Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I HATE TS3

Ugh.. Where do I start? I feel like everyday this game is getting worse! I can't stand Sims 3 anymore, for multiple reasons:
1.) Rabbitholes... You literally can't go anywhere without having your sim disappear!
2.) Lag... Omg! I have to like, save my world every 20 minutes just in case the game crashes...
3.) Open World... UGHHGHGHGGH! So laggy....
4.) Graphics... I can't play games with terrible graphics... Ugh.
5.) CAS/Build Mode.... So terrible. Why are buy mode and build mode in separate categories? The furniture is so ugly and the default colors of furniture and stuff is so ugly I have to use Create A Style for every piece.
6.) Expansions- KATY PERRYS SWEET TREATS? What the actual heck. Showtime? World Adventures?
Much more reasons I now HATE sims 3....

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ....well I'm sorry that you don't like Sims 3...but everyone has their reasons...but I disagree, I enjoy it very much still...but like I said, I'm sorry you have so many problems with it...just saying.
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    It just seems like you have a really bad computer. My game runs almost entirely lag free. By the way, the open world is only bad because of lag - the concept itself is great.
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    edited October 2016
    It just seems like you have a really bad computer. My game runs almost entirely lag free. By the way, the open world is only bad because of lag - the concept itself is great.

In my opinion, concept and execution are two very different things. And the execution of said open world is plum.

Still, is this dude playing Sims 3 on a toaster or something?
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @PalmArrow - I got tired just reading all of that, but you left out the combination multi-purpose open lots that we designed ourselves. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited October 2016
    Ugh.. Where do I start? I feel like everyday this game is getting worse! I can't stand Sims 3 anymore, for multiple reasons:
    1.) Rabbitholes... You literally can't go anywhere without having your sim disappear!
    2.) Lag... Omg! I have to like, save my world every 20 minutes just in case the game crashes...
    3.) Open World... UGHHGHGHGGH! So laggy....
    4.) Graphics... I can't play games with terrible graphics... Ugh.
    5.) CAS/Build Mode.... So terrible. Why are buy mode and build mode in separate categories? The furniture is so ugly and the default colors of furniture and stuff is so ugly I have to use Create A Style for every piece.
    6.) Expansions- KATY PERRYS SWEET TREATS? What the actual heck. Showtime? World Adventures?
    Much more reasons I now HATE sims 3....

1) You can download rabbithole rugs and build your own buildings such as the hospital to have a open hospital. Your Sims will still disappear in the little rabbithole room that they have built for the Sims that's in the medical career but you can still use the open part/s of the hospital for storytelling purposes... :p

I'm glad that we do have rabbithole building so that if I am playing a big family, I don't need to jump around in the world to make them do stuff as I know that they are doing things in the rabbitholes even though I can't see what they are doing. I can work on one or 2 of my Sims whether I'm skill building them up or having them out on a group outing together... :)

2)NRaas has mods that will help with the lag if you are not oppose to using mods... :D

I use Master Controller, Overwatch, Errortrap, Traffic as well as the Story Progression, Traveler and Career mods. The very first time that I used some of those mods such as the Errortrap and Overwatch, I got to see how many extra cars got removed from the world that I'm playing as well as how many extra TVs and radios that got turned off around 3am in my game and how many stuck Sims and animals that had to be unstuck. Stuck Sims and animals is one of the reasons for the lag in the game.

3) I love the open world. I love watching my Sims travel from point A to point B without loading screens... :p

4) The Sims 3 graphics don't look too cartoony like TS4 does. To me, the graphics in TS3 makes the world around me look more real than TS4 does... :p

5) I love using the CaP tool to add my own patterns into the game so that I can make my rooms match. I love using CASt when I'm in my game... :p I'm glad that the build/buy mode is in separate categories as it make building so much easier... :p

6) I don't care about the Katy Perry edition of the Showtime EP and I'm not too impressed with the KPST SP which I don't have but I do love the regular version of the Showtime EP and the World Adventures EP... :p

Since I do have the Traveler mod installed in my game, I can visit any of the worlds that I have installed in my game as well as take pets with me on vacations. I wanted the Traveler mod so that I can take Scooby-Doo to these worlds with the Gang so that I can have proper pictures and stories showing the Gang on their investigations... :)

All in all, I still love TS3 out of the 2 different Sims game that I have played in my life. TS2 was my first love until I brought and played TS3 and fell in love with the open world, CASt and the overall package. I downloaded the Sims 4 CAS demo and just couldn't get into creating a sim as I didn't like the tugging and pulling method... :s

Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    nraas.wikispaces.com/Careers
  • OMGiLoveIceCreamOMGiLoveIceCream Posts: 603 Member
    I don't use mods.
    I don't use expansions anymore. Don't call me "mad" or "sassy", I am simply expressing why I do not like TS3. Many people say the same for TS4, do people say, "ooooh you're madddd"?
    This is just my opinion, it is literally outrageous that I cannot even say why I do not like TS3 without being called things like "sassy" and have people say I'm playing on a toaster.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    This thread... Ugh!
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    @Goulsquash a forums is a place where you can send feedback. This is a forums, isn't it?
    @AlexaKry "to defend against your beloved Sims 4" that is ridiculous. This has nothing to do with Sims 4. Besides, I like Sims 2 better than 4 anyways. :/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top