Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Report Broken Sims 3 Store ads

So I couldn't find a page already created that had a spot where I can list which companies have ads that don't work. So I decided to create my own. The only ads I seem to be getting lately are the broken ones. No others really appear. I will update this list as new ones appear or as I see old ones appear, and I can get the name of the company. Please Sim Gurus, fix this.
Appear the most:
NJM Auto Insurance

Newest:
Trivial Pursuit

Comments

• Jamshid666Jamshid666 Posts: 23 New Member
    Cars Direct seems to always fail for me
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    Brother ... and I get it all the time!
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Jamshid666 wrote: »
    Cars Direct seems to always fail for me

I found a way for "cars direct" to pay out (for me anyway) I'll try to explain it the best I can. :D
    The ad is kind of large and you don't see the whole page, right? On the right hand side of the ad there's a what I call a "scroll bar" (mine is gray in color) that you can click and grab and pull down to the bottom of the ad. Once you're at the bottom you should see another "scroll bar" that goes across horizontally. Click and pull that one all the way to the right, then click on the vertical one again (should start at the bottom this time) and pull back up to the top. There is an ad (second one from the top) that plays a video sometimes that won't pay out unless you can actually see it.

Gosh, I hope this makes sense. It seems like a lot of work but it goes fairly quickly, and at least you should get your points. :#
  • simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    Didn't get Cars Direct yet. I get the stupid NJM ALL THE TIME! I hate it!
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't know if these ads are Canada only or not, but for me the Olympics ads are broken (ad plays and then never gives the points no matter how long I leave it), the coca cola life ads give me a second to click on the play button and if I don't they glitch out, which I also have happen with the Chevrolet ads.

Edit: Chevrolet and not Toyota. The Toyota ads actually work fine for me, I got them mixed up.
    Post edited by Goulsquash on
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @Goulsquash I'm in the US and the Olympic ads don't pay out for me either.
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »

I'm in Portugal and the Olympic ads have the same problem! They never end! Unfortunately they're the only ones I get lately!
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Astreia wrote: »

I'm in Portugal and the Olympic ads have the same problem! They never end! Unfortunately they're the only ones I get lately!

They're my most common ones as well. I'm wondering if they're supposed to even be there still, since I doubt anyone seeing them will be time traveling back to go see the Rio Olympics?
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Astreia wrote: »

They're my most common ones as well. I'm wondering if they're supposed to even be there still, since I doubt anyone seeing them will be time traveling back to go see the Rio Olympics?

One thing's sure I'm currently not a big fan of the Olympic Comitee!
    Olympic ones do not work. The one for the camera doesn't work either. I forget which one that was.
  • AuraKnightAuraKnight Posts: 115 Member
    The Olympic ads are advertising the Olympic Channel site. So it's more like a highlights thing. And yes, watching recorded video is a form of time travel... :)
  • traceyrobshawtraceyrobshaw Posts: 4 New Member
    Soooo sick of the Olympic Channel ads. PLEEEEASE FIX THIS!
    -Australia
  • marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    Hey guys, are you having issues with the adds again? It's just not appearing to me and I already warned the technical support but nothing changed yet. The sale is stuck since 10-12-2016 and simpoint bonus videos ain't working since december. In october it happened too and a lot of people complained, so the page went trought assistance and went back to normal for about a month. And now it's back with the issues. Does anyone knows what to do or who to "call"?
  • JennieDuttonJennieDutton Posts: 8 New Member
    The problem I am having with the ads is most of the time the ads do not show up at all and when the do I can only earn between 5 and 30 points. I have a little over 700 points so am nowhere near the limit. It has been this way sense around Christmas time. Is there anything I can do to help the problem on my end and is anyone else having the same problem?
  • marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    Hey guys, I'm having the same issues... And EA sims not to care about the simpoint bonus anymore. Does anyone has news about what they're going to do with store?
    Yet another ad that doesn't work. Some new one that appears in big box. Something about sports scores. It'll play ONLY if you stay on the page the whole time, but most of the time it doesn't pay out. So annoying. And sadly, no word on the outcome of the store.
  • MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
    For me, I don't even have the option of watching ads for simpoints anymore. I've never had this problem before. But for the last two months, the button to watch ads isn't even appearing. I've tried logging out and logging back in, refreshing the page, and waiting several days before trying again, but nothing has worked! Any help is appreciated.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    @MMitchell93, check to make sure that you don't have adblocker on as that would keep the ads from showing up. You may also want to clear your browser history and clear you caches from your computer to see if that will help... :)
  • MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @MMitchell93, check to make sure that you don't have adblocker on as that would keep the ads from showing up. You may also want to clear your browser history and clear you caches from your computer to see if that will help... :)

Thanks! I'll be sure to try that.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Thanks! I'll be sure to try that.

You're welcome... :)

• LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    edited March 2017
    Diurex is not working for me. Brand Exchange goes back and forth between working and not working. I'd also like to report 'Real is a Diamond' doesn't work either.
    Post edited by LissieBess on
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    ^^ Those, plus both Brother printer ads do not pay out. But "son of a betty!" is funny! :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Real is a diamond ads, I never get my simpoints off those.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    And the Fujifilm ones don't work either. I've been getting ads lately but very few of them work.
  • Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    Real is a Diamond - plays but never pays. It never ticks over to Thanks for Watching
    FujiFilm - same as above
    Diurex - same as above
    Nickelodeon? - not sure because its almost never available to play. Its the right sized ad for the oddball one that does work though.

What *is* working for me is the collectible glasses (some children's film?) and Goose Creek beer. There's some random wedding day & Heart Association ads that work along with a few rare others. Actually, I believe I'll look up a 6-pack of that beer this weekend to share with my hubby. yeah, I caved...