Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Current Sims 3 Household

Comments

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    @Sindocat Big Brother is a tv show competition where 16 people are locked in a house for a couple months and they only have each other for entertainment, basically. They have weekly competitions and the winner gets to choose two people to be up for eviction from the house, and the everyone votes on which one to send out. The goal being of course to make it to the end and prove why you've played the best game.

My sim version of it is to randomize 16 sims in CAS (traits, faces, names and such but I pick out their clothes and hair) and cram them all in a house (without tvs, bookshelves, computers or anything fun) and watch them interact. Good and bad traits really help make it fun and different. Every sim week (or every couple of days, depends on how fast I want the whole game to go) I put a different skilling item in the house for a couple days. Whichever sim has the highest level in that skill (guitar, athletic, painting, whatever) wins and is the Head of Household for the week. I look at their relationship panel and the two sims they like the least are the ones up for eviction from the house. I give them about another day and then look at their relationships to see who is liked more in the house. The one with the worst relationships is moved out and the game repeats itself like that until there are only two sims left. Normally I count up the skills that each one has and the one with the most is the winner.

One of the hardest parts is not interfering. If one sim wants to go flirt with another sim in front of his girlfriend, well just go ahead little man I won't stop you. :) Really the only times I do anything is when everyone is stinky for some reason and won't go take a shower, so I line them all up to take showers, mainly because it bugs me to see the green clouds floating around. And if one sim breaks a toilet or a sink or something, I make them go fix it.

I've played through several different games in the last few years. I don't know why I like it so much, it's just fun to challenge myself and let the sims do what they want. And it's even harder to evict the sims I get attached to, but I do it. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    @Sindocat Big Brother is a tv show competition where 16 people are locked in a house for a couple months and they only have each other for entertainment, basically. They have weekly competitions and the winner gets to choose two people to be up for eviction from the house, and the everyone votes on which one to send out. The goal being of course to make it to the end and prove why you've played the best game.

My sim version of it is to randomize 16 sims in CAS (traits, faces, names and such but I pick out their clothes and hair) and cram them all in a house (without tvs, bookshelves, computers or anything fun) and watch them interact. Good and bad traits really help make it fun and different. Every sim week (or every couple of days, depends on how fast I want the whole game to go) I put a different skilling item in the house for a couple days. Whichever sim has the highest level in that skill (guitar, athletic, painting, whatever) wins and is the Head of Household for the week. I look at their relationship panel and the two sims they like the least are the ones up for eviction from the house. I give them about another day and then look at their relationships to see who is liked more in the house. The one with the worst relationships is moved out and the game repeats itself like that until there are only two sims left. Normally I count up the skills that each one has and the one with the most is the winner.

One of the hardest parts is not interfering. If one sim wants to go flirt with another sim in front of his girlfriend, well just go ahead little man I won't stop you. :) Really the only times I do anything is when everyone is stinky for some reason and won't go take a shower, so I line them all up to take showers, mainly because it bugs me to see the green clouds floating around. And if one sim breaks a toilet or a sink or something, I make them go fix it.

I've played through several different games in the last few years. I don't know why I like it so much, it's just fun to challenge myself and let the sims do what they want. And it's even harder to evict the sims I get attached to, but I do it. :)

This sounds like fun. I've played my sim version of the Bachelorette but haven't tried BB yet. May give it a try on my new desktop.

You can always export a favorite sim who is evicted from this game and use them in another game all their own.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Pary I love your sims. There's something very unique and realistic about them. Scarlett-Lira is beautifulin an aristocratic way.
    @KarinL That's quite the family you have there :D Charles fits in perfectly;)
    @Kateness Did you play the Big Brother set up with roommates or with a mod? Sixteen sim in one household, wow! Very original challenge (also the potion as a reward).
    @Sindocat Juvenile delinquent fairies, perfect combination :blush:

I'm playing Cameron at the moment, a ginger who is at college now.

Cameron_0212_zpsl6uelpi0.png

Cameron_0229_zpsbkg1hmv8.png

She's doing fine there so far ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @cwaddell I've played a Bachelor game too but it glitches when I tried to have some fantasy travel dates using the traveler mod and I just never felt like finishing it. I even have a Bachelorette game that's down to the final five I think. Someday I'll finish that. And I definitely saved one sim from my Hunger Games game before she died because I fell in love with her. I just thought she was adorable and sweet. But I haven't done anything with her yet.

@JoAnne65 yep I used a Nraas mod. I'm realizing right now that I've played a ton of games with more than 8 sims in a household. Never trying to manage all of them, but there's something I like about a bunch of sims all living together. I can't imagine if I tried to control all of them. That would be cray cray. :D
    giphy.gif

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @Sindocat Good looking delinquents (which are the best kind ;) ). Logan is the werewolf? I love when my sims all eat together. I “try” to get my sims to have a least one meal together a day. Usually breakfast is the easiest meal for me to organize.

@PrincessCharlotte You’ll have to update us when you get your family going. :)

@KATENESS I’ve never done Big Brother with Sims 3. I did do the Asylum Challenge (which has that hands off approach, for the most part). It was pretty fun. I might have to try Big Brother when I’m needing a break from my Ultimate Sim household. I love the picture of the girls.. The look Suzanne is giving Ingrid is priceless! :)

@JoAnne65 Cameron is very pretty. What degree do you have her trying to get in college?

(disclaimer: I typed up my post on Word, so I'm not sure it will tag everyone properly... we shall see! :D )
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ChelleJo I tried the Asylum Challenge in Sims 2 and two of my sims died! Oops! It was fun though. And I don't think I finished that game either. I think I have a problem. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    @KATENESS :D:D I, too, have a problem with not finishing games I start. The exceptions for me (in Sims 3) was the 100 baby challenge (that was pure stubbornness and determination that made me finish it), Asylum Challenge, and I've stuck with my Ultimate Sim Challenge pretty reliably so far, though it's far from finished. Maybe we should have jackets... :D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I just loaded up my saint family.I haven't played them in a month or two.Since I redid a lot of my cc and cut back on a lot of it ,I have to redo all their looks before i play.theres alot of sims in the family.The founder Cherie saint is near death ,again.So i'll have her move in with Charlotte,her granddaughter, before she passes.

I'll try to get pics and all as i play
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Allie took her clone, Amee, on a stroll to the park in town today and let Amee play on the spring riders.

Screenshot_51.jpg

Screenshot_53.jpg

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @KATENESS Yes, that's true, after all they do take care of themselves. I can see how it's fun, especially in a Big Brother setting.
    @ChelleJo Physical Education. She's still got a long way to go though ;)

Cameron_0134_zpskhdzm3sv.png

Cameron_0151_zpspicufu6y.png

She's taking her time, we've chosen the easy-does-it way (only one class per day and less studying decay). Which means it will take longer but she has more time to socialize that way.

Why is Allie her clone? Was she born with the same features or was she really cloned? (I like the spring rider animation ^.^)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    This is still my current household.

I thought I'd copy it across from the other thread since it doesn't seem to be being used now.

This is most of my current household. I thought buying a birthday cake was the easiest way of getting them all together in the one place. But there are at least two missing from this pic.

Sophia012.jpg
    NOTE: I use Bombay last name for witches - so shared last name doesn't necessarily mean they are related to each other
    I use Flower for my fairie's last names.

So in my list of sims I'll not state their occult type unless it is different from the expected considering their last names.

My game gives babies the mother's last name so that tends to complicate things a little sometimes.

Sims in this household are...
    Gene Bombay
    Gene012.jpg

Valmae Bombay
    Valmae027.jpg

Bess Bombay
    Bess006.jpg

Bunnie Bombay
    Bunnie016.jpg

Annabel Flower - hybrid Fairy and Genie
    Annabel007.jpg

Sophia Shukepoi - alien daughter of Gene Bombay - from Mysterious Weight Gain moodlet. Her mother is Zolada Shukepoi.
    Sophia019.jpg
    Sophia018.jpg
    Sophia had no hair - so for her birthday as I took her into Stylist and gave her hair (or a wig). I actually liked her without hair but was curious to see what she'd look like with hair. I usually don't like hair I see on aliens so was surprised she looked great in just about any hair I put on her. I think leaving it her default colour helped as it blends in with the rest of her and I like it like that. She got a nice wardrobe too. She's wearing the sleeping outfit the game gave her in these pics.

Joseph Bombay - plant sim son of Gene Bombay
    Joseph003.jpg

Belinda Bombay - cloned daughter of Gene Bombay - she's a clone of Bess Bombay
    Belinda012.jpg

Britney Bombay - cloned daughter of Gene Bombay - she's a clone of Bunnie Bombay
    Britney018.jpg

James Bombay - evil clone of Gene Bombay
    James009.jpg

Jon Flower - witch - son of Annabel Flower and Gene Bombay - TFB
    Jon014.jpg

Jasper Bombay - son of Valmae and Gene Bombay - TFB
    Jasper012.jpg

Jeremy Bombay - son of Bess and Gene Bombay - TFB
    Jeremy007.jpg

Jake Flower - witch - son of Annabel Flower and Gene Bombay - TFB
    Jake011.jpg

Bernadette Bombay - alien daughter of Bunnie Bombay and Orthopox Shukepoi - TFB
    Bernadette009.jpg

Regan Bombay - SimBot son of Gene Bombay
    Regan005.jpg

Charlie Bombay - SimBot son of Valmae Bombay
    Charlie001.jpg

Stray Dog - a stray dog the familly adopted and never got around to giving it a name
    Stray_Dog002.jpg

Patch Dog - a stray dog the family adopted and named Patch
    Patch_Dog002.jpg

Fluff Kat - the family cat
    Fluff_Kat002.jpg

Then there is Bonehilda
    Bonehilda016.jpg

And the gnomes - here are a few of them
    Gnomes002.jpg

pictures upload

Toddler Bernadette has since aged up - otherwise they are all still much the same.

Bernadette017.jpg
    how to take screenshots
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2017
    @KATENESS - Okay, I see! Sounds cut-throat. :D I can see why that would make for some tension between survivors.

@JoAnne65 - I love University (though I usually go for Fine Arts). I agree that the lightest course-load is necessary if you also want to have a social life.

@MemoriiValentine - I play with minimal CC (just a few outfit pieces) but I always have to stop and fix default outfits and hair on age-up, so I can imagine the challenge of getting a family fit to be seen after purging old CC. :D I'll look forward to an update.

@Karritz - That's quite the eclectic mix! It's nice to have variety!

@ChelleJo - Yes, Logan is a werewolf, but it hasn't been full moon while I have been playing lately, and I tend to keep him in human form otherwise. He's also evil, as well as a master crook, as well as Flirty, Charismatic, Athletic, a Great Kisser and Irresistible, so taking in the two homeless teens is (even without the naughty Mod That Dare Not Speak Its Name :D) a highly inappropriate model of foster care - do not try this at home! But he's also a Slob, so having two live in cabana-boys is helpful. I wanted to keep my morning post short but (avoiding anything too inappropriate to share) here's a peek at their domestic ménage:

While Logan's been working a steady (if illicit) rabbit-hole career, the boys have been finding ways to fill the time, providing the party ambience at local nightspots.

Szs9uHC.jpg

Juvenile delinquency has its privileges - both Tino and Tavie have dropped enough LTH points into Rebel influence to buy the Rebellious trait, and haven't been hassled over curfew violations since. They do find other ways to be productive, however.

Tino puts his Handy trait to good use repairing a broken sink, earning the skill achievement that assures plumbing that he fixes never breaks again. Then he rolls a wish to upgrade it to self-cleaning.

FdDRU3C.jpg

Meanwhile, Tavie polishes his Writing skill enough to pair it with his Street Art to create a comic (likely subject matter is stuff he shouldn't even be looking at, much less drawing!) on Logan's computer - and breaks it! :O

6wZhTmV.jpg

There is no skill achievement for Handiness that assures electronics never break again, but there is one that assures a Sim is never electrocuted which Logan unlocked a while ago, so he's on it.

qfYJ7GL.jpg

And being a cheapskate in never paying for repairs means there is always money for other things.

"I don't want you breaking my computer again..."

tsTmV2g.jpg

"...So I got you your own." Such a softy!

E4lP6Mi.jpg

Now that all that is sorted out, Logan can get in a few chapters on his next novel.
    RyPqEX3.jpg

Romance is not his usual field - he actually specializes in Trashy literature - but the opportunity has arisen, and with these boys all over each other, he has plenty of inspiration!
    3jYkHPA.jpg

Tino claims to need a massage after fixing that sink earlier. Nice thing about privacy hedges - that patio is pretty much clothing-optional.
    suRXihD.jpg

And it's not like they are unsupervised. Logan can keep an eye on them while he works. How responsible of him!
    ULLeDRs.jpg

Writing is profitable, but stressful, so Logan heads out for a soak. Makes one wonder where the boys ever got this idea that casual nudity is acceptable. ;)
    zbi8CpK.jpg

And nothing relieves stress better than a soak in the spa - unless it's watching your live-in pool-boy work harder than you, while you do it.
    nM9DqFE.jpg

Joke's on Logan, though - can't mop the puddles with these clothes lying in the way. Tino is such a prankster.
    VxoBJ8X.jpg

Now where would he get the idea that taking people's things is okay? Who do that?
    HhjF5Pz.jpg

He looks so baffled, I almost feel bad. :D Tino is so gonna get it...
    No1PqqS.jpg

:D Happy Simming!
    Post edited by Sindocat on
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    @Sindocat indeed ! About 80% done with makeovers when I found out i accidentally deleted a lot that had an important tombstone on it :s but it wasn't my founder,it was her husbands so I figured as long as he's still in the family tree then it shouldn't be too bad
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm currently playing one of my favorite saves, The Mowry's. Right now my founder is going towards the end of the elder bar along with her husband Matthew Hamming. Right now they're living in Lucky Palms with their two children and currently are in the process of purchasing most of the property in town.

Here's their son Jeremy Mowry with his girlfriend ( her name escapes me atm. I know it's a family I created 2 years ago)
    30063506756_88ed94578e_c.jpgScreenshot-3 by Joy's Sims, on Flickr

They're actually young adults and current;y engaged in my game. His girlfriend aged up quite beautifully.
    29983864902_7be0edd7e7_c.jpgScreenshot-10 by Joy's Sims, on Flickr

30063505386_9586b605e5_c.jpgScreenshot-11 by Joy's Sims, on Flickr

This is actually and updated look of the two kids. Daria and Jeremy Mowry.
    30063505826_b276f46510_c.jpgScreenshot-8 by Joy's Sims, on Flickr

Daria just brought her imaginary friend to life after years of potion making lol. I'm editing him right now.
    29986980782_28ac25bef7_c.jpgScreenshot-12 by Joy's Sims, on Flickr
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    @dorendia122 - Nice looking Sims! Is the IF going to be a romantic interest?

I have a hard time handing things off to the younger generation. My big family is getting full, but great-grandmother is a Master Alchemist and has an Elixir of Youth waiting in her inventory... They are a lot to keep up with so I have not been playing them as much. Four generations under one roof!
  • Options
    ECrafters99ECrafters99 Posts: 99 Member
    Welp here is mine

http://app.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#57f4521f42f0a9ad0ad32ede

Please note that Sophia and Zane have a new son. I just forgot to add him in there.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm taking a break from my challenge save. Decided to plop down Kitty Price in Alpine County. Not sure what to do with her yet but she did get a makeover. I didn't touch her sliders and she is still an adult but eventually she will buy the young again potion.

29848480550_28a7b54622_o.png
    29848481470_44428f71e4_o.png
    30030172922_3c8819689a_o.png
    29848875160_edbd2fbe4c_o.png

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's my current active game in the town of Winfield taking place in the 1850's.I've got pictures of the families I play in that game.
    Winfield,Missouri-Fall-1855.
    The Jankowskys were asleep when I checked on them.
    29785637020_b91d8a1f64.jpg
    Lee King was playing with Spot when I ran a home inspection on her home.
    29453068583_70310f707d.jpg
    The Campbells were taking care of their child in their home inspection.
    29453065483_9e9a82f8fb.jpg
    The Ivanovitch family is needing to further expand their house.
    29452452414_ed19fb5d1b.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @TadOlson Thanks for sharing! How does the year you are set in affect your play, specifically?

On my end, I decided I had about gotten as much out of Logan & the Boys as was amusing for me, for now, although I'll be keeping that game saved and picking it up again later.

For now, I decided to disable Pets and enable Seasons instead (since my machine simply won't run both at once), since I have had Seasons for a good while now and never really explored it. New EP play means a new household. And look! For once they aren't Fairies. :D

I took a Witch I had made and put in my bin, who I had played maybe a game week on - he had a few points in Athletic, a few in Alchemy, a few in Cooking, and that's all. Here's Wade Rowley, in what the game decided a self-employed Alchemist's career outfit looks like (because it is the best pic of him I have).

hqY5rwV.jpg

He has my typical mix of social traits: Friendly, Flirty, Great Kisser, Irresistible and I forget the last - possibly Athletic. I put him in a wretched little shack in Twinbrook (a town I have not really played in before) just long enough to find a spot for my favorite house, the Chi-chi Chalet, then gave him enough to move into it - after going through the tedious task of replacing all the windows, curtains and items of furniture from Pets that I had used in that build, because I forgot disabling the EP would remove all those.

For a room-mate, Rowley invited the first townie he'd met that he really got along with, Shark Racket, whose traits I haven't touched at all. I didn't even change his features. His nose is a bit retroussé, but he has a good jawline and an unusual eye shape. So he just got a haircut and a new wardrobe.

1Zlo5w9.jpg

I made it as far as Spooky Day before my game froze up on me, and I haven't checked to see how far past my most recent save that was. :P But I have seen my Sims do things I didn't know they'd do. For example:

0GYbrAP.jpg

I seldom allow my Sims to even own a television, but Rowley has one, and rolled a wish to watch the Cooking Channel. His Cooking needs all the help it can get, so I allowed it. When Shark got his dinner after finishing his homework, he didn't sit at the table (though there was plenty of free space, and they always have eaten at the table) but instead came and sat on the couch with Wade while he ate.

On Spooky Day, I had Wade attempt to influence the weather to see what the Witch weather effect is, but aside from demonstrating his affinity for the Dark Side of the Force, Wade failed to get the Weather Stone totem thing to cooperate. Maybe because it was already raining.

XuiAsBA.jpg

Had one umbrella (Shark's) totally shredded by weather. Wade was skilled enough with magic by then to enchant the replacement to be unbreakable. And I carved some jack-o-lanterns, only one of which made it through Spooky Night without getting crushed. Celebrated what is THE big annual holiday if one is a Witch with a Feast Party, in formalwear. Shark does not want me taking a pic of him in his dress-up clothes.

Kf8aiPC.jpg

He should be glad I didn't get any of him dressed as a hotdog. :D

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Sindocat -I can play TS2 style rotational with my very heavily Modded game and I customized story progression to be like the TS2 version of story progression with the NRaas Mod version so I could play without that awful soap opera that comes with EA's bugfest.I use all of the collection though I play with a Modded story progression.I can manage my own stories using the weather and other things like the surroundings to come up with a story.I have sims only allowed to own laptops in historical legacies and I use Mods to remove most of the traffic so the roads aren't clogged with too many cars.I've got a 100 baby challenge set in the 16th century and only allow the cheapest laptops for sims in their homes which would be the Hello Kitty laptops from TSR.Your game looks like fun.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson - Okay, I think I see. So it's not, say, a matter of making them walk or use horses til 1910 or so. I tried when first playing in Roaring Heights to keep everything in my household appropriate to the 1920s, which was kind of fun for what I learned from it (for instance, Converse hight top athletic shoes are essentially a 1920s invention). :) But I only just found a typewriter to use in lieu of a desktop computer, for instance.
    TadOlson wrote: »
    Your game looks like fun.

It is! Which is a good thing because I apparently forgot to save almost all my progress - 5 days of Summer, then all of Autumn to Spooky Night. In fact Wade hadn't even met the roommate yet. So I got to play all that over again, at least as far as Leisure Day. Then things started getting hinky again so I saved & quit, though I had been saving or saving-as at significant milestones / departures. I have decided that the self-employed alchemist thing is too much hassle early on, and Wade will be a fortune-teller instead, now that I have given Twinbrook a little bohemian park with a caravan. Shark got the same makeover, however. He might get a name change, as well, but I like the Rowley-Racket household name. If they marry, they'll hyphenate. :D
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I love how everybody's households are so unique and different. This game caters to a myriad of playstyles, it's one of the things that is so fantastic about it. I don't have time this morning to address everyone individually sorry, but I love all of your sims, and the obvious love you all have for playing with their lives <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    @Sindocat Wade is so handsome! :*;)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I've got a new household now. They are living in Dragon Valley and are helping me build the witches village there. I'll post pics here soon.
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Here's the picture I have of my legacy, generation 1 and 2 together celebrating the teen birthday of the gen 2 heir!

qn1f2w.jpg
    From left to right we got Ariel Hudson, an original townie from Lucky Palms, then the oldest child: Jaguar Fauna, who is trying to become a visionary. Next to him is his younger sister Tortoise, who's a neurotic genius kleptomaniac, which is quite interesting! Next to her we have my founder Fox Fauna, who's traits are completely focused on gardening and gathering. The one blowing out the candles is the next heir, Wolf Fauna. He's stuuuupid unfortunately, but also athletic and he loves the outdoors, so I plan to make him a firefighter. Let's just hope his stupid trait won't get him into any danger...