Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Dream Sims Game

elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
edited July 2022 in Off Topic Chat
What would be your dream sims game? What main feature would you like to see?

If gradual ageing/growing would never be possible, I would like to see:

Babies
Young toddlers
Pre-school children
First-school children
Tweens
Young teens
Older teens
YA
Adult
Middle-aged
Young elder
Elder

That's only 12 life stages, totally do-able :D
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Sims 2 Redux (with all of expansion packs) with open world (or semi-open) and the ability to take toddlers and babies out of the house in strollers.

And mermaids and ability to swim oceans. Because mermaids. :heart:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I thought about it many times. My dream sims game would be a big open world, like in sims 3, but with a big city and countryside around it. Every lot would be rendered and you would be able to see sims living inside their homes, on their backyards, and you would be able to enter every lot without a loading screen, even the work ones.

The graphics would be incredible, like something you would be able to accomplish on big AAA games of today. It would include rainy, stormy, cloudy, foggy and sunny as basic weather, and there would be "live events" happening everywhere around the world. For example, you could be driving your car by the shoreline, and see a party happening in a modern home. You could knock on their door and if the sim that answers is in a good mood, they would let you in and you would join the party.

The graphics would be realistic and the animations would be extensive and natural, like real people would move, nothing exaggerated or theatrical. There would be emotions, but they would be more natural and wouldn't be showing in the UI. If a couple fought, you would be seeing one of them with a sad look, walking with a sadder animation, nothing exaggerated, and as they talked to their friends, they would become calmer and smile more until they forgot the fight, all with subtle, natural human animations.

Festivals would be arranged by the government and you could find them out naturally by walking on the world. There would be shopping and sims would go out with friends and family and you could see a life like world with believable people all around you.

The build mode would be extensive like an architectural tool where you could make homes in any shape, so creativity would be limitless, and CAS would have an amazing look, with a create a style that lets you move patterns and scale them up or down, a tattoo tool that lets you combine, move and resize them in any part of the body, and it would have moving realistic hair and moving clothes when you walked.

The game itself would be so deep that you could create deep emotional stories and get lost with how much you can do and how believable and interactive everything is. As expansions would be released, the world would be expanded. For example, if a pets expansion is released, the west part of the world would be expanded with a farmland and a rural city, only making the open world bigger. You wouldn't need to do a separate save for the new town. Eventually the world would be super big and full of features.

I believe that this vision is not impossible. It's like an evolution of The Sims 3. And if TS3 was released in 2009, I believe that a sims game released in 2019 could be like this.
  • Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    The Sims 2 remastered, minus pets and supernatural, with all of the following:
    • Full scripting support.
    • No persistent monkey bars or pirate ships.
    • Effective autonomy.
    • All objects must be functional at any position even if NPCs can't be routed (I can direct them with scripts).
    • No scripted or mandatory career objectives.
    • No venue type restrictions, apart from secret locations.

High res standard models:
    possibilitiesmain.jpg

Battlefield3-quality environment:
    Image39.jpg
    Image54.jpg
    Image65.jpg
    Image91.jpg

I'm posting these images specifically because this depth is possible with the current models and architecture - this is what they should actually look like at 'ultra' depth.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Embrace drama, cut the "OH EM GEE HERE IN SIMS LAND ALL SIMS ARE SUPER HAPPY ALL THE TIME, ISN'T LIFE JUST WONDERFUL???? :D" narrative.

Seriously, how many people have come on forums talking about their evil sim that murders people? How many have talked about woohoo dungeons? I get they want to keep things age appropriate, but in Sims 3 for example, Witches could cast fire at another sim's feet and they would catch on fire and die. You could also kill vampires instantly with Thirst Curse. Those methods weren't exactly violent or especially morbid for younger ages, and I had loads of fun playing Witches simply because they could do that stuff.

I'd like to see the Sims games simply embrace these themes more. As far as I'm concerned, let's make this a soap opera simulator. I want stories about how Daryl cheated on Carol with her twin sister Karen and murdered her son-and-law Donald when he found out. I want stories that make me sit at my desk with a bucket of popcorn thinking "wow, this is getting good!" Instead I just get rather ridiculous stories of Sims flying to space to eat Grilled Cheese before coming back to earth to party all night because apparently that's all young adults do. Yep, us young adults sure are happy and partying all the time. Suuuuure is exciting...
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    My dream sims game is The Sims 4, once it's complete. It's already a perfect game in the making; it just needs pets and seasons and it's the best game ever made.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

Battlefield3-quality environment:
    Image39.jpg
    Image54.jpg
    Image65.jpg
    Image91.jpg

I'm posting these images specifically because this depth is possible with the current models and architecture - this is what they should actually look like at 'ultra' depth.

These images should make people wake up! This was possible years ago! Why can't The Sims look like that? Maybe it could if it wasn't for Olympus, here is hoping that there is a The Sims 5, because then it could look like this, and even better still!
  • link4566link4566 Posts: 59 Member
    For starters, the graphics would be moderately realistic, with an open world environment. Trees start off small in the neighborhood and grow larger over an extended period of time. I'd like to see a sims game without distinct life stages-- like they'd fade together seamlessly as the sim ages. The neighborhood and environment wouldn't stay so polished. Streets, houses, and furniture gradually shows some wear-and-tear as the years progress.

In create a sim I would love more extensive tools to design unique Sims. I would love if you could upload a picture of your face, or use a webcam and the game would generate the facial structure based off the photo. It would save so much time when I'm trying to make someone specific based on a picture. I'd also like the ability to draw on the Sims faces. Draw on facial hair, add bags under the eyes, scars, beauty marks, wrinkles.

I know a lot of this stuff probably isn't possible, but I love fantasizing about my dream Sims game :') ... I'm always hoping for a bright future.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    Omg, I obviously haven't been dreaming BIG enough! I love all your ideas! And now I'm sad cos I really want a game like this.
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    Basically, I'd want a mix between the sims 2 and 3, with a touch of advancement in graphics and tecnology: A more realistic artstyle, the chance to see a more subtle passing of the sims age (Like the appearing of gray hair in adult sims before becaming elder, elder becaming more old looking the more they live, teens having spots and the growing of the first beard)
    I'd like to see more seriuos illness (or the chance to set them as if not cured can be fatal)
    Open world, or at least open neighborhood, but in this case with the chance to control the sims you leave at home with a minor widow Always open, like the one to see people ringing at the door in the sims.
    A mix of the traits and the personality points: For traits like shyness/serious etc having the sistem points, but For stuff like vegetarian, horse lover, etc, having traits.

CASt, all life stages, must be in this game, as well as cars and an was tool to build/customize the world.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    My dream Sims game would be to combine what I think is the best of Sims2. In fact, I would love for EA to take Sims2, change out the CAS for the one in Sims4, tweak the build mode so it has the best of Sims3 & 4 capabilities; Give us the game length of Sims3, plus the sliders in Epic. Allow the Sims to layer their clothing as in the player can pick which outfit, top, bottoms, shoes, sock, add a sweater or coat and of course the hat on any style of hair. Most of all I'd like the Sims, themselves, to behave the way they do in Sims2. Also, please don't make the game so very easy. Random deaths should occur. Things happen in life. I almost cashed in my chips, so to speak just seven years ago! I also like the way we can save copies of our Sims in our person library. Bring back robbers; police; fire department. Give us earthquakes, flooding and throw in a meteor or two. I'm all in favor of gradual aging, if that can be done. If not, please give us baby Sims (as opposed to objects) toddlers and I wouldn't be opposed to some visible signs of an adult nearing their golden years to reflect that they're getting older. How about if a male Sims' sideburns were to go gray and a random streak of gray showing up in either gender's hair. Also, some could go gray, while others go white, instead. If we're to have pre-teens, or at least shorter at the onset of teen hood, it would be a very nice thing to have them "get taller" once they hit, 16, or midway through their teen stage.

I have said all along that were they to combine the best of the best from 2, 3 & 4, this game would be dynamite.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited October 2016
    I thought about it many times. My dream sims game would be a big open world, like in sims 3, but with a big city and countryside around it. Every lot would be rendered and you would be able to see sims living inside their homes, on their backyards, and you would be able to enter every lot without a loading screen, even the work ones.

The graphics would be incredible, like something you would be able to accomplish on big AAA games of today. It would include rainy, stormy, cloudy, foggy and sunny as basic weather, and there would be "live events" happening everywhere around the world. For example, you could be driving your car by the shoreline, and see a party happening in a modern home. You could knock on their door and if the sim that answers is in a good mood, they would let you in and you would join the party.

The graphics would be realistic and the animations would be extensive and natural, like real people would move, nothing exaggerated or theatrical. There would be emotions, but they would be more natural and wouldn't be showing in the UI. If a couple fought, you would be seeing one of them with a sad look, walking with a sadder animation, nothing exaggerated, and as they talked to their friends, they would become calmer and smile more until they forgot the fight, all with subtle, natural human animations.

Festivals would be arranged by the government and you could find them out naturally by walking on the world. There would be shopping and sims would go out with friends and family and you could see a life like world with believable people all around you.

The build mode would be extensive like an architectural tool where you could make homes in any shape, so creativity would be limitless, and CAS would have an amazing look, with a create a style that lets you move patterns and scale them up or down, a tattoo tool that lets you combine, move and resize them in any part of the body, and it would have moving realistic hair and moving clothes when you walked.

The game itself would be so deep that you could create deep emotional stories and get lost with how much you can do and how believable and interactive everything is. As expansions would be released, the world would be expanded. For example, if a pets expansion is released, the west part of the world would be expanded with a farmland and a rural city, only making the open world bigger. You wouldn't need to do a separate save for the new town. Eventually the world would be super big and full of features.

I believe that this vision is not impossible. It's like an evolution of The Sims 3. And if TS3 was released in 2009, I believe that a sims game released in 2019 could be like this.

This one is my favorite of all the ideas but it would take an amazingly advanced computer to have every single thing running at once. I think this could work if you took out the fully open world and just had fully open neighborhoods with loading screens only when you went to new world/neighborhood. This would be amazing though!!!!!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmmm
    If I designed the Base Game

I would basically redesign the Sims 4 using the Unreal Engine.
    Because I'm Mason I would Give one other option than being a mere Human, and that would be Sorcerer, However they wouldn't be 100% developed. Just a few spells, and content to start off. but over time Because they are my favorite I'd do 3 generous patch in upgrades to them, and then Start charging for pack for this life State.

Sims would have emotions.

I don't Know about Gradual aging, But the Stages would be Complete
    Baby: Birth-2
    Toddler: 3-5
    Child:6-10
    Preteen:11-13
    Teen: 14-17
    Young Adult: 18-29
    Adult: 30-64
    Elder: 65-Death
    Sim Only Becomes a Ghost when they die

Designing your Sim

Same CAS4 features

Trait Slots
    Toddler 1
    Child: 2
    Preteen: 3
    Teen: 4
    Y Adult: 5
    Adult - Elder: 6

Favorites: Kind of like Grouping System, You would be able to choose at least 1 min. or 3 max. in a category except favorite color
    And each favorite is linked to emotions or has a special effect in game mode.
    Color:
    Food & Drink +Happiness when eating/drinking, +Sad when made poor quality, and Haven't eaten favorite food in a while.
    Music Genres +Inspiration/Confidence when listening
    Film/Novel Genre +Focus when watching/reading.
    Hobbies When emotion is Bored/Tense Sims will Autominously go do what their favorite hobby is.
    Weather Relaxes Sims from extreme emotions.
    Animal +Playful when interacting with favorite (Base Game) animal is

Aspirations
    Instead of doing one aspiration at a time you can choose a list and do them as you wish.

Onto Live mode,

the environment would be a blend between the Sims 3 and 4,
    The Seasons would be a Thing You'd experience Temperature change, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
    But because It's my Game I would introduce My own made up world called, Briarwood which is a mix of Urban and Rural living.
    But basic Weather
    Sunny/Cloudy
    Rain, Fog, Thunder Storms
    Snow - Blizzards
    Moon Phases

But later on Seasons would be upgraded as more worlds are added, you'd get sandstorms, earthquakes and the rest.

build mode would be the same, for the most part...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Lovegab101Lovegab101 Posts: 83 Member
    i think better graphics and pre teens and babies.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited October 2016
    Remake The sims 2 with updated graphics, but open world with create-a-style and world detail on the level of Windenburg. Breaking a world the size of sunset valley into 4 or 5 districts would be fine with me as long as the individual districts are open with no loading screens between lots.

TS4 styled Emotions and multi-tasking can be played down while personality and individuality is played up. Toddlers and pre-teens also included in base game. Older looking teens are Ok in this situation.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    Why has this ended up in off topic? It's a sims discussion... at worst, shouldn't it have been moved to ideas/feedback?
  • SammyCowgirlSammyCowgirl Posts: 48 Member
    I would love to see more life stages.
    I would also love to see careers/jobs being able to split into more 'sub brances'
    I would love to see a veterinarian/farm/stable function
    I would love to see weather and events around it. For example, a super hot summer or storm would be cool.
    I would like to see more wilderness/animals
    I would like to see a bigger variety in townie looks/features
    AND STORY PROGRESSION - PLEASE! I WANT TO SEE FAMILIES HAVE BABIES ON THEIR OWN, COUPLES BEING MADE ON THEIR OWN ETC.!
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Well, I don't know when or if my dream Sims game will ever be made. BUT here we go: I would be able to build wonderful houses and move all around the neighborhood in normal play mode. Besides that I would be able to take my 5D goggles on and walk around among my sim persons and talk with them and visit them, imagining I am a sim myself.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    1. The sims 3 style graphics maybe more vibrant and brighter but no pudding faces
    2. Keep a similar cas
    3. Give us a caw tool
    4. Build it up from scratch not from Olympus which affected the sims 4
    5. Bigger more diverse worlds
    6. Open worlds
    7. Cars in base game which can be driven first person
    8. More clothes for all life stages of male sims
    9. Children get more clothes
    10. Build/buy have more items but keep the same interface
    11. Have working emotions but add more emotions
    12. Bring back moodlets (which I loved)
    13. Keep the phones from the sims 4 but make it so we can actually texts sims our selfs and maybe make the phones look more modern and have more features
    14. Keep it a PC game
    15. Don't use low end pcs as a excuse to not add many featues, make a spin off for low end pcs like the sims life stories or something
    16. More lifestages like toddlers and preteens
    17. Intergrate generations and town life in the game
    18. Towns to feature the basics like schools which you can visit, town halls, supermarkets, transport systems
    19. Growable hair
    20. Add many the sims 2/3 and some of the best the sims 4 featues like multitasking
    giphy_1.gif
  • SimmingLoveSimmingLove Posts: 280 Member
    My dream sims game is The Sims 4, once it's complete. It's already a perfect game in the making; it just needs pets and seasons and it's the best game ever made.

YIKES. My dream Sims Game is a huge, beautiful open world that has a city, a suburban area, and much more. Honestly, I totally agree with everything @NeonHighways
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited October 2016
    Sims 4 graphics with all of Sims 3's features

EDIT: with Sims 4's create a sim customization, not the sliders
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I also would like a remake of sims 2 with sims 3 style open world. I would like to interact more with the surroundings and have more hidden lots that you can stumble upon. It would be good to have more holiday destination like a winter holiday where you could ski and sledge, or a beach where you could surf, water ski and go diving and a more historical holiday where you could visit colosseums or you could go on an adventure holiday and try canoeing. If you found a time portal you could travel back in time and maybe be caught up in past events like titanic and ww2 or to fifties Hollywood and get some autographs or maybe become a movie icon.
  • FancyKitty795FancyKitty795 Posts: 64 Member
    My 3 Dream sims Expansions/Game packs will have to be:
    1.Seasons Expansion
    2.Into the Past Expansion
    3.Werewolf Gamepack
    Part of the 82nd Sim-borne Division!
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Sims being able to talk in the bed after WooHoo.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    64-bit version of Sims 3.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I would hope for one village, which is full of natural Sims and natural environments. You could knock on a door and they would answer in their dressing gown, while you would spot their daughter eating cereal through the window. The cows would be munching on realistic grass as you drove past in your new car. The graphics of the sunset would be top quality and the screenshots would be detailed.

You would see teenagers walking past way past their curfew, in short dresses and the police chasing them. Arriving home, there would be many skills to complete and a wide variety of furniture around you. You could stroke your little kitten, who's running around for some dinner. I know that probably wouldn't happen, I can only dream.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top