Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Fall/Winter Apocalypse Tournament Winners Announced!

AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
We are kicking off our bi-annual Apocalypse Tournament

When: October 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017

Rules: You can find all the rules here on the TS3AC Wiki site: http://ts3ac.wikispaces.com/Tournaments

Register: We have a Facebook Group devoted to answering questions and discussing the challenge here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TS3AC/
* You will need to request membership to the group in order to post to our site. We are a friendly group and welcome new members. :) We have started a registration thread in the Facebook Group where you may post your intention to join the tournament here.
* If you don't do Facebook, no worries, just let us know on this thread you will be joining the tournament by completing the registration form below. There is no deadline for registration. We will also monitor this thread to answer questions and update with rule clarifications as needed for those that aren't on Facebook.

Prizes:
1st Place: 3000 Simpoints in store content
2nd Place: 2500 Simpoints in store content
3rd Place: 2000 Simpoints in store content

Play: Feel free to post pictures and stories here as well as links to any blogs or threads you start up to chronicle your challenge. Of course you may also ask questions regarding the challenge on this thread. Blogging is not required but can add an element of fun.

Watch: For newbies and not-so-newbies one of our long time members will be doing an instructional blog. As soon as we have a link we will post it here.

Updated Rules: We did go through and made some exciting changes to the rules. We have tried really hard to include Pets as a fun part of the challenge if you like playing with them. We have created a blog to help highlight any changes so you can get a feel for them. It can be found here:http://ts3oct2016.blogspot.com/

Registration Form:
REGISTRATION FORM
Player name:
Apocalypse Family name:
Occult Set Up chosen:
Advantages:
Handicaps:
World used:
EPs used:
Network (community lots):

Happy Simming from your moderators: @AudreyFld @Seera1024 @mikitta47 @Mate00 @DevralofRappelz !
Post edited by AudreyFld on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
    TOURNAMENT WINNERS ANNOUNCED……

Seems like this time around most of our players were stricken by the Sims 3 Winter Plague. It caused corrupted games, ate graphic cards and in some instances killed PCs! We did wind up with 7 scores submitted. Those that finished were close. So without further ado - the winners are….

FIRST PLACE: Linda Sheal (Goldsmith family) with a whopping 437 pts! Congrat Linda. You win 3000 SPs worth of store goodies.
    SECOND PLACE: Jeri Fallon (Maddox family) with 393 pts! You win 2500 SPs worth of store goodies.
    THIRD PLACE: Tony Louis (Dawn family) with a score of 373 pts! You win 2000 SPs worth of store goodies.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
    The following folks also managed to avoid the Sims 3 Plague and submitted stores so they are getting 500 SPs worth of store goodies!
    Jeri Fallon (Regent family) - 361 pts - Amazing - two completed challenges!
    Amanda Briggs (Sterling family) - 312 pts
    Roxanna Hauge (Shea family) - 238 pts
    Matilda Klevedal (Modig family) - 231 pts

Also, we would be remiss if we didn’t mention Katrina Calnan’s very awesome score with her Aes-Sedai family. She opted to do a “pretend registration” and scored 436 pts. Thanks for playing Katrina!

CLAIMING PRIZES:
    To claim your prizes, please post a link to your wishlist in this thread. Put or name the items that you want the most first in your list. That will be the easiest way for us to award you. If you don’t want the points you are welcome to gift them to another deserving simmer. It doesn’t have to be someone that participated in this tournament. We will need a link to their wishlist items if you do that. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    APOCALYPSE STORIES!!!
    Below are links from several simmers who are blogging their story. Enjoy! :)
    The Green Revolution: https://ts3greenrevolution.wordpress.com/
    Alpha Simtauri: https://alphasimtauri.wordpress.com/
    The Starfire Quest: http://starfirequest.blogspot.co.nz/2016/
    The Maxson Family Blog: https://ts3acmaxsonfamilyblog.wordpress.com/
    Fall 2016 Tournament Blog: http://dlynnfall2016apoc.blogspot.com/2016/10/week-1_4.html
    The New Hope Apocalypse: http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=2858&p=61782#p61782
    Sims 3 Apocalypse Stories: https://sims3apocalypsestories.wordpress.com/2016/09/29/intro-meet-the-bucketts/
    Sedai Apocalypse: https://katcal062301.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/sedai-apocalypse/
    Amanda's Fairy Apocalypse: http://apocfairy2016.blogspot.com/

UPDATES AND CLARIFICATIONS:
    The tournament blog is updated with any updates and clarifications to the rules during the tournament and can be found here.
    Below is a recap of the updates:
    University Life Start Clarification
    World Adventures Business Clarification
    University Life Campus Definition
    Rule Change for Placing Pets for Adoption
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Woot! I tested out a few of the new handicaps. I made a child and elder. Then I set the elder days for 4 days (even though the rules mentioned it was incompatible with the other handicap). I wanted to see if the elder could last long enough to get the child to a teen. Though he didn't eat for three days in a row, I think, he didn't starve. (I was playing with the grill option and delicate stomache option as well.) I played through a week and finally got the notice that the child would grow up that day. They made it to supper time. He grilled good tofu dogs, but didn't get to eat one. It was after 6p.m. and I kept hoping the child would grow up soon. I thought children grew up earlier, but it was a little after 8p.m. when the social worker closed down the game. Bummer!

Then I tested out another option. I was very happy to see no prereqs for founder jobs this time around and chose architect. Playing with the option that only allows the big park, I wondered if my sim could go to City Hall, which is on her network, but not allowed until Military is cleared. I guessed that City Hall was needed for the job and therefore allowed to start. But, architect awards trophies along the way that must be picked up at City Hall. I was worried that not picking them up would glitch my system. What happens when you get an opportunity star at City Hall, but ignore it? Will you get the next "opportunity" which unlocks the next reward trophy? In my test, I had the sim collect the trophies, ribbon, and key to the city as they popped up. I wasn't sure if they should be done just after work like other work opportunities or during her work day. (OR, if I should have ignored them.)

In my test, I wouldn't have been able to take the adult senility in conjunction as she aged to adult before making it to the top of the career. Since you can send elders to work if they have maxed athletics, could you control the sim by accepting jobs during the work hours as long as you only did the normal confer with client, renovate, tell client job is completed kind of stuff?

Overall, I'm really excited about a lot of new twists and can't wait to see what options other chose and how they work out for them.

I have my sim, world, lots, etc. all ready. I am building and decorating a sim home with waiting for Saturday to get here. :) I'll get a form filled out for you after I relook at all the options.
  • Options
    @ciane - I am so glad you are joining!!! Yay!!!! Sorry about the social worker!
  • Options
    REGISTRATION FORM
    Player name: ciane
    Apocalypse Family name: Sewell
    Occult Set Up chosen: No
    Advantages: None!
    Handicaps: Cramped Much?: (10)
    Delicate Stomach: (10)
    Disconnected: (15)
    Fear the Reaper: (15)
    Grilled Cheese: (10)
    Haunted mansion: (15)
    Increased Dementia: (15)
    No Country for Old Sims: (10)
    Nobody's Perfect: Version 1 - Mild: (10)
    Supply Shortage Buy Edition: (10)
    Supply Shortage Build Edition: (15)
    Ungrateful Life: (15)
    Walk to work: (10)
    Moral Standards: (5)
    Rite of Passage: (5)
    The Age of Aquarius: (5)
    The Eyes Have It: (5)
    Trust No One: (5)
    World used: Lucky Palms
    EPs used: all
    Network (community lots): user created Big Park next to lot
    City Hall and Library (once cleared)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @ciane Welcome to the tournament! Are you sure you want to take ALL of those handicaps?
  • Options
    Oops, no. That was my list of ones I was interested in. All the 5 pointers I figured weren't worth the hassle. And in my test, my sim couldn't complete her job with increased dementia unless I turned off aging until she reached the top of her career and married. It might be worth it, but I think I'll let someone else try that. So ...

Handicaps: Cramped Much?: (10) Live on a 10x10 lot for duration of challenge.
    Delicate Stomach: (10) Normal or better food only.
    Disconnected: (15) Only visit the Large Park until military clear, then only Network lots.
    Fear the Reaper: (15) Old age death only.
    Grilled Cheese: (10) Grilled food only.
    Haunted mansion: (15) Keep all ghosts.
    No Country for Old Sims: (10) Reset elder age to 4 days.
    Nobody's Perfect: Version 1 - Mild: (10) Can't pick GOOD traits, but keep if randomly rolled.
    Supply Shortage Buy Edition: (10) One buy item each week until business clears, then one a day.
    Supply Shortage Build Edition: (15) Two each build category a week until business clears, then each day.
    Ungrateful Life: (15) No rewards ever!

Hopefully, I can complete these. (Though I'll still try to incorporate some of the others, I'm not going to let them dictate my game.) Thanks for checking back with me.

Granted, I only tested this though one career clear, but I think it's doable.

P.s. Do you know if the game will glitch if the sim doen't pick up her architect reward trophys? With Disconnected, City Hall isn't an option (unless it's considered work location).

• Options
    TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    I was just thinking I'd like to try the apocalypse challenge today. Once I've worked out what I'm doing, I'll fill out the form. Probably not going to win but you never know unless you try.
  • Options
    I was just thinking I'd like to try the apocalypse challenge today. Once I've worked out what I'm doing, I'll fill out the form. Probably not going to win but you never know unless you try.
    @TheDarkRose - We would love to have you! The more the merrier. There is no hard deadline for entering. The tournament goes for 4 months. If you have any questions at all you can post them here and one of us will get back to you. :)
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Oops, no. That was my list of ones I was interested in. All the 5 pointers I figured weren't worth the hassle. And in my test, my sim couldn't complete her job with increased dementia unless I turned off aging until she reached the top of her career and married. It might be worth it, but I think I'll let someone else try that. So ...

P.s. Do you know if the game will glitch if the sim doen't pick up her architect reward trophys? With Disconnected, City Hall isn't an option (unless it's considered work location).

@ciane - I will update with new form. I thought you must of had the ambitious and brave traits to take all of that or maybe just insane!!!! :p As for the City Hall I have never heard of that causing a problem. Obviously, you can do what you need to avoid it so if you want you can pick it up and just black hole it.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Ambitious, yes! I do like a challenge. Brave? Hm, braver than some, but not as brave as others. Insanity is just a different way at looking things, right?

I thought I'd try for extra points because I don't like all the collecting and doing stuff just to do them. So, I'll end up way behind most others score wise.

I played my first legacy keeping all ghosts on lots through 10 generations. Of course, that wasn't a 10x10 lot. So... it'll be interesting.

@TheDarkRose - welcome to the fun. I do hope you join in.
  • Options
    DevralofRappelzDevralofRappelz Posts: 12 New Member
    Then I tested out another option. I was very happy to see no prereqs for founder jobs this time around and chose architect. Playing with the option that only allows the big park, I wondered if my sim could go to City Hall, which is on her network, but not allowed until Military is cleared. I guessed that City Hall was needed for the job and therefore allowed to start. But, architect awards trophies along the way that must be picked up at City Hall. I was worried that not picking them up would glitch my system. What happens when you get an opportunity star at City Hall, but ignore it? Will you get the next "opportunity" which unlocks the next reward trophy? In my test, I had the sim collect the trophies, ribbon, and key to the city as they popped up. I wasn't sure if they should be done just after work like other work opportunities or during her work day. (OR, if I should have ignored them.)

You can absolutely ignore those opportunities. They don't do anything except give you cool things. I ignore them every time and have never had any issues!
  • Options
    Thanks so much @DevralofRappelz - I would hate to ignore then in gen 1 and have a corrupt game in gen 6.
  • Options
    @ciane - What Occult setup option did you choose? Human?
  • Options
    MIDKNIGHT247MIDKNIGHT247 Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm doing a play though of it and a short film series for anyone that might want to watch it.
    Short film part 1 at www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNa6Gx22Xak
    Lp at www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPoJ0wj3Qsk

I look forward to reading everyone's stories, and good luck :)
  • Options
    @MIDKNIGHT247 - Welcome to the Forums!!! Thanks for sharing your LPs. :)
  • Options
    @Midnight247 - I liked your set up for the elder/child handicap. I too tried that out beforehand. It actually was working out well, but I set the elder age to 4 and of course that sim died just before the child turned to teen. It was incompatible with the elder short life any way. I just wanted to try it out. :smiley: I couldn't watch the live play as my dog didn't like the dog barking, but I know you'll have fun with this.
  • Options
    I've post the story for my sim's first week here, if you are interested.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

@ciane Do you mind if I post the link to your story on our facebook page?
  • Options
    RULE CHANGE: UNWANTED PET DISPOSAL

It has come to our attention that the primary way we thought you would be able to "Make Room for Daddy" by moving unwanted pets out of your household doesn't work as expected. Therefore we are revising the method to place unwanted pets up for adoption. I hope this is early enough that we haven't caused undo angst with all those adorable but pesky slot taker uppers....Without further ado below is the new way to go about this:

Use your phone to "Place Pet for Adoption." The pet you want to place for adoption must be 'adoptable' and have a sponsor. Why would anyone take them otherwise? Calls may only be placed on Monday or Thursdays until Communications is clear.
    Your pet's sponsor is your Best Friend. In order to place a pet for adoption you need to have a unique Best Friend for each pet. (If you have two pets to place for adoption, you must have two Best Friends) Once Espionage is clear, your Pet no longer needs to have a sponsor. People are much more trustworthy.

Until Business is clear your pet must be a Level 10 Hunter or each pet must have at least 3 of the traits below:
    * Aggressive
    * Genius
    * Hunter
    * Loyal
    * Neat
    * Non-destructive
    * Quiet
    http://ts3ac.wikispaces.com/Pets
  • Options
    MIDKNIGHT247MIDKNIGHT247 Posts: 5 New Member
    @Caina I love the bunker you built very nice, I'm sorry about ladybug setting your dog off :(@AudreyFld Thanks for sharing this forum on the facebook group so I could share my l[ here :) The next episode is out if anyone cares tp see it www.youtube.com/watch?v=28UulEEQ9n4&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    AudreyFld wrote: »

@ciane Do you mind if I post the link to your story on our facebook page?

That's fine with me.
    @midnight247 - no worries. My chihuahua loves to bark at anything, but it's not good when hubby is sleeping from working the night shift.
  • Options
  • Options
    DevralofRappelzDevralofRappelz Posts: 12 New Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @ciane - What Occult setup option did you choose? Human?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you! I am doing 2 families, Plants and Fairies!