Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need the return of spiral stairs and normal telescope for this city living.

Spiral stairs would work great and save space.Sitting on the balcony watching the stars.Just a thought.

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Yeah, I really want small telescopes back. They're a perfect fit for balconies.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Spiral stairs would work great and save space.Sitting on the balcony watching the stars.Just a thought.
    I agree with this so much. Wondering why in the world the telescope is so huge in the first place and it would be nice to have a variation in the types of telescopes as well. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I loved spiral stairs! I would add them to bedrooms to give my teen Sims a little nook area. Can't really do that with regular stairs.
  • LiseliljeLiselilje Posts: 33 Member
    Yes yes yes. Telescopes like in the god old days where they fit perfectly on the balcony. Way more subtle way to spy on the neighbors.
    I love the old fashionable spiral stairs that gave the house a cozy, classy look. Especially with beautiful wood railing details.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I could have used those spiral staircases when I was building this really big beautiful mansion in my game the other day. I have tried placing the base game stairs that are in the game now in the mansion. The base game stairs took up way to much room in the house, even though the house was big. And it just didn't look right with an at least a 10 tile staircase in the house.
  • pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    edited October 2016
    I keep hoping they'll give in and give us a normal sized telescope. Remember in past sims games & packs how we'd get a new telescope with every different theme? I think I had like 10 different telescopes to choose from in ts3... Sims 4 we just have a huge observation tower no normal person would ever have at their home.

Also spiral stairs are desperately needed. The regular stairs take up way too much space...

I feel like with ts4, especially at launch, they were obsessed with over sized objects. Like that cupcake machine. I never use that.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm guessing the telescope was meant for public lots like the parks, but I put them on house lots so my sims wouldn't have to travel.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    The spiral staircase has already been confirmed as NOT being in this pack (someone asked a Guru and linked the answer on another thread). I don't understand why bunk beds and spiral stairs have not been included - seems to me they fit in well with small space apartments but what do I know.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited October 2016
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I agree with this so much. Wondering why in the world the telescope is so huge in the first place and it would be nice to have a variation in the types of telescopes as well. :)
    yes always wondered why they removed the telescope from the base game. and I would of thought we would of had more

types of roofs
    roof and exterior wall decorations
    more types of stairs
    half walls
    rounded walls by now
    more wall and floor covers
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    We should've gotten elevators, but I guess not this time around…
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    A Small telescope and microscope would be awesome. It would certainly beat having to use those monstrosities they gave us.
  • dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    ferret9005 wrote: »
    A Small telescope and microscope would be awesome. It would certainly beat having to use those monstrosities they gave us.

I LOLed at "monstrosities" :D I agree though, I miss my balcony telescopes and being able to use spiral stairs for basements!
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'mma jump in and say we don't just need normal telescopes, we need the Sims team to stop making gigantic items that barely fit in your house at all. In past Sims games I never had a problem fitting normal objects in my homes. Sims 4? Suddenly I'm a hillbilly and half of my furniture is out on the lawn, not because I'm a lazy jerk that can't be bothered to pull my furniture through the front door, but because none of it fits.

The rocket ship, the telescope, the microscope....just why? Like a downside to owning an apartment is you cannot possibly own a rocket ship, which is actually a big deal if you have the Nerd Brain aspiration...

Just stop with the needlessly oversized objects, please.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Who are you to tell me what I do and don't need. Speak for yourself, boy!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Liselilje wrote: »
    Yes yes yes. Telescopes like in the god old days where they fit perfectly on the balcony. Way more subtle way to spy on the neighbors.
    I love the old fashionable spiral stairs that gave the house a cozy, classy look. Especially with beautiful wood railing details.

I miss spying on neighbors and getting yelled at lol when you got caught Sims 2 was the bomb
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'mma jump in and say we don't just need normal telescopes, we need the Sims team to stop making gigantic items that barely fit in your house at all. In past Sims games I never had a problem fitting normal objects in my homes. Sims 4? Suddenly I'm a hillbilly and half of my furniture is out on the lawn, not because I'm a lazy jerk that can't be bothered to pull my furniture through the front door, but because none of it fits.

The rocket ship, the telescope, the microscope....just why? Like a downside to owning an apartment is you cannot possibly own a rocket ship, which is actually a big deal if you have the Nerd Brain aspiration...

One of the penthouse lots is 30x40. So, I think you could fit a rockets ship out on the balcony of that place- it might look a bit out of place but should fit.

One of the penthouse lots is 30x40. So, I think you could fit a rockets ship out on the balcony of that place- it might look a bit out of place but should fit.
    Where did you get this info of one of the penthouse lots being 30 X 40 from?
  • IvySims15IvySims15 Posts: 31 Member
    Yep, now I am reminiscing to Sims 3 Island Paradise with the spiral staircases on my houseboats...
    IvySims15 wrote: »
    Yep, now I am reminiscing to Sims 3 Island Paradise with the spiral staircases on my houseboats...
    And I remember how your sims couldn't use those if you don't have them set just right when stacked on top of each other. I use to hate that so much because I would have to back into build mode, and adjust them so that the sims could use them.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Yeah... that's so not happening with CL... however, I totally agree and want these items back. <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    I hope that those spiral staircases don't have the same problem about being out of line with one another when stacked on top of each other in Sims 4, like they did in Sims 3! <3
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I really liked ladders. For that attic or secret room bellow somewhere. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Couldn't care less about the telescope but we definitely need spiral stairs and ladders. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited October 2016
    I totally agree with the OP. A normal telescope would be great, especially if sims were also give the option of spying on their neighbors (hmm - there really should be a 'nosy' trait). It would also have been nice if other space-saving furniture, like bunk beds and the murphy bed, had been reintroduced with this EP. I know that they have traditionally been associated with other EPs, but it would have been refreshing if EA had mixed things up a bit differently this time around.