Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't login to Sims 3 store, weekly specials have not updated.

Comments

• Options
    Dame_Judi_DenchDame_Judi_Dench Posts: 55 Member
    For anyone who has gotten MMAO to work using IE, which version are you using? I have IE 11 and MMAO still hasn't worked for me. Sometimes, part of the website for where I work will only work for me in older versions of IE, so I'm curious since I don't currently have any older versions installed.
  • Options
    AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    Hmm... there's a thought. I might try one of the obsolete PCs and see what happens. Although it DOES work fine on the newly registered account.
  • Options
    MinouCheetosMinouCheetos Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you, Tamaek. I can log in again, but MMAO and weekly sales are still busted.
  • Options
    GMGamerGirlGMGamerGirl Posts: 8 New Member

For those following along, just cross posting that there's a thread at the EA Answers HQ that's recently seen some attention from one of the Maxis folks here:

(sorry, it won't let me post a link.....Answer HQ English > The Sims > The Sims 3 > Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken)

Sharing MaxisBazajaytee's post/s:

Just wanted to let you all know that we are aware of this situation and your reports and are going to look at your accounts so you can get back to the offers.

In this thread, there are a couple of different issues being mentioned which we'll be looking at but some can potentially be resolved by trying the following.

Close The Sims 3
    Open Internet Explorer (even if it isn't your normal/default browser)
    If you have Windows 10, quick way to do this is open EDGE, then click the menu and select Open with Internet Explorer. That will open IE11 for you to clear the browser cache. Deleting the cache of EDGE will not resolve any problems with TS3 login.
    Click the cog icon in the top right
    Select Internet Options
    On the GENERAL tab under Browsing History click DELETE
    Make sure all options are selected except for "Preserve favorites website data"
    Load The Sims 3 and log in
    The steps above won't resolve the Make Me An Offer and Specials. Only potentially the login issues.

With regards to SimPoints, they are now sold through Origin. Simply log in to Origin using the same email and password you use at www.thesims3.com.
    You can also find them here - (sorry again, won't let me post the link shared by MaxisBazajaytee here but it's in that same thread).

And..........

This particular issue has affected a small number of players and while we will be able to fix your access relatively quickly, we will be looking into what causes the problem in the longer term.

If you happen to know others who have this problem please have them post here
    (again, can't post a link to that thread, so maybe I can post the thread path...Answer HQ English > The Sims > The Sims 3 > Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken)
    or get their Origin name so we can look at their account and get them going again too.

Hopefully, we'll have a resolution soon.
  • Options
    simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    I replied to it. Let's see if that works. Someone said it's affecting everyone, but I posted just in case.
  • Options
    +1 @GMGamerGirl! I've added a reply.

It sounds like it's specifically the MMAO that they can fix - I've not heard of anyone getting new weekly offers, and the other things have had fixes or workarounds.
  • Options
    Following up here from the other Answers thread, looks like MMAO should be fixed. Sale page problem has been identified, and that's their next step.
    I'm a Chrome user and MMAO is fixed for me.
    If you're still experiencing issues for that, trying clearing your browser cache. Another thing you could try is while on the MMAO page, press Ctrl+F5 which should reload the page entirely.
  • Options
    @GMGamerGirl, you are a bloody legend! I'm also all fixed up now. Spread the word - this is the fix we've been after :)
  • Options
    It works! Thank you so much! I don't know why, but I decided to check MMAO late last night, and it was up an running. I was so excited. And I was able to get some of the individual items off my wishlist which is always wonderful! So glad to have it up, and I cannot wait to have the sales up as well.
  • Options
    Thanks for these updates! Sounds like potential good news. My MMAO still won't work so I've just posted in that thread too *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    @Dame_Judi_Dench Saw your post over there, and hoping they can get the rest of the folks fixed up soon.

• Options
    Love having MMAO back but on the other hand... I realized why I have so many Simpoints while it was down. I keep spending a bunch on deals. :( I don't know if I'll have enough for all the Daily Deals in my calendar...
  • Options
    @simsfanatic9 you just need a little restraint :)

But I definitely sympathise. I burned through a couple of thousand points as soon as it came back!
  • Options
    TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    I just saw this and you rock @GMGamerGirl! And to help you out here is the link to the EA Answers HQ page so anyone else having troubles can let them know as they requested so they can check your account.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @AuraKnight Definitely need restraint. And with MMAO up again, I noticed the ads that don't work returned. The NJ Auto one and the Dietz and Watson one. Correlation? Maybe.

Edit: I let one play, and it finally works. Man. I wish I knew that. Could have had at least 100 more Simpoints today... Oh well
    Post edited by simsfanatic9 on
  • Options
    Sometimes ads get fixed, so it's worth testing that now and then. The Olympic Channel ones still don't, but I'm basically good otherwise.
  • Options
    AuraKnight wrote: »
    Sometimes ads get fixed, so it's worth testing that now and then. The Olympic Channel ones still don't, but I'm basically good otherwise.

Oooh, this is good news! I feel like I haven't had paying ads in ages!
  • Options
    Keep in mind that I AM on the Australian ad cycle. Your mileage may vary :)
  • Options
    Almost ALL of the ads are working by me now too!! Hope everyone else is just as lucky!
  • Options
    ThexPrixieThexPrixie Posts: 2 New Member
    I can't login. It has me login, says my name at the top but anything I go to the next page, I have to re-login. I also bought points through Origin and as far as I can tell (by going through login 4 times), the points aren't showing up in the store. Anyone else with issues that are ongoing?
  • Options
    ThexPrixieThexPrixie Posts: 2 New Member
    I logged in from IE, edge, Firefox and Chrome all with cleared caches and still had the same issue with having to login every time I clicked a new page.
  • Options
    neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    The store, especially MMAO, wasn't working last night, but it looks like it's been fixed now.

I was wondering, does anyone know how often the Weekly Specials update? I'm looking to buy Barrier to Entry and Large as Life Movie Screen, but since they don't appear on the DD, I'm hoping I can find it on the Sales page.
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    @neenahhh, the weekly sales is supposed to change every Wednesday. But for whatever reason, the Weekly Sale from October 5th-12th is still up. From what I have heard in another thread that the Weekly Sale page had changed on October 12th but then had reverted back to the previous weeks sale page and has been like that since then. I do believe that I also heard that now that they got the MMAO working for those people who couldn't gain access to it, they are now suppose to be looking into why the Sales page is still stuck on the old sales from October.
  • Options
    neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    @lisasc360 Oh wow, so does this mean that the Weekly Specials page has been stuck showing the same sales for the past two months? :cold_sweat:
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    @neenahhh, sure does. But hopefully they can figure out what happened and set it straight again as I still have things that I want to buy that I knew that was on the older sales.