Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Current Sims 3 Household

124...Next

Comments

• GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    I heave to look in this topic more often xD but it's so pic heavy it takes aaaaaaaaaages to load and I am possibly the most impatient creature on earth, so...

I feel like it would be easier if all the pictures were in spoilers. XD

Yes, indeed! Now I just search for a certain post but it has to load first for a minute...
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I heave to look in this topic more often xD but it's so pic heavy it takes aaaaaaaaaages to load and I am possibly the most impatient creature on earth, so...

Yes, indeed! Now I just search for a certain post but it has to load first for a minute...

I know, right?!? XD
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member

I know, right?!? XD

So, from now on, everyone, put your stuff in spoilers xD
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

I know, right?!? XD

So, from now on, everyone, put your stuff in spoilers xD

Big posts can be overwhelming. But I also want people to post, so here's a compromise rule:

If posting more than five (5) images, any included above that number should be hidden with "spoiler" tags.

Also, if quoting another Simmer's post to reply, please only include the top image, or the specific picture you want to reply to! That should keep things from getting too congested.

In my game (no pics right now), I have had a collision of two separate saves! Jaime & Austin moved back out of the family home with their twins, who have finally gotten the names I was too lazy to think up when they were born. The fairy kids formerly known as Tino and Toni will now be called Remy and Trey, respectively. I had three Tinos scattered across various saves - and as two were about to be merged, it was time to think of a new name.

The idea being that my delinquency-contributing werewolf, Logan, has pulled various bureaucratic strings through some combination of bribery, blackmail and unwholesome influence to get his questionable ménage licensed as a non-profit, educational foundation and is now ostensibly running it as a boarding school for Supernatural teens.

With a slick website featuring all the right buzzwords, it certainly looks legit - enough so that Jaime and Austin are thinking of enrolling Trey & Remy. Teens need some space away from home to really find themselves, after all...

Pics in my next update - if I can find any that are fit to print. ;)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    My current family in my "No Resort" Island game consists of

Andrea Rivera, nee Blake
    Screenshot-135sm_zpsjwxxjcgs.jpg

Quinn Rivera
    Screenshot-101sm_zpsdowhgt8i.jpg

Quinn reading to their daughter Elena.
    Screenshot-148sm_zps9la7ftlr.jpg

A CAS peek at Elena as a young adult. Looks like she has her mother's nose and her father's eyes and mouth. Her hair color is a random blend from both her parents (84% from her father, 16% from her mother). I use the Consort hair mod so could change the blend but decided to leave it as is.
    Screenshot-124sm_zps2h2txt97.jpg

Andrea is pregnant with their second child.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have a friends style house going on right now. At first I started off with my simself family and I would occasionally start new games in other cities with a copy of that family. Then I got into my friends style house. My simself is included and then I add 7 other sims, usually with 3 males (+1 me) and 4 females to keep a balance. They all have jobs, with two of them working part time.
    Screenshot-806_zpse5uophdi.jpg?t=1494957473
    I am 1 to the right of the mailbox. The one on the farthest left has the brave trait so when we had a burglar, she fought with the burglar 3 times, but only won the last fight. Too bad. Two of my sims work in education. Two work in journalism. The redhead is a politician. Yep. They are fun. :)
    Left to right: Vicky Palmer, Dean Winchester, Alana Dabney, Blake Tranburg, Anthony Dyer, Tristin Amesbury, Annie Chang, Lorraine Kitts.
    Post edited by Anthonydyer on
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited May 2017
    Good thing I'm playing a couple everyone recognizes because I don't have pictures. I love Lucky Palms and have about 30 households that I rotate through - playing Darren and Darlene Dreamer there at the moment. They had a little girl and the game named her Diane - she is a toddler who is 10 days away from growing into a child.

The family has been doing a lot of upgrading in their home - Darren went off into the future and peeked at the lottery numbers. When he came back he bought a winning ticket and won $75,000 giving some room for retail therapy. :smiley:

Do you remember the two older fellows who lived in one of the places on the water? (Palmer Hayes and Roy Phillips). Palmer Hayes went off into the future and won $1,100,000 in the lottery! They moved from their little dock home to a bigger house I had built that was still unoccupied. Eventually I might move a single in with them so that all those simoleons don't go to waste when they pass. Meantime, it has been so much fun re-decorating to match all the family's increasing funds - and their personalities!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Screenshot.jpg

My 8-person "roomies-situation" household - still haven't figured out yet how it's going to work when the Roomies have kids...I guess they'll pair up and move out...unless there's a mod to allow more than 8 in a household.

From left to right: Harmon Rabb Jr. Jennifer Coates, Liandra Gracen, Jack Keeter, Phil Burrows (foreground), Toshio Nakamura, Meg Austin. and Sarah Mackenzie (foreground, walking into the house)

It's a plumming madhouse. They WON'T STAY STILL for a group shot.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited May 2017

My 8-person "roomies-situation" household - still haven't figured out yet how it's going to work when the Roomies have kids...I guess they'll pair up and move out...unless there's a mod to allow more than 8 in a household.

From left to right: Harmon Rabb Jr. Jennifer Coates, Liandra Gracen, Jack Keeter, Phil Burrows (foreground), Toshio Nakamura, Meg Austin. and Sarah Mackenzie (foreground, walking into the house)

It's a plumming madhouse. They WON'T STAY STILL for a group shot.

Looks like you and @Anthonydyer should have fun games.

When taking group photos I usually temporarily place some object about waist high and have each of the sims "view" it. Place the object in the direction you want them all to look and when they are all looking pause and use tab to go into camera mode. Use the camera movement keys to move the camera up so the object doesn't show in the shot. Take several shots from various angles.

Good luck.

ETA: Also while paused you can turn"moveobjects on", go into build/buy and move your sims around a little. Go back live, unpause the game for a brief moment, then pause and position the camera for the shots.
    edited May 2017
    @Nikkei_Simmer You are across the street from my house. We could be neighbors. But I have moved out of that house since I took the picture. My 8 sims would bottleneck in that house so bad that I hated it. They now live in a nice big house that can accommodate 8 people. Lol.

@cwaddell That is a really good idea to get pictures of them. My sims have the most free will in the world. I can't even get two or more sims to sit on a couch for more than 5 sim minutes. One time I took away free will but then all my sims stood around like a bunch of zombies, so I went back on that. They wouldn't even eat nor use the bathroom.
    Post edited by Anthonydyer on
  • megan_mariamegan_maria Posts: 645 Member
    I'm only playing with one sim at the moment. I've just got a new laptop so I'm more amazed at going into different lots and seeing that sims are actually there (!!!) and no lag! :smile: But apart from that I don't actually know what do with her. She's currently in the Politics career as it's a career I rarely play!

207n6rq.jpg[/img]
    210hms2.jpg

@cwaddell Wow your sims are beautiful!

@cwaddell Wow your sims are beautiful!

Thank you, and right back at you. :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    My current household (I already posted here but that's some time ago and things have changed a bit ;)) is my sim and six tenants (she lives in an apartment). They live in Isla Paradiso ('Cielo Insolar' in my game because I sometimes like to rename locations).

My sim, Cameron:

Cameron_0955_zpsgnnlcgdn.png

The tenants:

Cameron_0803_zps2ixgqwec.png
    (Becky and Bernhard; she's insane, he is a bore)

Cameron_0763_zpsntfilh6r.png
    (Dominique; Cameron's lover but not seriously from both sides)

Cameron_0767_zps56yqfefq.png

Cameron_0792_zpscswxtgdr.png
    (Emilio and Naomi with their little daughter Mariposa; Cameron gets along with them quite well and occasionally looks after the little girl)

Just recently an old friend showed up, River. A total loser but Cameron likes him anyway and he can stay with her for the moment.

Cameron_0953_zpsjs7erudg.png

And River brought her a little present, to gain favour (he has a crush on her). Little Charlie:

Cameron_0955_zpsh5m6dtqd.png

So far I love playing the apartment life. All tenants are constantly socializing and doing stuff, it's really nice. And all loyal to their personalities. The friendly ones become friendly with each other, the ones with more problematic characters act... problematic :p

Screenshot-1279_zpsn7buvrko.png

At the moment only Cameron and River are in my active household. All the others (including the cat) are roommates.

5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    My current household ...
    My sim, Cameron:

The tenants:

At the moment only Cameron and River are in my active household. All the others (including the cat) are roommates.

Looks like a fun game. I guess it would work similar to the dorms at university. Cameron looks fantastic and each sim is so distinctive and interesting. I've never tried an apartment type scenario (although some time ago I tried a boarding house but everyone was in the same household).

In my boarding house game I was following the rules for the hotel challenge. It really wasn't that much fun playing the proprietor who had the neat trait and did all the cooking, cleaning, etc. There was no time for anything else since according to the rules each of the tenant sims had to be slobs. But playing a manager of an apartment with no rules to follow could be an interesting game.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    cwaddell wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    My current household ...
    My sim, Cameron:

The tenants:

Looks like a fun game. I guess it would work similar to the dorms at university. Cameron looks fantastic and each sim is so distinctive and interesting. I've never tried an apartment type scenario (although some time ago I tried a boarding house but everyone was in the same household).

In my boarding house game I was following the rules for the hotel challenge. It really wasn't that much fun playing the proprietor who had the neat trait and did all the cooking, cleaning, etc. There was no time for anything else since according to the rules each of the tenant sims had to be slobs. But playing a manager of an apartment with no rules to follow could be an interesting game.
    Thanks :) No, that doesn't sound like the kind of gameplay I'd like very much (having to take care of all that). The idea sounds fun though. I'd prefer it without those rules though.

I must say, even though I am enjoying the apartment, at the same time I regret certain things that they could have done so much better... Like the tenants never leaving the property, not even to go to their jobs (which I gave them so I'm absolutely sure they have a job). Where on the campus all the roommates do leave the dorm, so why not in their homeworld. It's beyond me. They do autonomously cook (they all share one fridge even though each apartment has one, but I like that to be honest), but I don't see them doing any cleaning, even though I gave two of them the neat trait. And nobody teaches the toddler how to walk and talk. They only can be bothered with her when she is hungry or sleepy or when she needs to be changed (then they do take good care of her, which is nice; I always find her in her bed at night). And they really like to socialize and at the same time find their own houses to sleep and eat.

It's really nice to play this way when you use it sort of like wallpaper, completely focussing on your own sim's life. When she comes home from work they are all there and that's really nice. A lot of people around you don't have to control ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    This is my current family in Midnight Hollow. Victor Ballan, master vampire, his wife Gardenia, witch. Their children Alice who is a witch like her Mom and twins Josef and Jillian, who are vampires like their Dad.

34498841012_9b98aef9be_z.jpg
    edited May 2017
    Very nice household for Midnight Hollow, @bekkasan ! And I love Alice's dress - positively rebellious, in goth-ville! :)
    cwaddell wrote: »

That's practically the opposite of my setup, which is (as far as the authorities are concerned) a boarding school. Only Logan, my head of household, is the Slob and the "students" / houseboys do the house work. I do have one YA roommate as well ("instructor in residence"/paying guest) to help with rent. But I still end up running six active sims at once.

Just one pic tonight - my makeover of Twinbrook teen, Abel Bodey. Pardon the underarm stank, but he needed to be cured of being a couch potato. He also drank a Bottled Blessing of the Fae :D

rAXvw6E.jpg

edit - Here is a better shot of him, wearing an actual shirt and not stinky and everything. :D

MoS3Glc.jpg

Post edited by Sindocat on
    I have started a new house in the meantime, but at one point I had 8 friends living in one house. I was a little careless when choosing traits and appearances, but it did seem to work out. I had a good time with them. I hired a maid because I didn't want to spend all my time cleaning the house. I later discovered that 4 of my 8 sims had the neat trait and the maid would come to my house for 1 hour, get paid, then go home.
    "Neat" is a handy trait indeed, in a housemate. If a Sim of mine has it, I try always to also give them the "Speedy Cleaner" LTR, just so they can still have a life. :D