Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Creative Corner

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited February 2017
    Agreed.

I don't even venture into the Creative Corner anymore. I don't want to dig through the TS4 stuff, it's annoying. And it's totally unfair that they took away our own section for TS3 and left TS4 with their own AND a shared section that they seemed to almost totally takeover last I saw (it's been MONTHS since I've looked in there at all though. I used to stalk that section all the time, now I don't care at all). Why do they need 2 sections when we can't even have one?

Not that I'm opposed to looking at TS4 stuff either, but in that case I'll just choose to go to the TS4 sections (or just go on tumblr, since half the simblrs I follow are TS4 and that's usually enough). But I want to be able to find TS3 stuff when I want to look at it, without having to dig through a whole bunch of stuff I'm not interested in.

And, the fact that TS2 has it's own creative corner and we don't have one for TS3, it's not like they can claim it's just because TS4 is the newest and most relevant game or something.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Chiming in here in favor of a separate Sims 3 Creative Corner. It really is difficult to find things of interest in the combined forum when you only play one version of the game, like me.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    YES, please! I often go into creative corner looking for TS3 stories and it's almost impossible to find any. Would be so much better and helpful to have a dedicated creative corner for TS3.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    YES, please! I often go into creative corner looking for TS3 stories and it's almost impossible to find any. Would be so much better and helpful to have a dedicated creative corner for TS3.

@xitneverendss : At least for story content, I would recommend you check out the Stories and Legacies Index, a thread where users can submit their Sim stories to be added into a well maintained, organized index of content. All Sim games are allowed on this thread (and I wouldn't have it any other way!), but I clearly mark which Sim game is featured for each site, so you can clearly and easily find content if only specific games interest you, which is far easier than blindly clicking on threads without knowing. I tried several weeks ago to get this thread Stickied in the Stories and Legacies section so it would always be at the top of the forums where it would be useful and easily accessible to users, but it seems like everything else related to the Creative Corner, that well-intentioned PM to @SimGuruDrake was also only met with silence. C'est la vie.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Yes, please! S4 and S2 have their own, why don't S3 have one?
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Sims 3 really needs it's own creative corner. This game is still hugely popular and has so many talented creators, it's ridiculous having to sift through threads trying to find the Sims3 content, especially when you're a hopeless builder like me and tend to rely on the talents of other players. Please sort this out EA and give us back our dedicated S3 creative corner.
  • hugzncuddleshugzncuddles Posts: 223 Member
    It beggars belief that there STILL hasn't been a response to this request... it's one of the reasons why other games are now getting my cash instead of this company - their developers interact regularly with their customers!

The Sims 3 Creative Corner is, was, a major part of my Sims 3 experience and which further encouraged me to buy new EPs, SPs and Store Worlds for a wider selection of build objects. Pretty sure that a lot of people are still willing to pump money into TS3 Store for such items, so why risk that extra income by depriving the Sims 3 players of a dedicated section to show/view creations?

And just for the record EA... the lack of a Creative Corner for Sims 3 WILL NEVER 'push' me towards Sims 4... the only direction myself and others may go is towards other games where the developer at least has the courtesy of giving a reply to such a popular request, and often on the same day too. Been there, seen it, it's possible - if you're not willing to provide what's being asked, at least have the courtesy to communicate!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I just sent a tweet out to her. Maybe she will see it and respond or maybe we will continue being the little red headed step kids of the sims community. :(
  • KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member
    This honestly seems like someone made an error when the forums were re-arranged, and it should just be fixed.

But for the people with the authorization to make the call, it probably seems like a low priority thing. =/

It's really a small thing to ask though, guys. For the community.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I would like this, too, as I'm currently playing Sims 3 exclusively. Thank you. :)
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Agreed.
  • pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    I know I've already posted on this thread back in December, but I'll say it again! It's only fair that there is a separate creative corner for each iteration of the game. It'll make it much easier for everyone, especially for newer members who are confused when they look at the creative corner that's not under Sims 4, yet all that they can find is Sims 4 content. I don't even bother going to the creative corner anymore, cause I know that I will be searching through 15 different threads and only find 4 that are Sims 3 related :/ So I will patiently wait for a separate creative corner o:) In the mean time, maybe it will help if simmers put what version of Sims their topic is about in the title so we can know from the get go? I'm thinking of doing that for my legacy, so people looking for a Sims 4 story won't be disappointed when they click my topic.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Could the Sims 3 section please get its own Creative Corner section again? I know there is a general one but that is both 4 and 3, add to that 4 has its own dedicated creative corner section as well as that one which is being shared.

It would be really nice if there was a place within the Sims 3 community forum area to share creative stuff, and to look through other users creations without having to pick through all of the Sims 4 threads. I don't know what thoughts went into the decision to break it up this way but it is kind of a hot mess.

I would also like a Creative Corner for Sims 3. I tried looking through the current combined one and gave up since it took so long looking for anything interesting. I've only ever played Sims 3. Never played 1, 2 or 4 and have no plans to play them in the future.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I only build (or download) for The Sims 3. It would be helpful to have a board dedicated to TS3 creations, rather than having to sift and sort.

I understand absolutely that EA wishes to promote current content, but seeing as the Sims 3 Shop is still up, and folks may well buy build/buy items used in a player-built lot, I'd hope TS3 can still get a bit of support as well.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I completely agree.
    p6tqefj
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    This thread was started in October 2016. It's now nearly March 2017. That's almost FIVE MONTHS and we haven't even been given the decency of any acknowledgement. Why?
    Why is it so hard to add a forum category that would benefit a lot of people? We're not asking for anything that's hard or impossible to do. It's a few simple clicks of a few buttons.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Pary - you are right. A simple acknowledgement or a 'Yes, we're looking into this' or even a 'No, we don't want to do this' would be nice.

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruRusskii @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruGraham or any other guru for that matter can you please weigh in on this? We know ya'll are super busy, but this started out as a simple Yes or No question which was a follow on from something that @SimGuruDrake said was being worked on ages ago for the forums.

We aren't asking for a major feature for a game, just a section on the forums where we can share our creations, just as TS2 and TS4 are able to do so.

I know ya'll tend to spend your time on twitter interacting with the community instead of on the official forums and I know TS3 doesn't seem to receive any acknowledgement anymore (at least the positive kind), but there are still a lot of us around that still enjoy the game and would like a spot to share our creations.

Like I and so many others have asked politely, a simple acknowledgement would be much appreciated. We are still fans of this franchise and not lepers :wink:
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I totally agree and I did ask @SimGuruDrake on twitter to respond to this hoping she would at least see it and answer. :(
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    This would be very helpful - I also tried to find worlds to check into and it is very difficult and time-consuming to wade through even a few pages of the section as it stands.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    It's kind of confusing how TS2 has its own creative corner yet TS3 doesn't.
    I'm also voting YES for a TS3 creative corner because it's only right.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I think Bekkasan is right. We are the red headed stepchildren.

So here is the short story. I have a friend who has a forum who has given us a section to have a Sims 3 Creative Corner. Here is the link. We'll see if it takes off. I'm going to be the moderator. I've never done that before so if it does take off, please bear with me!

Sims 3 Creative Corner!

Please read the forum rules. And if you have any advice or suggestions for changing categories, etc., let me know.

Let me know what y'all think!
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    @ZeeGee Awesome idea! Just bookmarked the other forum so I can find it again. :)
    giphy.gif

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @KATENESS Thank you! And I love your dalek rave, LOL
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Maybe if we get to 100 replies we will get acknowledgement?!

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruRusskii @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruGraham
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top