Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do that you want your sims to do?

2...Next

Comments

• Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    They basically got my hobbies covered, I'd like some expansion. Painting is nice, but I'd like a sketch book as well. Reading, writing, music, baking and gaming is covered. I guess I want more arts and crafts. Pottery, sewing/knitting making clothes a la Sims 2, or if they made a craft bench and your sim could make like paper mache or scrap book. That would be cool.
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Well, my daughter isn't quite there yet, but in a couple of months my answer will be: have a toddler :wink:
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I would like some improvement on things we already got, like jogging TOGETHER, and being able to talk at the same time, if you want to.
    clicking on the ground would give you the option to cloud/stargaze here and here together with if you are in a group.
    being able to fish together and talk, and garden together when in a group.
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • AnodyneSeaxxAnodyneSeaxx Posts: 41 Member
    Horses! I own, ride and train horses in real life. So maybe they could put in showing, training,and endurance riding of some sort. . :)
    Hamsters and Guinea pigs. I own two of each in real life.
    Interior decorating as a job would be nice. :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Arts and crafts (sketching, card making, pottery, knitting)
    Dancing with a partner (lindy hop, foxtrot, waltz)
    Dance in a group (old english country dance)
    OCD clean (mop floors, dust bookshelves, polish furniture, polish silverware), good for a neat freak trait.

And rather than the cards/game table, why not have a boxed board game/deck of cards in a sims inventory, that can be taken out, and played on a coffee table (with teens and children siting on the floor, and adults on the couch), or played on a regular table.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    after seeing this

I wish we really could go roller skating and skateboarders would fit perfectly in City Living

the autumn mod has also made me miss raking and making the leaf pile
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    spend a nice quiet day at home relaxing and not going anywere and spend some family time with there kids
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    i would like sims to be able to read comics or magazines. crosslegged on the floor or bed. not just sitting on a couch or chair. something more relaxed.
  • MurlurMurlur Posts: 6 New Member
    There are a lot of good ideas here! I think card and board games like Movotti suggested are a good idea! Taboo and Monopoly are popular choices for when my family gets together!

I think boxes of chalk would be a good way to pass the time too! Children and adults can create little murals on the side walk together and play hopscotch!
  • Freezer7Freezer7 Posts: 9 New Member
    Ballet would be a nice addition to the game. Other sports would be too. The recolour option from the Sims 3 would be nice to have back. Have dancing some how become a career?
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I want my sim to be able to fly and carry away hot, hairy men away to their hidden lair for some heavy duty cuddling.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2016
    Here is what could be in the game that isn't which were at one time part of my hobbies. Finishing the puzzles in the newspapers. Reading about world news and local news. Reading about their hobbies in a magazine about those hobbies. Pencil sketching on a pad. Putting ideas down on paper. Drawing out those plans. (whatever you fancy).

Flower arranging for decoration in the home. Or as gifts to others, flower baskets.

Finding things (at stores or curious shops or finding) for 'care packages' to family or friends. Mailing off those 'care packages' to those who they were intended to receive if not possible to travel and present to them. Depending on what they needed, or what they were interested in themselves. A little more than gift giving some thought and sacrifice in finding those things.

Painting and redecorating the home. Rearranging things, revamping used products (like old furniture) into something different and usable or with a new twist.

Pottery.

Going out with a sketch pad and drawing what you see, whether a person or a landscape. Reading a book while seated on the ground under a tree by a lake or wherever. Forget Kindle.

Paddle boats.

Mentoring young Sims. Whatever the subject, passing along knowledge. Teaching other Sims to play games/sports at the local youth centers.

Volunteering to help the elderly. Hair dressing, cleaning, cooking a meal, or delivering a meal. Visiting for companionship. Specific times and duties.

Volunteering at a hospital.

Volunteering at the Senior Citizens center for games, and dances etc. Volunteering at the Salvation Army to sort clothes, and objects, and or to cook meals (soup kitchens).

Doll making, for collectors.

That's just a few in my life.

ETA: I would also like to see roller skating. It was one of my favorite things.
    Also, where I used to live you could go to a place where you could dig for fossils at a dig site. It was a lot of fun.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited October 2016
    New reading animations would be greatly appreciated (reading while eating, in bed, while lounging on the couch, etc.) I know the devs once said they had trouble programming reclining animations, but one can dream.

I miss the simplicity of child play from previous games (tag, Cops and Robbers, jumping robes, red hands, Mary Mack, etc.) Would be amazing now that we have more group interactions.

Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Drink Beer
    Fertilize a bush
    Sleep in the bush
    B)
  • hdxo7hdxo7 Posts: 1 New Member
    My favorite moment of every day is when I get to sit on my rocking chair or porch swing (which we need in sims) and watch my dogs play in the yard and I get to enjoy the weather! Haha

-But really. that is what I do and is what I want my sims to do too! My gameplay is very day-to-day life and I want things added to the game that effect the average day to day things like weather (storms that shut off power or flood the property-real life things that throw life a curveball that you have to work to fix) and pets who chew up your furniture and run off where you have to gather a search party to find their sneaky self.-

I find that yes The Sims team is doing a GREAT job at adding what they can and keeping on top of it all, but I cannot help but find myself seeing that even at the base of it all-a sims life is pretty easy! Because there is nothing, other than bills and broken appliances, that effects them like there is in the real world (I guess relationships too-I will give credit!). I have never seen a game with such amazing worlds that are so clear and beautiful... that it just reallllly makes me want to see the trees with snow on them or colorful leaves blowing in the wind (that occasionally knocks a branch into a window at night and scares my sim)! I even miss being able to get a suntan!! Yeah Granite Falls is amazingggg but could we all imagine a beach/island in this world :smiley: SO EPIC.

I find it hard right now to draw inspiration from the day to day on what to have my sim do, but if it were a rainy day it would inspire my sim to watch a movie or paint. While if there was a storm it would encourage my sim to call and check in on everyone, or for a snowstorm throw a slumber party for the kids in hopes there is no school the next day!

Point being... no matter how many worlds or jobs are added I just really think the only thing that will change the gameplay for good is weather and toddlers (even though they aren't my fav you have to admit it changes the whole game). Okay thanks for reading if you have haha!