Hm?" I tilted my head. To the left. Which is my go-to side. "Are you alright, man?"
    "Hey. Question. I'm the lightiest lightweight that's ever lightweighted, and I don't like sweet things. What drink should I order? Um, like, with alcohol. In it. The drink. The alcohol's in the drink."
    "Huh..." I raised my eyebrows, after stifling a chuckle at his rambling. That was pretty adorable, but I was... surprised, to say the least, with his question. "Yes. Alcohol in the glass. In the drink." I gave him a little smile. "Hm... Nothing sweet, I..." I smirked at the bartender when he looked this way. "Mi amigo. Un Martini, por favor." He raised an eyebrow, looking at my half-full cocktail glass and half-full glass of Irish cream.
    "What are you, a hoarder?"
    "No. I am not." I shook my head. "It's for my friend." I turned to Phil. "Hope you'll like it. They call it 'the drink of drinks' or something of the sorts after all." I shrugged. "Even though I prefer strawberry mojitos myself... But they're rather sweet, so..." I frowned again, looking straight at him. I was feeling a bit concerned, but I didn't want to pry too much. I flashed the bartender a smile when he had mixed the drink. "Thank you, sham." I slid the drink to Phil, smiling. "Here ya go."

Ezra said that he was going to hit the dance floor - and soon he was in the middle of... wild twerkers. I chuckled.
    "Hoh! Hoh!" I took a gulp of my drink. "That's almost worse than the time I got twerked into a wall at a club..." I shrugged. "She didn't see me... Can't say I liked it."
    Phil Jester

"Huh..." Alejandro stifled a chuckled, and I faux-glared.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm a little rusty, alright? It's been awhile since... y'know." I waved my hand around, shrugging pitifully. It was true-the last alcoholic drink I'd had was in... god, tenth grade? And it was really, really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 beer. None of this fancy martini stuff. "Anyway, thanks, man. I... I appreciate it." I tried to make my smile slightly less nervous than I felt (though I doubt I was successful), and looked at the drink. It didn't look anything like I'd ever had or seen before. Which weirdly made me less nervous. Before I could talk myself out of it, I brought the drink to my lips, and took a sip.

It... tasted nothing like whatever Shawn had dug out of his fridge. Unlike the lukewarm beers he smuggled into his room, this drink was pretty cold. It had a sort of... pine-y taste? In fact, with the olive on there, it was actually pretty salty. It masked the taste of the alcohol, though I wasn't sure how I felt about that. I didn't really mind the taste of alcohol, per say. I just... didn't like the effects. But despite the fact that everyone here was very obviously smashed, none of them were throwing anything. Besides maybe their dignity, I thought, smirking at the crowd of people 'twerking' around Ezra.

My knowledge of twerking was limited to what I overheard my fifteen year olds talking about in class. Which probably said a lot more about the adults in the room than the teenagers in my class. If they enjoyed it, though... whatever. Alejandro whooped at Ezra, who was either incredibly uncomfortable or totally in his element. I honestly couldn't tell which one it was. "That's almost worse than the time I got twerked into a wall at a club..." Alejandro shrugged. "She didn't see me... Can't say I liked it."

I huffed in disbelief. "I can't even imagine how packed that club was." I snorted slightly. "How long until you were able to get out of her... hold on you?"
    edited March 2017
    Alejandro Magorian

"Yeah, yeah. I'm a little rusty, alright? It's been awhile since... y'know." Phil made a gesture with his hands.
    "Nah, I mean... What amused me was... who has alcohol in their drinks? That's so 2005. Washing one's hair with it is all the rage now." I stuck my tongue out. I didn't think that I was remotely funny.
    "Anyway, thanks, man. I... I appreciate it."
    "No problem." I smiled at him, nodding, watching as he took a sip of the Martini I ordered for him. I took a sip of my own Martini... even though mine was honeydew Martini. Green, so very green. "Do you like it?" I asked after he drank a little.

He huffed when I mentioned the time I got twerked into the wall by the woman who was all up in her own twerkish twerking-world. "I can't even imagine how packed that club was."
    "It was packed, alright." I shrugged. "It was during Pride week some year ago. The official club night or something, I don't know, everyone seemed to want to celebrate. I only went because Antonio wanted me to, he can be quite persuasive. I'm not exactly a fan of crowded places."
    "How long until you were able to get out of her... hold on you?"
    "I don't know..." I made some half-shrug with one elbow. "It felt like an eternity. Never saw the, hm, charm of that particular dance, but whatever floats their boat. Actually it was the first time I saw a twerking person in... well, person." I looked at the dancing queens at the floor, raising an eyebrow. "Man... Those lassies are wild."
    edited March 2017
    Phil Jester

I chuckled at Alejandro's joke. "Guess I missed that trend, then. I'm not too shaken up about that, though." He asked about my drink, and I took another sip, nodding slightly. "I... I think I like it. To be honest, I've never really had something like this. Pretty much all I've had are cheap. lukewarm beers. But it's nice! Not too sweet, pretty cold... salty, with the olive." I bit into the olive and groaned slightly. "Which are amazing, by the way. I could just eat these forever." I took another sip of the drink, pushing down the feeling of panic as I started to feel a bit warm and buzzed. Nothing bad ever happened when I was slightly tipsy. At least, not with Shawn. Honestly, all that happened was that his horrible puns started being funny.

He continued his story, and I nodded along. "That's cool, y'know. That you had Pride parades and all that. My dad would've killed me had I gone to one of those. And it wasn't, y'know, really Shawn's thing. I have a hard time imagining you being afraid of crowds, though. You're such a charismatic guy, y'know?" I shrugged. "I kinda get it, though. Like, I like observing people, y'know? From the sidelines. But if someone came up and asked me to dance I wouldn't refuse. Besides," I leaned in like I was divulging an important secret, "sometimes it's easier to observe from the inside."

A half-formed thought of, "You look and sound so stupid right now" formed in my mind, but I waved it away in favor of (what I considered) a more interesting conversation. "It's definitely... quite the dance. Though, to be honest, to see thirty year olds doing the same thing as my fifteen year olds... I don't know. I kinda just stick to jumping around randomly."
    Alejandro Magorian

"I... I think I like it. To be honest, I've never really had something like this. Pretty much all I've had are cheap. lukewarm beers. But it's nice!"
    "It's quite special in a way", I said, with a small smile when Phil talked about his impression regarding the Martini. "Cheap, lukewarm beers... Hm..." I chuckled and shook my head. "Brings back memories."
    "Not too sweet, pretty cold... salty, with the olive. Which are amazing, by the way. I could just eat these forever."
    "Olives, yes! They sure are. Amazing. My favourite snack... Apart from jalapeños. Those are my favourites. Hmm..." I closed my eyes for some second, enjoying this pleasant intoxication. Not too much, but more than just being tipsy - which I, to be fair, enjoy as well... But not as much when I'm at a club. Annoying music gets less annoying and so on. "Oh!" I grinned when a song I didn't know the name of started playing. "I hate this song! It's so annoying I almost get amused. Oohhh, I can't stand it."

"That's cool, y'know. That you had Pride parades and all that. My dad would've killed me had I gone to one of those."
    "Hm... That's just..." I made an expression that I hoped wouldn't show too much disgust at the thought of that attitude his father had going. I wouldn't want to accidentally insult anyone. Even though I was more than disgusted by that attitude. "Sometimes... sometimes I just forget how privileged I am." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, events like that, I only go because Antonio wants company. I'd do almost anything for him, even if it means me being twerked into a wall by some random plastered lassie." I shook my head.
    "And it wasn't, y'know, really Shawn's thing", he continued. "I have a hard time imagining you being afraid of crowds, though. You're such a charismatic guy, y'know?"
    "Heh... You think?" I looked down on my knees, giggling a little before raising my eyes again.
    "I kinda get it, though. Like, I like observing people, y'know? From the sidelines. But if someone came up and asked me to dance I wouldn't refuse. Besides," he leaned in as if he was telling me something confidential, "sometimes it's easier to observe from the inside."
    "Sometimes... sometimes, yes, you do have a point. You do have a point, my friend." I leaned in as well, as if my not-too-profound and not-very-detailed answer was something confidential as well.

"It's definitely... quite the dance." We were back on the subject of the very special dance going by the name of twerking. "Though, to be honest, to see thirty year olds doing the same thing as my fifteen year olds... I don't know. I kinda just stick to jumping around randomly."
    "I don't know... I do not know..." I took a half-sip half-gulp of my Irish cream. "Jumping around randomly, that's splendid. We share the same technique, then." I smirked and continued; "...when I'm not being spun around. I don't know why they always spin me around, but it's rather entertaining."