Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Creative Corner

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @SimGuruDrake May we please know the reasoning behind the decision to pull three sections from the Sims 3 Creative Corner, three sections which had been for use by Sims 3 players since 2009, and to stick them at the top of the forum to be used by everyone?

Was it to bring all simmers together?

If so, then why does the Sims 4 section have those SAME three sections in their very own Creative Corner? Why do they get exclusive creative sections AND the use of the Sims 3 creative sections? Does that seem fair?

It feels kind of like when your parents bring home their newest bundle of joy and not only do they get their own room, but they get to take over your room too and put all their new toys in it while you're relegated to the basement without any windows. At this point I know I don't want the old sections moved back to the Sims 3 section as they are so mixed up with posts for TS4 which I do not care to look at or pick through when I am looking for Sims 3 stuff. Those three sections are trashed, one hot mess. I don't care what is done with those at this point but I think we should get brand new Creative Corner sections in the Sims 3 section.

We can move our threads we want and are still active in, in those three creative corner threads, over to the new ones ourselves.

Totally agree with what you've said @Jessa_Dakkar. I'm ready to revamp my creative thread, but would totally love if I could specifically put it in the creative corner for Sims 3.

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I think it might make it a lot easier on the design groups too, particularly those builders that just work with TS3.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Well it is Thursday and no response, so @SimGuruDrake can you please pop by and let us know what you think about this request. Thanks.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Please, moderators, consider doing this! The natural place for Sims 3 creative subforums would be near the "Create a Pattern" and "Create a World" subforums, within the Sims 3 section. That's where i would expect to find them if I was a new player.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Sign me up,I feel like losing the creative corner for sims 3 players fealt like a punishment.The sims 3 is still very active and alive and a new thread would be great. <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited January 2017
    @SimGuruDrake It's been several months since this request was first made, and I still lend my support. For a forum to be successful, it should be easy for contributors and readers to navigate. At the moment, the Creative Corner of the forum is not. Please give Sims 3 players their own Create a Pattern and Create a World sub-sections Creative Corner back under the The Sims 3 forum.

EDIT: Corrected thread names.
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake It's been several months since this request was first made, and I still lend my support. For a forum to be successful, it should be easy for contributors and readers to navigate. At the moment, the Creative Corner of the forum is not. Please give Sims 3 players their own Create a Pattern and Create a World sub-sections back under the The Sims 3 forum.

@lanlyn - CAP and CAW are under Game Tools, but I fully support a Creative Corner under The Sims 3 section. It's the only game that doesn't have one. :disappointed:
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited January 2017
    @aricarai Thanks for the clarification. You see? I'm still confused after the threads got moved around! :s I edited my post.

Yes, I did see the Sims 2 had their own Creative Corner, as does Sims 4.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Could the Sims 3 section please get its own Creative Corner section again? I know there is a general one but that is both 4 and 3, add to that 4 has its own dedicated creative corner section as well as that one which is being shared.

It would be really nice if there was a place within the Sims 3 community forum area to share creative stuff, and to look through other users creations without having to pick through all of the Sims 4 threads. I don't know what thoughts went into the decision to break it up this way but it is kind of a hot mess.

I totally agree! I know that TS4 is the newer game, but TS3 is still going strong.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I agree.I barely play The Sims 3 anymore, but when I do, I want to find sims 3 lots and such, and they're being lost among sims 4(Not that I don't live TS4 creators)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Good morning. @SimGuruDrake tagging you err...again, :wink: to request your thoughts on this proposal. Thanks.
    TS3 Creative Corner is still conspicuously missing from the forum categories ... :'(
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member

Stiiiiiiill waaaaaiting....

[d4c7ed99c07a00c53309d835d78316a8cc36af60107131bed123b3f056b5e5bf_zpswqwjhtad.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I would love this to happen. It is so difficult to find creations for ts3 amongst all the other stuff. Please please please please please add a section for us. Pretty please with fluffy pink hugs <3
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Yes, this is definitely needed! I still don't understand why there isn't one. :)
    giphy.gif

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Agreed and signed!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    yes! I agree that the sims3 needs their own creative corner.
    :) Smile!

• KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    @SimGuruDrake I totally agree with this. I have all the sims 1-4, and I have noticed as well that 2 and 4 each have the Creative Corner, but 3 doesn't. It doesn't make sense. I play 3 all the time, and I would love to be able to click 1 link and have all the content specific to Sims 3. As it is now, I agree with the rest. I have also given up trying to "find" content exclusively to 3.
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Showing my support and hope it gets sorted out soon.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I play 3 also and would welcome a separate section. @SimGuruDrake, this thread was started 4 months ago. Won't you please respond?
    ROFL @ZeeGee
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
    Agree! There should be a separate subforum for Sims 3 creative content.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Agreed! Sims 2 and 4 but no 3.... :/
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Sign me up too!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I agree! We need a Sims 3 Creative Corner! Since Sims 4 and Sims 2 has their own, why shouldn't Sims 3?
    p8L4V6v.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top