Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ancient Sims

This old gent is Valentin Frye. He is 421 days old.

Screenshot-2_zpstgeb6u6a.jpg

I'm playing on the long lifespan setting but I've altered it a little, so that every 3 Sim days is equivalent to 1 year. My Sims reach elder status at 240 days (65 years). So Valentin is the equivalent of 140 years old!

I adopted him into a family called Slone; they are rich with a massive house. Valentin has his own bedsit, where he can live out the rest of his days peacefully. He now wants to learn the athletic skill! I hope the effort doesn't kill him.

Does anybody else have any ancient Sims? Normal human ones, not any other life states. I'm pretty impressed with Valentin; I can't wait to see how long he lasts!

Comments

• Options
    Darstan64Darstan64 Posts: 433 Member
    That’s so cool. Maybe you should give him a girlfriend or a mate to spend the rest of his days with. Have fun! :)
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2016
    I had one in a game about 3 or 4 years ago. His name was Jebidah Wilson, from Riverview. I don't remember how old he was but I do remember that the sim I was playing ended up getting married to him. He was an adult while she was a young adult. They ended up having six children, and all those children grew up, got their own families, and the wife lived to be an elder herself. She had reached the end of her life span, and he was still alive. He did die before her, but by only two days.

Oh yes, Valentine Frye is one of my favorite sims.
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @Darstan64, I think I will, yes :) There's another very old lady, Li-An-Sun, who is 137 (I just checked)...I'll have to introduce them to each other and see if they hit it off!

@LaBlue0314, neat, it sounds like you had an ancient Sim too! Jebidah did well, having 6 kids :)

I didn't realise Valentin was a pre-made Sim. I just looked him up on the Sims wiki and he was a firefighter :) Poor chap; he's been homeless for over 100 years!
  • Options
    Here is an update. Valentin is now 142 and is good friends with Li-Anne Sun. However...

Screenshot-44_zpsvv2b4k0e.jpg

They're just pals and while I was playing a different family, Valentin and Kyle (my vampire secret agent's daughter) paired up. There is only about an 120 year age gap between them :p
  • Options
    lunabellelunabelle Posts: 175 Member
    Age gaps are the best ♡
    I play on an epic/custom span so I think Tilly is over 720 days atm. But can't load to check rn :(
    Working on #100BabyChallenge #TwiggsLegacy
    Now up to baby number 64!
  • Options
    Lol yes, especially such big gaps! Valentin is older than her Grandpa Saturn and he's a vampire, so he still looks about 30 :p

Wow, having a Sim over 720 days sounds awesome! I hope that Tilly will live very long for you :)
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I had one Sim who attended the wedding of two of her great-grandchildren. (They were second cousins - it's a small island town, so it wasn't like there was much choice.)
    She had triplet girls and boy twins, a total of 7 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren.

She herself was the granddaughter of my founding Sims couple, and that particular game is currently on generation 7. Over the years I keep increasing the lifespan because the family/community is getting so huge and I don't want to miss too much.
    So I don't remember what her age was in Sim-days, but she was about 125 when she died last year. I was sorry to see her go...

I think that particular game currently has a lifespan of 2380 days or thereabouts. (I'm using an aging mod.) It started out on Long, then Epic and then I started using mods.

• Options
    Awww, thjat is sad that she died but 125 is a decent age! R.I.P old lady Sim!

I think I may need an aging mod! I have reached the point where my original Sims have great grandkids but I can't bear to see any of the old folk die. My Sims are working hard to make Ambrosia, so everybody can live forever!
  • Options
    AllMadHereAllMadHere Posts: 55 Member
    The Grandpa in my house is like 212 and the age meter is full. New to the game and haven't had anyone die yet, so I'm curious how much longer he'll keep on keepin' on. He has a teenage daughter.
  • Options
    I hope he will be long lived :) I become sad when my Sims die of old age. Lol, should I assume he is like Valentin and has a much younger girlfriend/wife?
  • Options
    MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    339hn5g.jpg

My oldest sim, Bindweed Goblindancer is 1,926 days old; she is a fairy so she'll be around for a long time. I play on epic age span. Here she is in her winter outfit
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Martinv wrote: »
    My oldest sim, Bindweed Goblindancer is 1,926 days old; she is a fairy so she'll be around for a long time. I play on epic age span. Here she is in her winter outfit

Just a heads up, when she becomes an adult, be prepared for having a very long mid-life crises (if she has one, and if you have Generations). My fairy had one that was 40 days long.

• Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Martinv wrote: »

Just a heads up, when she becomes an adult, be prepared for having a very long mid-life crises (if she has one, and if you have Generations). My fairy had one that was 40 days long.

Yes, I have that one. A couple of my witches had midlife crises before so I know what i'm in for.
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited October 2016
    I used to get attached to my sims like that and let them live long, but I got tired of waiting for the next generation to take the helm, so now I let them go. When they're gone, there's room for another generation. And so on. The poor guys at the bottom of the tree are stuck waiting for a space in the house to have a baby, while the elder clings on, not fair.
    I don't miss the elder when they die because my attention is then on the younger generation. They come out as a ghost to entertain me later too.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    @Martinv, awww, your fairy Sim is really pretty :) That's a massive age! Also, my sympathies to any Sims who have a midlife crisis ;)

@DivinylsFan, no, no, I can't let my old Sims die xD Well, some of them I do and yes, I put their graves in the garden of the family hosue, so the ghosts can still be there. My original family can't die out though, lol. I still have Cyrus (who has died and come back twice) and his wife, Mars, who is a playable ghost at the moment. They're helping care for their great-grandkids now!
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited October 2016
    at some point he will have to die to make room for the next generation
    once that happens, your love will be as nice and rewarding towards the new king/queen.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Cyrus and his family are currently learning to make Ambrosia ;)

Sadly, two very old Sims died in my game today. Li-Anne Sun was 140 (422 days) and Zachary Mills (not sure how old he was but at least 120 years/360 Sim days).

Valentin is still going strong and is nearly 144!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    v3k4eq.jpg

Here is my second oldest, Jamie Garcia; she is 1,309 days old now. She is a spring chicken compared to Bindweed. (See previous post with Bindweed's photo).
  • Options
    WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    edited October 2016
    These are some really interesting stories! I can never manage to play a Sim for that long. I'm with @DivinylsFan in that I like to keep the ball rolling with the next generation, or I get bored.

In the version of Isla Paradiso that I used for a legacy challenge, the elder mermaid Salty Seaworth got my just-turned YA generation 2 heiress pregnant. He then proceeded to outlive her, their daughter, and all their grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc., up until the end of the legacy. I never actually added him to the household so it may have been a glitch. Personally, I blame it on the Absent-Minded and Childish Grim Reaper in that neighborhood.

It's spooky because I always play Normal lifespan and I've never modded my game.
  • Options
    @Martinv, your fairies are really gorgeous :)

@WestGhost, glad your mermaid is still going strong :) Lol, I never knew Grim could have traits! Does he have different traits in every game? I wonder what traits my Grim has?
  • Options
    WestGhostWestGhost Posts: 138 Member
    glad your mermaid is still going strong :) Lol, I never knew Grim could have traits! Does he have different traits in every game? I wonder what traits my Grim has?
    Haha thank you. The funny thing is that I actually don't like Salty Seaworth. One of the handicaps I used was that every child born to the household had to be a mermaid (and I didn't introduce sims from the bin). He was the only merman available so I just used him to keep the legacy going. :D

Grim does have randomized traits, yes. There are certain traits he's not allowed to have, for some reason. If he sticks around after someone dies and your active Sim has the Observant LTR you can find out his personality pretty fast.
  • Options
    @WestGhost, I'm curious now, I want to see a pic of Salty Seaworth xD

Aha, cool! I have a couple of Sims who may die soon (armed with Death Flowers) so I think a bit of chatting to grim will be on order!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @plushtrap_107 Thank You.

I had them in my game nearly forever. Jamie was a human sim turned into a fairy via elixir and Bindweed from CAS. I still think Bindweed needs a little more work done on her. She was inspired form the fairy from the Supernatural trailer. The story about Jamie is that she is a clone. Technically she is supposed to be older than Bindweed since she was made in 2009 as a human, but she got glitchy with the age freeze potion and I had to kill her off. Her grave is in this Jamie's inventory.
    Post edited by Martinv on